1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

I finally got the chance to do a couple more Research tasks and earned the Breakthrough. A lot of Poke Balls later, I secured Articuno. It was the final Legendary Bird I needed. The only Kanto Pokemon I still need are Kanghaskan, Mr. Mime, Magmar, Mew, and Mewtwo.

My new Pokedex total is 327.
    146 Kanto, 85 Johto, and 96 Hoenn.

2. Erron Black

Erron Black The Pretender

I found a 100% Magikarp today in the wild

that felt nice

I also did two Mewtwo raids

one was complete trash and the other was a 91%

'twas a good day

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Nice!

Did some walking with my 10km egg... it's now up to 4.6km. Working on it a bit more tonight. Trying to get it up to around 5km.

4. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

I've been frustrated for a while because I never, never see Totodile - even during Water events like this. Because of that I've never been able to register Croconaw or Feraligatr. Since Johto's release I had only ever caught about 40 candies worth of Totodile and I never evolved one in case I caught a better one. Well, I opened Go as I was leaving work today and a Feraligatr freaking spawned in my car. I caught it and then evolved a Totodile so I was finally able to register both! The only Starter Pokemon I still need to register is Sceptile now!

My new Pokedex total is 329.
    146 Kanto, 87 Johto, and 96 Hoenn.

5. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I am so over this Water Festival.

It's like it's cancelling out the weather. It was windy earlier today, but not a single Dragon, Psychic, or Flying type showed up. It is now clear, but no Grass, Ground, or Fire types are showing up. Just Water. I am over it. This event is keeping me from being able to catch other pokemon.

6. Erron Black

Yesterday I found my 3rd Shiny Kabuto. Was quite upset it wasn't an Omanyte or Shellder, but ehh...

I also managed to get my 2nd Shiny Kyogre on the first raid of the day. It was only a 78% but it's a shiny legendary. Can't complain one bit.

Nothing very interesting beyond that. I wish that due to how long the event is they actually introduced more than just Shellder shiny. Maybe something like Carvanha or Wooper would've been nice as well.

7. WishIhadaManafi5

Lucky! I haven't even found one! Been wanting one.

Holy cow. Found a Blastoise today! It ran though :(. Did find a Magikarp, some Squirtles. Saw some Wailmer that kept on getting in the way of the Pokestop! :p And got some items and got to evolve my Squirtle into a Wartortle.

8. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

So a few minutes ago I noticed a Lapras nearby and literally ran down the street in my work clothes to a cul-de-sac where Pokemon spawn. Unfortunately the game would not place me as being in the cul-de-sac so I closed the app and reopened it. For a millisecond I see Lapras on my screen only for everything to disappear and a Shellder to spawn in its place. Got to do the pitiful sweaty walk back to my house. At least now I know for certain the PokeGods hate me.

On the plus side today I did finally get enough Mudkip and Wailmer to evolve both. I'm currently at 15 2k eggs hatched so far this event and I am hoping to get at least another 15 done before the end of this event.

9. Erron Black

Well I got my 2nd Articuno today. It's an 87% so it's pretty good!

Also ran into a Shiny Omanyte on my way home! So glad it wasn't another Kabuto! It's a 60% and now a pretty Omastar. Definitely happy about this catch. :)

10. WishIhadaManafi5

From June 8th:

The 5km egg I've been working on finally hatched today. Got a Treecko from it :). Also ran into a Squirtle and a Tauros. Hoping to go up to a Pokestop to get one of those 2km eggs from this event as well and stock up on some more items.

-------------------------------

From the 15th:

Had a nice day today. My 10km egg finally hatched and I got a Bagon. Evolved it into a Shelgon. Also found quite a few Magikarps. Got some items and a 2km egg. Very hyped for tomorrow's Community day.

Caught a Slowbro and a Poliwhirl recently. Finally got a Feebas as well.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  11. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

I finally evolved my Wailmer. If Feebas is going to be increasing in numbers soon, then maybe I'd better stop walking this one (I already logged the 20km on it) and start walking my Lombre instead. Either way, sounds like fun times are coming soon.

12. WishIhadaManafi5

Had a pretty nice Larvitar Community Day. It went over pretty well. Got quite a bit of candies, around 60 of them, a good handful of Larvitar I'm keeping. Also ran into some Squirtles and Magikarp. No shinies, but I'm not complaining. At least the server seems to be running closer to normal now.

Lucked out in the end, went back up and was able to get the rest of the candies and ended up with over 100 Larvitar candies and a really nice Tyranitar.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  13. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

Still no Lapras but yesterday I did catch a Shiny Shellder! It's my first non Community Day shiny and I'm undecided if I will evolve it because I really like the orange color. I ended up catching 2 Shiny Larvitar today and evolved one of them to Tyranitar. I also caught enough Larvitar that I was able to get a second Tyranitar which is now my highest CP Pokemon.

