• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Had a pretty good GO day today!

It is the hottest day of the year so far here, so I took extra precautions and brought some water with me when I went on my stroll today.

As usual, I found mostly Pokemon I already had. However, about halfway through, I found a Tauros! I was so excited that I managed to catch it in one try.

Also, a Pikachu showed up on my radar for a little bit. I walked around trying to find it, but it eventually disappeared. Just when I had given up hope, it appeared. It got away though :(

I hatched two eggs and got a Rattata and a Clefairy.

So I walked around for about two hours. I was started to get tired, so I took a break in a nearby cafe and cooled off before continuing.

On the way back to my car after, a 300 something CP Golbat appeared. I tried my best, but it was elusive. I eventually ran out of Poke balls trying to catch it and had to give up.

I hit a Pokestop and got 2 Poke balls. Then a Growlithe appeared. I managed to catch it in one try. I was so happy.

Used my last Poke ball trying to catch an Oddish. I was very tired so I stopped there.

Used a lucky egg to evolve a bunch of Pidgeys and Weedles. Also finally evolved my first Eevee into Vaporeon. It's 652 CP, which is now my highest CP Pokemon.

Ended up getting to level 10. Getting there slowly...

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Pretttty good haul today. 8D

I'd recently discovered a map where you can find the exact locations of Pokémon in your general vicinity, and I totally abused it to nab a bunch of Pokémon I didn't already have. (Namely Jigglypuff, Seadra, Mankey, and Kabuto.) Previously, I thought my town was more or less a Drowzee wasteland, but apparently, I just have hilariously bad luck and timing when it comes to being in the right place at the right time, basically. XD As a note, yeah, I know it's technically not cool with Niantic (because Niantic doesn't want its data to be used like this and in any case, half the fun is supposed to be about hunting Pokémon down), but until the nearby tab gets fixed, it's like, yeah, gotta do what you gotta do, imo.

And of course, I also caught a bunch of stuff I needed to evolve some Pokémon and nab their 'dex entries, so my 'dex is totally coming along great.

The egg pool, meanwhile, has not been particularly kind to me, but at least I managed to get a bunch of Magikarp for the Gyarados Donation Pool.

In all, definitely a satisfying day.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Reached lvl 7, caught a Paras and enough Weedles to evolve a Beedrill (I know people are all, save the candies until you get higher level pokes, but weedle are everywhere and evolution give you an exp boost w/out using stardust). Interestingly, I saw the silhouette for Gastly multiple times today, though I've only ever seen it at night before (I've heard people say some pokemon only come out at night and this made me suspect so, but I'm not sure it's any more true then the rumors of pokemon you can't catch without joining a specific team).

Gonna try to stock-up on pokeballs tomorrow morning. I wish work had a pokestop, but it would probably be a suck on productivity if there was, a lot of people at work have the app.

Talonflame

Hatching Eggs
Reached lvl 7, caught a Paras and enough Weedles to evolve a Beedrill (I know people are all, save the candies until you get higher level pokes, but weedle are everywhere and evolution give you an exp boost w/out using stardust). Interestingly, I saw the silhouette for Gastly multiple times today, though I've only ever seen it at night before (I've heard people say some pokemon only come out at night and this made me suspect so, but I'm not sure it's any more true then the rumors of pokemon you can't catch without joining a specific team).

Gonna try to stock-up on pokeballs tomorrow morning. I wish work had a pokestop, but it would probably be a suck on productivity if there was, a lot of people at work have the app.

Nah, that rumour about catching certain Pokemon at night (at least the Ghastly line) is false. I've caught a Haunter in the middle of the day before.

Today I managed to hatch 3 5km eggs, although I forgot to use a Lucky Egg before they hatched so I missed out on a ton of exp. especially since I also got the 'new pokemon' bonus for one of the eggs. Also ran out of standard Pokeballs so I was forced to use a ton of Great Balls instead which was incredibly painful!! But I did manage to evolve my Horsea so it wasn't all bad. Hoping to go to the next village from me to stock up on Pokeballs at their Pokestops because there are non near me.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I ran into a 984 CP Vaporeon on my way to work. I used Razz Berries on it and threw Great Balls, but unfortunately it ran anyway. :| All well, I already have a higher CP Vaporeon, but it would have made a cool story.

~ Eevee

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Just went grocery shopping with my parents and on the way I caught a paras, pidgey, pikachu, and Nidoran female =) I also got to lv 3. While at the store I caught another rattata, pidgey, and paras ^^. On the way home I missd out on a geodude )=

Psychic

Really and truly
On Friday I went to play downtown because a local organization was doing a Go-themed bake sale with Pokeball cookies, Razz Berry pies and Potion and Revive drinks, with Lures going all day. Then in the evening a few hundred people gathered around a nearby park downtown to play, since a church on the corner sets up Lures all night, so I joined in and made a ton of friends. Apparently the night before there had been a Dragonite at 1am, but when I was there the best I saw was a Clefable. I got to level 19, though!

Yesterday I went to an amusement park with a friend. There were lots of Poke Stops, there wasn't a single wild Pokemon. A few people did set up Lures throughout the day, though, and between the Zubat and Drowzee, my friend and I managed to find and catch our first Lapras!

