• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Strange coincidence if so, I'd need to see if I get more spawns throughout the event then maybe it'd mean something.

That makes sense considering it wouldn't affect people that travel to other places with regionals during event times like these. They might up the spawns of them to counteract the large increase in other Pokemon spawns.

Yeah, for the first time since the Gen 3 only event, I saw not one, but three Solrock spawn pretty close to one another (about 100-150 yards apart). Couldn't get them though since class was about to start and they were gone by the time I got out. Womp. I did manage to hatch another Trapinch today so I got a boatload of candy. Now I just need a good Trapinch!

Okay, I'm really loving this event. The high Candy yields helped when I hatched another Larvitar and Slakoth. Because of this I have FINALLY registered Tyranitar and I evolved a Slakoth to register Vigoroth (I now have 90 Candies so I should have Slaking semi-soon). I also opened the app in my apartment a little while ago and a wild Hitmonchan's silhouette was in the nearby. I tracked it down and caught it. It was the last Pokemon I needed in the Tyrogue line!

Also, earlier today I completed seven days of Research for the first time and the Breakthrough Pokemon was Moltres. I caught it and registered it. This was my first legendary Pokemon in Go!

My new Pokedex total is 319.
143 Kanto, 83 Johto, and 93 Hoenn.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Okay, I'm really loving this event. The high Candy yields helped when I hatched another Larvitar and Slakoth. Because of this I have FINALLY registered Tyranitar and I evolved a Slakoth to register Vigoroth (I now have 90 Candies so I should have Slaking semi-soon). I also opened the app in my apartment a little while ago and a wild Hitmonchan's silhouette was in the nearby. I tracked it down and caught it. It was the last Pokemon I needed in the Tyrogue line!

Also, earlier today I completed seven days of Research for the first time and the Breakthrough Pokemon was Moltres. I caught it and registered it. This was my first legendary Pokemon in Go!

My new Pokedex total is 319.
143 Kanto, 83 Johto, and 93 Hoenn.

Congrats!! I'm still trying to get enough candies to evolve Slakoth fully so I can do it all at once. And yes, the candy, along with the spawns of Pokemon I never see (Machop, Magnemite, Seel, etc) make this event pretty great in my eyes!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Yeah, for the first time since the Gen 3 only event, I saw not one, but three Solrock spawn pretty close to one another (about 100-150 yards apart). Couldn't get them though since class was about to start and they were gone by the time I got out. Womp. I did manage to hatch another Trapinch today so I got a boatload of candy. Now I just need a good Trapinch!
Yeah, I really doubt it's a coincidence. They probably increased the spawn rates of regionals as well because I've seen plenty of Tauros, Solrock, and Seviper here. Like I said, they probably do this so that travelling players don't miss out on regionals just because their trip coincided with an event. I mean, I'd be really upset if I traveled to somewhere in Africa and never saw a single Tropius. It only makes sense they'd do this.

Hopefully I can get out at night sometime soon and catch a Lunatone, they never spawn normally in my area so this is the perfect opportunity to snag them.

Also, hatched a few eggs and got some more Treecko(Wow, they love me now that I've gotten a Sceptile... At least these ones have good IVs whereas my Sceptile right now has average IVs) got enough candies to evolve my Mudkip up to Swampert and I now have ALL of the fully evolved Hoenn starters! I'm hoping to get a better Torchic soon since my Blaziken is below average IVs though. I have enough currently to get a Blastoise, but I'm holding out on getting a really good Squirtle, or I'll wait until the event ends and evolve the 76% I currently have. Also have enough candies to evolve my Poliwag into Politoed, but same thing with the Squirtle, I'd like to get a really good Poliwag/Poliwhirl before I evolve one.

I did a Gengar, Snorlax, Squirtle, and Latios raid today and caught all of them!(I actually managed to Pinap the Gengar. 40 candies... oof) The Snorlax was the best of the four. Squirtle was pretty garbage for a Raid catch and Latios was kinda mediocre compared to the other two I have.