For anyone who doesn't have Lapras apparently there is a new Daily Quest you can get which is to evolve 2 Shellder. I'm going to go on the hunt for this tomorrow.

14. Xionea

Xionea Half a centaur

Found a shiny Shellder yesterday, though I wish I didn't evolve it because I forgot shiny Cloyster is kind of bland. Oh well.

During the Larvitar Community Event I found a shiny one on my second encounter, so I wasn't planning on going out after that since it was raining shortly before the event started and its hot and humid out. But I decided to make a couple laps around campus after while while using a Lucky Egg. Leveled up to 32 and I ended up finding a shiny Magikarp while catching Larvitar, so now I have both shiny Magikarp and shiny Gyarados to flaunt. Couldn't find any other shinies in an hour and a half, so I went back home and then as luck would have it I found 2 shiny Larvitar back to back! All of their IVs are awful, but whatever. Best Tyranitar I could get was a maxed HP/ATK one with 3333 cp total. Now I don't want to power it up anymore just so I can keep the 3333 cp lol. Caught almost 100 Larvitar during the event, so this has been the best Community Day event for me since the Dratini one, all of the other ones I weren't really able to participate in for the full event.

15. WishIhadaManafi5

Yea I just heard about that! Gonna have to try to catch some more Shellder! :)

16. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Same! Super excited as this means my mom will finally have a sure fire chance of getting one. It's the one Pokemon that she's been wanting since the game launched. Even playing since Day 2, my only Lapras came from a 10k egg last Water Festival. I'll be on the hunt for the quest tomorrow.

As for today, I'd call it a rousing success! I got 4 shiny Larvitar (1 being really good) and now have a new highest CP mon at 3200 something. I don't use my stardust very often before someone asks. Also secured a bunch of extra candies for when I do want to power them up. Also did a Marshstomp raid, realizing that was my first as I'd been waiting for a good Mudkip before I evolved anything.

Honestly, I'm happy I got anything as my phone has been going through all sorts of issues for two weeks now. I thought that updating it would make it better, but no. It made it much, much worse. At the peak of speed, I used to be in POGO in 15-20 seconds, then it fell to 30-35, and now it's 47 at the least. I backed up some other stuff and deleted it off my phone to make more room, but again, that made it worse. I can't help but think of that report several months ago saying that apple was slowing down service on their older models. That may not be the case, but I wouldn't put it past them tbh. Either way, crippling errors were abound and many times I couldn't get back in for 5-10 minutes at a time. It was really stupid. I've got to get this thing figured out.

My tech rants aside, I hope everyone had a good Community Day!

17. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

So I caught 77 Larvitar yesterday, and the first one was a shiny (don’t know about IV, but it ended up being fully powered upon capture)! Also participated in 2 Kyogre raids. Failed both. I’m sensing a theme here when it comes to legendary raids. Hope everyone had a fun time!

18. Erron Black

This community day was easily my BEST community day ever.

Ended the event with 11 shiny Larvitar and a total of 237 seen and 160 caught. Not sure what those numbers were before buuut, that's a LOT of Larvitar.

I evolved a grand total of 5 Larvitar into Tyranitar. 2 non-shiny and 3 shiny. My two non-shinies were a 3372CP at 91% and a 3310CP at 87%. My shiny Tyranitar were a 3295CP at 82%, a 3347CP at 82%, and a 2842CP at 89%.

I got REALLY lucky with those three Larvitar. All three were very good so I am very pleased with the results of the event for me!

A thing I do when it comes to powering up is I stop powering my Pokemon up when they begin to require 5,000 stardust. It takes too much atm for me to do, so I'll wait until I hit level 40 to max Pokemon out fully, but for now I limit myself to that. I'm currently powering up my 89% shiny Tyranitar, and I just finished getting my 93% shiny Kyogre to that mark and it ended up at 3349CP! Can't wait to max this one out for sure. :)

Hope everyone had a successful community day! I bet the next one will be our favorite water-type turtle. ;)

19. PkmnTrainerJ

PkmnTrainerJ Well-Known Member

My local group got together after the ball kicking ended and we battled and won against a Kyogre. Failed to catch it myself but my wife got it. Still, have a few days left.

20. WishIhadaManafi5

Was able to go up to a nearby Poke Stop and got some items and tried catching a Starmie. It fled :(... but I did catch a couple of Magikarps and I got a Shellder. The latter thanks to my phone's GPS acting up... my guy decided to stay up at the Stop longer than I did lol. I don't mind when that happens. Since it helps me to be able to get some more items (I don't go out a ton given limited cellular data) and Pokemon.

-------------------------------

Finally got a Lapras! It hatched this morning from a 2km egg and caught me off guard. It was a nice surprise.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018