• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I have a few of the new Pokemon released, but I'm still missing quite a bit. I'm finally going to be able to go to a Community Day event after several months of being unable to go. I'm looking forward to getting rid of all these 7km eggs and replenishing them with hopefully useful eggs that contain new Pokemon. Not holding my breath though. If I get one more 10km egg that ends up hatching into a Feebas...

thekorean

I caught shiny Minccino last Sunday but like an idiot, I accidentally transferred it. Today though? I hatched one. Lucky me.

Drummerdude

I managed to get a Deino from the Go Battle League! Honestly when this new mode came out I enjoyed it because the teams were so diverse. Now it's just Altaria/Azumarill/Registeel and unless you are up against a dunce you have to use something similar to stand a chance. But I got Deino so I really shouldn't complain. I've been working on 7k's since the event started and so far I have hatched 1 Gible and 2 Riolu. No shiny though. Honestly I'm just thankful for the candy at this point. With all the new Pokemon I have too many options to walk with which is a good problem to have.

thekorean

I have been getting nothing but Feebas and Cranidos and Shieldon. It’s insane. Occasionally Ferroseed. No Deino in sight.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Captured a Shiny Lillipup with my Pokéball Plus today. Also, I never posted last week when I caught a Shiny Natu, so that's two legitimate Shinies in one week, pretty awesome. Those two bring my total legitimate Shiny count up to 23.

quake

So excited to see Ruflet and Braviary being released! Hoping the new mons keep rolling in!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Rhyhorn Community Day was an amazing one! Got 15 shinies for the whole time and I even got a 98 IV shiny Rhyhorn (Missing one IV in HP)! Maxxed it out and I fully evolved it into Rhyperior with the Community Day move Rock Wrecker. It came out with an amazing 3726 CP.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Today was an average CD. Out of who knows how many Rhyhorns, I only found 4 shinies, but I would've been happy with just one (I wanted Machop, dag nabbit!). I also caught Tornadus, traded for a Darumaka, and evolved my Whirlipede, so that's three new Dex entries today! I also, hopefully, got an Audino and Scraggy trade lined up in the future. My selected Rhyperior (3-star, okay attack) has CP 3396, and I have a bunch of spare candy to feed her. Only question is, is Rhyperior better than Tyranitar?

KahunaLagoonaEX

I REALLY WISH I DIDN'T EVOLVE MY 100 RHYPERIOR UNTIL THIS CD - One of the reasons I hope someday Niantic makes it so CD moves can be taught by TM (If they can already, I would've really liked that knowledge - ALTHOUGH I HAVE NO TMS TO SPEAK FOR)

But for once, my Shiny luck actually failed me. While 1st encounter was legit a Shiny, it was the ONLY Shiny I had gotten. Outside that closest I had managed to get was a 93 Rhyhorn which is now only a 276 CP Rhyperior.

What I did get outside that though was a 96 Caterpie, a 96 Omanyte from an egg, and traded with a friend a Shiny Magikarp for one of my many Terrakions that he failed to catch.

Failed getting another Tornadus, but I got 9 Rare Candies which will help with my 100 Mewtwo.

Also, I had hatched another 100 Gligar the day before so now I have a 100 Gliscor for each gender - the same situation with my two 100 Roserades, and my three 100 Altaria.

Not to mention - Just caught a 96 Weedle as I was making this post.

My selected Rhyperior (3-star, okay attack) has CP 3396, and I have a bunch of spare candy to feed her. Only question is, is Rhyperior better than Tyranitar?

My Lv. 40 93% Tyranitar has higher CP than my Lv. 40 100% Rhyperior - not by much - 3810 CP VS 3733 CP but I imagine two things off-set those is that Tyranitar only has a 2x Grass Weakness VS Rhyperior's 4x, but Rhyperior only has a 2x Fighting Weakness in Contrast to Tyranitar's 4x.

I mean, it all depends on what you're going for. I would gladly leave Rhyperior in a Gym because Rhyperior has Rock moves and 210 HP VS my Tyranitar having only Dark moves and 187 HP, despite the fact that the weather in my area means Grass types almost always get a Weather Boost. (It also means Ground and Fire do too, which the former benefits Rhyperior with Mud-Slap move than Smack Down...

I'd say if you got both, train both.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
In the past two days I got my first two shinies... a Rhyhorn and Natu. The Rhyhorn was caught during that latest Community Day event which increased the chance of encountering Rhyhorn. I even evolved her into a Rhydon already and she's currently my second-highest CP Pokemon on hand.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've been trying out the Battle League in Go & I'm really starting to get into it. I've only won 5/13 matches, but it's still pretty fun while surprisingly almost as strategic as the main series (even though I'm just rapidly bashing my phone screen over & over again :p ). I'm in the Ultra League right now & so far my best team Ampharos, Scyther, & Donphan (Scyther's the biggest surprise though since its stats only have one star).

