• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

quake

Does anyone else think the Community Day options this year have been very lackluster? A lot of the time in these vote, they seem to include Pokemon that have already gotten a Community Day, or a rather common Pokemon. Also, I feel like they've been too focused on Kanto Pokemon this year.
Some of the CDs have been odd choices but Beedril, Gyarados and Gengar all have megas so I guess I can understand them. Reusing old CD pokemon is annoying though, like there are loads of new Pokémon shiny forms they could use for CDs but they have to drag this out because we are running out of gens. Also, my feeling is the sooner we get through Kanto the better.

Litleonid

Some of the CDs have been odd choices but Beedril, Gyarados and Gengar all have megas so I guess I can understand them. Reusing old CD pokemon is annoying though, like there are loads of new Pokémon shiny forms they could use for CDs but they have to drag this out because we are running out of gens. Also, my feeling is the sooner we get through Kanto the better.
They have yet to give a Community Day to a Unova Pokemon, so they aren't really running out of gens.

quake

They have yet to give a Community Day to a Unova Pokemon, so they aren't really running out of gens.
If we got the Unova starters like people are waiting on then it would be the last gen starters. We don't have gen 6 yet and if we got the gen 5 starters now then we'd be easily waiting another year or more for any starters. Besides, I'm OK with them using up Kanto because then it's done and we don't need to come back to it

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Okay, now I'm upset. Charmander actually won the poll? This is disgusting. I absolutely love Charizard, but a repeat Community Day is a completely unnecessary and is a horrible precedent to set. Now that Charmander has won the poll, people have basically given Ninatic permission to do repeat Community Days without running a poll first. If you thought Weedle Community Day was worthless, just wait for every other month to be a repeat, that's going to suck. This is just painful.

If we got the Unova starters like people are waiting on then it would be the last gen starters. We don't have gen 6 yet and if we got the gen 5 starters now then we'd be easily waiting another year or more for any starters. Besides, I'm OK with them using up Kanto because then it's done and we don't need to come back to it

The Unova Starters being the last set of starters for now is a non-issue. Turtwig's Community Day was in September of 2019, before the release of Unova Pokemon in Go, and at the time, the Sinnoh Starters were the last set of Starters in the game. We're in the exact same position now with the Unova Starters.

Also, it's not just the Unova Starters people want, it's all the Unova Pokémon. Here's a quick list of possible good Unova Community Day candidates: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Sandile, Gothita, Solosis, Tynamo, Litwick, Axew, and if they didn't prematurely release it's Shiny, Deino. Other possible candidates I excluded from the first list for either not being as popular, or already having a released Shiny include: Roggenrola, Timburr, Tympole, Vanillite, and Klink. Heck, they could even do some two-stage Pokémon, which due to their combined rarity and popularity, probably wouldn't be complained about, such as Darumaka, Tirtouga, Archen, Zorua, Golett, Pawniard, Rufflet, Vullaby, and Larvesta.

The point is, Unova has more than enough options to be giving us Community Days for quite some time to come. And since we're on the cusp of Kalos being released, that will only add more options. The combination of Unova and Kalos will easily last until the release of Alola, which will in-turn allow them to last until Galar. And attempting to predict anything past that point is just worthless. So there is absolutely no need to go back and give all these extremely lackluster Community Day choices when they have so many good options left to them, which will last them for quite some time.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Are you kidding me? That poll was/is rigged. Might participate to get a better shiny Charmander than I already have, but other than that, it's a waste of time.

I really wanted Porygon to win, since I got 3 of them via eggs that weren't shiny before.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I really wanted Porygon to win, since I got 3 of them via eggs that weren't shiny before.

Porygon isn't even available Shiny yet. In all honesty, it's actually a great choice for Community Day. Had it popped last year (you know, back when we got actually good Community Days) I wouldn't have questioned it. It's extremely rare, somewhat popular, has three evolution stages, and it's Shiny has yet to be released. It covers the entire Community Day checklist, unlike most of this year's Community Day Pokémon. It's definitely the best Community Day since Rhyhorn, if not since Ralts.

