• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WolfCypher

I am now convinced I will never get a female Combee.

After a long lull, interesting happenings happened for me. I hatched two more Riolu today almost back to back with 3 stars each, giving me 12 total. I'm amazed at how this game is stingy with some things (Gible, Combee), vs. others.

c1tnNXV.jpg
wMCBeuD.jpg
vNuuEGL.jpg

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Does anyone know what the rarity for Ditto is? I've been trying to get one for months, I've caught IDK how many Sentrets but I still can't get one.
Also, should I evolve my flower hat eevee?

WolfCypher

I can answer the second question. For the next two months, Flower Eevee is the Breakthru Reasearch prize Pokémon, so you can get more on the 7th stamp.

Is the Ditto needed for a Field Task or a Special Task, and what's the reward?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Does anyone know what the rarity for Ditto is? I've been trying to get one for months, I've caught IDK how many Sentrets but I still can't get one.
Also, should I evolve my flower hat eevee?
Ditto is pretty random. Ran into them when I least expected to. Try hunting Rattatas and other common types too.

Got to go to a stop today and got some items and got my 1,000th Pokestop badge. Tried to get to a gym but somehow spawned across the road from it lol.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I can answer the second question. For the next two months, Flower Eevee is the Breakthru Reasearch prize Pokémon, so you can get more on the 7th stamp.

Is the Ditto needed for a Field Task or a Special Task, and what's the reward?
He's needed for both mew and meltan

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Woo hoo. Done the Raid Hour for the Legendary beasts and got a shiny Raikou. No shiny Sentret or Gligar from the Johto Journey event yet. How come have the Sentret spawns decreased significantly? But still hatched a Cherubi from a 5 km Egg. No Unowns from 10 km Eggs yet.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Strange, been seeing quite a bit of Sentret lately. Saw quite a few of them yesterday.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Saw way much more of them on the first day. The game has been lagging a bit more and on day 2 of the event, I noticed the Sentret spawns have decreased dramatically.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Saw way much more of them on the first day. The game has been lagging a bit more and on day 2 of the event, I noticed the Sentret spawns have decreased dramatically.
Ah. It's been relatively the same level wise on my end. But the lag is there too, along with the gps drift. Thankfully not outside, but in a car it gets bad.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. It's been relatively the same level wise on my end. But the lag is there too, along with the gps drift. Thankfully not outside, but in a car it gets bad.
Sure, but it's more lag. Even sometimes it takes me longer to log into the servers so it takes longer for me to start up Pokémon GO. Can be frustrating enough for joining raids. Pokémon GO has crashed several times more than usual since the event started.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Sure, but it's more lag. Even sometimes it takes me longer to log into the servers so it takes longer for me to start up Pokémon GO. Can be frustrating enough for joining raids. Pokémon GO has crashed several times more than usual since the event started.
Wow, that's not good. Ran into a crash recently on my end too. Raids are a pain as well. Bad lag happens when the raid is first starting.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Wow, that's not good. Ran into a crash recently on my end too. Raids are a pain as well. Bad lag happens when the raid is first starting.
When I was doing the raid hour it was so laggy in the lobby I felt the timer countdown was slow and the game was going to crash with the possibility of me wasting a Raid Pass and missing out on a raid. The game could barely respond to any sort of input I tried back then and it was a pain to scroll through the names and avatars of the people in the lobby.

WolfCypher

So I left the post office, heading to the park to drop off a Pokémon at a gym. They're listed in order of recent acquired, so the 1st one I see on my list is an A Unown I've never owned before (or any Unown). So I just left it at the gym. A minute later, I get a Egg hatch animation and it shows an Egg hatching into an A Unown, the same one I just left at the gym.

The game put the new hatched Pokémon in my collection BEFORE it did the hatch cinematic...!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
My Flaaffy, Serta, finally got its last Mareep candy today and I evolved it into Ampharos. It's so adorable! :)

D*N

Musical Star
Not having luck with the unown search yet. Finding 10km eggs is already a pain but they also hatch into dratini or feebas... I guess keep walking

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Not having luck with the unown search yet. Finding 10km eggs is already a pain but they also hatch into dratini or feebas... I guess keep walking
Hope you can find one. And Porygon. I generally get 2km ones or 5km ones. I'll probably have to trade for one.

Reactions: D*N

quake

So I have hatched 7 10km eggs (yes I bought the box with all the incubators with all the coins I've saved up) and so far no Unown, however, I did!! I caught shiny Gligar! My all time favorite is now a shiny blue Gliscor and will always be my buddy Pokemon

SneaselClaw

The 10Km egg drop is killing my enthusiasm around Unown right now. Over 10 eggs and not a single one, mostly Slakoth and Dratini, but I did hatch my fourth shiny Shinx today!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The 10Km egg drop is killing my enthusiasm around Unown right now. Over 10 eggs and not a single one, mostly Slakoth and Dratini, but I did hatch my fourth shiny Shinx today!
Wow, that's a bad drop rate. I'm lucky if I get 3 a year.