• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Lunatone is soooo rare it's crazy. Even when it's weather boosted it's still really rare.

Hoping we get an event soon that boosts it's spawn rate like the Kanto Event did with Solrock.

We can only hope! My raid buddies posted up some studies/findings that said even with weather boost, Lunatone was only boosted in spawns after the weather was partly cloudy for 3 hours. 3 hours. Boi. If they spawn from 9pm to 9am, with optimal weather, it'd still be midnight before you noticed a difference. That's why I'm trying to find one of the crazy more dedicated people in my group and trade with them. I've still got Corsola and Heracross as bargaining chips, so that helps, but dang Lunatone likes to play hard to get.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
We can only hope! My raid buddies posted up some studies/findings that said even with weather boost, Lunatone was only boosted in spawns after the weather was partly cloudy for 3 hours. 3 hours. Boi. If they spawn from 9pm to 9am, with optimal weather, it'd still be midnight before you noticed a difference. That's why I'm trying to find one of the crazy more dedicated people in my group and trade with them. I've still got Corsola and Heracross as bargaining chips, so that helps, but dang Lunatone likes to play hard to get.
Exactly! It's hard enough that it's only available at night. A lot of people work or just can't go out at night to play the game.

If I don't get one by the time it swaps with Solrock again I better find someone to trade with. I have Heracross and Corsola to bargain with as well, and Heracross is a big want over here.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Exactly! It's hard enough that it's only available at night. A lot of people work or just can't go out at night to play the game.

If I don't get one by the time it swaps with Solrock again I better find someone to trade with. I have Heracross and Corsola to bargain with as well, and Heracross is a big want over here.

Just saw someone from my group caught a Lunatone at nearly 2 in the morning. X'D Since maps are down (forever) I have no clue how she got it without just wandering outside.

Xionea

Half a centaur
You guys are making me feel bad I skipped over a Lunatone silhouette the first day it came over here thinking it'd be an easy find again. No such luck since lol.

Anyways I had a nice surprise the other day. During that event when a bunch of rarer Pokemon were spawning (Aerodactyl, Magmar, etc), I saw a Girafarig on the radar for the first time! I know it wasn't an increased spawn chance, so that was a really incredible find here. It's one of the last non-region exclusive Johto Pokemon I need... But I was at work when it spawned! I had to beg my roommates to take my phone and go catch it for me lol. Luckily my roommates are awesome and they went out to get it for me (they play too and they needed it as well so I wasn't being a complete jerk asking them to do that for me). Now I own my own little Girafarig!

Also I traded a Farfetch'd for a Hitmonlee from the roommate because, frankly, the only Hitmonlee I've ever seen in the wild was too far away and I've only hatched ONE Tyrogue in this game and it evolved into a Hitmontop so I'm not expecting to ever get my own Hitmonlee. I'll gladly trade a spare Farfetch'd even though it's probably a semi-decent regional trading chip now.

With that though, my Kanto dex is just missing Mr. Mime, Kangaskhan, and Mewtwo. My Johto dex is missing Magby and Miltank, with the rest being the regionals and all the legendaries. Hoenn is just missing a bunch of rare evolution Pokemon like Flygon, Metagross, Salamence, Ludicolo (cause Lotads don't spawn here, even during events with better spawn rates), and obvious legendaries, regionals, and unavailable Pokemon. Interestingly enough I don't have an Absol yet even though raids for it show up a lot. Why does no one raid here?!

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Since LGPE's announcement, GO sparked my interest to return back to game while doing daily morning jogs. I'm level 21 and hatched 91% Trapinch and 89% Beldum from 10km eggs, thanks to the Global Rewards event. I don't know if they are rare or not, but I'm satisfied with today's result.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I didn't put any Pokémon into the Gyms this time but I did obtain some new Pokémon. Due to the weather boost, I caught a Wigglytuff in the wild, which I thought I could never catch any other time. I also caught a Noctowl and one of my 10 km Eggs hatched into a Mareep. I evolved that Mareep into a Flaaffy.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, only days after catching that Roselia that may or may not be my first legitimate Shiny, I found a Shiny Swablu. I'm just going to call this one my first. Took me long enough to get one, considering how much I play. Very exciting.

What's quite ironic about this is that the first ever Shiny I captured in the actual games was a Swablu in Omega Ruby. Now in both the real games and Go, my only legitimate Shiny is a Swablu.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So many good things happened today. I got to take over a Gym and defeat all of the weakened Pokémon in it. I obtained a lot of new Pokémon today, partially due to weather boost, like Wobbuffet, Meditite, Bagon and Spoink. I have evolved several Pokémon and I got Slowking and Espeon through that. I also caught quite a number of Swablu and I got at least 100 Swablu candy right now. But I did see the silhouettes of Pokémon I unfortunately didn't catch like Venomoth, Snubbull and Cyndaquil. Unfortunately I tried catching a Teddiursa and it ran away. At some point today, I caught a Pineco.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Double Candy and half distance for Eggs were amazing. I got two Eggs hatched today, in which a Treecko and a Togepi hatched from it. I got so many evolutions too, registering Swellow, Sceptile and Vileplume to name a few. I got Skarmory from the weather boost too so today was a bit better. Unfortunately I missed good opportunities to take on Gyms though.

