• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I tried to take part in a Cresselia raid with folks from a local facebook group, didn't go as planned so no Cresselia but it still counted for the meltan quest so now I only need to make an excellent throw to reach the next stage. (Excellent throws are a lot easier when you don't need them : P )

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome. Cool. Ah.

Working on a 7 km egg today. Hoping to try to be able to get Shedinja soon.
Yeah. Shinx is pretty hard to get because it doesn’t appear in the wild. It can also appear in 10 km Eggs but I don’t bother with them. And I have already gotten my second Shedinja.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah. Shinx is pretty hard to get because it doesn’t appear in the wild. It can also appear in 10 km Eggs but I don’t bother with them. And I have already gotten my second Shedinja.
Dang. I think I spotted a raid for it before. Just couldn't make it up to it. Ah. Sweet. Planning on trying to do three battles at a gym or catching two more normal type Pokemon, whichever comes first for it.

Weather was really nice today... so I did some laps and made a trip up to a Pokestop. Got a pair of 2 km eggs, a couple of gifts and some items. Also caught some Pokemon. So now I'm up to around 40/108 Pokemon for research. Got a chance to find a really nice Magnemite and evolved it into a Magneton.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Dang. I think I spotted a raid for it before. Just couldn't make it up to it. Ah. Sweet. Planning on trying to do three battles at a gym or catching two more normal type Pokemon, whichever comes first for it.

Weather was really nice today... so I did some laps and made a trip up to a Pokestop. Got a pair of 2 km eggs, a couple of gifts and some items. Also caught some Pokemon. So now I'm up to around 40/108 Pokemon for research. Got a chance to find a really nice Magnemite and evolved it into a Magneton.
Oh. But better luck next time. I would go for three battles since I find that one easier.

I haven’t found a single shiny Magnemite yet even though I caught a lot of them. I haven’t used my Sinnoh Stone yet.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh. But better luck next time. I would go for three battles since I find that one easier.

I haven’t found a single shiny Magnemite yet even though I caught a lot of them. I haven’t used my Sinnoh Stone yet.
Thanks!

I haven't either. The one I got was normal one with over 1000 cp.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks!

I haven't either. The one I got was normal one with over 1000 cp.
I’v gotten a couple of ones over 1000 CP but I transferred most of them. I think I evolved one for a Research Task.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Participated in a Cresselia raid yesterday. Caught that one but its IVs wasn't that great. Also caught a shiny Drowzee, which was a surprise. I evolved it into Hypno straight away to register shiny Hypno.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
After a walk today, I got enough candy to evolve Gulpin, I hatched a 7 km egg into an Alolan Grimer. (Oh yeah!)

I hatched a 2 km egg and got a Rhyhorn that is a Rhydon now. (I heard Rhyperior is a BEAST and that says something since Rhydon is very good in this game!) I need to find that Drowzee and then evolve it into a Hypno, I also evolved an Eevee into my next ace... an Espeon!

I need to bring that Haunter through some prep work for his trip into Let's Go along with the Alolan Grimer once I evolve it.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Did around 40 laps today and hatched a 7 km egg. Freed up some space for the upcoming community day.

Found an up to date Egg list: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-18-pokemon-go-eggs-chart-hatching-2km-5km-7km-10km-eggs

So happy... Lapras, Snorlax and Chansey have a chance to come from 7 km eggs! :p Now onto trying to get the latter one.
I definitely would like to buy Pokémon storage space for the upcoming Community Day. I would also like to get more Chansey. I haven't found one outside of Lures and events.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I definitely would like to buy Pokémon storage space for the upcoming Community Day. I would also like to get more Chansey. I haven't found one outside of Lures and events.
I'd love to as well. I'm around 100 coins shy of being able to get another 50 Pokemon expansion. Lucked out recently in a Gym. Had to berry a bit (which I don't like doing a ton of), but I was around 7 hours at the time... had to use a couple of gold berries (think someone was battling against me and the rest of the gym, my apologies to the person for doing so, but I was really close to getting 50 coins at the time).

I'm lucky I got around 10 Pokemon cleared out. Might try to see if there's anything else I can clear out before hand.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'd love to as well. I'm around 100 coins shy of being able to get another 50 Pokemon expansion. Lucked out recently in a Gym. Had to berry a bit (which I don't like doing a ton of), but I was around 7 hours at the time... had to use a couple of gold berries (think someone was battling against me and the rest of the gym, my apologies to the person for doing so, but I was really close to getting 50 coins at the time).

