• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today I caught 3 Ralts with one of them being a wonder and above level 30. I also solo'd a Machamp, but it didn't end up with good IVs so I Pinap'd it. I tried to solo Jolteon, but it seems like it absolutely cannot be solo'd unless you have sunny weather to boost Groudon. I had around 12% left and used 3 Groudon that were level 30. I did hatch a perfect Larvitar and luckily hadn't spent all the candy I got from the last event so I was able to evolve it and power it up.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I just evolved my Marshstomp, and now I have a Swampert! I also evolved my Combusken into Blaziken a few weeks ago. Right now I'm working on getting Sceptile. I just need 18 more Treecko candies! I need 80 more Swablu candies for Altaria! I just evolved my Alolan Grimer and Rattata. I also hatched an Alolan Sandshrew the other day. Someone that lives in Japan added me, so the Alolan Sandshrew that I hatched came from them via gift. I found that pretty neat. Also, I've caught two more Articuno via field research.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Haven't played in a long while, but just started getting back into this recently. About a week ago, I went to my usual spot. Didn't catch anything new, just mostly ones I had already. Saw a few Octillery, which I don't have, but ran out of balls so I couldn't catch them. Yesterday, I spent a good chunk of time cleaning house, turning all my excess Pokemon into candies and evolved what I could. This bumped me up to level 19.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ya'll this gifting future is amazing!!! So many Ultra Balls and Pinap Berries :D!!! The daily limit sucks though :(..

Unfortunately I don't have any open egg slots so no Alolan forms for me. They really need to add an option to discard eggs we don't want tbh.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
When I said strong, I was talking about level, not IVs. Let's be honest here, IVs give such a small boost that they are only important if you're looking for a trophy, or are in an extremely specific need of the extra bit of damage/HP/bulk in a battle. A low IV, but high level Salamence is still a powerful Pokémon. It takes a lot of candy and Star Dust to boost a Pokémon's level, and it takes effort to earn that candy and dust. It takes little effort to search the online trades.

Hmm, I guess I hadn't considered that. Either way, spoofers still benefit, but at least the current system still stops botters. And there would still be reason to trade with spoofers if there was no range limit, as the spoofers have bigger collections, and are likely more likely to trade them for cheap, due to how easy they got the Pokémon in the first place. They'd be like the discount store.

But if you want to trade with someone, you have to meet them face-to-face. That's where the socializing comes in.

Of course they want money, that's why they made Go in the first place. I never denied that. But look to the last word sentence you said, and replace "spend money on items" with "spend the time." Both statements would be true. While Niantic wants your money, they also want you to play the game in the first place. Whenever I called something game-breaking, what I meant was that it's something that would lead to you spending less time playing the game, and to Niantic, that means less money.

And, just because they want money, doesn't mean they don't want other things. They've made clear that they have the goal of getting people to go outside and interact with each other. The fact that they want to make money, just as any other company does, does not mean that they don't care about anything else.

Sorry, not sure I'm seeing what you want to say.

Better local black markets than global ones.
1) IVs matter a LOT in gyms/raids. Poor IV Salamence won't last nearly as long as a decent or high IV one at all. I've got a 56% Dragonite that just gets demolished by anything and doesn't put out much damage compared to my 84% that actually does a good amount of damage and can tank noticeably longer.

Plus, I literally said they ALREADY have blockers for distributing powerful Pokemon so easily. You can't receive Pokemon with levels higher than your trainer level, CP and IVs are also randomized.

2) Spoofers don't benefit AT ALL. Literally how is it hard to realize that "Oh, I can get regionals and rarer Pokemon much easier now that I can trade with anyone anywhere." It would destroy the supposed 'spoofer black market'. Why would you contact a spoofer to trade when you can literally go online to forums like this and see if anyone has the Pokemon you're looking for and if they're willing to trade? It'd literally be no different than version exclusives in the main series games or trading with people worldwide in the main series games. I don't understand where this 'fear' of a spoofer black market comes from when you could literally trade with anyone in the world rather than just people 100m away from you. Spoofer black market is more likely NOW than it would be with worldwide trading

3) There's more socializing in getting to know dozens of people around the world than there is walking up to someone you already know to trade for Pokemon you probably both have anyway.

4) How would allowing people to trade worldwide cause people to spend less time on the game? If anything it'd make me spend more time trying to catch Pokemon to trade with more people. Right now it's just not worth it unless it's for Pokedex entries.

I'm literally saying the spoofer black market fear is moot because you can literally trade with anyone, anywhere. Only people with half a brain would contact a spoofer to trade rather than get on a site like Reddit or even here.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
1) IVs matter a LOT in gyms/raids. Poor IV Salamence won't last nearly as long as a decent or high IV one at all. I've got a 56% Dragonite that just gets demolished by anything and doesn't put out much damage compared to my 84% that actually does a good amount of damage and can tank noticeably longer.

