• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Ugh! I received my 7 day streak evolution item only for it to be another upgrade! Grrr that's my 4th one, id love to get a kings rock which I do not have yet, or even another sunstone so I can evolve my sunkern! I love the double stardust, I have been needing to make my pokemon stronger!

Be happy you can even log in. I haven't been able to get logged in since about 4am and now its a little after noon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Be happy you can even log in. I haven't been able to get logged in since about 4am and now its a little after noon.

Huh, I was having the same problem earlier today until about 12:30 PST. Figured it was just me, as the normal signs of an outage weren't occurring.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
I got back from catching my fourth Raikou! And I caught it on my last ball too!

Huh, I was having the same problem earlier today until about 12:30 PST. Figured it was just me, as the normal signs of an outage weren't occurring.

Sometimes I have a problem signing in too, and I notice that its mostly users with Trainer Club Accounts, as I have one too :3 When this happens (more often than it should) I either restart my phone, delete the cache, or both and that sometimes fixes the problem

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Sometimes I have a problem signing in too, and I notice that its mostly users with Trainer Club Accounts, as I have one too :3 When this happens (more often than it should) I either restart my phone, delete the cache, or both and that sometimes fixes the problem

It is quite common that there are outages for trainers using the Trainer Club for their log in, but this was completely different. Normally, if it's a Trainer Club issue, the log-in screen almost immediately tell you that the log-in has failed, but today it was different and would just sit on the loading screen with the minimum load for long periods of time. Something different was going on, at least for me.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I took advantage of a Lucky Egg to mass evolve my Pokemon, but the cell service cut out here and there, so I couldn't make the most of it count. But in the meantime, I managed to evolve Porygon and Togepi, so that got me some quadruple XP.

EDIT: So after the equinox event, here are the results. I did manage to hatch, and evolve, my first Porygon, and I evolved my Togepi (though that's unrelated, since I didn't manage to hatch any new ones). Around 75% of the eggs I got were 5km eggs, which contained nothing I needed, so thanks for that (they were mostly Mankeys). For some reason, I found a lot of 10km eggs as well. Most of them hatched into Porygons, but one hatched into my first Miltank, and one hatched into a Dratini, which I really needed. As I predicted on another thread, most of the 2km eggs I hatched were common Pokemon like Oddish, though one DID hatch into a Mareep. I managed to catch Entei on my first attempt after a month of failing to catch Raikou, and that bumped me up to level 30. I wish Smoochum was still in the 5km club, since I still need one and I got so many 5km eggs during the event. I wonder what the Halloween event will entail? I had to buy coins just to get enough for the Super Incubators (on the last day, at that). Thank goodness they, too, have 3 uses each.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been doing decently lately. Minus any server side issues. Seeing a lot of errors and sometimes my character doesn't want to move. In the middle of hatching a pair of 10km eggs and I caught a Bayleef and some other Pokemon today. Got some items as well via a Pokestop.

We have suicune here at the moment but haven't caught it yet. Have got 3 entei's from last month - one of which has a 96%IV. Hopefully I can have a go at suicune tonight.
In my area we have a raiders whatsapp group which means we can tackle raids all the time with a good amount of people. I'm really lucky!

Rapiido

Finally have everything available from the dex (other than Suicune). Time to start completing Gen 3.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I haven't caught any of the legendary dogs yet. I haven't had much time to go out and play. I'm going to try to make time for this new Halloween event, though. Pretty soon it will be winter time here in Michigan, and I imagine many people won't be out for raids. We'll see what happens. I still played a good bit when the weather turned cold and it snowed. Everyone's different, though.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Had a decent day today. Ranked up to level 20. Caught a Shuppet, a Duskull and a Witch hat Pikachu. Got my Pikachu badge. I'm really digging the Lavender Tower remix for night time :). The memories!

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I really really like what they did with the Lavender Town remix as the night music. It's cool, spooky, and nostalgic : )

Also, I love the influx of spooky types. It means I'll have more opportunities to catch the Houndour line (which I really would like a good IV one to power up). Caught Shuppet and Duskull today along with Houndoom, Houndour, Drowzee, and Abra, so I'm excited to see what the rest of the event will bring!