I suppose I should be happy that at least one of the winners was a good choice. If the winners were Caterpie and Charmander, I'm not sure how I would have reacted.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Porygon isn't even available Shiny yet. In all honesty, it's actually a great choice for Community Day. Had it popped last year (you know, back when we got actually good Community Days) I wouldn't have questioned it. It's extremely rare, somewhat popular, has three evolution stages, and it's Shiny has yet to be released. It covers the entire Community Day checklist, unlike most of this year's Community Day Pokémon. It's definitely the best Community Day since Rhyhorn, if not since Ralts.

I suppose I should be happy that at least one of the winners was a good choice. If the winners were Caterpie and Charmander, I'm not sure how I would have reacted.
Yea. Just checked. Glad Porygon won there alongside Charmander. I'll be looking forward to September's community day.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This spawn point change is pretty cool. I used to have one spawn accessible from my house, maybe two if I drifted, but now I have somewhere around five. Hopefully the area where I work, which was pretty much dead, also has activity now. I've added several Pokestops there, but they never got spawn points added.

Bus

Really hope these Mega Raids for Pokemon Go arent all 4 and 5 star Raids. I can never connect with anyone to do one. Hopefully Beedrill will be like a 3 Star raid. 4x to Rock means I can solo that raid at least lol.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Really hope these Mega Raids for Pokemon Go arent all 4 and 5 star Raids. I can never connect with anyone to do one. Hopefully Beedrill will be like a 3 Star raid. 4x to Rock means I can solo that raid at least lol.
I hope they're not either, but knowing Niantic... I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh... the implementation of Mega Evolutions feels... disappointing to say the least... It's not as bad as it could have been, but having them only be temporary, and requiring us to spend a limited resource to Mega Evolve again is extremely questionable, especially when said resource can only be obtained from raids, which, let's face it, will likely only be possible with dedicated groups. Let's be honest here, most people who want to use Mega Evolution are going to want to use it so they can get a cool-looking form of their favorite Pokémon, not for the extra damage. In gym battles, the extra damage is practically worthless, as gym battles are easy. In raids you either have enough people or you don't, so Mega Evolution will rarely make a difference. And you can't even use Mega Evolution in online trainer battles, so there's no point there. Basically the only thing Mega Pokémon might be useful for is battling the Rocket Leaders, and that's barely anything. So basically, they want us to work to earn a resource that we will spend for a temporary and rather worthless boost. It's pointless, and I will likely never be using Mega Evolution because of it, which makes me sad, as I would really love to Mega Evolve my Charizard or my Shiny Rayquaza.

Oh, and Alolan Raichu as a Research Breakthrough sucks, but that's just the same old song and dance we've been going through.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm pretty far into "A Mythical Discovery", but can't seem to find that Ditto. Reminder; what Pokemon could be Ditto in disguise? Besides Hoppip, Paras, Whismur and Foongus

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
I'm pretty far into "A Mythical Discovery", but can't seem to find that Ditto. Reminder; what Pokemon could be Ditto in disguise? Besides Hoppip, Paras, Whismur and Foongus
Paras, Hoothoot, Ledyba, Spinarak, Hoppip, Remoraid, Whismur, Gulpin, Numel, Bidoof, Foongus according to the page I searched. Plus isn't he always able to be some pokemon, or does that shift too? Like I know I caught mine as a pidgey last year.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Wait, I thought Porygon won the votes & Charmander just came in second place?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Yesterday was pretty lucky as I got two shinies; Chansey(first of that species I found) and Turtwig

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ok, I’m bummed that mega evolution only lasts for 4 hrs. I thought it worked like MP & it lasted until the pokémon’s gauge ran low

quake

Best thing you can do is catch all the common Pokemon. That's how I got mine

quake

So after 852 Aipoms I have finally caught my shiny! I'm still shocked it took this long!

On a mega evolution note, I now have all the mega forms without paying a cent! I will not be mega evolving anything after today and I won't be participating in any more of those raids until they do something to fix this horrible design. I have already gave my opinion by emailing them like many others so hopefully they fix it soon.