1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

The triple catch XP, triple hatch XP, double raid XP, and one hour Lucky Eggs end on Monday, July 9, 2018 at 1:00 PM PDT. So no, we will not have XP for future raid events if they are to go by the likes of Articuno. We got Candy for GO Fest next weekend, and then Stardust for the event in early September.

As for Community Day, weather was cool for the first half, then it got really hot in the second half. I ended up with 14 Sunglasses Squirtle, two of which were shiny. I caught four normal shiny Squirtle out in the wild, too, so that was good. The best thing that happened was that I managed to catch a 100% Squirtle and I then evolved that into Blastoise to get Hydro Cannon, even though I don't care much for exclusive moves. Just for the special occasion, I suppose.

As for Alolan Eggs, I still need Alolan Vulpix.

2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

At least you got some shinies. I ended up with none of either. :(

3. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Can't tell if heavily laced with sarcasm or just extremely ironic.

If it makes you feel any better, I hatched a Mareep and a Larvitar (jury's still out on the last one, I gotta get some distance on that today). I couldn't even keep my egg inventory filled and not for a lack of trying. The stops just would not give me any eggs so now I have to hold off on the gifts because I don't want my inventory flooded with 7ks again. Honestly, I'd could go for some Trapinch because I want a good one before I evolve one. But for real, I'd say you got a lot of progress done, so I wouldn't call that a bust.

So we should find out August's Community Day mon soon. 98% of my raid group think it's Ralts, which I could see. I was hoping more for Trapinch, but I could also see Beldum or Bagon. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

4. Playful Latios

Playful Latios @Soul Dew

I didn't get any Squirtle because I had to work. I evolved a Wartortle on break after the event started.

5. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

Lol, why can't it be both? I do appreciate what good did come from the event. It's just that, if I go into an event hoping for something and I didn't get it, then I'm going to feel disappointed, even if other good things did happen. That's all. I also read on reddit that some other people were noticing a drop in egg frequency from Poke Stops during the event, so maybe that's a thing and contributed? Personally, I'm hoping for Ralts, since I still need a bajillion candies for Kirlia, and I suppose I should start stocking up on surplus candies for Gallade. I wouldn't mind Beldum, though. These 40 Beldum candies are going to be a real pain to get through.

They're all dead, Jim. I killed them all. Even a perfect Blastoise would have never seen the light of day in a gym and would've just clogged my storage space, so I slaughtered them all. The women and the children, too. They're with Arceus now.

6. Cometstarlight

Yeah, I just came back from a walk and got two eggs total. I spun 14 or so stops and it was never this hard to get eggs previously. So now I'm still holding off on gifts because I got all the Alolan forms yesterday and don't need 8 spots of only 7k eggs.

As for Ralts, I agree. It's the only other mon that I really need candy for. Walking Ralts for that 5k per 1 piece of candy has been a bit slow, but I'm holding off on rare candy until August is announced. Don't want to have another Mareep incident.

7. Erron Black

Erron Black The Pretender

Hatched a bunch of eggs and managed to get a 91% Dratini and a 98% Alolan Grimer. Still need Alolan Vulpix... These hatch rates are terrible and I really hate the 7km eggs. Especially since they added Rattata to them. Like, really? The one I can just walk outside and catch is in a 7km egg??? They should've just had Meowth and Rattata spawn in the overworld and put Sandshrew/Vulpix/Grimer in 5km or 2km eggs.

Also nabbed a 91% Feebas the other day, and I'm almost at the 20km needed to evolve it into Milotic.

Not sure if I've mentioned it already, but I encountered a 100% Pikachu and a 100% Jynx from research AND found a wild 100% Roselia. Evolved Pikachu into Raichu. Now I have: Azurill, Regice, Gyarados, Swampert, Jynx, Raichu, Roselia, and Pinsir at 100%. I won't evolve Azurill purely because of how rare that is and Azumarill isn't even that good anyway. That Roselia is going to be an amazing Roserade come Gen 4 though.

