• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I had a good day despite not getting any shinies. I did 4 Lugia raids and caught all of them with one of them yielding 9 Rare Candy. I solo'd a couple Machamp and was able to catch them with Pinap Berry. I caught around 15 Trapinch which never spawn here even in the sunny weather. This enabled me to finally get Flygon. I caught around the same amount of Feebas and Lotad which are very rare spawns in the correct weather and it was partly cloudy today. I got another 10 Exeggutor or so, but none were wonders. I did hatch a Feebas as well so I could evolve my perfect one. An Eevee I got as a research reward had perfect attack and defense so I took my chances and got a Flareon like I wanted. I then promptly powered it up to level 30, although I will probably take it higher. I traded with one of my friends to get a nonshiny sunglasses Squirtle since I missed that community day due to work and gave them a Lapras since they wanted it and didn't have one. I also traded him a level 33 Aerodactyl since it had bad IVs and its IVs got to 60-70% range.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Does anyone know if they boosted Roselia's Shiny rate again for Go Fest? I found a Shiny Roselia today, and I can't find anything anywhere saying that Roselia has boosted Shiny rates for Go Fest, only the Safari Zone. Honestly, I hope it is boosted right now, because I really don't want my first legitimate Go Shiny to be something I already have a handful of from an event.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I didn't catch as many Alolan forms today and Pokémon in general too because I was running out of Poké Balls. So I went to my local park which has a lot of Pokéstops and I began to replenish by Poké Ball stock. I evolved a couple more Pokémon today and I got Shiftry, Piloswine and Alolan Graveler. I also did put Raichu into a Gym but the same unlucky fate still happened to it. And finally, I caught a shiny Minun! Unfortunately I didn't encounter any more shiny Plusle and Minun.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I didn't catch as many Alolan forms today and Pokémon in general too because I was running out of Poké Balls. So I went to my local park which has a lot of Pokéstops and I began to replenish by Poké Ball stock. I evolved a couple more Pokémon today and I got Shiftry, Piloswine and Alolan Graveler. I also did put Raichu into a Gym but the same unlucky fate still happened to it. And finally, I caught a shiny Minun! Unfortunately I didn't encounter any more shiny Plusle and Minun.
Nice! Saw the shadow of a Magmar today and an Alolan Geodude. Too bad that they're at a Poke Stop that's too far away lol. It's frustrating sometimes. Going to see if my yard has any luck. Sometimes things spawn in it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice! Saw the shadow of a Magmar today and an Alolan Geodude. Too bad that they're at a Poke Stop that's too far away lol. It's frustrating sometimes. Going to see if my yard has any luck. Sometimes things spawn in it.
Yeah that happens sometimes too. Yesterday I had a Cyndaquil two streets away from me and it was getting dark so I had to go home soon. And I haven’t caught one yet.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah that happens sometimes too. Yesterday I had a Cyndaquil two streets away from me and it was getting dark so I had to go home soon. And I haven’t caught one yet.
Yea had a similar issue with a Charmander before, same with a Lapras. Hope you can get one soon!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea had a similar issue with a Charmander before, same with a Lapras. Hope you can get one soon!
Yeah, same for you! I’m also hoping to get more Alolan forms too. I’ve been hatching some of my older Eggs to get space for newer Eggs, especially the ones I got way back in 2016.

Drummerdude

Today wasn't as good to me as yesterday. Had 4 egg slots to fill and ended up getting two 2k's and two 5k's. I may just start walking these 10k's I have later this week since eggs will hatch more quickly and give twice the candy. No point missing out on a potential good egg like Bagon, Slakoth, or Beldum. I did catch another Shiny Minun today and also caught almost enough Lotad to get Ludicolo as well as a few Snorunt so I am not too far off from enough for Froslass when that gets released.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I've been seeing a lot of Aipom, Magmar, Electabuzz, Rhyhorn and Swinub over the last couple of days.

I'm starting to wonder if their evolutions will be the first gen 4 Pokemon released.

Pokemon Power

I've been seeing a lot of Aipom, Magmar, Electabuzz, Rhyhorn and Swinub over the last couple of days.

