• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Oh. I put two Pokémon into Gyms because I haven't yet gotten any coins today. One of the Gyms is a Gym I haven't done much at and one that I raid sometimes. I did get a good amount of extra Pokémon I don't need cleared out especially the ones I don't need for Research because I have done them. I'm onto 3/10 raids done for the next panel.
Ah dang.

Cool.

Finally did 3 battles today and I got Shedinja. Little twerp is a pain to catch! :p Also got some items. No gifts today though. Saved up most of this month's space (in terms of cellular data) for the upcoming Community weekend. So pumped!

I know and I'm hoping I'll run into nests of fossil Pokémon soon after the event to catch up. I have saved Research encounters for Aerodactyl (Hatch 2 Eggs) so that I could end up catching it when the time comes. I'm currently walking with Scyther to get candy for it and I've used some Rare Candies so that I can get Scizor earlier. But then Cubone is otherwise rare in my area so that's going to be a challenge to find (and the fossil Pokémon but I run into them more often than Cubone).
Dang... gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for that one. Still don't have an Aerodactyl.

It will be very hard after the event, because the Pokémon that are frequently around during the event will no longer be frequent.

You are required to:
  1. Evolve a Drowzee
  2. Catch a Cubone
  3. Evolve a Scyther
  4. Catch 2 Kabuto or Omanyte
  5. Catch 2 Lileep or Anorith
  6. Catch an Aerodactyl

Today, I basically went around taking over gyms outside of my neighborhood, working on getting more gold gyms. Just hatched two eggs to make space in case I get eggs from Adventure Sync tomorrow morning.
Welp... I already did the first two... but neither spawn where I'm at now (at least not that much). The third one is gonna take forever lol. I wish with 4 and 5. Same with 6. Guess those two are going to take quite awhile before I'm able to get them done.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah dang.

Cool.

Finally did 3 battles today and I got Shedinja. Little twerp is a pain to catch! :p Also got some items. No gifts today though. Saved up most of this month's space (in terms of cellular data) for the upcoming Community weekend. So pumped!
I’m meant to get Shedinja today. I also caught a Nincada from Research and I gotta Pinap that one to get more Nincada candies. I also caught an Alolan Marowak from a raid.

thekorean

I finished Foeld research and was looking forward to Sinnoh stone. Nothing.

What is wrong with them? If you are gonna do that give us another way to get it. I feel screwed.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I finished Foeld research and was looking forward to Sinnoh stone. Nothing.

What is wrong with them? If you are gonna do that give us another way to get it. I feel screwed.
Same for me. I got my Shedinja today and I found out I didn't get a Sinnoh Stone for it. That means I can't get anymore Sinnoh evolutions for the time being until it comes back. And today was an amazing opportunity to put Pokémon in Gyms today. I put Pokémon in 5 different Gyms at one time, which is the most I have had for a while.

Vipsoccermaster

Same for me. I got my Shedinja today and I found out I didn't get a Sinnoh Stone for it. That means I can't get anymore Sinnoh evolutions for the time being until it comes back. And today was an amazing opportunity to put Pokémon in Gyms today. I put Pokémon in 5 different Gyms at one time, which is the most I have had for a while.
Getting a Sinnoh Stone from Research Breakthrough is still possible, just no longer guaranteed.

Today, I completed a bunch of field research tasks. Got another gold gym, in an area where connection is really unstable, so that gym is now done. Not many gyms left to get gold in my downtown city area.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Getting a Sinnoh Stone from Research Breakthrough is still possible, just no longer guaranteed.

Today, I completed a bunch of field research tasks. Got another gold gym, in an area where connection is really unstable, so that gym is now done. Not many gyms left to get gold in my downtown city area.
I just found out that it wasn't guaranteed but the chances are not known yet.

I took part in two raids today, a Cresselia raid and a Mawile raid. I caught both but they didn't really have the best IVs. I think I got a 10/10/10 Cresselia, which is the worst possible combination. Unfortunately Mawile wasn't shiny either.

thekorean

If there are alternate ways to get it, its fine. But there isn't. Potentially you could wait a MONTh before you get another one now.

They make this game so frustrating to play.

Vipsoccermaster

If there are alternate ways to get it, its fine. But there isn't. Potentially you could wait a MONTh before you get another one now.

