• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Getting ready to go out for Community day and Google Play is at it again!

Play Services used 11.07 mb

Google Play Store used 17.80 mb

To say I'm ticked would be an understatement.

Total use: 42.76 mb

I can't afford this kind of insane data usage!

Glad to be on wifi at this moment, but if it happened outside, I'd be right at or above 90 mb usage.

There's another 13.89 mb unaccounted for... but still, this is crazy.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Getting ready to go out for Community day and Google Play is at it again!

Play Services used 11.07 mb

Google Play Store used 17.80 mb

To say I'm ticked would be an understatement.

Total use: 42.76 mb

I can't afford this kind of insane data usage!

Glad to be on wifi at this moment, but if it happened outside, I'd be right at or above 90 mb usage.

There's another 13.89 mb unaccounted for... but still, this is crazy.
What is that even. At least there’s Wi-Fi where you were able to play during Cyndaquil Community Day. Did you find any shinies? I didn’t really have the shiny luck this time and I also took on a Kirlia raid and I caught it. The connection was really bad in the first hour of Community Day so it was unbearable then.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
What is that even. At least there’s Wi-Fi where you were able to play during Cyndaquil Community Day. Did you find any shinies? I didn’t really have the shiny luck this time and I also took on a Kirlia raid and I caught it. The connection was really bad in the first hour of Community Day so it was unbearable then.
Just their app and stuff.

Nope. But luckily it didn't eat a ton of data! Got a shiny Cyndaquil, and I got to participate in a Giratina raid! :p Wasn't able to catch it. Thing is dang near impossible. There's almost no opening to try to throw a ball. O_O On the up side though, my team brought their all and I'm very proud of them. Even my new Alolan Ninetails did me proud :).

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just their app and stuff.

Nope. But luckily it didn't eat a ton of data! Got a shiny Cyndaquil, and I got to participate in a Giratina raid! :p Wasn't able to catch it. Thing is dang near impossible. There's almost no opening to try to throw a ball. O_O On the up said though, my team brought their all and I'm very proud of them. Even my new Alolan Ninetails did me proud :).
It's great that you finally got Alolan Ninetales. I think that Alolan Vulpix is the rarest Alolan form in the game so it's great that you eventually got one. Adventure Sync really helped there. Also I hatched my first Egg using Adventure Sync. It hatched into a Treecko, which I transferred later. Weren't there are couple of people participating in the raid? I think that at least 5 people that are at least Lv 35 who are also participating will be good.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
If you haven't already, make to that auto-update is turned off.

I only played for around 25 minutes because it was only in the twenties outside and it would have been a 45 minute drive to a good indoor place to play so I would have only had an hour. In that short time I got 3 5km eggs which is helpful because I was completely out. I got 1 shiny which was not likely to make any headway in battle. I did see a Shinx raid that I could hit from my vehicle so I drove the couple blocks to that and pinap'd that. That ended up being a 489 CP, unfortunately not shiny. I got my next breakthrough research and got an extra 1000 stardust because I was under star piece the whole time. I pinap'd the Shedinja so I am up to 20 candy for that. I also had lined up 7 day catch streak so I got almost 20,000 stardust for that today.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It's great that you finally got Alolan Ninetales. I think that Alolan Vulpix is the rarest Alolan form in the game so it's great that you eventually got one. Adventure Sync really helped there. Also I hatched my first Egg using Adventure Sync. It hatched into a Treecko, which I transferred later. Weren't there are couple of people participating in the raid? I think that at least 5 people that are at least Lv 35 who are also participating will be good.

Yep.

Holy cow was that a nail biter! Found one last Cyndaquil and was able to evolve the shiny Quilava I have into a Typhlosion.

There was. I was the lowest level there. Two were level 40 one was in the 30's not sure about the rest of them though.

If you haven't already, make to that auto-update is turned off.

I only played for around 25 minutes because it was only in the twenties outside and it would have been a 45 minute drive to a good indoor place to play so I would have only had an hour. In that short time I got 3 5km eggs which is helpful because I was completely out. I got 1 shiny which was not likely to make any headway in battle. I did see a Shinx raid that I could hit from my vehicle so I drove the couple blocks to that and pinap'd that. That ended up being a 489 CP, unfortunately not shiny. I got my next breakthrough research and got an extra 1000 stardust because I was under star piece the whole time. I pinap'd the Shedinja so I am up to 20 candy for that. I also had lined up 7 day catch streak so I got almost 20,000 stardust for that today.
It's off.

Not bad.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep.

Holy cow was that a nail biter! Found one last Cyndaquil and was able to evolve the shiny Quilava I have into a Typhlosion.

There was. I was the lowest level there. Two were level 40 one was in the 30's not sure about the rest of them though.
So at least three other people. Usually the more the better but most of the time I don't find anyone and it's just hard. So you found two shiny Cyndaquil? My app lagged quite a lot in the first hour and at times it was almost impossible to even start an encounter.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
So at least three other people. Usually the more the better but most of the time I don't find anyone and it's just hard. So you found two shiny Cyndaquil? My app lagged quite a lot in the first hour and at times it was almost impossible to even start an encounter.
Yep. Only one. And it gave me a fight. Ended up using a Golden Razz berry to catch it. Dang. That's frustrating. Ran into a bit of lag catching wise, but thankfully nothing too bad.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. Only one. And it gave me a fight. Ended up using a Golden Razz berry to catch it. Dang. That's frustrating. Ran into a bit of lag catching wise, but thankfully nothing too bad.
Yeah but at least you got one. I got mine after the lag ended, which was in the second half of the Community Day. I caught it around 30 minutes before it ended and I narrowly missed out on getting a shiny Cyndaquil. I almost thought I would never get one.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah but at least you got one. I got mine after the lag ended, which was in the second half of the Community Day. I caught it around 30 minutes before it ended and I narrowly missed out on getting a shiny Cyndaquil. I almost thought I would never get one.
Yep and I thought I wouldn't get one either. Cool, glad you were able to get one.

