• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

quake

So shiny Deoxys and Staryu in the BAG! I still go out and have PoGo on but I'm saving my incense now for Unova week and the Go Fest make up 3 hours

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So shiny Deoxys and Staryu in the BAG! I still go out and have PoGo on but I'm saving my incense now for Unova week and the Go Fest make up 3 hours

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you play in order to be getting these shinies so consistently? I feel like you ypu talk as if you expect to get the new Shiny of each event, and it seems like you normally do. I always feel like I'm extremely lucky to get one maybe two Shiny Pokémon a month, but almost never the new Shiny of the event, and I feel like I play quite a bit.

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
If you don't mind me asking, how much do you play in order to be getting these shinies so consistently? I feel like you ypu talk as if you expect to get the new Shiny of each event, and it seems like you normally do. I always feel like I'm extremely lucky to get one maybe two Shiny Pokémon a month, but almost never the new Shiny of the event, and I feel like I play quite a bit.

In my case, it was complete RNG and by total accident. I was walking along one of the parks when Shiny Deoxys spawned.

I'm not sure if it was only for Saturday, either.

quake

I play nearly every Monday - Friday for about maybe 5 or 6 hours. I work from home doing office work so I have it on my phone with in incense running on it and just do shiny checks. On my lunch break I usually visit some gyms (although I have one right at my house now with the double distance) and get my coins that way. I used to buy coins (not anymore) so I have a ton of them still so Im never really low on incenses although right now I am but Im holding off until Unova week before I get anymore.

This is always why I thought that shiny pokemon were more based on your checks overall then full RNG because I always end up with a shiny after 2 or 3 incense's and checks on every mon that spawns.

and you are right, I usually get the new shiny of the event but sometimes it isnt the one I want. For example, Ive been hunting shiny Croagunk since its release and dont have one. For every event its been active in, I see loads of none shinys and get stupid repeats of stuff I already have so I just candy them (like the buneary that spawned during my sableye spotlight hour) instead of actually getting a sableye

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I play nearly every Monday - Friday for about maybe 5 or 6 hours. I work from home doing office work so I have it on my phone with in incense running on it and just do shiny checks. On my lunch break I usually visit some gyms (although I have one right at my house now with the double distance) and get my coins that way. I used to buy coins (not anymore) so I have a ton of them still so Im never really low on incenses although right now I am but Im holding off until Unova week before I get anymore.

This is always why I thought that shiny pokemon were more based on your checks overall then full RNG because I always end up with a shiny after 2 or 3 incense's and checks on every mon that spawns.

and you are right, I usually get the new shiny of the event but sometimes it isnt the one I want. For example, Ive been hunting shiny Croagunk since its release and dont have one. For every event its been active in, I see loads of none shinys and get stupid repeats of stuff I already have so I just candy them (like the buneary that spawned during my sableye spotlight hour) instead of actually getting a sableye

Yeah, that's way more dedication than me. Makes sense. Well, good for you.

EDIT: Okay, funny and ironic. After just making that comment about not normally getting Shinies during their debut event, I just found a Shiny Staryu. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

I also got a Shiny Croagunk months ago. Kinda ironic how the ones the Shiny Hunters want tend to fall in the hands of casual players instead.

quake

I also got a Shiny Croagunk months ago. Kinda ironic how the ones the Shiny Hunters want tend to fall in the hands of casual players instead.
But that's what makes it fun. I know my shiny Hydreigon will make everyone in my community jealous and its quite rare. I will end up with a shiny Croagunk eventually but the same can't be said about casual players and the rare shinys I have.

quake

Yeah, that's way more dedication than me. Makes sense. Well, good for you.

EDIT: Okay, funny and ironic. After just making that comment about not normally getting Shinies during their debut event, I just found a Shiny Staryu. Pretty cool.
Congratulations on the Staryu! I haven't seen many of my own friends get one so you should be proud!

Monox D. I-Fly

But that's what makes it fun. I know my shiny Hydreigon will make everyone in my community jealous and its quite rare. I will end up with a shiny Croagunk eventually but the same can't be said about casual players and the rare shinys I have.
Indeed. Weeks ago, during the Groudon/Kyogre events, I joined a Raid in my region wanting to catch a Kyogre because I don't have its Pokedex entry yet, but one Shiny Hunter among us insisted to Raid Groudon instead since he already had Shiny Kyogre but not Shiny Groudon. So we Raided Groudon two times and both times I was the one who got the Shiny! Traded 1 of them to him with a Shiny Giratina.

quake

Indeed. Weeks ago, during the Groudon/Kyogre events, I joined a Raid in my region wanting to catch a Kyogre because I don't have its Pokedex entry yet, but one Shiny Hunter among us insisted to Raid Groudon instead since he already had Shiny Kyogre but not Shiny Groudon. So we Raided Groudon two times and both times I was the one who got the Shiny! Traded 1 of them to him with a Shiny Giratina.
That was awfully nice! Like I'm not a die hard hunter for legendry pokemon. I got my deoxys but I still joined other raids when I was invited so others had a chance. Don't see why ye couldn't do one Kyogre for you to have a chance to register it

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It feels weird that Beldum is relatively easy to catch in GO compared to what I'm used to everywhere else. Is the line finally showing mercy to me?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It feels weird that Beldum is relatively easy to catch in GO compared to what I'm used to everywhere else. Is the line finally showing mercy to me?

Sorry to say, probably not. Beldum was an event-boosted spawn last week. The reason you found so many of them is the same reason you found so many Pokémon like Staryu and Elgyem. It was "Enigma Week," which basically just meant mysterious, space-themed, and Psychic-Type Pokémon had increased spawn rates.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Huh, so if I'm understanding everything correct, due to an issue that only affected a small portion of players, everyone now gets to the do the Dragon Week special research again, with the same rewards, meaning that we now get two additional Deino. That's pretty awesome. I'm shocked by Niantic's generosity.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
One of the benefits of having multiple search methods is that I sometimes kill two birds with one stone.

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
I think one of the upsides to COVID-19 is that I'm seeing WAY more people at public parks, doing raids. I got a shiny Deoxys and shiny Genesect by happenstance - just out of nowhere, packs of three would form up to like 20+ people and raid the **** out of the Legendaries. Hell, we had a wildfire the other day and we still had like 20 people physically show up.

Litleonid

Does anyone else think the Community Day options this year have been very lackluster? A lot of the time in these vote, they seem to include Pokemon that have already gotten a Community Day, or a rather common Pokemon. Also, I feel like they've been too focused on Kanto Pokemon this year.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Yesterday is pretty wild as in a blue moon, it actually snowed in August(Australia), so I was able to get some rare Ice types. The cost was how cold and windy it was