• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Caught Tyranitar #7 out of 8 attempts today with yesterday's Raid Pass, and immediately followed up with a succesfully caught Snorlax (1st capture out of 3 attempts)! My first Snorlax above 82% that's worth using (the other hatched when I was level 8 or so and isn't worth powering up because of it).

And I've caught two Ash-Pikachu's. They both have horrid IV's, but hey, what can you expect when Ash is the trainer.. xD

Today I finally reach level 30 but now I'm trying to figure out the best way to use all 3 of my new 3 time use of egg incubators since I currently have 8 10km eggs ( technically 9 but its in infinite incubator at 9.11 as of this post) so I'm not sure use them to hatch all of my current 10km or save some them to use later.

You should've bought five more Incubators and done a 9x10k hatching spree! xD With the rework, it shouldn't take too long and you could just run one egg at a time until you fill up with 10k's again.

I caught a Tyranitar at a raid! There was at least 13 people there and we were all battling it.
http://i.imgur.com/u0DZufD.png

I also caught a Machamp at a raid!
http://i.imgur.com/eYA2LPF.png

I also caught a Porygon! I've never had one before. This was one of those Pokémon that kept evading me. Up until now.
http://i.imgur.com/NM5Nyt1.png

I've had great luck in Pokémon Go lately! Good luck to everyone on their hunts.

Great runs man!

However, you hadn't caught a Porygon yet, but you used a Pinap on it regardless? That's brave dude, congrats!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Great runs man!

However, you hadn't caught a Porygon yet, but you used a Pinap on it regardless? That's brave dude, congrats!

Yeah, throwing the Pinap was a brave move!

I just caught a Ash's Pikachu yesterday. Congrats on catching a Tyranitar and Snorlax!

Vipsoccermaster

So last night, I caught a new Pokémon, Typloshion out in the wild. It took few Ultra Balls, but I got very lucky with it after risking using a Pinap Berry a few times. Managed to catch it and gain 20 Cyndaquil candy, to boot! On my way back home, I found two wild Cyndaquil. One fled, and one I was able to catch. So I made quite some Cyndaquil candy last night. And today I was able to complete my 7-day streak for both Pokémon and Poké Stops, so that's great, too. Got quite a bunch of new gym badges as well, even though it would feel like I would not be able to make them gold because they're not of reasonable distance from my home.

I also hatched a Snorlax on Sunday, July 2, 2017, which was the 10km egg I've had since Wednesday, January 11, 2017. Got me 20 Snorlax candy.

jacensolo66

Was with 12 people to take down a Blastoise raid and as soon as it said go, I got an error and was kicked out. Waste of a free raid pass. Did take down a Tyranitar raid right after which I caught.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Found a Scyther nest. After an hour of walking, got 4 Scyther. I need 13 of them (provided no Pinab berry is used) for one to evolve! Plus, the nest is located kinda far away from home. So my hopes are dashed since I don't know if I'll get the free time to go back before the next migration occurs. Three eggs hatched into nothing. And no one was around to fight a Snorlax raid, so I lost there as well. Besides all the Scyther candy that I did get, today was a bust. My friend who said he'd come with me also bailed on me on, get this, "being too hungover". Great. So I walk in a circle in a subdivision's park like a creeper, no headphones on, just staring at people staring at me, in 90-something heat. Wartortle still nowhere near close to evolving by walking. Great day, guy. Just great.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I am on day one right now of my six day Mexico trip, and I just caught a Corsola! That's my first ever non-Tauros regional Pokémon. Now I have five more days to catch Heracross. I really hope I find one. Unfortunately my hotel has no spawn points or Pokéstops, so I can only catch stuff when we go in to town, which won't be that common. Hopefully I'll get lucky again like I did with the Corsola.

