• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm having a hard time with branched evolutions. I keep getting Wurmple that evolve into Cascoon and Eevee that evolve into one of the original Eeveelutions.
I ran into issues with that as well. Try evolving one before 2pm (anything from 1pm backwards will evolve into a Silcoon). Anything after 2pm will evolve into a Cascoon.

As for Eevee, that's random. Here's how to get one of each.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Which time zone are you referring to?
General. It was eastern for me. When did you try to evolve yours at? It would be before 2pm in your time zone for Silcoon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Me, I'm in central time.
Ah. So for you, 1pm your time, would be 2pm mine.

Finally ran into a Gastly last night. First one that I've seen since Halloween. As in one spawning nearby. Evolved it into a Haunter.

Last edited:

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
RIght now I'm feeling pretty angry at one of the leaders in a Facebook group I'm in. They didn't check Facebook when I posted 15 minutes ahead of time and did 1 raid without me. Then near the end we said the last one will be at a certain gym so I go there and they went to a different one with the group. They claim it was an honest mistake, but I don't buy it considering the group's title and the fact every time I have done a series of raids with them it is done poorly. They backed out of a raid without telling me and it had just hit 4 so I couldn't get in the new lobby after I had wasted a premium pass. I was able to complete 6 raids and didn't get any shinies.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
After saving up a ton of coins (and buying a few) I ended up doing 14 raids for Articuno. Bad news is I didn't find a shiny, which kinda sucks, not gonna lie, but I prepared myself for that possibility and I'm not overly bummed out over it. Good news is that I effectively earned 450,000 ish experience, which is pretty great, considering I leveled up to 35 yesterday. So now I'm 31% through my current level!

Vipsoccermaster

Managed to do only six Articuno raids. No shiny encountered, but I caught four of them and managed to use all of the free passes (including the one from a previous day) today, so I didn't use a Premium Pass (I only have one in inventory still). Ran two hours worth of Lucky Eggs, so I managed to get over 400,000 XP today, including some random evolutions, so it was a good amount of XP. Just a little over 850,000 XP to hit level 38.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
So I only did six Articuno raids today. No shinies (a recurring theme, it seems), but I didn't care. I caught five of them. Also managed to gold my electric medal and I'm only 5 fairies away from golding that. I had my lucky egg on for 5 of those raids, so that's a good 200,000 my way, plus an extra 20,000 for the final raid, plus all the EXP I earned catching stuff and spinning stops while still having that lucky egg going (also had an incense and Stardust going). Out of those 6 raids, I got 24 Rare Candies, 1 Fast TM, and 2 Charge TMs. I spent money on the Ultra Box today, so tomorrow I should hopefully be able to sneak some incubators on while at work before heading off to the local gathering. Hopefully I'll get a lot of 10km eggs, but I'll probably just get 2km eggs. I'm more concerned about hatching as many eggs in 2 hours as possible over catching Squirtles, but I'll still look out for them.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
So I only did six Articuno raids today. No shinies (a recurring theme, it seems), but I didn't care. I caught five of them. Also managed to gold my electric medal and I'm only 5 fairies away from golding that. I had my lucky egg on for 5 of those raids, so that's a good 200,000 my way, plus an extra 20,000 for the final raid, plus all the EXP I earned catching stuff and spinning stops while still having that lucky egg going (also had an incense and Stardust going). Out of those 6 raids, I got 24 Rare Candies, 1 Fast TM, and 2 Charge TMs. I spent money on the Ultra Box today, so tomorrow I should hopefully be able to sneak some incubators on while at work before heading off to the local gathering. Hopefully I'll get a lot of 10km eggs, but I'll probably just get 2km eggs. I'm more concerned about hatching as many eggs in 2 hours as possible over catching Squirtles, but I'll still look out for them.

I'd have to agree. Today has kind of burned me out in that I can't believe Community Day is tomorrow. If I find a shiny Squirtle, awesome, but I'm more focused on getting these Alolan eggs out of my inventory.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I just put over 100 Pokemon into the meat grinder to make space. I'll be trying to use Go Plus as much as I can tomorrow, but the place I'm going to is also a fairy nest, and I still need those 5 fairy types, so I'll have the game up occasionally, so I also tidied up my inventory to make space for a lot of balls (currently only have 59 balls). I feel bad for saying this, but I might have to delete a substantial amount of Max Potions, Revives, Max Revives, Incense, TMs, Star Pieces, and Golden Razz Berries. Also, just got 7830 EXP for my first catch of the day (my 212th Natu)!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So during the Squirtle Community Day I caught about 10 Squirtle so I got to finally evolve my only Wartortle into Blastoise after transferring all of those Squirtles. No shinies nor any Sunglasses Squirtle unfortunately. I caught several more Sunglasses Pikachu so I got the Bronze Pikachu Medal. I also battled and took a Gym and put a Kangaskhan in it. Unfortunately no one else put their Pokémon in so it returned after a few hours and I got 11 coins from it.

Boy, a lot has happened since I last updated. I had never been out of the U.S. before, but I'm staying in Salzburg, Austria, for three weeks (just finished my first week). Because of this, I was finally able to catch and register Mr. Mime and Volbeat to my PokeDex. I also was traded a Magmar from a friend, allowing me to register it. Other Pokemon I've registered in the last week include Sceptile, Breloom,Wailord, Slaking, and Scizor.

I'm so fortunate that the 2 day Corsola event coincided with my stay. I was finally about to nab a bunch and register it.