Articuno Day was great, I did a total of... 16 Articuno Raids? Caught 12 of them and 1 was a shiny! My highest Articuno from raids was an 89%, meanwhile I got one from research at 91%, so all in all, the candies and the shiny made it a really successful day.(Accrued over 100 candies)

Community day was... ehh... Only ended with 6 total. 3 regular and 3 with sunglasses. So I did manage to get a shiny of each stage, so it wasn't too bad. The problem was that Researches bugged out big time and would force me to close out and reopen almost every time I turned one in. I did really like how researches were encounters for the Pokemon instead of random items. I hope they continue with this so that people can actually get chances at a really good Pokemon featured during Community Day. I didn't get a single good one outside of research, so I'm glad I kept a 93% Squirtle for this event. Ended with 2 shiny Blastoise with Hydro Cannon, one normal and one with sunglasses, and 2 regular Blastoise with Hydro Cannon, one normal and one sunglasses.

Also someone has stumbled upon a pattern in the community day featured Pokemon. They said after Pikachu the pattern has been 10km hatched Pokemon followed by a starter, in dex order. Which really does make sense. So they've come up with a 'prediction list' which seems likely imo. Either way we won't really know until August's is revealed.

But if you care for the list here it is:
    August: Ralts (Moonblast/Fairy Wind)
    September: Chikorita (Frenzy Plant)
    October: Slakoth (Giga Impact/Body Slam)
    November: Cyndaquil (Blast Burn)
    December: Trapinch (Draco Meteor)
    January: Totodile (Hydro Cannon)
    February: Bagon (Outrage/Dragon Rush)
    March: Treecko (Frenzy Plant)
    April: Beldum (Meteor Mash)
    May: Torchic (Blast Burn)
    June: (Depends on Gen 4)
    July: Mudkip (Hydro Cannon)

It's not a bad list imo, and I even put little guesses as to what the Pokemon's exclusive move would be. Also if we keep getting days like Articuno Day, then we'd probably see Zapdos for August and Moltres in September.

Either way, these are great ways to keep us occupied until Gen 4 starts to drop.

8. WishIhadaManafi5

Ha ha :p. It's been too long since I've seen a shiny. At that point myself. Almost all Squirtles were sacrificed, minus the sunglasses one.

9. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

I couldn't really play today and now I've got all these people sending gifts to me and I can't open them because I have empty spaces in my egg section and now everyone's going to hate me forever...! Also, should I use the rest of my Super Incubators on 5km eggs, or should I reserve those only for 10km eggs and use only my lone infinite incubator for everything else (the only thing I need from 5km eggs is one Wynaut)?

Also, while I'm here and it's late and I'm bored, has anyone made new friends/acquaintances in real life with the friend feature? I've made 2, and I've got a couple more forming, which is pretty cool. Also, when you meet up with people for raids and stuff, do you go by your real name, or do you prefer they address you by your username? I, for one, actually kinda like my username and think it's really cool when I have other people address me by it (it's not my real name or a misspelling of it followed by 1234, my birth year, or my current age; it's actually a proper first and last name).

10. WishIhadaManafi5

Ran into and caught a Vulpix today and a Jumpluff. Also got some items from Poke Stops.

-----------------------------

Caught some new guys today! A Baltoy, a Snorlax (as I finally got the rest of the Weather related catches done), a Ponyta, a Treecko and a Seedot. Also caught another Pikachu which I released for some more Pikachu candy. Caught a family of Rattata (CP 10, CP 36 and one that was over 100 CP, guessed that the largest one was one of the two other's parents). Visited a new Poke Stop today and it finally got the one research to show up right (as in 1 out of 2 Poke Stops I haven't visited before).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  11. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

So I finally caught an Alolan Rattata today! So yeah, I caught my first Alolan form. I used up some of my many Rattata candies to evolve it into Alolan Raticate. But it's not just Alolan Rattata that I caught that was new, I caught both Makuhita and Hariyama and I caught a Lairon near my local shopping centre. I managed to put a Clefable in a Gym but unfortunately a Raid Egg appeared too soon. And there was another Gym that was clear but unfortunately I didn't get there on time...

12. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I tried your tip at 10:52 AM, I STILL got a Cascoon!!

13. WishIhadaManafi5

14. Mega Altaria

So I evolved one of my Sunglasses Pikachu into Raichu and fortunately it had good IVs. I got Clefable back and I got 50 coins from it. I caught some more new Pokémon today, like Xatu, Linoone, Electrike and Slakoth. I took on a Wailmer raid, defeated it easily with Raichu and I caught it. I did a Jolteon raid but unfortunately no one was around so I ran out of time. I then finally completed the third section of A Mythical Discovery. I also got a new Pokémon from evolution today, which was Exploud.

15. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

Today through having Shelgon as my Buddy I was able to get enough candies to register Salamence. I also caught 2 wild Feebas, which gave me enough to register Milotic (I walked the kilometers months ago when I first got my very first Feebas). I also now have each of Alolan Geodude, Graveler, Golem, and Diglett. I'm waiting to get a stronger Alolan Diglett to evolve into Dugtrio. Dugtrio and Ninetales are the only Alolan Formes I still need. Finally, while walking today I captured a shiny Plusle! Now I'm excited to adventure out and find shiny Minun!

I need to find one. more. Ghost. type. Pokemon. to move on to the next step in the Mew Research.

My new Pokedex total is 341.
    148 Kanto, 89 Johto, and 104 Hoenn.

Cometstarlight likes this.
  16. Cometstarlight

Congrats!! I'm hoping to get a shiny Plusle or Minun too! I did catch a really good Magmar this morning (15 iv in attack) so now I'm saving that for Gen 4! It's right around 2084 cp I that was interesting lol

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  17. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

Had an absolutely crazy morning in Pokemon Go. I caught a Slakoth which is pretty rare for me and I can always use the candies. Then I went to my usual Community Day spot because I had noticed the diversity of the spawning Pokemon. Immediately I captured 2 Shiny Plusle back-to-back which was cool. There was also an Absol raid which I still need but I knew I couldn't do it solo so I began walking around. Not long after I noticed a Red Gym get taken by a van of Blue players so I rushed back to the Absol raid in hopes they would take it on....which they did. I was able to join up and managed to capture Absol on my first throw! Before I left and cleared a few of my Research Tasks to do my part for Willow's challenge and got a Shiny Bulbasaur from a challenge! I didn't care about the Community Days until the Mareep day so I did not have a Shiny Bulbasaur. When I returned to my car I managed to find and capture 3 Shiny Minun back-to-back-to-back! 6 Shinies in the span of about 40 minutes!!

As if that wasn't enough I decided to check out a gym on my home at a red light (Don't play Pokemon Go and drive kids seriously) and noticed a Mawile Raid going on with 2 minutes left. I managed to drive over to it with about 40 seconds left and was able to clear it solo. I got 14 Premier Balls to throw and it took 11 to catch it because it kept swinging its freaking head around almost constantly. I was excited because I had a Mawile that I traded to my brother to help his Pokedex before we realized you couldn't trade the same Pokemon back. So yeah I had a good morning.

Unfortunately I did not get any 10k eggs today. I'm sitting on 4 right now. The problem I am running into is that I pretty much only get 2k eggs which I will not waste any incubators on besides my infinite incubator so it takes some time to hatch because it's either raining all day or it's almost 100 degrees out.

Cometstarlight likes this.
  18. DreInTheSky

DreInTheSky Member

Today has been a nice day for my Pokedex:
    • hatched a Bagon (although I missed around 15 candies to evolve my buddy into Salamence, the same happened in the past with Trapinch and Larvitar right before the community day), so I got Shelgon and then Salamance; at least now I can walk with Pineco and tr to evolve it!
    • caught a shiny Plusle (still no Minun though);
    • caught Alolan Diglett (already evolved) and Alolan Geodude (still missing around 40 candies):
    • hatched a Chimecho! I was really surprised when I saw it, I was expecting another bagon/trapinch/pokemon I don't need~

It's a shame I'm saving the coins to expand the pokemon storage, but it's almost full; I would rather get another incubator, unfortunately my Dragonite didn't came back today as I was expecting.
    I was hoping to get Torkoal and at least one Unown but apparently they haven't been included in the Global Challenge.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  19. WishIhadaManafi5

Finally got an Alolan Exeggutor and saw the shadow of a Magmar. Got some items and gifts at a Poke Stop.

20. Mega Altaria

So I had a good opportunity to get Alolan forms the last time I played. I deposited three Pokémon into three separate Gyms, but Raichu was kicked out from one of them too soon unfortunately. I now have all of the middle evolutions of the Hoenn starters because the Hoenn starter spawn rates have increased drastically as well as Alolan forms, Plusle and Minun. I caught a couple of Alolan Geodude, Alolan Diglett and one Alolan Exeggutor. And I caught a shiny Plusle!

WishIhadaManafi5 and DreInTheSky like this.