1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. thekorean

thekorean Well-Known Member

Victreebel absolutely kills Azumarill. Which is very common.

2. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I've seen countless Skarmory and they all have Sky Attack which wrecks Victreebell. It is worth looking into though, thanks! I just caught a 3 star Oddish, so that might work well too.

3. quake

quake Well-Known Member

so Dragon Ultra Week has started and um....I dont know what to say. Like I wasnt expecting a ton of dragon pokemon to be everywhere but it seems that incense are kinds wasted here cause Im not getting many dragons or the increased spawns. I can see in the wild they are there but nothing with incense. Theres reports on Silph Road that Deino isnt spawning in the wild and is eggs only. Taking it with a grain of salt but if that is true then I guess all I need to do is hatch some eggs and hold out hope

4. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I'm not forgiving Niantic for wasting Shiny Deino on an event like this, instead of saving it for Community Day, but otherwise, this Dragon Week is a pretty solid event. The ability to get not one but two Deino from the special research is pretty cool (though I wish it wasn't timed), and having so many usually rare Dragons appear commonly is fun. I've even found two Gible so far. I just wish that Deino and Axew were spawn boosted as well.

I think you're just having bad luck. Incense spawn ratios should reflect wild spawn ratios, and the wild spawn ratios are pretty good from what I've experienced so far.

Odds are this will be just like all the 7 km egg-based events before it, and Deino will be hyper rare, like Gible, Riolu, Darumaku, or Unown before it. I wouldn't count on it. The research does give you two Deino though, so you'll at least get those if you put in the effort.

5. quake

quake Well-Known Member

I'm already on task 4 and just need 2 more grunts and then I'm done since task 5 is an insta complete task. I'm not that salty over this event, I have a Hydreigon and have 83 Deino candies in the bank so all I need from this event is a shiny Deino (swablu would also be nice). Outside of that, I have everything else which is why I'm gutted I can't incense my luck like I have in the past. I've always had bad shiny egg luck except that time I got my Riolu.

6. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Well, I've captured most of the Generation 1 Pokemon in Go. The only one I'm still missing is Mr. Mime. I really hope there's a special Egg event soon that will let me hatch a few Mime Jr., because I obviously can't go to Europe right now due to the pandemic. On a side note, I've caught all the Alolan forms, and I also have Galarian Meowth and Farfetch'd.

7. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

This dragon type event is bullshit, it's not even dragon type pokemon, it's pokemon that can evolve into Dragon types like Trapinch and Horsea for the millionth time. Was hoping to use incense to finish the dragon medal today but I've been using the incense for 10+ minutes and have found 1 actual dragon type being Bagon smh.

8. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

Were you walking around and actually going from PokeStop to PokeStop or were you standing still? I was out for about an hour or two this afternoon, and there were Dratini EVERYWHERE. I went from I think having around 30 Dratini candies to having 530+. And I don't think I did a whole lot of Pinaps. Even have 250+ Bagon candies now.

9. 1rkhachatryan

I mean I was using incense so no not walking lol. And after I posted this the dragons started appearing but still not anybody I actually wanted. Was able to finish the dragon badge from all the Dratini and Bagon but only saw one Gible using 3 incense. I got a shiny Alolan Exeggutor which would have been awesome if I hadn't gotten one during the Go fest event.

Overall the event was still stupid. Like I have so much Dratini candy at this point it's ridiculous.

10. Golden_Arcanine

I believe incense works better when you're moving. I guess it depends on what you expected from this event. If you were expecting a ton of Gible and/or Deino, then yeah I'd imagine you're disappointed.

11. 1rkhachatryan

I mean not a ton but some variety would have been nice, I mean there's other dragons types besides Dratini and Bagon lol.

12. Golden_Arcanine

That's fair. Trapinch already had a CD, so I didn't have much interest in him. Maybe others who missed it might have. The rest didn't really have any sort of attachment value to me. At least both Bagon and Dratini both offer value in terms of dealing with raids and PvP. Only Dragon I think they left out was Axew. Hoping there's more to Engima Week though. Shiny Staryu only gets so far for me.

13. 1rkhachatryan

Honestly I was able to finish the dragon badge so I'm happy about that at least. Now I don't need to catch the vast majority of dragon types anymore which is amazing lol.

14. Golden_Arcanine

I guess it just depends on what you expected to get out of it. Got some Bagon and Dratini candies and two shiny Rayquazza.

15. 1rkhachatryan

Honestly the main thing I wanted was to finish the dragon badge. It was the last pokemon type badge I needed to finish so I'm happy that's done at the very least.

16. quake

quake Well-Known Member

17. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I just started playing GO today. By a stroke of luck, I found and caught a shiny Tailow

quake likes this.
  18. quake

quake Well-Known Member

I know the event ends tomorrow but I'm happy with how I faired out. Shiny Swablu, 2 shiny Dratini, 2 shiny Treeko and my shiny Deino. The last time I hatched that amount of eggs was the Riolu shiny release and I'm not keen to do it again! Least it's the new Gible until shiny Axew is released so for now I'll keep it as my buddy and occasionally leave it at gyms with my normal Hydreigon

19. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Hatched my first ever Shiny from an egg today. Unfortunately it was a Dratini, which I already had plenty of from Community Day. Still a cool hatch though (even if I probably would have preferred to hatch a non-Shiny Deino...).

20. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

So I've focused on the completion principle pushing my brain, that is getting enough of certain Pokemon so I have the candy to complete evolution. Interestingly the Pokemon I'm getting the most out of are Dragon types. Trapinch, Dratini, Swablu and Bagon lines.