They make this game so frustrating to play.
There will be alternative ways of obtaining the Sinnoh Stone. It just hasn't been implemented yet. Research Breakthrough, currently, is the only method.

thekorean

There will be alternative ways of obtaining the Sinnoh Stone. It just hasn't been implemented yet. Research Breakthrough, currently, is the only method.
I am sure they will but when?

Frustrating, it really is.

I got NOTHING from 50km the first time around. Just Pokeballs and incredibly small amount of stardust. No eggs. Are these people trying to troll their own players?

I have all these Pokemons with enough candies and I can't evolve them because for some reason Niantic trolls us by releasing very little Gen IV Pokemons and make is wait eternity. And the evolution we get? Pfft, I know, lets screw the players over by making them get the item once every month.

The problem with this is if I have a bad luck I have to wait at least another week. And even then its not a guarantee.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, today Go was quite literally unplayable for me. The game would crash on me every five to ten minutes at the most. At times, it would would crash upon entering the loading screen four to five times in a row. The game is less stable for me right now than it was way back when it first launched, and crashes were common. I haven't experienced regular game crashes in quite some time, and only in the past two weeks or so have I been experiencing them again. And today was just a whole new level. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the update I installed today.

Is anyone else having similar issues, or is this just my problem?

EDIT: Just an update. I was still having the same problem today, but I managed to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Last edited:

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Finally made an excellent throw (and then I made another one because it's easier when you don't need them) and then caught Ditto, which got me onto the next step of the research. I've also got an Aerodactyl reward redeemed but not caught so I can catch it for the research later.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Finally got to evolve my best Electrike into a Manectric :). I came across an Electrike in my yard and caught it and it was just enough to be able to power my one I wanted to evolve once and then evolve it. Deleted my other Electrike I had, so now I'm down to 338 Pokemon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Finally got to evolve my best Electrike into a Manectric :). I came across an Electrike in my yard and caught it and it was just enough to be able to power my one I wanted to evolve once and then evolve it. Deleted my other Electrike I had, so now I'm down to 338 Pokemon.
Congratulations! I levelled up to Lv 34 and it seems to me that I’m getting EXP quite quickly. Did another Cresselia raid but it’s IVs wasn’t that great.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Congratulations! I levelled up to Lv 34 and it seems to me that I’m getting EXP quite quickly. Did another Cresselia raid but it’s IVs wasn’t that great.
Thanks! Congrats on your rank up! Ah.

Just hoping for some good luck these next few days.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks! Congrats on your rank up! Ah.

Just hoping for some good luck these next few days.
Yeah, hoping that it'll be the same for you too.

I took part in a Deoxys EX Raid and I caught it! Not as good as the other Deoxys but still I would keep both.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, hoping that it'll be the same for you too.

I took part in a Deoxys EX Raid and I caught it! Not as good as the other Deoxys but still I would keep both.
Thanks!

It was! Found a shiny Charmander. And a Mareep. Also got some items and a gift or so, along with a 5 km egg.

Lucky!

Got to take part in a Absol raid today... very, very tough. Little twerp knew Thunder and it wrecked my team and the one other person helping out.

Got a silly CP Pokemon today as well, a Larvitar with 555 CP (same as the fake Hollywood movie/tv show prefix). Named him Faux Number. :p

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Already found a shiny Charmander which is awesome! I'm super excited with this event!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks!

It was! Found a shiny Charmander. And a Mareep. Also got some items and a gift or so, along with a 5 km egg.

Lucky!

Got to take part in a Absol raid today... very, very tough. Little twerp knew Thunder and it wrecked my team and the one other person helping out.

Got a silly CP Pokemon today as well, a Larvitar with 555 CP (same as the fake Hollywood movie/tv show prefix). Named him Faux Number. :p
Never ever participated in an Absol raid but I would like to at some point. I caught a good number of Pokémon and I caught a shiny Squirtle! I fully evolved that one into a Blastoise.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Never ever participated in an Absol raid but I would like to at some point. I caught a good number of Pokémon and I caught a shiny Squirtle! I fully evolved that one into a Blastoise.
Ah. Just happened to spot it as I was leaving an area park. Decided to take a shot at it. Sweet! Congrats on the catch.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. Just happened to spot it as I was leaving an area park. Decided to take a shot at it. Sweet! Congrats on the catch.
What shinies have you found so far? I only found Squirtle so far. Hopefully I’ll find some others.