This really is a completely separate argument, and one I am not well-prepared to debate for. All I can really say is that a powerful Pokémon like Dragonite or Salamce can still be good battler at high levels, even with average IVs. Sure, a 50% won't be as good as a 100%, but it's not worthless either.

Plus, I literally said they ALREADY have blockers for distributing powerful Pokemon so easily. You can't receive Pokemon with levels higher than your trainer level, CP and IVs are also randomized.

The CP only changes in accordance with the IVs. The Pokémon's level remains the same, if the trainer receiving the Pokémon is a high enough level. And even if the level is lowered for a lower level trainer, it will still have the maximum power that that trainer can have, making it a powerful Pokémon for them. Sure, a level 30 trainer can't get a level 40 Pokémon, but level 30 is still powerful, and they're still saving effort, candy, and Stardust by doing the trade.

2) Spoofers don't benefit AT ALL. Literally how is it hard to realize that "Oh, I can get regionals and rarer Pokemon much easier now that I can trade with anyone anywhere." It would destroy the supposed 'spoofer black market'. Why would you contact a spoofer to trade when you can literally go online to forums like this and see if anyone has the Pokemon you're looking for and if they're willing to trade? It'd literally be no different than version exclusives in the main series games or trading with people worldwide in the main series games. I don't understand where this 'fear' of a spoofer black market comes from when you could literally trade with anyone in the world rather than just people 100m away from you. Spoofer black market is more likely NOW than it would be with worldwide trading
I'm literally saying the spoofer black market fear is moot because you can literally trade with anyone, anywhere. Only people with half a brain would contact a spoofer to trade rather than get on a site like Reddit or even here.

The thing is, you have no idea if the person you're trading with is a spoofer or not. All you'll be doing is looking for someone with the Pokémon you want, and that will give you the best deal. And spoofers will naturally have a larger supply of Pokémon worth trading, and because of how easy it was for them to get it, they'll likely trade it for cheaper than someone who put a lot of time and effort into catching/training the same thing. Whether you know it or not, spoofers and botters would greatly benefit, and people would end up with illegitimate Pokémon without knowing.

As for the black market, there will always be someone who wants some rare and powerful Pokémon, but has nothing to trade for it. Some of those people, for whatever their reason, will be willing to pay to get those Pokémon. The market will be there. Maybe it won't be gigantic, but spoofing and botting players will be making money off of it.

3) There's more socializing in getting to know dozens of people around the world than there is walking up to someone you already know to trade for Pokemon you probably both have anyway.

You're not really getting to know people when all you're doing is telling them what you want and what you can give in return. At lest with the current system you're actually talking to them. Besides, the type of socializing Niantic cares about is real-life interactions, not virtual ones.

4) How would allowing people to trade worldwide cause people to spend less time on the game? If anything it'd make me spend more time trying to catch Pokemon to trade with more people. Right now it's just not worth it unless it's for Pokedex entries.

I've already said why. Online trading would be so easy that it would easier to browse trades on the couch than get out and actually catch stuff yourself. When given two options, people tend pick easier one. Yes, you would do some playing to get stuff to trade with in the first place, but in the end, you'd be only doing the minimum needed, so that you can save yourself as much effort as possible.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Friend leveling seems to be doing ok on my end. It helped me to move up to level 24. Working on hatching a 10km egg. Finally got it up to a bit over 2km today.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I caught a Slakoth today which was nothing special, but then, a minute later, I found a random Ralts! And THEN, a few minutes later, I noticed another Ralts on the radar! However, I was a passenger in a car, so I wasn't able to go get the second one. I could've gotten 12 Ralts candies today...:(. I hatched an Alolan egg and make good progress on a second (7 Alolan eggs I need to get rid of before Community Day, bleh). I also got someone to trade me their Absol, so now I don't have to worry about that research or raid anymore. And I got another EX-Raid pass, and this time it's at a reasonable time. I found another Lotad, and there was another supposedly nearby when my game crashed. Somebody knocked out my gym Pokemon at literally 3:00am sharp this morning. Who does that? Oh well, they defended that gym for 9 hours, so I'm not complaining.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Did a bit of traveling and got another Treecko and I finally got a Shroomish! Planning on doing some more walking today with my 10km egg.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I got around to put a Kangaskhan in a Gym and I got a Staryu from the Research. I'm almost up to the 7-day catching streak and I'm currently on a 5-day Pokéstop streak. I walked quite a lot with Eevee, getting it from 1.2 km to 2.5 km and hopefully I will get another candy soon. I didn't catch any new Pokémon today as I recall.

