• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep! :) She really surprised me. Now I'm onto hatching a 2 km egg I have and I got one from today (a 7 km one) that I'm hoping to work on afterwards. Gonna have to try to find some Pokemon to toss though.
Yeah my bag and my Pokémon space are both filling up. I hatched a 2 km Egg into a Taillow. I am now incubating a 7 km Egg.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
That friend code paid off, once my 5 km egg is finished tomorrow, I got to try hatching a 7 km egg and see what I can get.

I hope for an Alolan Pokemon to use for Let's Go. If it is a Vulpix however.... I'm evolving it and keeping it.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Just to be clear, when I said legitimate, I meant not majorly boosted by an event. Not to downplay your catch, but Ponyta is majorly boosted now, making it nearly as common as a Community Day Shiny. The same is the case for Shiny Cubone and Pinsir.

I've captured a Shiny Ponyta too, but it doesn't really count, as far as I'm concerned.

Ha, well it counts to me. But by your standards one of them would still be legitimate, that being an Aron caught in the ghost event. But I think 'nearly as common' is a bit of a stretch, during recent events I pressed every geodude/hypno and drowzee/ kabuto/ cubone/ whatever I saw but only twice with ponyta and drifloon has it yielded any fruit so to speak, whereas with every community day I've gotten at least 3 shinies, no sweat, usally catching the first one before I step a foot outside.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
A somewhat okay day for me. I caught two more Chimchars. Only need two more candies to evolve Monferno. Caught 2 Piplups, but the downside was that this was in a Piplup nest, and was during a half hour incense walk. Found a Buizel raid and did that, followed by finding a Shinx raid and doing that.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Found 2 shiny Gengar from the 5 Gengar raids I did during that event. During that event, 4 of the people I was with found a shiny Pinsir on the exact same Pinsir at the same time! I'm here listening to people freaking out getting shiny Pinsirs, and I'm here like "Where's my shiny Pinsir?" A Pinsir spawns, I click, boom, shiny. The GO gods really do exist!

After that I found a second shiny Pinsir, shortly before the Pinsir event ended. Then during the Ponyta/Cubone event one of my roommates found a shiny Ponyta, gleefully showing off how he found a shiny that I don't have (cause he hates my shiny luck lately), so in retaliation I opened up the game and found a shiny Ponyta of my own lol. No Cubone though, but shiny Rapidash is amazing so I'm glad I got one before the event ended.

I also found a random Buizel in the wild that wasn't listed on the radar and I was super confused because I didn't hear about it being in the game yet, so I must have found it just minutes after they started spawning. I've only seen the one though, so there's a good chance it'll be rare around me and Floatzel will take awhile to get. And then to top it all off I finally got to do a Shinx raid so I own a little electric boi. Gonna take forever to evolve him.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Ha, well it counts to me. But by your standards one of them would still be legitimate, that being an Aron caught in the ghost event. But I think 'nearly as common' is a bit of a stretch, during recent events I pressed every geodude/hypno and drowzee/ kabuto/ cubone/ whatever I saw but only twice with ponyta and drifloon has it yielded any fruit so to speak, whereas with every community day I've gotten at least 3 shinies, no sweat, usally catching the first one before I step a foot outside.

Studies have shown that Community Days have about a 1 in 16 chance of being Shiny. Events like Roselia, Wingull, Pinsur, Cubone, and Ponyta have a rate of about 1 in 20. So, on the odds alone, they are pretty close. Of course, the spawns are less dense for those Pokémon than during a Community Day, so that does make a difference, but the rates are still drastically increased to point of giving everyone who tries a realistic chance of finding one, unlike normal Shinies.

Events like Geodude, Drowzee, and Kabuto, on the other hand, where not boosted. Spawn rates were, but the Shiny rate was still normal, making them still hard to find. I would count those ones as legitimate Shinies.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Did some walking today and hatched a 2 km egg... got a Taillow. Now incubating a 7 km egg. Hoping to get some more walking done with it today. Have quite a few Pokeballs and what not for Community day. Looking forward to it. :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Did some walking today and hatched a 2 km egg... got a Taillow. Now incubating a 7 km egg. Hoping to get some more walking done with it today. Have quite a few Pokeballs and what not for Community day. Looking forward to it. :)
Got some more 7 km Eggs just to hatch more baby Pokémon. I especially like to get Budew and more Togepi so that I can get Togetic.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Good thing I decided to be lazy yesterday and not drive 25 minutes out of my way to get a Nincada task, because today there was one 5 minutes from my house! Also finally got my Infernape. Swapped him out for Buizel, though I might replace him with Shedinja pretty soon.