Still no shinies either unfortunately. Seen and caught so many Pikachu and Magikarp that it's getting a little ridiculous at this point! I've evolved a Magikarp already during this event and can nearly evolve two more!

Also am now on step 6 of the Mew quest. Hoping to get it done in a day or so, it's probably one of the easier steps. Finished it for my brother the other day while he was at work in about an hour or two, so it won't be too time consuming.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Finally got my 400 Magikarp candies. Surprisingly, I still haven't done my 10 raids yet, so I've still got a week left before I can move on to the next stage. Switched my buddy Pokemon back to Poochyena. Nothing much else happened.

Vipsoccermaster

I caught Mew today. Turns out it's a 84%. Not too shabby. 14 Attack, 13 or 12 Defense, and 12 or 11 Stamina, at an even CP of 1300. So I finished all the special quests there is to offer. Currently at 136/151 for the Kanto region. One of them is a regional that has never been to North America at any time: Mr. Mime. Tauros is the North American regional. Kangaskhan was in North America for the Pokémon Worlds 2017 Championship. Farfetch'd was part of the Global Catch Challenge in November 2017.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I caught Mew today. Turns out it's a 84%. Not too shabby. 14 Attack, 13 or 12 Defense, and 12 or 11 Stamina, at an even CP of 1300. So I finished all the special quests there is to offer. Currently at 136/151 for the Kanto region. One of them is a regional that has never been to North America at any time: Mr. Mime. Tauros is the North American regional. Kangaskhan was in North America for the Pokémon Worlds 2017 Championship. Farfetch'd was part of the Global Catch Challenge in November 2017.
Just caught Mew as well! Mine was caught at 1303 CP and it was 87%. 14-13-12 in it's stats.(Att-Def-Sta) Powered it up from level 15 to level 21 and it's now 1825 CP!

I find it really interesting how Willow says that him and his assistants will have more special research for us in the future. I wonder if they'll retire Mew for Celebi? I hope not. I'd much rather they have separate Special Researches you can work on so that people stuck on certain parts don't get screwed out of their Mew or Celebi.

Now at 146/151 for the Kanto dex only missing Blastoise, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Articuno, and Zapdos. I'll get Blastoise soon enough, just gotta hope I can find a good Squirtle first. Kangaskhan and Mr. Mime? Yeah... Wish I could get them in the U.S., but unfortunately they're regionals. I wish they'd do some special things for the regionals. Maybe a week where they're available worldwide via raids? Hell, I'd even be okay with ditching Moltres for the Research Breakthrough for literally any regional that I'm missing.(Especially Kangaskhan, Tropius, and Heracross pls) I'd like to actually catch them all without spending a LOT of money flying to Europe, Australia, Africa, etc... just to get a single Pokemon or two that I don't have.

Articuno and Zapdos I missed while they were in raids because my brother and I at the time thought we weren't prepared to battle in them, so we avoided them until we finally did a Suicune raid. Then we didn't participate again until Lugia's most recent return to raids where we did 4 of them in one day. Then we've done 5 Latios raids since he dropped and we don't really plan on participating in many more of those.

Speaking of raids, I have an EX Raid on Saturday. Hope that I can get this one as well.(Hopefully my mom can get hers at the very least, as she hasn't done one before and my brother and I did one last week and caught ours.)

Vipsoccermaster

@Erron Black: Well, I hope I'm lucky for Heracross and Corsola in early November 2018, as I'm heading to Florida for a wedding. The rest of the Kanto Pokémon are the final forms, all of which I have enough candy to get, except Muk for now since I don't have enough. But I'm just waiting it out since you can find the evolved forms out in the wild.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
@Erron Black: Well, I hope I'm lucky for Heracross and Corsola in early November 2018, as I'm heading to Florida for a wedding. The rest of the Kanto Pokémon are the final forms, all of which I have enough candy to get, except Muk for now since I don't have enough. But I'm just waiting it out since you can find the evolved forms out in the wild.
My parents are heading out to southern Florida this May, so my brothers and I are letting them use our accounts to see if they can get Heracross and Corsola for us, so I'm really hoping they do!

