• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'm 99% sure sharing accounts means sharing account information with other people. Not letting a friend or family member play your account... on your own device. There's a clear difference there, but it's whatever tbh. It's not like I'm cheating via third party applications or lending my account to people from other countries so I can get regionals.

Anyway...

I did my second Mewtwo raid today, unfortunately my mom and brother couldn't catch him, but I managed to. It was windy weather too, and because of this he was 2817. 93% IVs as well, which is really, really good.

Did about 3 Latios raids and an Aerodactly raid as well. Caught one of the Latios and caught the Aerodactyl. I think the Latios was good and the Aerodactyl was really good. No shinies and nothing really interesting other than that. I did fill up my dex a little more by evolving Anorith into Armaldo(I used ~20 rare candies on it and then got the rest of the candies from buddy candies) and also finally registering Politoed and Porygon2 into the dex. Currently need 1 more candy for Donphan so I have Phanpy as my buddy until then.(It's a 91% Phanpy as well!) After that I'll either do Shroomish or Bagon depending on how many candies I need to get Breloom.

Also going to be getting two community day boxes tomorrow for the incubators. I'm SOOOO ready to hatch 10km Pokemon in just 1.66km!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm 99% sure sharing accounts means sharing account information with other people. Not letting a friend or family member play your account... on your own device. There's a clear difference there, but it's whatever tbh.

I'm not really seeing a difference. Even if you want to define account sharing as not giving your log-in info to others, wouldn't the point of that rule be to stop other people from playing on your account? Friends and family are other people, after all, so even if it's a family member on your device, it's still someone else playing on your account, which is what the rule is designed to prohibit, regardless of which definition we're using.

lending my account to people from other countries so I can get regionals.

Isn't that literally what you're doing though? You know someone who will be where regionals spawn, so you have them play on your account.

EnglishALT

After an hour and a half of walking, a shiny Mareep actually shows up at my apartment after I had already given up finding one! Good luck tomorrow/today everyone with the event! Also all the eggs have lower walk values, 2ks are 0.5, 5ks are 1.3, so it isn't just 10k eggs!

Vipsoccermaster

Been finding final evolved forms for the Kanto region with some luck the past few days. Found and caught a Poliwhirl, Slowbro, Raichu, Kingler, Tentacruel, Muk (from a raid), and Victreebel. This brings my Kanto total to 140/151. Eleven missing, ten of which I could get from evolving, with the only regional being Mr. Mime as it has never been in my area at any time. Used a Pinap on Moltres and Victreebel, for 12 Moltres candy and a whopping 40 Bellsprout candy, respectively. Ended the day by catching two wild Sandslash back-to-back, and hatching a Charmander (so I can prepare my incubator for reduced distance when it comes live).

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Isn't that literally what you're doing though? You know someone who will be where regionals spawn, so you have them play on your account.
it's almost like I'm not giving account information to anybody but they're just playing my device for me in the same country just in a different state, on a trip I couldn't attend

i'm not going "hey buddy from Australia here's my username and password, sign in on your device and catch me a Kangaskhan thx" literally just "hey mom take my iPad on your trip and see if you can catch me a Heracross/Corsola"

if you can't see a difference there, well, I don't know what to tell you I guess

ANYWAY; Community Day was okay-ish for me. Got 5 shiny Mareep, none of them were remotely impressive though. Almost every single Mareep I caught was below 50% with "Not likely to make much headway in battle". I lucked out with one non-shiny Mareep and got it at 84% so that was cool I guess.

Besides that I finally got a decent Squirtle to evolve into Blastoise, evolved my Phanpy into Donphan, and hatched two Beldums which allowed me to fully evolve one into Metagross. I'm like 7 candies away from getting Breloom so I swapped Bagon out yet again for Shroomish to get those candies to evolve it.

I'm beyond ready for this Kanto Event to be over though. Maybe not so much with the candies, but I'm only missing Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Articuno, and Zapdos in the Kanto dex now. Of course all of them are currently unattainable for me at the moment. I even have Steelix, Scizor, Bellossom, Politoed, Slowking, and Porygon2! So I don't exactly require anything else available from Kanto.(I think I even have 200+ candies for a majority of the Pokemon there)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
it's almost like I'm not giving account information to anybody but they're just playing my device for me in the same country just in a different state, on a trip I couldn't attend

i'm not going "hey buddy from Australia here's my username and password, sign in on your device and catch me a Kangaskhan thx" literally just "hey mom take my iPad on your trip and see if you can catch me a Heracross/Corsola"

if you can't see a difference there, well, I don't know what to tell you I guess

I really don't see a difference, but whatever. It really doesn't matter.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
First off, finally got that Solrock!