Drummerdude

Left for work a little early this morning and managed to find 2 Buizel raids happening practically right next to each other, not to mention there was a Nincada quest in the same park. Thanks to Adventure Sync I have been making good progress with Slakoth and hope to finish it off by the end of the month. I also stocked up on 7k eggs to try to get some more Togepi and Magby candies to prepare for the evolutions down the road.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'm back from Florida and I bring a boat load of regionals. Heracross spawned decently well for most days and then toward the end the Corsola population just exploded. No clue why, but hey, more for those who need it. As for Carnivine, I only saw 2-3 I think? They weren't that common in FL to be honest. Either way, the big thing that stuck out to me (and my crown jewel for the trip) was Lunatone. I woke up early every day just because and I happened to see it on the radar. That's another regional (with a weird schedule) in the bag! Didn't get any Halloween shinies, or Ponyta/Cubone shinies, but I did get one shiny Pinsir, so I'll take it! And yes, I did search a lot for the former two, but it just didn't work out.

Let's see, I hatched a lot of eggs. Adventure Sync has really been awesome on that account. The highlights being things like Shinx, Chimchar, Bagon and the like. Research yielded me a really good Nincada, Shedinja, as well as a near perfect Chansey. I was able to take on and defeat a Gengar raid by myself (not Gengar day as I couldn't raid that day, this was just a different day altogether) and ended up getting boosted to level 38 with the power of friendship and lucky eggs. Level 40, I'm coming for you!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hatched a Spheal from an Egg and instantly transferred it. And from that got one more 7 km Egg. No Buizel so far and it’s frustrating to find.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Was able to get some good walking in today and got my egg up to around 4 km out of 7 km. Also got to participate in a 2 star raid and was able to catch Kirilia (so now I only have 8 more raids to go out of the fight in 10 raids research task) :). Then I fought against a gym 3 times for a research stamp and put in my Rhydon named Tina Turner. She lasted long enough to get 4 coins. Got some items and a couple of gifts and caught a few Pokemon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Was able to get some good walking in today and got my egg up to around 4 km out of 7 km. Also got to participate in a 2 star raid and was able to catch Kirilia (so now I only have 8 more raids to go out of the fight in 10 raids research task) :). Then I fought against a gym 3 times for a research stamp and put in my Rhydon named Tina Turner. She lasted long enough to get 4 coins. Got some items and a couple of gifts and caught a few Pokemon.
Nice on the Kirlia raid and for the Gym Research. I have about 1 km left to hatch a 5 km Egg. I didn’t get any coins from the Gym last time because I already reached the coin limit yesterday. Four coins is better than most especially when there are a lot of players around knocking out Pokémon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Nice on the Kirlia raid and for the Gym Research. I have about 1 km left to hatch a 5 km Egg. I didn’t get any coins from the Gym last time because I already reached the coin limit yesterday. Four coins is better than most especially when there are a lot of players around knocking out Pokémon.
Thanks! That one was really random too as it was nearing the end of it. Lucked out to be honest. :) Sweet. Ah. Finally got the 7 km egg hatched. It ended up being a Wynaut. Yea, given how people knock Gyms out. Wasn't going for the coins this time though. Just to get the research done.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks! That one was really random too as it was nearing the end of it. Lucked out to be honest. :) Sweet. Ah. Finally got the 7 km egg hatched. It ended up being a Wynaut. Yea, given how people knock Gyms out. Wasn't going for the coins this time though. Just to get the research done.
Yeah. Once I get the 7 km Eggs done I’l hatch the 5 km Eggs. I only hatched Azurill so far.

