• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
OH MY GOODNESS! Jessie and James are in Go! I can't believe it, I'm very excited about this. I love Jessie, James, and Meowth, they're my favorite characters in the entire franchise, and it gives me great pleasure to see them put into video games. This might be one of my favorite things they've done in Go.

Can I ask, who do you use for Cliff? I always find him the hardest but to start off I use blast burn/dragon claw charixard. I use dragon claw twice to take down his shields because his fire none charge move will take out pinsir. After that I might lose twice but then I'll adjust my team to his other mons (usually Kyogre and ecxadril)

I don't remember exactly. Part of my problem, admittedly, was leading with Tyranitar, not realizing that Pinsir would have Fighting-Type moves. My other picks were to try to counter his later Pokémon, so they weren't ready to fight Pinsir.

And as I wrote that, I realized that even if the Pinsir didn't have Fighting moves, it still probably would have had Bug moves, which still would have probably beaten Tyranitar relatively easy. Don't know how I didn't realize that at the time. Regardless, being swept by the first Pokémon still is not a good indication, regardless of my mistake. I'll try again eventually, but I'm not really keen on wasting the medicine to make it happen.

Litleonid

When it comes to Kalos Pokemon in Pokemon Go, I think sometime around August we're gonna start to see the first few Kalos Pokemon spawning in the wild. I wanna go ahead and say the first few we'll start to see spawning in the wild will be Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Bunnelby, Fletchling, Scatterbug, and Skiddo. Maybe Espurr and Pancham. Noibat is probably gonna be locked behind raids, eggs, and rewards unfortunately. Knowing them and my luck when it comes to Pokemon I like, they'll probably also have a dumb choice like Litleo also to lock behind raids, rewards, and eggs. I wanna guess the regional exclusives might be Flabebe, Dedenne, Spritzee, and Swirlix.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh, wow. This Team Rocket Special Research rewards a Super Rocket Radar at the end. That's amazing. I've never been able to beat the Go Rocket leaders, so I've never gotten a super radar, and therefore a Shadow Legendary, before. Now I actually have a chance. Not a giant fan of Suicune, so I'll definitely be saving it for something cool.

When it comes to Kalos Pokemon in Pokemon Go, I think sometime around August we're gonna start to see the first few Kalos Pokemon spawning in the wild.

Kalos' release will probably be exactly like the previous ones, which means we can expect to see the first new Pokémon as part of the Halloween event in October, or maybe late September for some early ones like with Unova. August probably won't happen.

Speaking of, with how ridiculously spread thin the release of Unova Pokémon has been, I truly fear to see what they're planning on doing with Kalos, the region with the least amount of new Pokémon. I see a whole lot more single Pokémon releases for every month or two ahead of us.

quake

When it comes to Kalos Pokemon in Pokemon Go, I think sometime around August we're gonna start to see the first few Kalos Pokemon spawning in the wild. I wanna go ahead and say the first few we'll start to see spawning in the wild will be Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Bunnelby, Fletchling, Scatterbug, and Skiddo. Maybe Espurr and Pancham. Noibat is probably gonna be locked behind raids, eggs, and rewards unfortunately. Knowing them and my luck when it comes to Pokemon I like, they'll probably also have a dumb choice like Litleo also to lock behind raids, rewards, and eggs. I wanna guess the regional exclusives might be Flabebe, Dedenne, Spritzee, and Swirlix.
I think we'll get the starters, Bunnelby or Fletching and Honedge will be released in raids.

quake

OH MY GOODNESS! Jessie and James are in Go! I can't believe it, I'm very excited about this. I love Jessie, James, and Meowth, they're my favorite characters in the entire franchise, and it gives me great pleasure to see them put into video games. This might be one of my favorite things they've done in Go.

I don't remember exactly. Part of my problem, admittedly, was leading with Tyranitar, not realizing that Pinsir would have Fighting-Type moves. My other picks were to try to counter his later Pokémon, so they weren't ready to fight Pinsir.

