• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Woke up this morning to another EX Raid pass for the 14th. So if I don't manage to get this Mewtwo tomorrow, I'll have a second shot at it then.

Wasn't able to do a whole lot today. Captured a couple Magikarp, hatched a Carvanha(Just 8 candies away from Sharpedo), and actually found a few Mudkip. Saving a research for tomorrow so I can get my stamp right away.

Vipsoccermaster

Finally caught a Ditto so I can move on to the next step...as soon as I catch three more Ghost-Types. Going to do my EX Raid tomorrow. Didn't get another, but that's to be expected since I rarely raid at EX-eligible gyms.

Xionea

Half a centaur
The new Pokemon appearing on the top of the radar is such a godsend, I swear. It tipped me off on a Magnemite that was on campus on my way to go eat. Super happy I caught it too (Ever see a new Pokemon in GO and it just... looks weird? Like it shouldn't even be in the game cause you've never seen it appear lol). Now I just need to find a Kabuto and Lapras for my Gen 1 dex, then I can get any evolutions through walking at least... Except Magikarp will be my buddy for the next 3 months because Magikarp don't spawn here, I used all of my candy for a Gyarados a few months ago, and I need to do it for the Mew quest eventually (Why not Swablu?!?!?!). I've also seen a Whiscash and a couple Carvanha on the radar, but it's cold here and I really didn't want to walk outside at 2am for them.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I was thinking nobody would join the EX Raid today since it was quite early in the morning and it was really rainy outside, but we had at least 30+ people there and ready when we got there.

Luckily my two brothers and I all caught the Mewtwo we got from the raid.

I also got enough candies to evolve a Wailmer and Carvanha, so now I've got Wailord and Sharpedo in the dex. Wish I waited a little longer to evolve Carvanha because about 30 minutes later I got a weather boosted one. Oh well, I'll be able to get more candies quickly enough.

Vipsoccermaster

You probably should have waited to evolve Wailmer in case there's a future Mythical Quest that involves evolving a Wailmer, @Erron Black. But I suppose it's fair that you did it for dex entry. As for myself, I went to the park for the EX Raid. Lots of people there. First I did a Mawile Raid with three others, so it was easy, and then for the Mewtwo Raid, we split into teams in order to maximize the number of balls we get (those on Team Mystic had gym control bonus, me included). Then got a Shuppet while shopping after doing the raid, followed by a Duskull at a stop near my home, so now I've completed step 5 of 8, and then now I have to work on step 6 of 8, which I have to battle 10 raids. Unfortunate the raids I did at the park did not count, but that's okay. And then evolve a Magikarp. I'll probably evolve my shiny one. Then I need to work on raising the Magikarp candy again (have enough to evolve one now). And reach level 25, which was already cleared in April 2017.

Then later I caught a Blissey, of which I had a lot of trouble because I was extremely low on balls. Used up all my balls, stocked up, used up all again, then stocked up once more, and finally caught it. Glad I at least caught it before it ran or disappeared.

Before all this, though, I completed my first Research Breakthrough and caught my first Moltres. Used Pinap Berries, since it couldn't flee as it was a Research Encounter. Two different legendaries in one day is pretty sweet.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
You probably should have waited to evolve Wailmer in case there's a future Mythical Quest that involves evolving a Wailmer, @Erron Black.
I'm not too worried about it. The place I usually go to for Pokemon Go is a river with a ton of stops and gyms around it, so since water is nearby I find a LOT of water types and Wailmer is one of the most plentiful there. The problem I had gathering them was that the weather around this time of year is... not optimal for walking around. Otherwise I definitely would've gotten Wailord much earlier.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Hatched a Scyther, finally giving me enough candy for my first ever Scizor! Saw a Magikarp raid so I quickly jumped on that for the easy 6 Magikarp candy, then as I was walking home from that a Magikarp spawned in the wild, so 12/400 candy in one day! And if that wasn't a good day right there a Larvitar spawned on my apartment, and then later a Bagon spawned at my campus. Also found a wild Rapidash and a wild Magcargo, which is unusual since Slugma and Ponyta definitely aren't easy finds here. Then to top it all of a bunch of ghosts finally spawned around me and gave me the Special Quest requirement. Just need to find that Ditto now...