In addition to new species, I've gotten a bunch of new Formes. I have finally caught Rain Castforme, and the Alolan Formes of Sandshrew, Sandslash, Meowth, Persian, Grimer, and Muk. The only Alolan Formes I still need from the Eggs are Vulpix and Ninetails.

Yesterday, I was completely surprised when I hatched a shiny Togepi. It's one of my favorite things that's happened to me in Go.

Today during Community Day, I caught 400+ candies worth of Squirtle throughout Salzburg. I ended up with 2 shiny regular Squirtle, and 3 shiny sunglasses Squirtle, which I evolved so I can have a sunglasses Forme of each member of the Squirtle line.

Lastly, I have *finally* progressed to step 5 of the Mew Research. All I need now is to scout out 10 Ghost-type Pokemon and I'll be on to step 6 (I was worried it would take forever for me to find a Ditto, but I found one within an hour of moving on to step 5).

My new Pokedex total is 339.
148 Kanto, 89 Johto, and 102 Hoenn.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Only ran into a small amount of Squirtles during community day. Grateful to have had the amount of Squirtle candy on hand from the water festival. If not for that, I wouldn't have been able to evolve my Wartortle into Blastoise. No shiny sunglasses Squirtle or regular shiny Squirtle. Glad to get one sunglasses Squirtle though.

Anyone else running into less Community Day Pokemon this month?

Drummerdude

During Community Day I ended up catching an obnoxious amount of Squirtle but only 1 regular Shiny and 1 Shiny with glasses. I may leave the regular shiny as a Squirtle but evolve the glasses shiny into Blastoise. I also hit Lv31 today so I suppose that is pretty cool too. Lastly I have 3 10k eggs now so I am third of the way to my goal of having all 10k eggs in my inventory.

Guess I should also mention I hatched my first Alolan Rattata today. I'm at the point where I don't collect gifts unless my egg inventory is full. No sense wasting a potential 10k slot with a 7k Meowth/Rattata. I'm sure I'll try to get Alolan Grimer and Vulpix once I'm done with my 10k hunt.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Community Day still technically has another 30 minutes here, but it's hot and I can't be bothered to keep walking anymore lest I die of heatstroke. However overall this Community Day has been a lot more lucky for me than most. Honestly, the last GOOD Community Day for me was Dratini. But this one I ended up getting 9 shinies: 6 normal and 3 sunglasses Squirtle. Getting the 3 shiny sunglasses Squirtle and at least 3 normal ones were the goals of this event for me so I could have one of each evolution as a shiny. Got most of them no problem, but getting the 3rd sunglasses shiny was tough because I went through every single Pokestop on campus and had to resort to the last couple on the walk to work and pray one of those gave me a shiny. I wasn't gonna gonna go walk half a mile to the next closest Pokestop lol. Thankfully the second to last Pokestop I checked got me my shiny, so I got all I needed and then some. Hopefully I can use those extra shinies as trade fodder for other shinies I couldn't get, like Bulbasaur.

Overall, awesome Community Day. I'm curious what the next one will be. I'm guessing Ralts judging by the patterns, but I may not be thinking of a more obvious one. If it is Ralts, I'll be a tiny bit disappointed cause those are kinda common here, but I definitely won't say no to shiny Ralts being available, or really any shiny for that matter.

1,000th post, woo!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Well my first community day was a big success :D!!!

Edit: Does anybody know how to post smaller pics?? I just went to the attach image section and it's this big.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Another Community Day in the bag. I did something I haven't done since the Dratini CD--do it outside. It's been so dang hot that going outside was just impractical. Today, however, turned out to be perfect for just long enough to get some stuff done before it turned into an oven at the end. While that means I didn't run into as many Pokestops and, unfortunately, didn't get a shiny sunglasses Squirtle. I did get sunglasses for each form, so that was cool! My shiny luck for this CD was also lessened greatly, finding only 1 shiny Squirtle, but at that point, I was just happy to have one. Funnily enough, I got two shinies today, but the other shiny was a Duskull (which I didn't have the shiny form of) so that was awesome!

What I was really excited for was the incubator buff. I hatched SO many eggs and got rid of all the Alolan eggs that had been taking up my storage space. Somehow, I hatched one of everything, so now I no longer need Alolan eggs at all! I just need to fill up the space with normal eggs before I can open gifts again. Mercifully, only 1 Rattata. Granted, that's more Rattata than should be in eggs at all, but I'll count my blessings.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
So...today was a bust. Oh sure, I got a few shinies, someone pointed out a Poke Stop that gave out a task that guaranteed a Shiny Sunglasses Squirtle, I got a few non-shiny Sunglasses Squirtle, I got hundreds of thousands of EXP (I was level 32 only a couple days ago, and now I'm only 200,000 exp away from level 34!), but today was supposed to be about the 10km eggs...and I only got a couple during the 2.5 hours I was playing. I kept spinning 5km eggs that hatched into something common like Shellder or Eevee, and 2km eggs that hatched into nothing I wanted (yay...Krabby). I only got 3 10km eggs out of around 40, and those turned into 2 Trapinch and a Dratini, neither of which I needed. So that was disappointing. I used my suddenly big stockpile of Rare Candies to evolve my Lombre and Feebas, so now Metang is my Buddy Pokemon. Hopefully the next community day will be either Beldum or Ralts. I heard that there may be another "Raid Day" involving Moltres or Zapdos, but I also think people keep forgetting that for this Raid Day, we had 1 hour Lucky Eggs and double EXP going on, and I don't know if either of those will be in effect for future Raid Days. People need to keep their expectations in check.