~Psychic

Not really had much chance to play for a few days, been on a little on my way to work but that's it, which has only netted me my first Jynx and Gastly (finally, and in the same place I caught Haunter). Decided this evening to go for a walk since there was a Machop nearby. Never found it, but I did find another Abra and Magnemite, both of which are things I might use for battling once I can evolve them. Also found both a male and female Nidoran, I'd quite like a Nidoking in my team it has always been a favourite ever since it was the first shiny card I ever got. I was on my way home, battery was on about 4%, and what do I see on the tracker? Dratini! Luckily I hsd my portable charger with me so I plugged that in and kept walking. Turns out it was just around the corner from my house, so that was lucky. Was quite an easy catch, used a berry and a great ball to make sure. I get out of work at 2pm tomorrow which is one of the busiest Go times, hoping to net a few good ones.

Not sure if I should evolve Eevee. It's on (I think) 220cp, I'm lever 13. I currently have no chance against local gyms, it's all 800+ Vaporeons and Snorlaxs.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
On my way taking my dad to the airport I caught 3 eevees, a rhyhorn, a paras, and a bulbasaur ^^ I also got to lv 4

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Finally got my first Dratini today! My mother and I went to the mall and the slippery little guy was hiding under a pokestop. Also, got my first Pokemon to break the 1000 mark in CP. Took me long enough. I see so many people lower leveled than me that have multiple 1000+ CP counts. I'm level 17, at the moment.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Walked around a Pokemon hot spot today for a few hours Besides capturing Magikarp by the dozens, quite a few Psyducks, and numerous Growlithes, I also caught a couple of Dratini, Clefable, Ivysaur, Slowbro, Tentacruel, Arcanine, and a Kadabra. In addition, I also hatched a few eggs (nothing notable, though). All of this was enough to get me to level 23 today.

The ever-so-steep grind continues.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Caught A Beedrill, Venonat, Magicarp, and Pidgeotto, today (in addition to the pokemon I've already caught a ton of). Saw a Koffing, but it fled after a few balls (and I have no Razz Berries). Used up the pokeballs I'd collected in the morning, I'd also rode around with my parents stopping at pokestops, since they're both playing too (and I'm an adult with little nephews that play it, so the player age range on this game it pretty big). Can't wait to see what team(s) they go for, I don't think I told them mine.

I'd hold off on evolving your Eevee. Once you get another level or two higher you can find ones that are 400CP.

On my way to work I hatched one over 300, so I'll definitely hold off for a while.

Nothing has really happened today, finally caught a Goldeen though. There was a Dratini in town but I couldn't find it before it despawned. Going out on Thursday and Friday, should be able to find better things in the city.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Well I was able to log in finally and I caught another Nidoran female. Hopefully when my mom and I go to Tahoe tomorrow it will still work. I bet there's tons of cool pokemon and pokestops there =D

Last edited:

echo13

Started the weekend off by running out of pokeballs. It was so hot that I was lazy and basically didn't play all weekend. This morning I made a quick detour and hit the pokestop about half a mile from my house before going back in the opposite direction to work. That got me three. Then at lunch I hit the stop in front of the building three times and got two or three pokeballs each time. By mid-afternoon I was out again, and wouldn't you know it, that's when the rarer pokemon in my area came out to taunt me... I hatched two eggs also, but only got a paras and a zubat. On the way home I finally got more than three items from the stop, it actually gave me 5: three pokeballs, a potion, and another egg. I wonder if that's cause I leveled up?

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
checked out the ruins of an old capitol building in my area. lots of pokestops (which is partly why I decided to try going there), and a few people around playing. Didn't catch anything too special, which I'm a little disappointed at 'cause I've heard a number of people have caught good stuff there, but I hatched my first magmar. There was also a bus of Japanese students who came to the area to tour the historic stuff, and I introduced myself briefly to a few of them in Japanese, which I'm studying. They seemed pretty surprised when they saw I knew some [pretty basic] Japanese. :)

Anyways, in all I walked about three miles. I feel like eggs should give more experience, considering how much effort they take to hatch and how much experience you can get from walking around a well-trafficked area catching pidgeys in that time. Also really annoying that you can't get extra incubators except the temporary ones, and that you can only get the temporary ones from the shop except for the occasional level up.

btw, does anyone know exactly how the amount of pokemon spawing in any one area works? I've heard it has to do with cell usage, but is that in general for an area, or for that area at that specific time, or for former ingress usage in that area before the launch of pokemon go, or for people using pokemon go in the area, or what?

btw, does anyone know exactly how the amount of pokemon spawing in any one area works? I've heard it has to do with cell usage, but is that in general for an area, or for that area at that specific time, or for former ingress usage in that area before the launch of pokemon go, or for people using pokemon go in the area, or what?

I think it's based on usage at that specific time, there's much less spawning when I'm walking to work early morning.

Today was fun, found a Nidorino on my way to work. Also found a Tentacool on my way back and hatched a Vulpix. Waiting for Thursday when I go into a city.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Spawning works by pinging all of the devices in an area at once. The more devices are in the game at any given time, the more Pokémon spawn. Soooooo periods when people are less likely to play (like during a morning commute) will have fewer Pokémon, but it's not necessarily tied to a specific time.

Hope that makes sense!

Last edited:

echo13

Today wasn't very productive, I once again ran out of pokeballs and saw a bunch of pokemon I hadn't caught yet. I'm back to only getting three items at a time from the pokestops again, so it's slow going. I did transfer all my multiples with the lowest CP to the professor, so I'm a bit more organized now. At least the exciting part was I hatched my third egg and it was a Lickitung! Unfortunately I'm only on level 7 so he only has 200-something cp, and it's not like they're common, so he may never amount to much.