Playing this event in it's entirety makes me wish I did the same during the Hoenn event, I probably would've had that filled up much more than it currently is.

Vipsoccermaster

My parents are heading out to southern Florida this May, so my brothers and I are letting them use our accounts to see if they can get Heracross and Corsola for us, so I'm really hoping they do!
Bold and risky you are, but isn't that against the Terms of Service? Pah, I doubt Niantic even bothers.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Bold and risky you are, but isn't that against the Terms of Service? Pah, I doubt Niantic even bothers.
I mean, considering we're just signing our accounts in onto different devices(iPads and an iPhone), it's not really against ToS. We're just letting someone else play the game for us, which isn't really a problem.

Not to mention I had a friend who let one of her friends in Europe sign into her account to get her Entei when it was exclusive over there. Pretty sure Niantic only cares when someone's account was stolen/lost or someone is obviously spoofing/using third party applications while playing the game.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Yesterday I hatched my first Beldum and Bagon so I am pretty close to being able to evolve them. I have one more 10km egg that I only need to walk .2 KM before it hatches. I also finally got the excellent curve against a Voltorb of all things. The Mew I captured didn't have great IVs when I appraised it which is a shame. Maybe it will become available again in the future so I am holding off on using Rare Candies on it. Also if your phone gives you the message that says something about not detecting your phone's orientation, you need to deny the camera permission so you can see Mew. On Android this can be done by going to Settings->Manage Apps->Pokemon Go. Finally, I caught a 2051 Latios with double dragon moves and got 9 Rare Candy from that raid.

Congrats!! I'm still trying to get enough candies to evolve Slakoth fully so I can do it all at once. And yes, the candy, along with the spawns of Pokemon I never see (Machop, Magnemite, Seel, etc) make this event pretty great in my eyes!
Thank you! And I hope you get them soon!!

Late last night I hatched a Torchic which gave me enough Candies to evolve my Combusken to register Blaziken. Also, today my Bulbasaur got the final Candy from walking that it needed to evolve and register Venusaur! With Venusaur registered, the only Kanto Pokemon I still need are: Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Magmar, Articuno, Zapdos, Mewtwo, and Mew.

My new Pokedex total is 321
144 Kanto, 83 Johto, and 94 Hoenn.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Over the past couple days I've managed to do a lot. At the beginning of the event I caught a wild Hitmonchan (fiiiinally), about an hour later I caught my first Kabuto, caught enough Magikarp to do the Mew quest for it, hatched a Mareep to finally get Flaaffy in my dex (fun fact, I actually caught a wild Ampharos before I ever owned a Mareep lol), caught enough Squirtle to finally get a Blastoise registered in my dex, caught a bunch of Machop to finally register a Machamp in my dex as well, same deal with Doduo to Dodrio and Voltorb to Electrode, a stranger helped me beat an Onix raid and at last got me a Steelix, found and registered a Solrock in my dex, and to top it all off a wild Lapras popped up like 20 minutes ago and I made tracks in icy cold winds to get to it. I saw another player who went after the Lapras as I was heading there, I should have said hi or something cause I've never seen anyone else openly play GO here, but oh well. I caught the Lapras at least, 2025 cp, so that was easily the highlight of this event for me.
Oh and apparently wild Gyarados can spawn too, saw that while at work last night. I didn't know the 400 candy evolutions could wildly spawn, so that was interesting to see.

So now my Kanto dex is on its way to completion. Just need a Hitmonlee, a Muk (which I saw two wild ones on the radar, but I couldnt bother to go after them at 2am), and a Kabutops. Then the rest are regionals and legendaries. This event has been amazing so far and I hope they do a Johto one later on, likely when they introduce Celebi or something.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I mean, considering we're just signing our accounts in onto different devices(iPads and an iPhone), it's not really against ToS. We're just letting someone else play the game for us, which isn't really a problem.

