1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. UwULifeGaming

UwULifeGaming Fighting Type Enthusiast

I have an iPhone 8 and am going to buy an iPhone 11 Pro. I had an iPhone 6 and in the winter the battery died in five minutes sometimes. Really whack.

2. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Huh, so Niantic is delaying the depreciation of 32 bit phones. Unfortunately they did say delay to a yet to be determined date, rather than just not doing it. Hopefully we're talking a two or three year delay, rather than a six month delay, so that they would actually be somewhat justified in saying my one and a half year old phone is obsolete.

WishIhadaManafi5 and 04n70n10 like this.
  3. UwULifeGaming

I am mad at the hackers that were hacking the battle league. The league isn't up still.o_O

4. quake

quake Well-Known Member

I love that they released Galarian Farfetch'd! Odd that you can't evolve it unlike Galarian Linoon and Meowth. Also Victini for the Go Fest is unexpected. What about Manaphy/Phione or Shaymin why were they skipped.

I do wonder how mega evolution will work, will it be a permanent form change?,

5. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Hopefully Mega Evolution means that they're not far off from releasing Kalos Pokémon, which means they'll get a move on and finally wrap up Unova.

On a more personal note, had a bummer experience today. Went to raid hour for Zekrom today, but apparently no one else wanted to show up. Raid hours are basically the only time I'll ever see groups large enough to defeat Legendary Pokémon in my small town, so if no one showed up to this one, that pretty much means I won't be getting Zekrom, one of my favorite Pokémon. Calling this a bummer would be an understatement. To this day, the need to rely on other people for raids is one of my least favorite aspects of Go. It's not fair that I should be jipped out of one of my favorite Pokémon because everyone else decided not to care.

I'd like to think that that they wouldn't be permanent, but then again, neither should some of the other form changes in this game. My best guess is that they'll compromise by making only "special" Pokémon you catch in raids able to Mega Evolve, and they'll just automatically change once sent into battle, but appear as normal in storage. That way they're basically permanent, without messing with the lore too much. However, I do hope I'm wrong and they're not new Pokémon we have to catch from raids. It would be much better if we had to find/earn Mega Stones somehow, and then be able to Mega Evolve our existing Pokémon once we have the stones. I would hate for my established collections of Mega-capable Pokémon to be rendered obsolete by "permanent" Mega Pokémon.

6. quake

quake Well-Known Member

This is exactly my concern especially for shiny pokemon like my Lucario that I've lusted after since release for it to be not worth using because I can't mega evolve it.

7. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Out of curiosity, who is and isn't getting that "special incense" that allows you to get at least one encounter every day? The notification made it sound like it was only a select test group who get access, so I was surprised to find that it happened to me.

Unfortunately it is in line with how Niantic likes to monetize raids. They offer you one version, then they offer you a better version, then they offer you a shiny version, then they offer you a shiny better version, then they offer you a version with a hat.

8. Monox D. I-Fly

Monox D. I-Fly Well-Known Member

Huh? But the Pokedex in Pokemon Go shows that Galarian Farfetch'd can evolve...

9. quake

quake Well-Known Member

It's not known how it evolves though so it shows it can but how isn't known.

10. quake

quake Well-Known Member

I got it also and the daily free box. Also I'm level 38

11. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

That's great news. My mom can still play Go with me then. Good for them changing their mind.

12. quake

quake Well-Known Member

So far I caught a shiny Nincada and shiny venonat. I'm holding out for shiny Wurmple tomorrow and Monday. Getting close to the weekly challenges for Go Fest now! Surprised only Ducklett/Swanna and lilliup/lilligant are the gen 5 pokemon being released but I'm hoping for more at Go Fest itself

13. quake

quake Well-Known Member

So yesterday's shiny haul included Scyther, another shiny Nincada, Dwebble and Wurmple! It evolved into a Dustox so here's hoping I get another one for Beautifly

14. quake

quake Well-Known Member

So the spotlight hour seems better for July. Kyurem on the 7th of July and I guess Larviatar for research breakthrough is meh but would have preferred a legendary
    July 7th - Taillow - can be shiny
    July 14th - Zubat - can be shiny
    July 21st - Oddish - can be shiny
    July 28th - Buizel - cant be shiny

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  15. quake

quake Well-Known Member

Team Go Rocket balloon invasion is awesome! Definitely exciting to see if they are used for the Go Fest or for the battle week in two days

16. UwULifeGaming

Can't wait for GO fest!

17. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Yeah, just used the balloon to try to fight Cliff. This was the first time I'd attempted to battle a Rocket Leader since the first month they were out. Was quickly reminded why I gave up on fighting them when he swept my entire team designed to counter his team with only his Pinsir. I don't pretend like I'm the strongest in Go, but I have a wide variety of pretty powerful Pokémon. It's pretty ludicrous how hard these guys are. Oh well, I guess I'll just never get a Shadow Legendary Pokémon...

Anyways, the balloons are a fun concept, but it seems like I'll be locked out of using them, since they only ever spawn leaders if you have a Rocket Radar.

18. UwULifeGaming

Just got Melmetal

19. quake

quake Well-Known Member

Can I ask, who do you use for Cliff? I always find him the hardest but to start off I use blast burn/dragon claw charixard. I use dragon claw twice to take down his shields because his fire none charge move will take out pinsir. After that I might lose twice but then I'll adjust my team to his other mons (usually Kyogre and ecxadril)

20. UwULifeGaming

Currently, Cliff's first Pokemon he sends out is Pinsir. His second slot could either be Marowak, Omastar, or Electvire. Third slot could've Swanmpert, Torterra, or Tyranitar.