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I already caught a Shuppet, Duskull, and Sableye. I did see Witchy Pikachu on the radar, but wasn't able to get to it, though since I'm mainly in it for dex completion nowadays, I'm not too bothered by it. Also, Chansey got 5 candies today, thanks to the halved buddy count! I'll get that blasted Blissey before this event is through!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I really really like what they did with the Lavender Town remix as the night music. It's cool, spooky, and nostalgic : )

Also, I love the influx of spooky types. It means I'll have more opportunities to catch the Houndour line (which I really would like a good IV one to power up). Caught Shuppet and Duskull today along with Houndoom, Houndour, Drowzee, and Abra, so I'm excited to see what the rest of the event will bring!

Yea it's really nicely done. :)

Ran into a Houndoom today. Tried to catch it in an Ultra Ball, but it escaped.

On a good note though, I caught two Houndours, a Venomoth, a Cubone and some other Pokemon. Couldn't get any items though. I swear they lowered the bag limit. I had over 370 odd items before and now the bag limit is at 350. Not cool Niantic.

Dumped out some of my items and got some more, including some Pokeballs and stuff. Hatched one of my 10km eggs and got a Snorlax from it. Also caught a Houndour.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Weirdly enough, I found and caught a Gengar, Houndoom, and Crobat today, all within the same hour. I guess they even pumped up the appearance rate for fully evolved spooky Pokémon. Also caught enough Shuppet and Duskull to evolve one of each and got the Hoenn badge.

Vipsoccermaster

Had a great week of Pokémon GO (Sunday, October 15, 2017 - Saturday, October 21, 2017).

Sunday, October 15, 2017: Did two Entei Raids with a group of Pokémon GO friends and caught both of them, back-to-back.
Monday, October 16, 2017: Did another Entei Raid and successfully caught the beast.
Tuesday, October 17, 2017: Received an EX-Raid Pass for Friday, October 20, 2017 from doing a Quilava Raid on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 with two other people.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017: Did yet another Entei Raid and caught Entei for the fourth time.
Thursday, October 19, 2017: Spent the afternoon spinning stops to get revives to heal my Pokémon after my fourth Entei Raid to prepare for the EX-Raid.
Friday, October 20, 2017: Did the EX-Raid in a private group with others and took it down with ease. And I was able to capture Mewtwo! The Halloween event went live just immediately before the EX-Raid egg hatched, so I got six Mewtwo Candy instead of three. After that, spent the afternoon doing errands and capturing new Hoenn Pokémon. Already got lots of candy from the new species.
Saturday, October 21, 2017: Continued to catch more Ghost-Type Pokémon to increase candy and increase the Hex Maniac medal (already at silver). I caught 60 of them in just two days alone.

Very productive week. And I also already caught three Witch Hat Pikachu (can't see myself transferring them at all). Hope to get the evolved forms (without evolving, because what's the point of evolving) and Shiny Sableye before the event ends. I'm impressed with my luck of getting four Entei and Mewtwo, without failures.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Had to play GO today because of the Halloween event. I was just sitting around and caught two Duskulls, a Sableye and two witches' hat Pikachus, which were surprisingly more common than I first thought. Definitely a good start for the Halloween event. I also evolved a Golbat into Crobat, which I didn't get before in the dex because I didn't bother to use the lots of Zubat candy that I saved from catching lots of Zubats. Unfortunately I didn't catch a Shuppet.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Found a second Houndoom and failed to get it. Ran out of Pokeballs. Dang it. But I did get a Marowak and another Skarmory. Gotta get some more items when I can. Probably going to stick to catching Houndours to earn enough candies to evolve one into a Houndoom.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Evolved the best Shuppet and Duskull I found into their respective evolved forms. Also found Sableye and quite a few Witch Hat Pikachu (I pulled up to a gas station this morning and played GO before I pulled out only to find two of them standing at my car XD). I still need to hatch this 10k and hatch a 2k to get candy and (hopefully) get Witch Hat Pichu. Other than that, it's been par for the course. I LOVE the extra spooky types and candy. This candy is AMAZING.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Oberhausen event is sick. But there are conflicting reports on whether the "zone" letters are included in the event. I might be going to Amstelveen, so I'm a bit bummed out by "only" getting 4 new letters, leaving me at 9, while 10 is the silver medal..

