• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea I'll make sure to do that.
Yeah, you should give that a try.

And I levelled up to Lv 33! It felt great to level up after a while. And it'll take quite a while for me to get a million EXP to reach Lv 34.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah, you should give that a try.

And I levelled up to Lv 33! It felt great to level up after a while. And it'll take quite a while for me to get a million EXP to reach Lv 34.
Just saw a post on Reddit where a player waited until 11pm to evolve their Eevee, but due to the weather... it was snowing... their Eevee evolved into a Jolteon instead.

Congrats!

Got aways myself to get to level 29.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just saw a post on Reddit where a player waited until 11pm to evolve their Eevee, but due to the weather... it was snowing... their Eevee evolved into a Jolteon instead.

Congrats!

Got aways myself to get to level 29.
I think they forgot they had to walk with Eevee first before evolving into Umbreon. I feel that it's a bit messy that evolving Eevee straight away evolves it into a random Kanto Eeveelution.

Nice! I got plenty of Max Revives and Max Potions from levelling up. You will have access to Max Revives once you reach Lv 30.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think they forgot they had to walk with Eevee first before evolving into Umbreon. I feel that it's a bit messy that evolving Eevee straight away evolves it into a random Kanto Eeveelution.

Nice! I got plenty of Max Revives and Max Potions from levelling up. You will have access to Max Revives once you reach Lv 30.
They didn't.

Here's their post:

Walked 10km with my Eevee. Waited until 11pm to evolve it into Umbreon for my special research. Evolved into Jolteon. Why? Because it's snowing. So stupid

Thanks! Looking forward to both.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
They didn't.

Here's their post:

I think it's that glitch again. It's better to wait for the 2nd candy and then evolve it because there's some lag after registering distance and getting rewards from it. And after that evolving Eevee should be fine. I remember evolving them after I got them to get their 2nd candy. I've never found GO's GPS to be that great anyway.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think it's that glitch again. It's better to wait for the 2nd candy and then evolve it because there's some lag after registering distance and getting rewards from it. And after that evolving Eevee should be fine. I remember evolving them after I got them to get their 2nd candy. I've never found GO's GPS to be that great anyway.
You could be right on that. That's annoying that they haven't fixed that glitch.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You could be right on that. That's annoying that they haven't fixed that glitch.
Yeah I heard that some have even gotten negative distance on their Pokémon. I just remembered that I got it once and after a while the distance corrected itself.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
They didn't.

Here's their post:

I don't think that person knew what they were talking about. There's no reason that snowy weather would cause an Eevee to evolve into a Jolteon instead of an Umbreon. Weather has no effect on Eevee evolution. More likely is that this person's GPS cancelled out right as they evolved it, so the game didn't know if it was day or night, because it didn't know where in the world this person was.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I don't think that person knew what they were talking about. There's no reason that snowy weather would cause an Eevee to evolve into a Jolteon instead of an Umbreon. Weather has no effect on Eevee evolution. More likely is that this person's GPS cancelled out right as they evolved it, so the game didn't know if it was day or night, because it didn't know where in the world this person was.
Could be. Which would be frustrating. Couldn't weather itself affect GPS a bit?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I've played in clear weather and stormy weather and don't have any problems in either. I also saw a Shinx raid on the way home so I did that. I then found a one star raid that hatches in 30 minutes so I will be checking my game then to see if it is Shinx or Buizel.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I did this today, which I though was kinda funny.
46033582_189836311953345_4132724146184388608_n.png

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I haven’t had an instance where weather affected my experience with Pokémon GO. I remember I was able to play perfectly during a thunderstorm.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Maybe, I don't really know. All I can tell you is that the weather itself was not the direct cause.

I've been going out for a lot of walks, and I finally stumbled upon my first Buizel, effectively registering it to my PokeDex. They don't seem to be too common (at least where I'm at), so here's hoping I can scout some more out eventually to register Floatzel.

My new Pokedex total is 378.
149 Kanto, 94 Johto, 112 Hoenn, and 23 Sinnoh.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just had my third Giratina raid. It was at the same Gym where I had my first Giratina raid. It was great to start off with 13 Premier Balls but unfortunately I ran out so it fled. That was the first time I defeated a Raid Pokémon but I was unable to catch it.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just had my third Giratina raid. It was at the same Gym where I had my first Giratina raid. It was great to start off with 13 Premier Balls but unfortunately I ran out so it fled. That was the first time I defeated a Raid Pokémon but I was unable to catch it.
Yea that's frustrating. At least you had more Premier Balls than I did. I only got 8.

Found out something interesting during the raid though, when I faced off against Giratina, found out that Ursaring do pretty well against it. It was one time when a recommended team was pretty solid. Just had to change out a Sudowoodo.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea that's frustrating. At least you had more Premier Balls than I did. I only got 8.

Found out something interesting during the raid though, when I faced off against Giratina, found out that Ursaring do pretty well against it. It was one time when a recommended team was pretty solid. Just had to change out a Sudowoodo.
Oh. I normally get 12 but I think that not enough from your team participated. You’ll get more from raiding at a Gym that’s taken by the same team you’re in and raiding along with Friends.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh. I normally get 12 but I think that not enough from your team participated. You’ll get more from raiding at a Gym that’s taken by the same team you’re in and raiding along with Friends.
Ah. I wonder about that. I had around the same as you after participating in a 2 star raid. Maybe it was due to the Gym. No one else was in the raid.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. I wonder about that. I had around the same as you after participating in a 2 star raid. Maybe it was due to the Gym. No one else was in the raid.
Yeah I think if you raid by yourself you get 100% contribution rate for your team because you're the only one raiding. That I think has a maximum of 3 balls handed out for that and as well as the usual nine balls from completing a raid, you'll then get a total of 12 balls. For me I'm used to getting 12 balls because I solo most of my raids.