Actually, letting someone else log into your account would be considered account sharing, which is against the terms of service. Of course, I don't think anyone really cares, as it's not giving you that massive of an advantage, like spoofing or botting, but if we're strictly speaking, it is officially considered cheating.

Not to mention I had a friend who let one of her friends in Europe sign into her account to get her Entei when it was exclusive over there. Pretty sure Niantic only cares when someone's account was stolen/lost or someone is obviously spoofing/using third party applications while playing the game.

I think it's less about Niantic not caring, and more about the fact that there's just no way to track it. For all they know, you're their with your parents, borrowing their device because you ran out of batteries. And, of course, they have to focus so much attention on stopping spoofing and the like that it would be a bit of a waste of time to try to stop account sharers.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today I saw a notification that I got an EX Pass. I opened up the game and discovered it is a time I can do. I'm just trying to set it up so that we can do it around a half hour after it starts since I have to work before it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Tuesday at like 6:50 in the morning, I opened up the game for the heck of it...and a shadow of a wild Charizard was outside! I got my coat on and all that, ecstatic in that a Charizard was near me! However the bad news was that despite looking for it for like fifteen minutes, I couldn't locate it and returned back because I didn't want to get potentially sick (it was 40 degrees during the time lol). =(

But then all that turned around as I used another Incense and a Charmeleon and a Charmander both appeared on the same session! Using a combination of Pinap Berries and Ultra Balls, I managed to catch both which was enough to evolve a Charmeleon to a Charizard of my own! Between finding a Snorlax via an Incense, a wild Hitmonlee outside (where the Charizard was around in...I caught the Pokemon the same day as the Snorlax) and now a Charizard, it feels good to finally have some very rare Kanto Pokemon!

Oh and today I managed to catch my first Solrock too. That was also fun!

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I did the rest of my raids today. I simply waited for a Tier 1 egg to hatch (it was a Bulbasaur), and went up against it multiple times, intentionally losing each time, so that I would only have to use up one raid pass. Now I'm on the final quests, but that's gonna have to wait another day since I got no Poke Balls left! I also walked my Poochyena into a Mightyena AND hatched a Spheal that was just enough candies to evolve my Sealeo into a Walrein (which I SWEAR has lower CP than Sealeo did). I got 7 10km eggs and only the infinity incubator, so that blows. I'll probably head out to a Seedot nest tomorrow, and maybe hit up a Barboach and Mudkip nest as well. Any attempts to take over gyms have been met with immediate execution by opposing teams (curse you, Mystic and Valor!!!), so I haven't been able to get any coins at all.

For you, OnceUponATime ;)
Pokedex Completion: 310
147 Kanto, 91 Johto, 72 Hoenn, 0 Sinnoh

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Actually, letting someone else log into your account would be considered account sharing, which is against the terms of service. Of course, I don't think anyone really cares, as it's not giving you that massive of an advantage, like spoofing or botting, but if we're strictly speaking, it is officially considered cheating.
No it really isn't, considering we already have our accounts signed in on them and they're just back-ups as of now. They're our devices with our accounts. It's not account sharing at all.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
No it really isn't, considering we already have our accounts signed in on them and they're just back-ups as of now. They're our devices with our accounts. It's not account sharing at all.

By the strictest interpretations, it is. The Terms of Service has you refer to the Trainer Guidelines, and there it says:

No cheating.

Don’t do it. Play fair. Pokémon GO is meant to be played on a mobile device and get you outside to explore your world! Methods of cheating, unfortunately, are limited only by cheaters’ imaginations, but include at a minimum the following: using modified or unofficial software; playing with multiple accounts (one account per player, please); sharing accounts; using tools or techniques to alter or falsify your location; or selling/trading accounts.

The definition of sharing an account would be having someone else play on your account. It doesn't matter if it's your device or not, what matters is that a person who is not you is on your account.

And look, I'm trying to tell you that you shouldn't do it, and I'm not judging you for doing it. I did it myself, once. I'm just pointing out that technically Niantic does consider it as cheating, and even lists it in the same place as spoofing, botting, and the like.