Vipsoccermaster

On the evening of Saturday, July 8, 2017, after sunset but before it got too dark, I went for a little walk to get Macargo in the wild, another Pokémon of which I could not get during Adventure Week. Successfully caught it. Throughout the afternoon today, found yet another Macargo and caught it. I wasn't expecting to get two of one kind on consecutive days. Hit through lots of Poké Stops and Gyms, most of which to only get its badge. Continued to walk around the neighborhood in the late afternoon, taking on two raids and successfully caught both of them, though both were low-level raids (Croconaw and Electabuzz). And right now I'm currently incubating a 10km egg that I got from Tuesday, January 24, 2017 in the infinity incubator as I'm only carrying 10km eggs at this time. This 10km egg is guaranteed to be a Generation I Pokémon, as it was before Generation II. It's also the last egg before Generation II, too.

I'm in a bit of a bind as both my Item Bag and Pokémon Storage are nearing capacity (350 and 350, respectively). I want to get more storage space (have 573 coins as of this post), but I'm holding off until there's a sale on them. Or perhaps when I have far more coins than I have now.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
My trip to Mexico came to an end last night. I was in the airport and still hadn't caught a Heracross. I was keeping an eye out while waiting for my airplane, hoping one would appear. It figures, as I'm boarding the plane, one appears on my nearby, but as boarding has begun, I can't go after it. It was pure torture watching that thing on my nearby list, praying that it would just pop up where I was. I suppose I should be happy that I at least got a Corsola (two, actually), but I wanted a Heracross much more than I wanted a Corsola. I feel like region-exclusive Pokémon should probably be more common. It's extremely rare that most people travel to another continent, so when they do, they should be ensured one of these regional Pokémon. Of course, I still don't agree with the concept of region-exclusive Pokémon to begin with, but if they must exist, that's how they should be handled.

On the bright side, I hatched a Ash Hat Pichu, which I had pretty much assumed I wouldn't get, because I hatch eggs somewhat slowly.

Vipsoccermaster

On the bright side, I hatched a Ash Hat Pichu, which I had pretty much assumed I wouldn't get, because I hatch eggs somewhat slowly.
I hope to get one, too, but I'm not expecting to have one at this rate. I hatch eggs slowly, too, and worse, the infinity incubator is the only incubator I have. I did get a 2km egg on the night walk I just did, but I keep getting 10km eggs almost all the time now.

I feel like I got a total of three Larvitar for a combined total of five of them so far this week. I thought they were on the rare side, but maybe I'm just lucky. One of them was from a 10km egg I hatched this week. Transferred three of them, for which they have poor IVs and not battle-worthy.

Also found a Rhydon near my home, but its IVs are poor and not likely to do much in battle, so I transferred that one.

Also finally got the Gold Delinquent Medal.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I hope to get one, too, but I'm not expecting to have one at this rate. I hatch eggs slowly, too, and worse, the infinity incubator is the only incubator I have. I did get a 2km egg on the night walk I just did, but I keep getting 10km eggs almost all the time now.

10 km eggs a whole lot more common now than they used to be. You're just going to have to cycle through eggs as fast as possible, that means hatching only 2 and maybe 5 kms, but only if you have no 2 km ones. That's how I got my Pichu.

I feel like I got a total of three Larvitar for a combined total of five of them so far this week. I thought they were on the rare side, but maybe I'm just lucky. One of them was from a 10km egg I hatched this week. Transferred three of them, for which they have poor IVs and not battle-worthy.

That is certainly not a bad problem to have. As for its rarity, the way egg rarity works, is that Pokémon are sorted into tiers, with each tier having a percent chance of receiving one. Believe it or not, Larvitar is in the second most common tier. Of course, there are many other Pokémon in the same tier, so it's not the easiest to get, but it's not that crazy either.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Went to a Mankey nest today. Started out with 3 candies, wound up with 50. Hatched 3 5km eggs (nothing good) and 2 2km eggs (still nothing good), but I also hatched my 10km egg and it was a Larvitar! Now I can be in the I Have A Larvitar Club as well!

