• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I was sick these past few days and had taken to bed, and during that time a shiny Lilipup appeared in my apartment! Thankfully I caught the little girl. Made me feel a whole lot better.

I'm starting to wonder if I should maybe name my shiny Pokemon in GO...

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Lucked out today on a Pokestop spin and got a 5km egg. My 7km egg hatched into a Togepi, which I evolved into a Togetic.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Had some amazing shiny luck when I found two non-event shinies in a row outside of Community Day. I found a shiny Sentret and within five minutes of no spawns, I found a shiny Meditite! What's even more amazing is I haven't found these before!

D*N

Musical Star
I'm level 40 whoop whoop!

I also hatched a good drilbur from a 5km egg, the ones I caught in the wild have been garbage so now I finally evolved it. Also did the first evolution of Klink! Two klink raids were spawning very close to eachother so lucky day!

quake

Today's CD was good, 6 shinys overall and evolved the best two. Can't wait for Chimchar CD!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Had an eh CD. Caught some Trapinch, none of them shiny. Got to go to some stops and a gym and got some items, some gifts and a 2km egg. Also found out that said gym is now an ex raid one. Woot. :)

Drummerdude

I ended up getting seven Trapinch shinys today but most of them were terrible. I did catch a few good ones that weren't shiny however. Honestly the highlight of Community Day was that I hatched a really good Snivy. I also crossed the less than a million xp to go until 40 mark during the 3 hour window!

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Was really wary of today, considering that there've been problems worldwide regarding the Trapinch spawns, but it actually went really well! I caught 8 shinies, one being a two star, and ended up evolving some of the other good Trapinch I'd been holding onto. I know it's the not the best for PVP or whatever, but I really love shiny Flygon!

I even caught my first Tepig today, so now I have one of each starter. In other news, tons of new EX eligible gyms have popped up, so hopefully it'll be easier to get EX passes now.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Got 6 shinies from Trapinch Community Day. Not particularly good IV ones but still have one good one at least. Didn't get to do much so I didn't get as much EXP as I wanted to.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That's the same on end. Only caught a handful, not enough to get anywhere near a Flygon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Luckily still had candy to spare and I caught more than enough to get a Flygon and a Vibrava. So now I have shinies for both of these.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Luckily still had candy to spare and I caught more than enough to get a Flygon and a Vibrava. So now I have shinies for both of these.
You lucked out. But on a bright note, I came across a Team Rocket stop. Beat them and caught a shadow Poliwag.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
No shiny Trapinch for me, and to add insult to injury I slept in and had to rush the last 30 minutes of Trapinch spawns, so I was 30 candies short of a Flygon. Fortunately, the 10 km egg I'd been incubating hatched as a direct result of my frantic walking around during that time and out popped a Golett! I suppose every cloud has a silver lining after all, haha.

WolfCypher

Went through a long drought, but then a lot of luck happened at once.

Hatched a Litwick with 44/45 IVs
Then I caught another one in the wild and have enough candies to evolve it.
The same day, Breakthrough rewarded me a Unova Stone XD
And just now hatched a Gible. F'n hell!

My dry spell ended!

SneaselClaw

Went through a long drought, but then a lot of luck happened at once.

Hatched a Litwick with 44/45 IVs
Then I caught another one in the wild and have enough candies to evolve it.
The same day, Breakthrough rewarded me a Unova Stone XD
And just now hatched a Gible. F'n hell!

My dry spell ended!

That's some pretty good luck for a short space of time! I haven't managed to get a Litwick or a Gible yet!

WolfCypher

Well during my dry spell of catching nothing interesting, hatching nothing but Beldum again and again...I wasted 7 out of my 8 Charge TMs on one Pokémon trying to get a specific move. Also I completely missed the Trapinch day. I had less than 8 minutes to catch during Community Day and got nothing.

So it balances. Sometimes I have nothing going on and no luck on my side, then something spikes and all this crazy stuff happens at once, then it'll be nothing again soon.

Since my last update, I've registered three new Pokemon to my Dex. The first was Pignite, who I caught in the wild. Then, through walking and through some Rare Candies, I've finally been able to register Zebstrika and Excadrill through evolving Blitzle and Drilbur, respectively. I keep seeing Heatmor in my nearby when I'm in my office and can't leave but never when I'm available--so hopefully I'll be able to get it sometime soon!

My new Pokedex total is 500.
150 Kanto, 98 Johto, 129 Hoenn, 86 Sinnoh, 25 Unova, and 2 Unknown.

WolfCypher

I caught a wild Excadrill. Wild already evolved Pokémon are happening more frequently as of late.

Niantic must be up to something because already caught/already seen Pokémon like Shuppet, Trapinch, and Cacnea keep showing up as undiscovered, unseen silhouettes on my nearby list.