And as I wrote that, I realized that even if the Pinsir didn't have Fighting moves, it still probably would have had Bug moves, which still would have probably beaten Tyranitar relatively easy. Don't know how I didn't realize that at the time. Regardless, being swept by the first Pokémon still is not a good indication, regardless of my mistake. I'll try again eventually, but I'm not really keen on wasting the medicine to make it happen.
I love Jessie and James in Go but I would have loved if they got to use their actual pokemon in their teams. Ekans, Seviper and Yanmega) for Jessie and Koffing, Victribel and Cacnea for James

Monox D. I-Fly

Oh, wow. This Team Rocket Special Research rewards a Super Rocket Radar at the end. That's amazing. I've never been able to beat the Go Rocket leaders, so I've never gotten a super radar, and therefore a Shadow Legendary, before. Now I actually have a chance. Not a giant fan of Suicune, so I'll definitely be saving it for something cool.
Wait, this time the reward is Suicune? I hope I don't miss it...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I love Jessie and James in Go but I would have loved if they got to use their actual pokemon in their teams. Ekans, Seviper and Yanmega) for Jessie and Koffing, Victribel and Cacnea for James

Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer. I guess they just didn't want to make new Shadow Pokemon just for them. But since they put new Shadow Pokemon in yesterday anyways, they might as well have done some Jessie and James Pokemon instead.

Wait, this time the reward is Suicune? I hope I don't miss it...

Yeah, they're shifting it to Suicune for the Rocket themed week. I'm sure after several months of Entei, it will likely stay that way until they go back to regular rotations.

quake

Got my first shiny shadow pokemon today, Koffing! Got shadow Suicine as well which completes my three dogs

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Got a Shiny Shadow Koffing today. Didn't ever expect to get a Shiny Shadow Pokemon, so that's pretty awesome. Slightly unfortunate that I already had a regular Shiny Koffing, so it's not a new Shiny for me, but still cool.

three dogs

Sorry, it hardly matters, but this is a pet peeve of mine. They're cats, not dogs. Entei is a lion, Suicune is leopard, and Raiku is a tiger. It's pretty clear if you stop and think about it for a moment.

Monox D. I-Fly

Yeah, they're shifting it to Suicune for the Rocket themed week. I'm sure after several months of Entei, it will likely stay that way until they go back to regular rotations.
Does it mean that if I don't complete this mission, I can get a Suicune by beating Giovanni the regular way?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Does it mean that if I don't complete this mission, I can get a Suicune by beating Giovanni the regular way?

Yes. Giovanni himself is unrelated to any of the research tasks. All that matters is what his Legendary is set to when you use the Super Radar.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hi guys, how does the daily special spawn work?? I got it the first day it got released and haven't seen it since even though I've logged in daily.

Do you have to leave your game open for a specific amount of time or something??

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hi guys, how does the daily special spawn work?? I got it the first day it got released and haven't seen it since even though I've logged in daily.

Do you have to leave your game open for a specific amount of time or something??

It should just appear next to you when you first log in for the day. It might take a couple of seconds for it to appear, but it will be there. It's separated from other Pokémon by the fact that it has white circles around it. Once it spawns, it will stay there all day until you either catch it, or midnight. If you're not seeing it, I can only assume it's because of either bad connection causing it (and other spawns) to fail to load, or you had it spawn at once place without noticing, then opened your game later somewhere else, leaving the spawn behind.

quake

I think they took that feature off line for a bit. There were players who were getting shiny pokemon and when caught it wasn't shiny so they are trying to fix thst

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh, wow. Raid passes are now only consumed upon a raid starting, instead of upon entering the raid lobby. This is amazing. Combined with the ability to see how many people are in a raid lobby from afar they gave us with the release of remote raids, this means that people can now sit in a lobby, risk free, in order to attract other people to come and join them. It makes gathering people for a raid so much easier. This is something I've wanted them to implement since day one of raids. The one thing that's left that could really help raids is to have a "I'm interested" button you can press when you're on your way to raid, so that other people on the way, as well people at the raid can know how many people to expect, and if they should wait for others or not. If we get that, the current raid system would be about as good as it can get without a complete overhaul.

DR.gonzo

double dropped Shiny Ekans and Koffin from Jesse and James from the same encounter .
Either hit the luck on this one or that’s how they come when Shiny as a Double ?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
double dropped Shiny Ekans and Koffin from Jesse and James from the same encounter .
Either hit the luck on this one or that’s how they come when Shiny as a Double ?

You were just extremely lucky. The Shiny chance for each of them is calculated independently. From what I've read, Shiny Shadow Pokemon have a slight odds boost compared to regular Pokemon, with odds of about 1 in 100, so while it's not as crazy as getting two back to back regular Shinies, it's still pretty crazy unlikely. Good for you.