• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Very happy to have a way to get Genesect that doesn't involve paying an unreasonable amount of money or winning the EX Raid lottery
Won’t we still have to spend an unreasonable amount of money just to make sure we have enough pokéballs to catch it?

I caught 11 legendary pokémon through the battle league, and each one cost me $5-6 to catch them since I needed at least 100 pokéballs to use on them

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Won’t we still have to spend an unreasonable amount of money just to make sure we have enough pokéballs to catch it?

I caught 11 legendary pokémon through the battle league, and each one cost me $5-6 to catch them since I needed at least 100 pokéballs to use on them

No? Pokéballs can be gotten for free. I'm not really sure why you're spending money on them, especially with all the 1 coin deals, your buddy bringing you 50 Pokeballs every half an hour during Community Day, and gifts giving increased amounts of items. Personally speaking, I have more Pokéballs of all types right now than I typically hold during my regular play schedules. Not to mention, if you care about saving Pokéballs, you should probably be using Ultra Balls and Golden Razz Berries to catch Legendary Pokémon.

Regardless, even if it does prove too difficult to catch with a reasonable amount of Pokéballs, there will presumably be no time limit on catching it, once you've unlocked the reward, so you can take as long as you need to stock Pokéballs (or rather, Ultra Balls) back up be fore trying to catch it again.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm not really sure why you're spending money on them, especially with all the 1 coin deals,
Even with the 1 coin deals, I always run out of pokeballs partly because of the legendary & partly because of catches through incense I need to use to catch anything since I've been stuck in my house since quarantine and I live in a suburb where anything rarely pops up on its own. (also bad throws and the pokemon blocking are a partial reason)

your buddy bringing you 50 Pokeballs every half an hour during Community Day
My buddy never did that once. The only time it ever brought me something was several gifts earlier today

gifts giving increased amounts of items
I rarely receive gifts.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Even with the 1 coin deals, I always run out of pokeballs partly because of the legendary & partly because of catches through incense I need to use to catch anything since I've been stuck in my house since quarantine and I live in a suburb where anything rarely pops up on its own. (also bad throws and the pokemon blocking are a partial reason)

I suggest trying to moderate your Pokéball use, if you can. For example, you don't need to catch everything that pops up with incense. Personally, I just shiny check everything, and if it's not shiny, or something I need candy for, I just flee. And for Legendaries, I'm kind of baffled as to how you're using so many Pokéballs to catch them. I can't speak for Legendaries encountered through the battle league, but ones obtained through research breakthrough (which should have the same catch rate), don't usually take me more than 10 Ultra Balls to capture. I have trouble imagining it taking 100 Pokéballs, seeing as a Premiere Ball from a raid has the same capture rate as regular Pokéball, and you only get 10 or so of those to catch the Legendary, which is perfectly possible.

Are you using curveball throws and attempting to land nice/great/excellent throws whenever possible? I suppose that might make a difference.

My buddy never did that once. The only time it ever brought me something was several gifts earlier today

It was kind of easy to miss if you weren't checking your buddy page constantly, but during the hours of the Abra Community Day your buddy would bring 51 Pokeballs every half an hour on the dot. If you were playing during that time, you must not have checked your buddy page at the right time, or at all.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I suggest trying to moderate your Pokéball use, if you can. For example, you don't need to catch everything that pops up with incense. Personally, I just shiny check everything, and if it's not shiny, or something I need candy for, I just flee. And for Legendaries, I'm kind of baffled as to how you're using so many Pokéballs to catch them. I can't speak for Legendaries encountered through the battle league, but ones obtained through research breakthrough (which should have the same catch rate), don't usually take me more than 10 Ultra Balls to capture. I have trouble imagining it taking 100 Pokéballs, seeing as a Premiere Ball from a raid has the same capture rate as regular Pokéball, and you only get 10 or so of those to catch the Legendary, which is perfectly possible.

Are you using curveball throws and attempting to land nice/great/excellent throws whenever possible? I suppose that might make a difference.
Yeah, I'm trying to do both, but the legendaries in the battle league are incredibly hard to catch. Sometimes I use an Ultra Ball, a Gold Razz Berry, & a curveball, and it comes out after two shakes.

I have to spend so much money on pokeballs since I usually don't have an ultra balls when facing them and they're rarely ever caught

quake

Have they changed the legendary in the league battle? All I used to get was Landorus but since Darkrai moved in I'm getting nothing but normal pokemon

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Have they changed the legendary in the league battle? All I used to get was Landorus but since Darkrai moved in I'm getting nothing but normal pokemon

From what I know, there's currently no Legendary available from the battle league. When Darkrai raids began, they removed Landorus and didn't replace it. Likely as a way of encouraging people to try out remote raiding.