Wow, it's been a while since I updated this.. xD

Uhm, just before the above quote, I finally hatched an Aerodactyl with bad IV's, and evolved a Flaaffy into Ampharos, and three days afterwards, I hatched another Aerodactyl with respectable IV's. Which basically means that outside of legendaries, I only need Elekid.

In terms of progress, with this event:
- I've broken the 200 Pikachu limit. Just 98 Pikachu left to go to reach 300.
- I've broken the 400 Eggs limit. Just 91 Eggs left to hatch! As a side note, I finally hatched a Lapras. I already caught a few, but this was a first and it took 400+ eggs!
- 186 Huge Magikarp left.. Just no progress on this - even when I'm catching Magikarp left and right.
- 193 Tiny Rattata left.. Even worse with this. I think this is only really obtainable when you go to dense areas with a Go Plus, because when I'm in the city center, I really don't feel like wasting the time on every single Rattata.
- I didn't go to Safari Zone, so 21 Unown left to catch..
- I've done 42 regular raids.
- I've done 72 Legendary raids.
- Caught 148 Kanto Pokémon: Tauros, Farfetch'd and Mew left. Regionals and unobtainable as of yet.
- Caught 92 Hoenn Pokémon: Corsola, Heracross, Elekid, Delibird, Smeargle, Raikou, Ho-oh and Celebi left. Most of which are unobtainable as of yet, or regionals.
- Caught 5 Hoenn Pokémon: All that you can at the moment.
- Completed the Steel-medal.
- Just 24 Fighting-types left (I've been hunting). Maybe I'll make it before Gen3 properly drops.
- Just 33 Dragon-types left (I've been hunting). Same as the Fighting-types.There are days when I catch up to 5 a day, sometimes none..

In terms of Legendaries, I've been doing well enough. As I've noted a while back, I was very low on Golden Razz Berries, I basically had 6 left after trying many, many attempts on a decent Lugia and Articuno (the only legendaries for which I don't have one with IV's above 90%).

Just to tally them all up:

Entei: 8 Caught, highest 93% and seen 24. That last number was mostly due to me refusing to use Golden Razz Berries on anything lower than the highest that I had. So yeah. Regular Razz Berries don't work as well.
Suicune: 10 Caught, highest at 91% (2 actually) and 13 seen. This thing is a lot easier to catch than Entei apparently, because I still went easy on the Golden Razz Berries.

BECAUSE... I got a Mewtwo EX-raid invite! Which happened to be today...

Mewtwo: 1 Caught, highest at 98% (SICK) and 1 seen! I couldn't be happier! My team owned the gym so we got a few extra balls.

However, my preparation was all for nought though. I upped two Tyranitar for the sake of having at least three above cp2500 with the ideal movesets for Mewtwo, as well as upping two Snorlax (identical CP/IV) to cp2600+, in case it had Shadow Ball, and upping a Scizor to cp2500. The punchline being that I didn't use any of the Snorlax or Scizor, since my groups was large enough that I didn't get past my 3rd pokémon. All in all, it basically cost me half my Stardust and about 10 Fast/Charge TM's.. And now I kinda want to revert some of the movesets before Gen3 turns some into Legacy moves. But better safe than sorry I guess. And having two high CP Snorlax can't really hurt.

As for the Halloween Event, I'm kind of set. I've caught Witch Hat Pikachu, Duskull, Dusclops, Shuppet, Banette, Sableye, Drowzee, Hypno, Houndour, Houndoom, Cubone, Marowak, Misdreavus, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Zubat, Golbat and Crobat. I don't think I'm missing anything. Yeah, I really want to hatch a Witch Hat Pichu and catch a shiny Sableye or Duskull before the event ends, but that's just going to have to require some sick luck. Between two of my raid buddies, they've caught/seen more than 400 Sableye, and haven't seen a shiny appear yet, while a different person from my town had one on her first try.

Sableye are quite common at night though, so I might want to try to go out tonight and maybe, just maybe I'll get lucky.

Rapiido

Gotten everything available in the dex other than regionals (and Suicune). Got my bronze Unown medal, almost at gold berry medal. Ice medal almost at gold but no way I'm going to get Fighting/Steel/Dragon anytime soon. Hoping Makuhita/Meditite/Mawile/Trapinch/Swablu/Aron are super common when Gen 3 hits.

Almost halfway to level 35 too... the experience needed is starting to get seriously ridiculous.