• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Got to say, loving these awesome new high-definition graphics. The game is more immersive than ever.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I've been somewhat getting back into GO lately and the new research thing is amazing imo. Lots of cool reward to get!

I also did a couple of raid where I got my first Machamp! I was surprised when two of the others had Lugia to help but it was good in the end. As for eggs, I hatched a female Chikorita (already have Meganium lol) along with my first Bagon and Carvanha! Bagon gave 32 candies and Carvanha gave 21 which was pretty neat! Both are also female too, heh.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Got to say, loving these awesome new high-definition graphics. The game is more immersive than ever.

Man, I'm telling you. This unreal 4 engine is looking pretty sweet XD

For real though, I'd love to have these around for the long haul. I like 'em! There's just something nostalgic and stylistic about them.

I had an extra 30 minutes before finishing schoolwork and having to be at my actual job this morning so I went for a walk to hatch some Eggs and fulfill some Research. While hatching some Eggs, I hatched and registered my very first Igglybuff! I also hatched a Scyther, but despite finally having enough candies to evolve it, I don't have a Metal Coat (I have like 7 Up-grades though lol) so I can't register Scizor yet. Regardless, I am absolutely loving this Research feature! I love that Pokemon are occasionally the rewards. It has let me battle and catch Vulpix, Pinsir, and Tangela which I find really neat.

My new Pokedex total is 304.
134 Kanto, 80 Johto, and 90 Hoenn.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Unfortunately I've hit a wall in the Mew quest. Ghost-types just haven't been spawning around here. I've got 1 of 10.

Could have got Mew today if not for this

I assume you know this already, but ever since Johto Pokémon launched, Ghost-Types have appeared more commonly at night. Have you tried going out at night?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I assume you know this already, but ever since Johto Pokémon launched, Ghost-Types have appeared more commonly at night. Have you tried going out at night?
Probably placebo effect, or the numbers didn't change much at all. I've only seen Ghost types rarely, even at night, and since the weather update, almost solely during their weather. Which really means I've only seen Gastly considering it's hardly ever Foggy in this game.

Since the Research update I've noticed they're spawning more frequently though, might have increased their spawns a bit for the Research.(Feel like they did the same with Ditto as well, saw 3 in one day, which has never happened before) Saw Shuppet and Gastly on my nearby pretty often today.

Also, Rozoken has completed the special Mew research and if you want a guide or whatever on how to do it--

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Probably placebo effect, or the numbers didn't change much at all. I've only seen Ghost types rarely, even at night, and since the weather update, almost solely during their weather. Which really means I've only seen Gastly considering it's hardly ever Foggy in this game.

This isn't just me saying this. Do you know what the Silph Road is? They studied this back when Gen II launched and definitively found that certain Pokémon, such as Ghost and Dark Types, appear more frequently at night. On top of that, it's also possible for a nest to have different Pokémon at day and night.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Unfortunately I've hit a wall in the Mew quest. Ghost-types just haven't been spawning around here. I've got 1 of 10.

Could have got Mew today if not for this

Does evolving ghost types count?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Yes, I did that last night and absolutely no ghosts appeared

Since the Research update I've noticed they're spawning more frequently though, might have increased their spawns a bit for the Research.(Feel like they did the same with Ditto as well, saw 3 in one day, which has never happened before) Saw Shuppet and Gastly on my nearby pretty often today.

Also, Rozoken has completed the special Mew research and if you want a guide or whatever on how to do it--
Don't forget we have details on the site too :p

EnglishALT

Does evolving ghost types count?

Nope, learned that the hard way tonight with a Shuppet.

So far I have caught 4 ghosts tonight alone, and I have seen Dittos in a variety of different Pokemon, today with Rattata and yesterday with Whismur.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Nope, learned that the hard way tonight with a Shuppet.

So far I have caught 4 ghosts tonight alone, and I have seen Dittos in a variety of different Pokemon, today with Rattata and yesterday with Whismur.
Well, womp. That's gonna suck. I will say I've seen a few more Ghost types now than I have say, last week. Heck, for one of the daily missions/research, it gave me an encounter with a Gastly, so hopefully there won't be a drought of Ghost types.

Vipsoccermaster

Yeah, it's going to be a pain for the mythical special quests, especially 5 and 6. I'm still stuck on step 4 of 8, with one of the remaining tasks to evolve 20 Pokémon. I almost never evolve, because seriously, what's the point when you can just find evolved forms out in the wild? Better to save candy than to plummet them. So I only evolve when I absolutely have to. Just doing with the Pidgey, since they cost the least amount of candy to evolve. Already 5 down, 15 more to go. And getting 10 ghost-types will be tricky, but the problem is, even though they spawn a bit more frequently out at night hours, it's a bit dangerous to go out exploring for them. Step 6 of 8 requires two daunting tasks: Evolve a Magikarp (I got the candy ready, but need more after evolving one), and battling 10 raids.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Personally, I think obtaining a Mew should be hard. If you can get one in a day, or even over a weekend. then it was probably too easy.

Vroomer

I hit a mini-wall with the candy because I was working on my Ralts & Feebas. Once I got my 2 candy, I switched to Magikarp. 2.5km to go and will be on the Ditto step. I really don’t want to go hunting for anything. I’d be :( if I got a Ditto & wasn’t on that step. Ya know..?

The hardest parts for me will be: Ditto, Evolve Magikarp (unless I find a nest), and the excellent curveball throw. I got the levels and gold for Kanto.

Given what the quests for Mew are, I am going to hold off evolving my Wailmer, Feebas, and any other insanely high candy/weird requirement mon. When Mew was announced, I stocked up on Whismur & Pidgey.

Kanto: 138
Johto: 88
Hoenn: 86
Seen: 346
Caught: 312

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Personally, I think obtaining a Mew should be hard. If you can get one in a day, or even over a weekend. then it was probably too easy.
It honestly all depends on how much you play it and what you're willing to do to get it done.

If you have stocked up on candies and Pokemon, and are above level 25, the steps are less tedious and honestly would boil down to needing to catch a Ditto and either doing a raid every day for 10 days or breaking down and purchasing 8-9 premium raid passes.

Vipsoccermaster

It honestly all depends on how much you play it and what you're willing to do to get it done.

If you have stocked up on candies and Pokemon, and are above level 25, the steps are less tedious and honestly would boil down to needing to catch a Ditto and either doing a raid every day for 10 days or breaking down and purchasing 8-9 premium raid passes.
Well, there's a work-around for doing 10 raids. Rather than doing 10 raids, or even winning them, you just need to battle 10 raids. You can attempt as many as you need to in one raid, though for credit, you just need to time-out on purpose to count as battling a raid. Do it again, and it'll count again. You can repeat the process up to how much time you have before the raid boss goes away. The downside, however, is that you have to wait at least five minutes for each time (120 seconds in lobby, then 180 seconds (T1-T4) in raid battle). If you do it just as a T1 hatches, you can purposely lose by timing out for about 8 or 9 times, and then win on the last attempt with less than five minutes remaining. Then do it again with a different raid and you'll get 10 raid battles easily. You do have to use up 45 minutes for this to work, though. Use a Blissey if you have one to minimize the amount of damage taken and resources to heal Blissey up to speed.

Finally done 20 evolutions and doing step 5 of 8. I have already done 20 great throws easily, but now I have to catch a Ditto and catch 10 Ghost-Types. Guess I'll do late-night walks to help with this.

I also did a Latios raid, and caught it on an excellent throw.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

That's why I'm saying it might be a little too easy.