On a related note, Landorus is officially the first Legendary Pokémon I've missed the initial appearance of since Lugia, way back in the very beginning of raids. Annoyed about that for sure, but it's just wasn't worth putting myself through the torture that is the Go Battle League.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
From what I know, there's currently no Legendary available from the battle league. When Darkrai raids began, they removed Landorus and didn't replace it. Likely as a way of encouraging people to try out remote raiding.

On a related note, Landorus is officially the first Legendary Pokémon I've missed the initial appearance of since Lugia, way back in the very beginning of raids. Annoyed about that for sure, but it's just wasn't worth putting myself through the torture that is the Go Battle League.
That explains why I got a Rufflet the last time I had 4 wins

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm almost to the part where I can catch Mewtwo in the Throwback Challenge (Kanto).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Got started as soon as I could with the throwback challenge, as there's no way I'm missing out on a (free) chance at Genesect. Only managed to make it through the first two stages, and almost finished the third (just waiting on an egg to hatch). Not too bad. Hopefully these tasks don't get much harder.

Anyways, best part is, my Onix reward for the first section was Shiny.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I managed to catch the Mewtwo. I'm pretty satisfied.

Incenses can be very useful here.

Golden_Arcanine

Glad to have finally added Mewtwo, and a good one at that (93%!!!). Not a shiny, but that's okay.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Not even bothering on my end as my phone can't even play the game for any real point of time anymore. Way too much lag and it heats my phone up too much to the point of the game crashing. Will be having a friend of mine get the Mewtwo and then trading for it.

KahunaLagoonaEX

So thanks to the updates and everything I had spent Friday doing the Throwback Challenge. My 100% Shadow Ball Mewtwo now is complete with 4178 CP after obtaining enough candies for a new move back in I don't know when, and the 206 candies I needed to level it up to 40 this friday. My boy is going to TEAR through Alolan Raichu Raids in my hunt to get a 100% one.

Meanwhile the one I got from the actual event is an 84% I would've preferred another 100%, or even a Shiny, but I guess that's that.

Guess the Rare Candies I obtain will go to 100% Latios and 100% Lugia...

Kanto events help with the Candies for my three (two purified) 98% Venusaurs, my purified 98% Charmeleon, and my 100% Blastoise. And any excuse to get more Pikachu candy is fine by my book although I'd like it if these Pikachu could even evolve.

Now all I have to do is continue this event until the other three occur. I want a Perrserker, BADLY.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Kind of irked that they decided to bring back Raid Hours right after they switch Landorus out. Sure, make it easy for people to get the Legendary that they've already re-released three or four times, but don't have a single raid hour for the entirety of the never before released Legendary's run. I love Giratina, it's my favorite Pokémon, but this still hurts.

Anyways, completed the Kanto research today. Don't care about the Mewtwo, transferred it right away, but I'm really only in this for the Genesect anyways. Hopefully the following throwback researches will be just as easy to complete.

Last edited:

thfar_lm

Hi I'm kinda new to Pokémon Go (I had it years ago but deleted it). I tried to catch a Darkrai but no one in my area plays.

If anyone has a spare Darkrai, is there a way I could get one? My best Pokémon are Landorous and Metagross.

I would really appreciate the help. Thanks

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Glad to see they're making Scraggy avaialble outside of the battle league rewards in the upcoming event. Hopefully it will be put in the wild (like it should have been from the beginning) after the event, and the other battle league-exclusive Pokémon follow soon after.

Hi I'm kinda new to Pokémon Go (I had it years ago but deleted it). I tried to catch a Darkrai but no one in my area plays.

If anyone has a spare Darkrai, is there a way I could get one? My best Pokémon are Landorous and Metagross.

I would really appreciate the help. Thanks

Sorry, but that's not possible. You can only trade with people in-person in Go. The only way to trade one would be to arrange meeting with someone else in-person to trade with them, or to get lucky and meet someone else who plays and has one.

thfar_lm

Glad to see they're making Scraggy avaialble outside of the battle league rewards in the upcoming event. Hopefully it will be put in the wild (like it should have been from the beginning) after the event, and the other battle league-exclusive Pokémon follow soon after.

Sorry, but that's not possible. You can only trade with people in-person in Go. The only way to trade one would be to arrange meeting with someone else in-person to trade with them, or to get lucky and meet someone else who plays and has one.

Oh ok, thank you for clearing things up for me.

thekorean

Hatched 2 10km eggs. Two Feebas.

No words. This is just insanely bad.

Not one Deino. Not one.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hatched 2 10km eggs. Two Feebas.

No words. This is just insanely bad.

Not one Deino. Not one.

I hate to break it to you, but hatching 2 10km eggs isn't really all that much. According to this user-inputted egg rarity chart, Deino have somewhere around a 2.3% chance of hatching, so you're going to need to hatch a lot more than 2 eggs before you can expect to hatch one, and with Feebas being the most common in the 10km egg pool, hatching two of them isn't unlikely at all.