Now onto the more relevant matter of community day-

Honestly, this was my best one yet. Not to say I've had a bad one, but I actually got two shinies this time around, so I'm doubly happy! Got plenty of candy to evolve a shiny and my best IV'd normal one and then some. Hatched a Feebas, Scyther, and a Bagon and did a 1 star raid just to boost my score for step 6 of the Mew quest. Yeah, I could've lost over and over, but I didn't have the battery for it at the moment. Also got my second gold badge, not that it really matters for EX raids because I don't think one has ever spawned there, but I liked having it!

So now I finally have an Ampharos : ) Super thrilled about that. I got the amount of candies and was holding off on evolving when I heard that Mareep was going to be the community day mon lol It was a good day.

I didn't get to go out for Community Day because I was working, but I still caught some Mareep that spawned at work and was able to finally register both Flaaffy and Ampharos to my Pokedex! Also, I was shocked that the second Mareep I encountered was shiny! The only other shiny Pokemon I've found in Go is a Snorunt from December. Even though I couldn't go for a walk, I'd still call today a success since I got to register both of its evolutions and nab a shiny one.

My new Pokedex total is 323.
144 Kanto, 85 Johto, and 94 Hoenn.

Vipsoccermaster

Had a good run of Community Day for Mareep. Caught four shiny Mareep. Most I caught were bad in terms of IV, so I transferred those for extra candy. None of my shiny Mareep are great, either, but I'll take them for their shininess. Right after Community Day ended, I found and caught a shiny Pikachu by pure luck. A great way to end it off! Also hatched a few Dratini (along with one in the wild) during Community Day, and hatched another just as I am typing this post. Slowly making progress for the Dragon Tamer medal. Found and caught a wild Butterfree (and later another Metapod) and used a Pinap Berry on both of them, netting me a whopping 60 Caterpie Candy!

Pokédex is now 368 Seen, 301 Caught.
141/151 Kanto, 83/100 Johto, and 77/135 Hoenn.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I had to work one hour of the Community Event and lost out on another due to traveling and an appointment I needed to keep, so I basically only had one hour to play. Oh, and it was also raining the entire day. I mean, "Warning: Do Not Go Out!" warnings coming from Go. So I bought some incubators and started walking. Not even catching anything. Hatched 2 Trapinch, enough to skyrocket the one I already had to Flygon, 1 Chimecho, 1 Slakoth, and 1 Beldum. I was 0.3 km away from hatching another egg, but I simply ran out of time! Overall, the day was a success.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Very pleased with the announcement of a Charmander Community Day. Glad I didn't have to wait too long for that. And such a better choice than Mareep. Blast Burn Shiny Charizard, here I come!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
wow I am really actually not excited about Charmander being community day tbh

I've seen so many of them during this entire Kanto event I'm sick of them.(I even got a 91%) I guess the shiny will be nice, but other than that? eh...

Would've much rather taken Cyndaquil or Totodile tbh

Anyway, I got enough candies to evolve my Shroomish so now I have a Breloom!

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

I've seen so many of them during this entire Kanto event I'm sick of them.(I even got a 91%) I guess the shiny will be nice, but other than that? eh...

But the Shiny...

I know what you're saying, but Shiny Charizard is in my top five favorite Shiny Pokémon designs, so just the chance to get that alone has me stoked. It helps that Charizard is also my favorite of all starters too.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I used a new account on community day to try and level up quickly. The main reason being that I am trying to figure out the new API. I already figured out the new login process for trainer club accounts. I was able to get that account to level 15 during the event and now it is level 17.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I used a new account on community day to try and level up quickly. The main reason being that I am trying to figure out the new API. I already figured out the new login process for trainer club accounts. I was able to get that account to level 15 during the event and now it is level 17.

Just please do everyone a favor and don't put both accounts in gyms.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

Would've much rather taken Cyndaquil or Totodile tbh

Anyway, I got enough candies to evolve my Shroomish so now I have a Breloom!

Makes sense though. Do the starters in order with a hard to get Pokemon between them. Either way, I have yet to find a good Charmander, ever, so I'm hopeful with this event!

Don't even get me started. There was this spoofer who would put three different accounts in my local gym for a while. Wasn't even subtle with the same username only with 1, 2, or 3.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew

I don't. It is too much work to swap accounts just for gyms since I only have one phone anyway. The main time I will swap accounts is if I want to do a raid on both accounts so I'll do it with one account then logout and login to the other account. Gyms aren't even a priority for that account to begin with. I'm trying to hit level 30 with it getting minimal coins and making no purchases. I did see one person's profile in a Latios raid I did today that said Distance Walked: 30,xxx km. I know they definitely use a bot because that is more than 40km per day.

Vipsoccermaster

Caught two Beldum so far (one yesterday and one today), but I'm going to need a lot more candy. I also found and caught a wild Dragonair after the Kanto event concluded. Finally, a Gastly I caught from a reward encounter turned out to be 100%!

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I did a couple Latios raids today. The last one I got in a full group, but there was four or five people we couldn't get in so after I beat it with my main account I swapped to help them beat it. I ended up catching 2 Latios on my main account and one on my other account today.