Super lucky day for me overall. Wish those would happen more lol.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Did a Latios raid again today and caught my second one. Then I did two Sableye raids, a Misdreavus raid, and a Duskull raid to finish the Ghost type step on Special Research. Earlier in the day I found a Ditto as well, so now I need to evolve a Magikarp and battle in 10 raids to get the 6th step done.

Finally got enough candies to evolve Lotad up to Ludicolo and I also got a really good weather boosted Slowbro as well. Hatched a 10km only to get a Dratini, which I... don't need because of February's community day.

I FINALLY have registered Charizard after getting the last few candies I needed from walking with a Charmander. I also stumbled upon a Solrock on campus today, so I was able to register it. I was sad, however, because I finally saw the Hail Forme of Castform for the first time and it fled from me. Seeing as how today was probably the last time it will snow here for six or seven months, I guess Hail Castform is out of reach for a little while.

My new Pokedex total is 306.
135 Kanto, 82 Johto, and 91 Hoenn.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I FINALLY have registered Charizard after getting the last few candies I needed from walking with a Charmander. I also stumbled upon a Solrock on campus today, so I was able to register it. I was sad, however, because I finally saw the Hail Forme of Castform for the first time and it fled from me. Seeing as how today was probably the last time it will snow here for six or seven months, I guess Hail Castform is out of reach for a little while.

My new Pokedex total is 306.
135 Kanto, 82 Johto, and 91 Hoenn.

You may already know this, but Hail Forme also spawns during haze/fog weather in POGO. It was the only way I got one when a fog rolled into my town for a good 4 days. Hopefully you'll see it sooner rather than later.

Still on step 5 of the Mythical Quest, which now puts me behind most everybody in my raid group. Good news is that I've caught 3 Ghost types in the last 24 hours, so now I only need 7 more! Also hatched another Trapinch and Swablu today. Didn't get as much candy as I was hoping for from Trapinch (and it's IVs were less than stellar), but hopefully this next 10k will also be Trapinch and I'll get another shot! Flygon is nearly within my grasp!

You may already know this, but Hail Forme also spawns during haze/fog weather in POGO. It was the only way I got one when a fog rolled into my town for a good 4 days. Hopefully you'll see it sooner rather than later.

I didn't know that, actually, so thank you so much! :)

I still don't have Aerodactyl so I'm hoping I can get one this week with it coming back to Raids.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Finally got enough candies for Swablu, but I'm holding off because people made me feel paranoid that the next Special Research quest will have an "Evolve a Swablu" mission on it. Also somehow found a Solrock, which is nice. Currently building up those Magikarp candies, but even with the increased spawn rate, there's still not a whole lot here.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Just to let everyone know, i just caught a Lunatone during the Kanto event so make sure you all look out for one if you haven't already caught one.

I was hoping to get an Aerodactyl during this event... and lo and behold one actually spawned for me today! I'm so happy to finally have registered it to my Pokedex! In addition to Aerodcatyl, I've registered a bunch of remaining Kanto Pokemon I needed. They are: Primeape, Electrode, Machamp, Golem, and Dodrio. For some reason I NEVER see Mankey, Doduo, or Voltorb, so it was wonderful having these spawn often on my campus. I also caught a wild Beldum today and was able to evolve one to register Metang.

I'm 2 Candies away from evolving my Ivysaur and finally registering Venusaur (I had to work during the Community Day, so I was only able to catch a couple when I could sneak on my phone for a minute). I have a Bulbasaur as my Buddy now so I should have that in no time with the halved kilometers during this event.

My new Pokedex total is 315.
141 Kanto, 82 Johto, and 92 Hoenn.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Finally got enough candies for Swablu, but I'm holding off because people made me feel paranoid that the next Special Research quest will have an "Evolve a Swablu" mission on it.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about that. Yes, it is a possibility that that will happen, and yes, it will suck if that happens, but it could also be a very long time away, or even not happen at all. You could be locking yourself out of an Altaria for a very long time.

Just to let everyone know, i just caught a Lunatone during the Kanto event so make sure you all look out for one if you haven't already caught one.