Drummerdude

So far I have hatched 5 7K eggs and hatched 3 Sandshrew and 2 Meowth. Honestlty the fact that Alolan Rattata can hatch from a 7k egg makes me not even want them. However I do have a new goal which is to hatch nine 10k eggs at the same time. It's going to take quite a bit to collect the eggs but I'm not going to stress about it too much.

I feel like I am in a weird place with this game. I very rarely (as in maybe once a week) see a Pokemon I need for candies and quite frankly I find gyms/raids boring. I just don't have much incentive to go out and play when I know all I am going to see are Pidgey/Rattata/Natu etc.

Also I am super disappointed that we are getting Snorlax from the Research in July and the first global reward is Articuno. I'm sure people that do not have Snorlax are thrilled but I was hoping for one of the Legendary beasts instead.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
So far I have hatched 5 7K eggs and hatched 3 Sandshrew and 2 Meowth. Honestlty the fact that Alolan Rattata can hatch from a 7k egg makes me not even want them. However I do have a new goal which is to hatch nine 10k eggs at the same time. It's going to take quite a bit to collect the eggs but I'm not going to stress about it too much.

I feel like I am in a weird place with this game. I very rarely (as in maybe once a week) see a Pokemon I need for candies and quite frankly I find gyms/raids boring. I just don't have much incentive to go out and play when I know all I am going to see are Pidgey/Rattata/Natu etc.

Also I am super disappointed that we are getting Snorlax from the Research in July and the first global reward is Articuno. I'm sure people that do not have Snorlax are thrilled but I was hoping for one of the Legendary beasts instead.

Ugh, I feel you with the Alolan Rattata. Who wants to walk 7k for a freaking Rattata? I know I don't, but I only have Meowth right now, so I have try for the other three anyway.

I'm a little underwhelmed by Snorlax, but when I told my mom it was Snorlax she was thrilled. I forget that there are people who are actively still joining and trying to catch up to the rest of us. So while I'm surprised, I'm not inherently disappointed. Can totally understand why you among others would be though. Perhaps they'll cycle back in at some point.

As for right now, I'm planning on heading to campus soon for Regice raids. I also promised a user a Corsola so I don't think I'll be able to get a Volbeat or a Torkoal that one guy got because of the 1 a day thing. Womp.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Anyone having a problem with finding any Alolan Exeggutors? Haven't found one yet. Apart from seeing them in gyms. Been seeing some Alolan Rattatas though. Also threw out some items and got some more gifts today. Was able to get one last night to send to a friend so that was nice. :)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Kind of a funny story. Early this morning I randomly clicked a Roselia, which was the only Pokémon in the area. Normally I don't bother to catch Roselia, but I decided to catch it for no reason this time, and it turned out to be Shiny. Since I hadn't been on the internet yet, I didn't yet know that Shiny Roselia was even released yet. I also didn't know that the Shiny encounter rate was boosted for it either, so I got super excited thinking that this was my first legitimate Shiny. I was bummed to find out this wasn't the case. Still an interesting story.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Anyone having a problem with finding any Alolan Exeggutors? Haven't found one yet. Apart from seeing them in gyms. Been seeing some Alolan Rattatas though. Also threw out some items and got some more gifts today. Was able to get one last night to send to a friend so that was nice. :)

Is Alolan Exeggutor available right now? I thought it was only available for 3 days before they begin the rainbow weather effect.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Is Alolan Exeggutor available right now? I thought it was only available for 3 days before they begin the rainbow weather effect.
I thought so too. But I found some stuff on Reddit where it seemed as if it came back during late June.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...estly_i_could_just_be_dumb_but_i_havent_seen/

Someone in this thread is saying they're still around, only now they're as rare as Snorlax.

Thing is, they've always been that rare for me. Outside of seeing them in gyms. I haven't seen ONE in the wild. Even during that event.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
After 3 weeks of missing out on it in raids, i finally managed to get a Mawile.

It managed to get out of 3 Pokeballs, but i managed it 4th time :)

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I went to open a gift today, it said my bag was full, so I emptied some stuff out, but when I went to get my gift again, it was gone. Thinking this is a bug as I've run into this issue before and have gotten my gifts after I delete stuff from my bag.

Anyone else running into this issue?

Did a bit of walking today, but not a lot as it's too hot to do much.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I went to open a gift today, it said my bag was full, so I emptied some stuff out, but when I went to get my gift again, it was gone. Thinking this is a bug as I've run into this issue before and have gotten my gifts after I delete stuff from my bag.

Anyone else running into this issue?

Did a bit of walking today, but not a lot as it's too hot to do much.

Haven't encountered that one, but I'm currently being affected by the friend glitch really really bad. I've gifted to people at least 5 days in a row and I'm still stuck at good friend without any progress made into the next circle. Same for my mom, which shows we are great friends, but I'm stuck at 4 days for some reason. I've traded and tried to fix it myself, but nothing has helped so far.