I'm lucky I got around 10 Pokemon cleared out. Might try to see if there's anything else I can clear out before hand.
Oh. I put two Pokémon into Gyms because I haven't yet gotten any coins today. One of the Gyms is a Gym I haven't done much at and one that I raid sometimes. I did get a good amount of extra Pokémon I don't need cleared out especially the ones I don't need for Research because I have done them. I'm onto 3/10 raids done for the next panel.

Since my last update I've registered a few new Pokemon. First, I finally evolved one of my Lotad to register Lombre. I'm still 30-40 Candies away from Ludicolo, though. Second, I got another Sinnoh Stone and used it to register Roserade <3 I'm so happy to have one - and it has a whopping 2700 CP! Finally, I sent some of my Pokemon up to Let's Go, Eevee! and therefore registered Meltan. Man, Melmetal is going to take forever to get. And I just really wish Sinnoh Stones were easier to get, because so far I've only been able to register Roserade and Weavile.

Oh! And randomly this morning I found a shiny Murkrow! I've been wanting one forever and finally got it when in line to get iced coffee, lol!

My new Pokedex total is 384.
149 Kanto, 95 Johto, 114 Hoenn, 25 Sinnoh, and 1 Unknown.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Got 26 coins from Exeggutor. I did get to take on another Cresselia raid but unfortunately it ran away. At least it was at an EX Gym so that helps with an EX Raid Pass.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Today was a productive day. I needed to do the 10 raids thing, already had 4 raids registered, so I drove around and did the 6 other raids, using up 5 of my stored up Premium Passes. Then I went ahead and double-checked to make sure that the next tier required me catching a Cubone, found one and walked over to it, popped a Lucky Egg, and received all my rewards for the 6th tier, caught the Cubone and evolved the Drowzee and Scyther, collected those rewards, did the Aerodactyl research and walked around a high-spawn area to get my other fossils, collected THOSE rewards, caught Meltan, and collected those rewards! All within the half hour time limit. I don't know how much exp that was, but I wager it was a lot. Only a drop in the bucket due to me being level 36 and all, but still. I still have two Sinnoh Stones that I haven't used yet. I'm thinking of asking around for people to trade their Sinnoh evolutions and offer them whatever they don't have by using my stones. That way we all get more Dex entries and shave one more week off of our sentence.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Took on a Buizel raid so that I can get more candies for Floatzel. Got my Adventure Sync rewards but I missed out on the Ultra Balls this time. Now I have 4 raids out of 10 done which is definitely going to take a while even after the event, so it'll take a while for me to get Meltan.

Vipsoccermaster

Took on a Buizel raid so that I can get more candies for Floatzel. Got my Adventure Sync rewards but I missed out on the Ultra Balls this time. Now I have 4 raids out of 10 done which is definitely going to take a while even after the event, so it'll take a while for me to get Meltan.
It will be very hard after the event, because the Pokémon that are frequently around during the event will no longer be frequent.

You are required to:
  1. Evolve a Drowzee
  2. Catch a Cubone
  3. Evolve a Scyther
  4. Catch 2 Kabuto or Omanyte
  5. Catch 2 Lileep or Anorith
  6. Catch an Aerodactyl

Today, I basically went around taking over gyms outside of my neighborhood, working on getting more gold gyms. Just hatched two eggs to make space in case I get eggs from Adventure Sync tomorrow morning.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It will be very hard after the event, because the Pokémon that are frequently around during the event will no longer be frequent.

You are required to:
  1. Evolve a Drowzee
  2. Catch a Cubone
  3. Evolve a Scyther
  4. Catch 2 Kabuto or Omanyte
  5. Catch 2 Lileep or Anorith
  6. Catch an Aerodactyl

Today, I basically went around taking over gyms outside of my neighborhood, working on getting more gold gyms. Just hatched two eggs to make space in case I get eggs from Adventure Sync tomorrow morning.
I know and I'm hoping I'll run into nests of fossil Pokémon soon after the event to catch up. I have saved Research encounters for Aerodactyl (Hatch 2 Eggs) so that I could end up catching it when the time comes. I'm currently walking with Scyther to get candy for it and I've used some Rare Candies so that I can get Scizor earlier. But then Cubone is otherwise rare in my area so that's going to be a challenge to find (and the fossil Pokémon but I run into them more often than Cubone).