EDIT: Did the Lucky Egg trick and mass evolved stuff and leveled up to 28. I also finally got Dugtrio, Jumpluff, Politoed, Primeape, Pupitar, and Pikachu With A Hat. I'm also 2 candies away from evolving Wartortle.

EDIT 2: Walked all those miles to get Wartortle to evolve into a Blastoise. Now the next soonest one in line is Doduo, who needs 39 candies. All of which means that I'll be taking a break from Go for a week until the new nests are found out.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten a lot accomplished since my last update, but I have registered 4 new species. With a couple Rare Candies I was able to evolve my Kabuto and register Kabutops. Because of raid battles I was able to catch and register Bayleef and Muk (I still don't have a Grimer, though). I also happened to catch a couple Diglett which allowed me to evolve and register Dugtrio. I sadly only caught one Ash cap Pikachu during the event. The other event Pikachu were more common in my area during their respective events, but this one was rare here.

My new Pokedex total is 193. 127 Kanto and 66 Johto.

Vipsoccermaster

10 km eggs a whole lot more common now than they used to be. You're just going to have to cycle through eggs as fast as possible, that means hatching only 2 and maybe 5 kms, but only if you have no 2 km ones. That's how I got my Pichu.
Well, today I got two 2km eggs and hatched both of them. First one was an Oddish, which I kept and transferred a different Oddish, to ensure I have at least one more slot of room for Pokémon storage. The second 2km egg I hatched was a Pichu with the Ash hat! I'm glad I was able to get one before the event ended. And I also got another 10km egg. The good thing about 10km eggs is that they provide 1,000 XP each and give out very high amounts of candy and stardust. Almost to level 30, which will allow me to get three egg incubators of three uses each. Should clear out the 10km eggs I've been having since June 2017 started.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Well, today I got two 2km eggs and hatched both of them. First one was an Oddish, which I kept and transferred a different Oddish, to ensure I have at least one more slot of room for Pokémon storage. The second 2km egg I hatched was a Pichu with the Ash hat! I'm glad I was able to get one before the event ended. And I also got another 10km egg. The good thing about 10km eggs is that they provide 1,000 XP each and give out very high amounts of candy and stardust. Almost to level 30, which will allow me to get three egg incubators of three uses each. Should clear out the 10km eggs I've been having since June 2017 started.

Wow the same thing happened to me too involving the last two 2km eggs I hatch even the part about keep my new Oddish and transferring an older one. Also today I was running around town and was able to add 6 Pokemon to 6 different gyms today unfortunately one has already came back but still have 5 remaining.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Today I caught an Articuno! Surprisingly enough I caught him on my very first attempt. It took me 5 balls to catch him. There was a guy today that said he tried catching Articuno 8 times. He failed on all 8 attempts, so I feel pretty darn lucky right now. I did fail to catch Lugia, though. They gave me 9 balls to throw at him, and I failed to get him. Lugia popped out of every ball. I'm just happy that I was able to get Articuno at least. Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

I also caught another Tyranitar at a raid, and I caught another Machamp the other day. I can almost make another Dragonite, and I need two more Totodile candies to make a Feraligatr!

Once I get an upgrade I can make a Porygon 2!

I've been having pretty good luck in Pokemon Go. Failing to get Lugia was my only bad luck moment this week lol.

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/KmRh4aG.png[/IMG300]

Last edited:

Fayh

I love the Go Fest boni we got!

Thanks to them, I was able to add a total of 15 new Pokémon to my dex yesterday, including awesome ones like Tyranitar, Arcanine, Machamp, Houndoom, Meganium, Porygon, Raichu and Omanyte.
Now I am at 176 caught!

I didn't manage to catch Lugia or Articuno though. They just kept popping out of their balls. :c

jabber2033

So no legendary for me yet; did hatch several 10km eggs at the 1/3 distance today. Got me enough candies to get me my first Porgyon2 and Tyrannitar. STILL no Dragonite yet, however.