Did you just start playing? I ask this because Tailow are about as common as Pidgey and Rattata where I live. I had multiple Swellow on day 1 of gen 3.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Did you just start playing? I ask this because Tailow are about as common as Pidgey and Rattata where I live. I had multiple Swellow on day 1 of gen 3.
I started about five weeks ago after I stopped for a long time since around early 2017. So I missed out on the start of Gen 3. But when I got back, Taillow wasn't as common as well as Pidgey and Rattata but they were way more common during Flying weather boosts. But at least I'm catching up.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Well, that was certainly a surprise. There's a gym not too far from my house that I frequent and started to raid at more since now I can competently take on tier 3 raids by myself. I'd raided there in the past and I suspected it could be EX raid eligible, but since I'd been raiding there for so long and nothing came of it, I thought maybe it somehow wasn't. Well, lo and behold, I got an EX raid invite the other day to, you guessed it, that particular spot! I saw some people raiding there GO Fest weekend, so that may be what finally triggered it (more people woo). This will be my second ever EX raid, the previous one being in February, so I'm pretty excited, to be honest!

Other than that, just hatching eggs. Got another Mareep from a 10k which...isn't what I was hoping for, but hey, it is what it is. Maybe I'll get lucky and hatch a shiny Mareep one day lol

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today I did my first ever Registeel raid in the morning and it ended up being a perfect that I caught. Unfortunately that probably means all Zapdos I get tomorrow will have garbage IVs. I also had a hard time getting any candy today beyond the guaranteed 1. When I solo'd Raichu I got 4 Golden, and 24 Super Potions and that was it. Niantic definitely should cap the number of bundles you can get for a particular item because that is so disheartening seeing 24 Super Potions and nothing else when I was already sitting on a mountain of Max Potions. I did hatch 2 Larvitar today which was good since I needed more candy for Ttar. I'm still light years from getting hitting level 40.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yahoo!! Just leveled up to level 25! :) Been catching random Pokemon today to help move up and opened up some gifts. Tried to get some stuff from a Poke Stop but went a bit too fast. Oh well. Maybe next time.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
In a rare case of things going my way, 45 minutes after they announced Registeel, I caught one! Ironically, I was just making my way towards the park to get gifts and eggs and I stumbled upon a bunch of people, which always means a level 5 raid. It was close because there weren't that many of us, but we managed to beat it and I managed to catch it! Only ~1200 CP though, so it's just a baby. Not that it matters much, since I can't use it to defend gyms. In other news, I got enough Rare Candy to force my Metang to evolve, though I'm waiting until all my 10km eggs hatch before I use them. And I got really lucky today and found a Kirlia raid, so I Pinaped that and got 20 Ralts candies. Do that 2 more times and I'll have enough to get Gardevoir! Though I'm expecting to be very busy in these next couple of days, so I don't know how likely that'll be. And I'll probably not be able to do Zapdos Day as well, which is a shame since I'm only around 70,000 exp away from leveling up.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I didn't do too much today and I put a Sceptile in a Gym at least. I went around catching some more Pokémon to unlock more gold medals today and the only fully evolved Pokémon I got this time were Plusle, Camerupt and a Noctowl. I just missed out on a Vulpix, which would have gotten me a Ninetales because I almost have the candy to get one. But I hatched two Eggs, which hatched into a Taillow and a Beldum. I transferred the Taillow of course.

Drummerdude

It's been a slow Go week for me. I haven't seen anything cool with the double candy from catches but I did go ahead and hatch the 4 10k eggs I had collected because of the double candy hatches. I got Beldum (!), Mareep, Mareep, and Larvitar. Nothing else to really report. I am currently at 32 Sneasel candy so only 54 more km to walk before I can start something else..woot. I did get another 10k egg today but the weather is supposed to be dreadful for a bit so I think I might start over my goal to get nine 10k eggs.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Finally caught me a Battery Jesus (a.k.a Zapdos) in today's raid spectacular.

I caught four in total, and got a heck of a lot of items out of it too. Downtown Chicago is always the best place to go for raids. There are tons of gyms out here, and tons of players to help beat them.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'd say today went a lot better than Articuno Day, that's for sure. It wasn't as hot, there was a breeze, I didn't get a headache, AND I caught two shinies! I've already made a deal with a friend of mine to trade my extra shiny Zapdos for an extra Articuno of his! Also made a deal with another friend to trade a shiny Swablu for her shiny Plusle, since I didn't get one and yes, I do have sentimental value for Plusle.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
So...I lied. I did manage to get around to the Zapdos Raids today. I did 5 of them, and got one shiny (and two non-shinies). More importantly, I doubled my Rare Candy count, so now I'm the proud owner of the second best Pokemon ever, Metagross! Also, I leveled up to 34 today! Only 1,250,000 more exp until I get a free incubator (/sarcasm)! I also poured about 25 candies into my Kirlia, so now I'm 19 candies away from evolving it. Hopefully I can find a raid tomorrow. Once he's evolved, I...I won't have any other Pokemon that need to be walked. .......what......

......I'M FREE!!!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Joined in the Zapdos day today and I got super lucky because I got 3 shinies back to back to back.

Did my second raid, bam! Shiny Zapdos. Third raid was also a Shiny Zapdos, then on my way to the next one I found a Shiny Magikarp! I'll never get that lucky ever again!

Ended up doing 17 raids. I caught all but 2 I think? Highest was a 93% I believe, and my best Shiny was 87%. Overall, it was a fantastic day.

Ended up with way more items than I wanted, but I went from ~790,000 exp to ~1,050,000 exp, so I'm over halfway to level 37!!

If only the rewards for leveling up in the higher levels were remotely worth it...