Oh, plus I got a Sinnoh Stone for my wins so now I'm trying to get enough candies to evolve my Yanma

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, as of today, after three and a half years of playing, I have at long last made it to level 40. It's been a ridiculously long climb, so I'm so glad to finally be here. I suppose that I should be grateful that it's only relatively recently that becoming level 40 actually matters, with the release of PokéStop submission and reviews. If that feature had launched a year or more ago, it would have been torture waiting to get to level 40 in order to participate. I've already submitted four PokéStop candidates, and am about to take the test to review PokéStop submissions.

I'll admit though, I'm actually a little apprehensive about getting to level 40. For that past year or two, my primary (and pretty much only major) goal in the game has been to get to level 40. Now that I'm there, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the game. It's very possible that my interest might begin to die. I hope not, but only time will tell.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Complete the Pokedex?

That will always be something I aim for. Problem is, it's not really an active goal you can aim for, more of something you passively wait to get lucky on. And then there's the over-abundance of regionals making actual completion basically impossible.

Monox D. I-Fly

That will always be something I aim for. Problem is, it's not really an active goal you can aim for, more of something you passively wait to get lucky on. And then there's the over-abundance of regionals making actual completion basically impossible.
What do you not have, anyway?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What do you not have, anyway?

I've completed Kanto and Johto entirely, In Hoenn I have everything except all the non-USA regionals, Gorbyss (didn't play during the Clamperl event, so I'm still working hard to get enough candy to evolve a second Clamperl and pray that evolves into the right Pokémon), and Kekleon (not that anyone has a Kekleon), in Sinnoh I'm missing all the regionals again, Gabite, Garchomp, and Rotom (once again, Rotom doesn't exist yet), and as Unova is new, I'm still missing a lot on that.

So outside of Unova I'm, relatively close. It's really just a matter of needing to catch more Gible and Clamperl, both of which are ultra mega rare, and waiting for them make the other regionals available in events.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Did some raids during the event today, and managed to nab a Shiny Party Hat Nidorino. Pretty cool. Would have rather had a Shiny Gengar, but I'll take it.

I'm getting a little nervous about the clone Pokémon, though. There's just one day left in the event, and I still don't have a clone Blastoise. If I don't get it, that would be the first event-exclusive variant Pokémon I don't have, which would be a bummer. It's just so hard, since you have to first find a raid, then find people to do the raid with, and then actually get lucky enough to catch the Pokémon. Over the course of five day event, that's a pretty tall order to do for three different Pokémon. I'm glad I've got a Charizard and Venesaur (the Venesaur has 100% IVs to boot), but I'm beginning to think Blastoise won't happen.

I have some Unova Pokemon, if you want to trade with some of your regional... (yeah, I know that sounds unfair...)

Thanks for the offer, but when I said I'm missing Unova Pokémon, what I meant was the rare and harder to get ones, like Hydreigon, Haxorus, Klinklang, or Gigalith, among others. My guess is you don't have those either.

And regardless, it doesn't really matter, as we have to be in the same physical location to trade, so it's not really possible.

Monox D. I-Fly

Did some raids during the event today, and managed to nab a Shiny Party Hat Nidorino. Pretty cool. Would have rather had a Shiny Gengar, but I'll take it.

I'm getting a little nervous about the clone Pokémon, though. There's just one day left in the event, and I still don't have a clone Blastoise. If I don't get it, that would be the first event-exclusive variant Pokémon I don't have, which would be a bummer. It's just so hard, since you have to first find a raid, then find people to do the raid with, and then actually get lucky enough to catch the Pokémon. Over the course of five day event, that's a pretty tall order to do for three different Pokémon. I'm glad I've got a Charizard and Venesaur (the Venesaur has 100% IVs to boot), but I'm beginning to think Blastoise won't happen.

Thanks for the offer, but when I said I'm missing Unova Pokémon, what I meant was the rare and harder to get ones, like Hydreigon, Haxorus, Klinklang, or Gigalith, among others. My guess is you don't have those either.

And regardless, it doesn't really matter, as we have to be in the same physical location to trade, so it's not really possible.

Funny, I thought we are opposites in many ways regarding this. Yesterday was the day when we can get 5 Free Raid Pass a day during 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM local time, so the Pokemon Go community where I live Raided as many Gengars as possible, and I got 2 Shiny Gengars. Made a deal to trade 1 with a Shiny Prinplup, though the other party wanted us to be Ultra Friends first. We Raided Gengars 6 times (I had an unused Raid Pass from the day before, and the others had Premium ones), so there's no place for Nidorino. Lucky me, when I was luring, I got a Shiny female Nidoran with enough candy to evolve it right away. So, even though I am missing Shiny Nidorino, I got Shiny Nidorina instead.

As for the clones, Blastoise is the only one I have. I didn't really care about the other two because I have never seen a Squirtle in the wild.

Huh? I thought Ultra Friends can trade far away... Though indeed, I don't have those...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord