• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

quake

So they're actually hosting a Community Day this month? Huh. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're finally getting Abra's Community Day, but this just confuses me. Nothing has changed since the time the last one was cancelled. If anything, stuff has gotten worse. So why did they cancel the first one, but are still hosting this one? Basically this seems to be them admitting that they shouldn't have cancelled the first one. At least they realized that now. Better late than never.
I guess last time was a precaution because it was still relatively new in most countries. Now they have put different measures in place that they feel appropriate to hold a CD such as long distance raids etc

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
So they're actually hosting a Community Day this month? Huh. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're finally getting Abra's Community Day, but this just confuses me. Nothing has changed since the time the last one was cancelled. If anything, stuff has gotten worse. So why did they cancel the first one, but are still hosting this one? Basically this seems to be them admitting that they shouldn't have cancelled the first one. At least they realized that now. Better late than never.

The fact a CD is even being hosted baffles me. Some countries are in total shutdown where people are mostly banned from setting out of their homes. Unless if Niantic managed to find a way to host the event remotely.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The fact a CD is even being hosted baffles me. Some countries are in total shutdown where people are mostly banned from setting out of their homes. Unless if Niantic managed to find a way to host the event remotely.

I can't speak for other countries, but in most of the United States, it's perfectly safe to go outside in most places. Sure, you might want to wear a mask and avoid direct contact with other people, but there's nothing stopping you from going out and playing.

And if you can't go out right now, Niantic has made it so that incenses last twice as long, and spawn Pokemon at a much faster rate. You could hypothetically participate in Community Day purely by sitting at home and running incenses.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Captured a Shiny Koffing while using incense during a walk today. That means three of my last four incenses used have given me a shiny. I'm wondering if they boosted shiny odds given everything going on, but I haven't seen anything suggesting as much, so I don't think so.

quake

Captured a Shiny Koffing while using incense during a walk today. That means three of my last four incenses used have given me a shiny. I'm wondering if they boosted shiny odds given everything going on, but I haven't seen anything suggesting as much, so I don't think so.
I think they have, for every 4 incences I've used since they made the hour change I get 1 - 2 shiny pokemon. I think it could also be you're checking more pokemon since more are spawned which increases your chance.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I think they have, for every 4 incences I've used since they made the hour change I get 1 - 2 shiny pokemon.

The only reason I don't think it's that case is I follow sources like the Silph Road, and they tend to be extremely good at point out even the slightest mechanical changes., especially when related to Shinies. If there was boosted Shiny odds, there would have been several posts about it by now. So unless I just missed them all, I'm guessing you and I are just lucky.

I think it could also be you're checking more pokemon since more are spawned which increases your chance.

Definitely not the case for me. When I'm at my college campus, there are massive amounts of spawns, and I use my Pokéball Plus to catch most of them. Compared to now while I'm home in a rural town, even with an incense running, the amount of Pokémon I find per hour is negligible to what I would find at school, then throw in the fact that spend many hours a day, every day, there, instead of just activating one incense for an hour every couple of days. And yet, at best I get maybe one Shiny a week there, but it's normally closer to one a month.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just caught my FOURTH Landorus, which forced me to spend another $5 just to have enough pokeballs since this caused me to go from having 102 pokeballs to 15 (plus I lost two ultra balls, a razz berry, & a golden razz berry because of this Landorus).

I've been lucky to have encountered so many legendary pokemon through the battle league (I now have 4 Landorus, a Thundrus, & 3 Cobalion), but now I'm more annoyed & frustrated that I spent so much money and splurged through so many pokeballs and berries just to catch them. I wish I could just get an Oshawott or a Tepig or something more common!

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I really should force myself to participate in the battle league soon, as I haven't caught a Landorus yet. I really hate this, as I usually rely on raid nights to get the current Legendary Pokémon while I'm home. Really don't want to waste my time on the battle league, which is just the opposite of fun for me, but at the same time, I don't want to miss my first Legendary Pokémon since Lugia.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ya'll eww, why is counter the move for this community day, that's so dumb smh.

quake

Ya'll eww, why is counter the move for this community day, that's so dumb smh.
I'm putting it down to its a CD shiny that has a special move that I'll never use. Very similar to Ampharos (until Mega Evolution becomes a thing)

On a separate note, I've gotten so many shiny Abras that for the first time ever I've started to transfer some of them

quake

I really should force myself to participate in the battle league soon, as I haven't caught a Landorus yet. I really hate this, as I usually rely on raid nights to get the current Legendary Pokémon while I'm home. Really don't want to waste my time on the battle league, which is just the opposite of fun for me, but at the same time, I don't want to miss my first Legendary Pokémon since Lugia.
This week is the best week to do it since the great league is back. I'm running we ith Bastiodon, Azumarill and Skarmory. If you have a premium raid pass use one, win 2 battles (with that team I always win 3-4 battles) and you'll get Landorus. Will take you no more then 10 minutes

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was stuck at home doing Abra Community Day! I got 5 shiny Abra from incense! One of them had really high CP with 91 IV and I got my Counter Alakazam from that one!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm putting it down to its a CD shiny that has a special move that I'll never use. Very similar to Ampharos (until Mega Evolution becomes a thing)

On a separate note, I've gotten so many shiny Abras that for the first time ever I've started to transfer some of them

At least that does something though, wtf is a psychic type doing with counter lol.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So far I managed to end up with 5 Alakazam during this Community Day (1 shiny, 1 I had as a Kadabra before the event with perfect stats & IVs). On top of that, I obtained a Rocket Radar through the mission, evolved several pokemon I had saved up, caught a Carvannah & a second shiny Abra, and I've earned tons of buddy points with my Zweillous. So yeah, so far I've been having a great first Community Day!

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Omg guys, I hatched a shiny Riolu randomly yesterday <3!!! I was shocked as it came out a 2 km egg, I thought they were only found it higher eggs.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This week is the best week to do it since the great league is back.

I don't know. I feel like the week where all three leagues are available is the hardest, because everyone is picking the league that they have the best Pokémon for, meanwhile I don't have Pokémon groomed for any of the leagues.

If you have a premium raid pass use one, win 2 battles (with that team I always win 3-4 battles) and you'll get Landorus. Will take you no more then 10 minutes

If only. Last time I tried to participate in the battle league was to try to get the ensured Scraggy last season, and I wasted three premium passes and two hours of my time only getting 1 or even no wins.

Also, isn't it up to random chance whether or not I get Landorus? So even if by some miracle I manage to win the required battles, I could still end up getting a worthless Snivy or Beldum, right?

Omg guys, I hatched a shiny Riolu randomly yesterday <3!!! I was shocked as it came out a 2 km egg, I thought they were only found it higher eggs.

That's awesome! Normally they're not in 2 km eggs, but they were during the Easter event last week.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't know. I feel like the week where all three leagues are available is the hardest, because everyone is picking the league that they have the best Pokémon for, meanwhile I don't have Pokémon groomed for any of the leagues.

If only. Last time I tried to participate in the battle league was to try to get the ensured Scraggy last season, and I wasted three premium passes and two hours of my time only getting 1 or even no wins.

Also, isn't it up to random chance whether or not I get Landorus? So even if by some miracle I manage to win the required battles, I could still end up getting a worthless Snivy or Beldum, right?

That's awesome! Normally they're not in 2 km eggs, but they were during the Easter event last week.

Ah, that explains it then, I was staring at my screen like wtf when it happened lol.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Huh, these throwback special research tasks are interesting. I don't really care too much about the individual ones, but the final that gives Genesect as a reward, that's pretty awesome. Very happy to have a way to get Genesect that doesn't involve paying an unreasonable amount of money or winning the EX Raid lottery. Though, I must admit, I'm a little stressed about getting that Genesect, as you have to complete all of the first four researches in a limited time in order to unlock the Genesect one. I tend to take my sweet time with special research (still haven't completed the Jirachi one), and with the way things are right now, I don't know if I'll be playing enough to complete all the tasks.

Aside from the Genesect, the interesting thing about the final research is that they specifically claimed we'd get Galarian Meowth, Zizagoon, and Darumaka, as well as their evolutions, which seems to imply we'll be getting Purrserker and Obastagoon, our first Gen VIII Pokémon before we even get Gen VI or VII. That's fun.

Oh, also looking forward to Pikachu in the Rayaquaza and Charizard hats. I have plushies of both these, so that will be fun to get in Go.