I'm starting to wonder if their evolutions will be the first gen 4 Pokemon released.
Wouldn't be surprised. Bet they'll start though with the pre-evolved Gen IV Pokemon, like they did with Gen II.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Saw my first Trapinch today. Couldn't catch it though as my Pokebox is full :(. Also saw a shadow of an Aerodactyl. Caught an Alolan Geodude and got some gifts and some items. Also caught my first shiny in months! A shiny Plusle.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I saw the silhouette of an Anorith sometime and I caught it. I caught some more Taillow, some Pikachu, some Aipom, a Pidgey and several others that weren't so common. I later evolved that Pidgey into a Pidgeotto and transferred it so that I could get a bit more EXP. I got Sunflora through evolution as well. I put a Hariyama in one Gym and a Piloswine in another Gym. Otherwise it wasn't too interesting of a day.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Swinub + Magmar were because of Go Fest. Rhyhorn is pretty common as it is, especially during Partly Cloudy/Sunny weather.

Aipom/Electabuzz might be because of nests near you.

Does anyone know if they boosted Roselia's Shiny rate again for Go Fest? I found a Shiny Roselia today, and I can't find anything anywhere saying that Roselia has boosted Shiny rates for Go Fest, only the Safari Zone. Honestly, I hope it is boosted right now, because I really don't want my first legitimate Go Shiny to be something I already have a handful of from an event.
I don't believe the Shiny Rates for Pokemon other than Plusle/Minun were boosted. The flat rate may have been boosted slightly though? Not sure about Lugia raids, but my brother did get 4 in one day and over the two days our group found a total of 6, and that was with about... ~12 raids?

Anyway,

Ended the Go Fest weekend with these catches:
  • 7 Shiny Minun
  • 5 Shiny Plusle
  • 1 Shiny Snorunt
  • 1 Shiny Lugia
  • 100% Golem
  • Alolan Dugtrio
Didn't find a good enough Alolan Geodude, so I'm going to wait and see if Diglett and Geodude are going to be funneled into 7km eggs or left in the wild. Currently my best one is a 71%, really would like one above 80% though since Alolan Golem is really good in battles with his typing and moves allowing him to deal SE STAB damage to a majority of 5 star raid bosses and he has a high max CP.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't believe the Shiny Rates for Pokemon other than Plusle/Minun were boosted. The flat rate may have been boosted slightly though? Not sure about Lugia raids, but my brother did get 4 in one day and over the two days our group found a total of 6, and that was with about... ~12 raids?

Hmm...

I'll keep on trying to confirm this. Really not sure how to feel about that...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Double Candy and half distance for Eggs were amazing. I got two Eggs hatched today, in which a Treecko and a Togepi hatched from it. I got so many evolutions too, registering Swellow, Sceptile and Vileplume to name a few. I got Skarmory from the weather boost too so today was a bit better. Unfortunately I missed good opportunities to take on Gyms though.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Wow...it's been so long...I remember an ancient game called Pokemon Go, yes...

My Go Plus was freaking out today during the worldwide shutdown and I didn't know why until the game just stopped working altogether. Then, since I could look up the official twitter account and see that other people were having issues too, I knew that it wasn't just my phone that wasn't working. Once the game was back up, I committed a couple hours to just catching and spinning stops and hatching eggs. I actually reached the Pokemon limit a couple times. Nothing good was really caught besides one Ralts (!), but the extra candies always helps and at least now I don't have to worry about reaching the item limit for awhile. I also caught a Regice, which was nice. And apparently there was a wild Gyarados nearby, but by the time I got to the stop, it had already vanished. But most importantly, one of my eggs hatched into a Beldum, so now I'm "only" 19 candies away from getting a Metagross! And then I can start working on my Kirlia, which won't take long because of the August Ralts Community Day event...oh.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I got several more evolutions including Swalot and Silcoon. I managed to put my Pokémon into four different Gyms, which was the best part of today. I did see the silhouettes of a Cyndaquil and a Ninetales although unfortunately they despawned too quickly so I couldn't catch them.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I got a Ralts boosted with a pinap berry and was able to have enough to fully evolve it to Gardevoir! Which means I only have Milotic as an evolved form left. Still don't have Lunatone or Chimecho, but I knew those were going to be a pain in the butt and the most difficult to get other than regionals (which you know, can't really travel the world on a whim to capture virtual creatures)

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I got a Ralts boosted with a pinap berry and was able to have enough to fully evolve it to Gardevoir! Which means I only have Milotic as an evolved form left. Still don't have Lunatone or Chimecho, but I knew those were going to be a pain in the butt and the most difficult to get other than regionals (which you know, can't really travel the world on a whim to capture virtual creatures)
Lunatone is soooo rare it's crazy. Even when it's weather boosted it's still really rare.

Hoping we get an event soon that boosts it's spawn rate like the Kanto Event did with Solrock.