That probably had nothing to do with the event and was just a random lucky spawn. I doubt the Kanto event is boosting any from Hoenn.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
That probably had nothing to do with the event and was just a random lucky spawn. I doubt the Kanto event is boosting any from Hoenn.
Well... Before the event Solrock/Lunatone spawns were non-existent everywhere in my city and suddenly I found a few Solrock in the span of ~30 minutes. Now either they suddenly and randomly decided to spawn during an event that would cause them to actually spawn less, or their spawns are boosted a bit.

On another note-- Since the event started I've made tons of progress actually. Finally hit level 30! Registered Charmeleon, Charizard, Clefable, and Electrode from the Kanto dex so far leaving me with just Blastoise, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Articuno, Zapdos, and Mew left to get.(Damn Regionals and time-locks...)

Along with those I've also registered Scizor, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Grovyle, Sceptile, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Solrock, and Milotic. The evolutions were mostly because of boosted candies from eggs/buddies. Scizor I only needed 9 candies to get and the first Pokemon I found during the event was a Scyther, so I quickly got him evolved. I needed 24 candies to get Tyranitar and ~30-40 candies to get Milotic and I was very lucky and got a Feebas and Larvitar from eggs. The Feebas gave me 51 candies and the Larvitar gave me 42 candies. I also did a Golem raid and got 8 rare candies and I needed 4 candies to get Gardevoir, so I trashed a Ralts and put two rare candies into them and evolved my best one, then I put the other 6 into my Treecko, leaving me with 3 more candies needed to get Sceptile, so after I got two candies from walking I evolved my Treecko into Grovyle to get the extra two candies and then evolved it into Sceptile shortly after.

Also thanks to the event I evolved a Magikarp for the special research(I can already evolve ANOTHER! Waiting to see if I get a shiny from the event.) and I've also gotten much better IV/CP catches for Seaking, Dodrio, Gengar, Alakazam, Beedrill, Arbok, Raichu, Slowking, Jynx, and Tauros. Finding a lot of Bellsprout and Poliwag, so I'm hoping to snag some good ones there. I still need Politoed, I have the King's Rock for it, but I'm holding out for a really good Poliwag to evolve.

Hoping to hit up an Aerodactyl raid during the event. My current one is only 943 CP with 35% IVs... sooo... I really need a new one.

Also found a Vibrava and a Beldum today, which was really shocking because of the spawns. Before the event started I found a few Anorith and Mudkip which is very, very rare here. I can almost get Swampert, just need 4 candies. Gonna buddy him up for 5km and then evolve it up to Swampert, then I'll swap over to Anorith to get a lot of candies for him.

Also slightly disappointed Moltres is the research breakthrough again... Was hoping to have a Regional or one of the other Legendary birds be available through it. Hopefully they'll cycle it out like they do with Raids, or else it'll get really stale really quick.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Moltres is my reward!? Again!? What the heck is this?It's bad enough that Niantic lets us get multiple of the same Legendary from raids, but at least that takes effort. This is just ridiculous on so many levels. I was really happy with the research feature until this too.

Well... Before the event Solrock/Lunatone spawns were non-existent everywhere in my city and suddenly I found a few Solrock in the span of ~30 minutes. Now either they suddenly and randomly decided to spawn during an event that would cause them to actually spawn less, or their spawns are boosted a bit.

I had a similar experience a few weeks back. I had never seen a single Solrock, then I found 3 in two days. It makes no sense for this to be linked to a Kanto-centric event. Probably just a coincidence.

EDIT: On second thought, it may have something to do with the fact that it's a regional Pokémon. Back during the Hoenn spawn event, the only non-Hoenn spawns you could find where regional Pokémon. Maybe this is similar.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I had a similar experience a few weeks back. I had never seen a single Solrock, then I found 3 in two days. It makes no sense for this to be linked to a Kanto-centric event. Probably just a coincidence.

EDIT: On second thought, it may have something to do with the fact that it's a regional Pokémon. Back during the Hoenn spawn event, the only non-Hoenn spawns you could find where regional Pokémon. Maybe this is similar.
Strange coincidence if so, I'd need to see if I get more spawns throughout the event then maybe it'd mean something.

That makes sense considering it wouldn't affect people that travel to other places with regionals during event times like these. They might up the spawns of them to counteract the large increase in other Pokemon spawns.