Here's the stats of my Typhlosion: Atk/Def: 27/30; Stamina: 13/15

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep and I thought I wouldn't get one either. Cool, glad you were able to get one.

Here's the stats of my Typhlosion: Atk/Def: 27/30; Stamina: 13/15
My shiny Typhlosion wasn't high levelled and had average IVs at the best so I probably won't put it in Gyms. At least I was glad about getting a shiny Cyndaquil and fully evolving it during the Community Day.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
My shiny Typhlosion wasn't high levelled and had average IVs at the best so I probably won't put it in Gyms. At least I was glad about getting a shiny Cyndaquil and fully evolving it during the Community Day.
Ah well at least you got one and it'll make a good friend. :)

Xionea

Half a centaur
Community Day has come and gone, this one was a bit more annoying than the previous ones. It snowed yesterday, so I had to play in 15 degree weather. What's dumb is that my phone randomly decided to shut down at 60% power, then when I turned it back on it said it was critically low at 1%, so great, no shinies and my phone dies obnoxiously early, guess I'm going home. Get home, plug in phone... 60% and charging. I'm sorry, what? Tried to find some shiny Cyndaquil at home, but none were sparkling for me. Decided with an hour left to head outside in the cold once again and find at least one, and I end up with a total of 4 shinies! And thankfully my phone survived longer this time around. Sucky weather for a Community Day, but it worked out in the end.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah well at least you got one and it'll make a good friend. :)
Yeah, but right now I'm focusing on getting Altaria in the game and Swablu is my Buddy Pokémon. It still annoys me why it even needs 400 candy to evolve.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I was hunting for them the entire duration of the community day but I ended up with only one shiny cyndaquil and in the nick of time too. I caught enough to get more than 300 candies without pinaps, so at least a hundred, but one is better than none so I can't complain too much

Studies have shown that Community Days have about a 1 in 16 chance of being Shiny. Events like Roselia, Wingull, Pinsur, Cubone, and Ponyta have a rate of about 1 in 20. So, on the odds alone, they are pretty close. Of course, the spawns are less dense for those Pokémon than during a Community Day, so that does make a difference, but the rates are still drastically increased to point of giving everyone who tries a realistic chance of finding one, unlike normal Shinies.

Events like Geodude, Drowzee, and Kabuto, on the other hand, were not boosted. Spawn rates were, but the Shiny rate was still normal, making them still hard to find. I would count those ones as legitimate Shinies.

Well now I look like an idiot, don't I? I'm better off knowing though so thanks.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well now I look like an idiot, don't I? I'm better off knowing though so thanks.

Nah, you don't at all. This sort of thing isn't publicly advertised by Niantic, and Serebii doesn't report on specifics like that. The only reason I know is that I keep up to date with the little details of Go via the Silph Road.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Today turned out well. Much more so than usual. Let me explain:

Got to my Community Day spot with friends and finally did my first Giratina raid (haven't had enough people previously). I caught it and moved on into catching with star piece on. A little shaky at first, but I caught a shiny, which meant I was good for the day. Had some really weird battery trouble to the point where both my battery bank and my phone died even though they both told me they were fully charged. This has never been a problem, at least, not with the battery, but it just reiterates the fact that my phone's internal battery in general isn't doing so hot and I'll probably have to get a new phone eventually. But that's not the good news that I'm talking about. I ended up catching 11 shiny Cyndaquil. This only happens with the starters, never the 10k hatch drops. So I'm more than thrilled.

Went home to warm up and settle down when my 10k hatches into a shiny Dratini. Now I'm over the moon.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I got to play for 2 hours today. There was one Giratina raid, in which I failed to catch it. There was a Shinx raid, so that was good (I was worried that I wouldn't be able to catch it with a Pinap Berry in only 6 Poke Balls). I only caught one shiny Cyndaquil, which was really unusual for me, since I usually wind up catching around 6-7 shinies during these events. Aaaaaand just now realizing that I forgot to evolve anything, so there goes my unstoppable Typhlosion (it was really cold out and I had low battery, you guys!). I made Ultra Friends with someone today and traded for a Kyogre! That's one more down for the Dex! I didn't need that shiny Dusclops anyway. I also got to Best Friends with someone today, but I forgot to pop a Lucky Egg. Oh well.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, but right now I'm focusing on getting Altaria in the game and Swablu is my Buddy Pokémon. It still annoys me why it even needs 400 candy to evolve.
Ah yea that annoys me too. Been catching every single one I can find. I have my shiny Eevee as my buddy right now. Only have 3 Eevees over all, and once I get to those Eevee Evolution tasks... I hope they evolve right, since they're not all that common.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah yea that annoys me too. Been catching every single one I can find. I have my shiny Eevee as my buddy right now. Only have 3 Eevees over all, and once I get to those Eevee Evolution tasks... I hope they evolve right, since they're not all that common.
And that Eevee was from Eevee Community Day, right? Eevees are rare outside of their Community Day and I remember getting over 200 Eevee candies from that day. It can be tough if you don't have a lot of Eevee candies especially during the times before Adventure Sync.