1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

Since my last update, I've registered 2 new species to my Dex. First, I made a Purrloin by Buddy and gained enough candy to evolve it and register Liepard, which I adore. I love its design and sass. Second, I hatched another Ferroseed and supplemented it with a couple Rare Candies to evolve it and register Ferrothorn, which looks pretty cool in Go. I hope to encounter some others that I don't have, such as Golett, soon.

My new Pokedex total is 485.
    150 Kanto, 98 Johto, 129 Hoenn, 86 Sinnoh, 20 Unova, and 2 Unknown.

2. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

I'm on step 7 for my Celebi quest finally. I just completed the excellent curveball task. Now I have to catch 40 grass type or psychic type Pokemon.

The only Johto Pokemon that I still need are Heracross, Corsola, Unknown and Celebi.

I also caught a random shiny Shellder the other day.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Time to get spooky! Staff Member Moderator

How were you able to complete that task? I haven't been able to throw excellent curveballs in awhile now.

4. Hunter Zolomon

I'm terrible at throwing excellent curveballs, but I found a way that may help. Try throwing excellent curveballs on Pokemon that are close up to you on screen. Like Wailmer for example. That's how I got my excellent curveball finally!

5. WishIhadaManafi5

Ah. I'll have to give that a shot. Here's to hoping something close up spawns. I'm getting tired of not being able to clear it for Mew and Celebi lol.

6. Hunter Zolomon

Good luck! Snover is also a really good Pokemon to throw excellent curveballs on as well. He's real close up on the screen. Right now I'm working on trying to catch 40 grass and psychic types. I just threw up a mossy lure to increase the chance of finding grass Pokemon. It helped a good bit. So far I'm at 20 grass types caught.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  7. WishIhadaManafi5

Thanks, hoping one spawns. Last excellent throw I made was when I was ticked off lol.

Hunter Zolomon likes this.
  8. D*N

D*N Musical Star

Traded with someone for a cherubi! And I got a seviper from the quest, which I was also missing. Getting really close to getting them all now, just obv. miss a lot of new unova pokemon.

Dex:
    Kanto 151, Johto 99, Hoenn 131, Sinnoh 94, Unova 16, Unknown 2

Missing:
    Johto- Heracross
    Hoenn- Illumise, Kecleon, Tropius, Relicanth
    Sinnoh- Pachirisu, Mime jr, Chatot, Carnivine, Rotom, Uxie, Azelf, Regigigas, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus

9. thekorean

thekorean Well-Known Member

Got a shiny Giratina from a raid!

D*N and quake like this.
  10. quake

quake Well-Known Member

Evolved my Servine into Serperior today by using all of my rare candies and having it as my walking buddy since I caught it on day one of the unova release. That's about two months of candies gone but worth it

11. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

Yesterday I found my first Snivy, and today I found a wild Servine at my house! I'm incredibly happy to have them as they are my favorite Unova starters. I'm kind of sad, though, because I've completed 4 Giratina raids since it's been back in Go and I haven't been able to catch a single one of them. I still need it for my Dex (I don't even have Dialga or Palkia, so here's hoping those come to Research Breakthroughs soon), so I'm hoping to be able to do some more Giratina raids before it leaves again.

My new Pokedex total is 487.
    150 Kanto, 98 Johto, 129 Hoenn, 86 Sinnoh, 22 Unova, and 2 Unknown.

12. Hunter Zolomon

I finally obtained my Celebi tonight! It has pretty good CP and it has pretty good IVs. I couldn't be happier! Now I have to work on my Jirachi quest.

13. WolfCypher

WolfCypher Well-Known Member

Here's been my last several days.

Participated in the Giratina raids with complete strangers. By a fluke.

Basically I was out at the park spinning stops. One gym I spun I noticed had a Liepard and a Venusaur, both had low motivation (heart gauge). I walked home, 5 minutes away took off my shoes, just happened to check that gym again and saw in the past mere 5 minutes its gone from a fatigued Liepard and Venusaur to a full six Pokémon gym with everything back to full health without changing color! What the hell? I checked to see how long ago the 4 newly added Pokémon had been left there and they all said less than a minute ago.

That made me go back to the park to find out whats going on, and I see 20 people gathered at that park's gym waiting for Giratina. So I waited with them. In the end, I tailgated them to 7 Giratina raids. I'm glad I noticed that Red gym went from 2 to full in a flash.

Anyway, 7 Giratina, and I only managed to catch 2. We defeated every one, but I could only capture 2. On the other hand, my 2nd one was a Shiny.

Other than that, still trying to evolve Gabite into Garchomp. Feels like its taking an eternity. Im always on the look out of Litwick. I hate that one appeared in the wild and I was literally trapped at work.

14. quake

quake Well-Known Member

I caught a shiny oddish with an incense! now to decide is it better as a Bellosom or a Vileplume! I hatched a Gollett also so pretty chuft! I did see a pignite shadow and it was 10 mins away from me but storm lorezo had other ideas

15. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

I have caught two shiny Oddish already. They're both already fully evolved into Vileplume and Bellossom. Also finally got Garchomp by getting enough candy and now I'm walking Pignite that I evolved from a Tepig that I caught from a nest.

16. WolfCypher

WolfCypher Well-Known Member

Caught some Gible in the wild. Its the same place I caught my first Gible and two Gabite. Its official, this bank is a Gible/Gabite spawn spot.

17. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

I found a Snivy nest maybe five minutes from home. Unfortunately there really aren't a lot of spawns there in general but I'll take any extra Snivy candy I can get. I also managed to get a Shiny Klink from a raid and I caught a Shiny Duskull while laying in bed. I also hatched a pretty decent Trapinch that I will hold onto until next weekend's Community Day.

18. WishIhadaManafi5

Noticed something. When I have my wifi off, any walking I do doesn't get counted if I turn on Google Fit and then use it, meaning Go. Basically the opposite of how it works with it on. So for now I'll only check via Go after walking. That seems to work ok offline.

19. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

I've had terrible luck with the Community Days and Safari weekends as of late with regards to shiny Pokemon. I did manage to find a shiny Roselia a few weeks back, and more recently, a shiny Lotad. Good-looking shiny variants; can't wait to evolve them!

20. D*N

D*N Musical Star

Did the mewtwo raidtrain yesterday, no great luck tho with shinies or great IV's (even with 8 raids haha)