Vipsoccermaster

I'm back from Florida and I bring a boat load of regionals. Heracross spawned decently well for most days and then toward the end the Corsola population just exploded. No clue why, but hey, more for those who need it. As for Carnivine, I only saw 2-3 I think? They weren't that common in FL to be honest. Either way, the big thing that stuck out to me (and my crown jewel for the trip) was Lunatone. I woke up early every day just because and I happened to see it on the radar. That's another regional (with a weird schedule) in the bag! Didn't get any Halloween shinies, or Ponyta/Cubone shinies, but I did get one shiny Pinsir, so I'll take it! And yes, I did search a lot for the former two, but it just didn't work out.
Hey! I got back from Florida too! Well, since Tuesday night, actually. Heracross appeared decently for me, got some right as I landed to pick up my baggage. As for Carnivine, caught a bunch, so it was easy as well. Unfortunately, did not find Corsola at all. While I did see a few on my radar, they appeared at the wrong times for me, like one is at a stop closest to me, but I'm stuck in the hotel room at an ungodly hour. So for me, that's two regionals down! I'll get Corsola in a trade instead, soon. Corsola is the only Johto Pokémon remaining, aside from the unreleased Smergle, that I need to complete the Johto Pokédex, other than the gender forms.

I caught a total of 7 shinies during my Florida trip: Third shiny Roselia out of nowhere, four shiny Pinsir during the Pinsir event, one shiny Ponyta, and two shiny Cubone. One of the shiny Cubone was actually caught as I landed back home, so one Cubone wasn't really from Florida. Picked up a few eggs from Florida, including a 5km egg of which I just hatched yesterday. I couldn't believe what I just hatched: My first Budew, plus it was shiny!

I also did a Buizel raid yesterday, and successfully caught it. The raid was done with another friend, and that friend was one of the friends I was just about to rank up to Best Friend, so we both used a Lucky Egg for the raid to earn a whopping 206,000 XP. We also did one trade. I traded my Heracross for my friend's Alolan Ninetales.

Since I'm back from Florida, I can safely do raids at EX gyms again. I avoided EX-eligible gyms (actually, raids altogether) in the past two weeks so I wouldn't run the risk of receiving an EX Raid Pass for an EX Raid that I likely would not be able to attend.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Done my part in the Cyndaquil Community Day. I caught only one shiny Cyndaquil, which was disappointing for a Community Day. I didn't participate too much within the first half, which limited the number of shinies I could catch during the event. I fully evolved it into Typhlosion and I only fully evolved another Cyndaquil during the event. But still I got a lot of EXP during it.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Hey! I got back from Florida too! Well, since Tuesday night, actually. Heracross appeared decently for me, got some right as I landed to pick up my baggage. As for Carnivine, caught a bunch, so it was easy as well. Unfortunately, did not find Corsola at all. While I did see a few on my radar, they appeared at the wrong times for me, like one is at a stop closest to me, but I'm stuck in the hotel room at an ungodly hour. So for me, that's two regionals down! I'll get Corsola in a trade instead, soon. Corsola is the only Johto Pokémon remaining, aside from the unreleased Smergle, that I need to complete the Johto Pokédex, other than the gender forms.

I caught a total of 7 shinies during my Florida trip: Third shiny Roselia out of nowhere, four shiny Pinsir during the Pinsir event, one shiny Ponyta, and two shiny Cubone. One of the shiny Cubone was actually caught as I landed back home, so one Cubone wasn't really from Florida. Picked up a few eggs from Florida, including a 5km egg of which I just hatched yesterday. I couldn't believe what I just hatched: My first Budew, plus it was shiny!

I also did a Buizel raid yesterday, and successfully caught it. The raid was done with another friend, and that friend was one of the friends I was just about to rank up to Best Friend, so we both used a Lucky Egg for the raid to earn a whopping 206,000 XP. We also did one trade. I traded my Heracross for my friend's Alolan Ninetales.

Since I'm back from Florida, I can safely do raids at EX gyms again. I avoided EX-eligible gyms (actually, raids altogether) in the past two weeks so I wouldn't run the risk of receiving an EX Raid Pass for an EX Raid that I likely would not be able to attend.

Word, dude, that's awesome! That Pinsir was the only shiny I got down in FL. Now I know where they all went lol! Something I've noticed from going to FL twice (during the days of POGO) is that Heracross is more common in southern FL while Corsola spawns out of my ears in the Keys. I thought it was just a coincidence the first time, but it happened again this time so I don't know. Either way, glad you're getting someone to trade with. Completing the Johto dex is a good feeling!

I tried to avoid EX gyms too, all things considered I didn't think I'd get a pass even if I did them, but knowing how the game works, I decided to avoid that possibility entirely. Here's to local EX raids!

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I couldn't get to play during the entire Community Day, only an hour after tennis and I'm so glad with the result: 3 Shiny Cyndaquil, one with 78% (13 ATK-DEF, 9 HP). Then, I evolved my 78% Shiny all the way through Typhlosion.

Last edited: