• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Yesterday, it was the Invasion of the Drowzee for me. Today, it was the Invasion of the Poliwag, Goldeen, and Weedle. As in, went northward in my neighborhood, rather than southward, which brought me to a park where a lot of people were dropping lures. In the process, on the positive side, I was able to snag a few Slowpoke and a Meowth (which I was missing dex entries for), but literally 75% of the other Pokémon I caught were Poliwag, Goldeen, or Weedle (as opposed to the 90% Drowzee rate of yesterday). XD Buuut on the other hand, this also meant I was able to evolve my way into owning a Poliwhirl and earn enough stardust to almost get my Hypno fully trained.

Also, in the wee hours of the morning I discovered the glory of incense and wound up catching a bunch of Pokémon while sitting around in my apartment, including an Eevee.

Dezmond

Got extremely excited when I found a random Wartotle using a Lure on a Pokéstop. Also did notice a place which had Squirtles. But sadly didn't find any before they disappeared completely from the map.
Had a good day with eggs finding Porygon, Ekans, Vulpix and Sandshrew all which I haven't found walking around.

AmenFashion

Just got back from a 3 hour Pokemon hunt around my city.
Scored a Magmar in my 10km egg! He came with 20 candies, so I maxed him out at 980 CP. Was able to take over 3 gyms in my area.

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum
I finally managed to get the servers working for me, so now I'm going to head to the local park in hopes of encountering new dex entries and hatching some eggs! It's a bit hot out and I'd rather go at around 5:00 when it's cooled off, but I don't know how long it's going to take and don't want to get caught trying to make my way home at 9:00 pm :') I really wish I had a bike, but sadly I need to get mine fixed and the shop is closed today.

Will update with my results!

[UPDATE] Alright! I'm back! It was a nice 2.5 hour-ish walk, although I weenied out on going to the park since I wasn't sure it was open and didn't want to trespass, and ended up going to my local shopping centre instead. Near the park was a gym, though, so I claimed it for the glory of team Instinct, but I sadly didn't get to hold it for very long :') (I'll have my revenge one day, team Valor!!! o9)

At the shopping centre, though, there was a level 2 gym held by two Instinct members. I decided to level it up to 3 and drop my pokemon in there as well! If it's not claimed tomorrow, I'll head back and try and get it to level 4!

I managed to hatch a ton of eggs, which was nice and sent me up to level 16! Although, it's not quite as high as I wanted to get to today. I would have walked more, but I needed to host a funeral for my phone's battery life. I can't for the life of me figure out how people have already gotten to level 20 :/

None of the pokemon hatched were terribly interesting, but I was able to evolve a couple and snag some extra XP from their dex entries. I didn't really run into many new or interesting pokemon either, unless you count being accosted by a horde of zubat.

I was greeted as I arrived back home with a wild deerling in my yard, but sadly I couldn't catch it :p

Last edited:

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Today was a good day! lol

While running errands and just driving around, I managed to stop by the mall and get a pokestops and see what they would give me. One of the Pokestops had a lure active but I didn't stay there long. Way too many people because it was in the foodcourt >_> Going to a used bookstore later on I actually liked what I got over there and it had a lure active as well. Got three eggs, a lot of pokeballs, potions and revives.

I managed to capture Caterpie, Mankey, Doduo, Geodude, Growlithe, Nidoran female, Nidorino, a Pikachu and a few more Pidgey to help me evolve a Pidgey into Pidgeotto. I've seen Eevees, and I tried capturing one, but those are always running away from me! >.<

I was at Stanford shopping mall in Palo Alto, California at like 9PM just chilling with a pretty cool guy at a lure spot. We were both just talking about the game and how we'd progressed yada yada when a security approached us with a woman right besides him. I was worried or anything but thought it was kind of strange. When they got close enough the security guard asked us if we were playing "the game". I laughed looking at the other guy with me and we both said yes. The security guard then asked us to explain the game to the lady! Supposedly she had been hearing about it and wanted to know more. We spent the next few minutes showing her how it work and the security guard would exclaim every once in a while like "no wonder ive seen packs of kids everywhere" and "we have had reports of kids running into walls too". I've had a lot of fun playing so far and the people I've met have all made it an experience that I won't forget!

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Right, so, today early in the morning I went out for a walk(First time in my life). My parents were absolutely happy and shocked that I went out. Anyway, coming to the point, I have noticed that certain Pokemon appear during a certain point of time, like I encountered a Meowth last night, but, none today. I happened to catch a few Magikarps, and, I really wish to get a lot of these, because, I find gyarados to be a really strong Pokemon among GEN I Pokemon. Another thing that happened is that I made two new friends on the walk. I won't be surprised if somebody finds their soulmate while trying to catch Pokemon. There will be a trend in the future going: "Son, it all started with a Pokemon."

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum
I was at Stanford shopping mall in Palo Alto, California at like 9PM just chilling with a pretty cool guy at a lure spot. We were both just talking about the game and how we'd progressed yada yada when a security approached us with a woman right besides him. I was worried or anything but thought it was kind of strange. When they got close enough the security guard asked us if we were playing "the game". I laughed looking at the other guy with me and we both said yes. The security guard then asked us to explain the game to the lady! Supposedly she had been hearing about it and wanted to know more. We spent the next few minutes showing her how it work and the security guard would exclaim every once in a while like "no wonder ive seen packs of kids everywhere" and "we have had reports of kids running into walls too". I've had a lot of fun playing so far and the people I've met have all made it an experience that I won't forget!

Oh my god, that's hilarious! I love cute little pokemon go stories like this!!! (I think my favourite is probably still post floating around twitter about three guys getting a cop into pokemon go)

I'm actually taking some classes at Stanford over the summer, and I had a similar experience with one of my classmates. While we were walking towards the main quad, I dragged her along on a couple of detours to snag some pokestops. When she asked what it was for, I admitted it was for pokemon go. While she wasn't a player herself, she had heard a lot about it and seemed really interested in learning the mechanics and was happy when I caught pokemon, haha.

According to my mom, some of her friends and friends' kids are playing pokemon go too! Coming from a rural town in virginia where pokemon was basically considered childish and taboo, it always warms my heart to see so many people excited about pokemon, especially when it allows people to come together this way! For a game that's so new and frankly rather basic, it's incredible how much of an impact it's already had!

I won't be surprised if somebody finds their soulmate while trying to catch Pokemon. There will be a trend in the future going: "Son, it all started with a Pokemon."

According to a poster on reddit, someone got a date because of pokemon go! I honestly wouldn't be surprised if people really do find their partner because of pokemon go, haha. So many other crazy things have already happened because of it, after all!

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Went to the city yesterday, managed to catch a Drowzee and a Krabby, along with a bunch of Weedle, Pidgey and Rattata. Caught a Tauros this morning right after I woke up, really happy about that.

The two gyms in my town are now claimed, both by the same person, who's on team Valor. I'm on team Mystic, so when I get a chance to get close enough to them, I'll attempt to take at least one of them over.
On another note, I managed to get my mother interested in the game, even though she kind of hates Pokemon.

Zephraxe

So today, I took a good walk to the downtown area of where I live. There's a good number of Pokéstops over there and a gym sitting over a 9/11 memorial. Before I got there, I stopped at my town's community center where I encountered a CP 599 Pidgeot. Unfortunately it was difficult to catch and I ran out of Pokéballs and Great Balls. Once I reached downtown, I started collecting from the Pokéstops to restock on Pokéballs. After awhile of doing that, I settled down on a bench, put a Lure on a stop, activated an Incense and Lucky Egg, and waited. I found a few Pokémon. My catch of the day so far is definitely my lovely little CP 412 Eevee. I got to level 16, made another round on the stops, then headed home. I hope to catch a few more Eevee to evolve my new Eevee.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Yesterday I caught a Scyther while I was going for a bike ride, and then before I went to bed I encountered a Bulbasaur in my room lol.

So far today I've caught a Horsea and a Shellder. I find that funny since it rained today lol.

Also, yesterday my Eevee evolved into a Jolteon.

Ant_TKD

I sat in my bedroom and hit refresh on the App Store for the hundredth time today.

There was still no Pokémon Go.

We have waited as long as everyone else but now we have been forgotten.

Abandoned by Niantic.

We watched in awe as Pokémon Go was released to the world.

Japan, Australia, New Zealand, then Anerica.

Surely we would be next?

But alas, we are the forgotten. While everyone else enjoys Pokémon Go, While the social media sites flood with screenshots and stories of discovery, we sit here.

We hit refresh.

Oh when will this pain end?

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.
For a place that doesn't even have the app officially (UK), there sure are some eager trainers in my town... went out walking to get balls from stops, found a couple of gyms with weak leaders so took them.. and by the time I'd gotten home one had already been taken from me. :D

Though I have made it my goal to keep a certain gym under my control as best I can.. should be fun!

(Also, what's with the popularity of Valor and Mystic? And the lesser view of clearly superior Instinct?

Last edited:

Xionea

Half a centaur
Today is the first day I walked around outside with Pokemon GO in hand. I ran out of Pokeballs, so I had to venture outside to find some PokeStops in my tiny town. There was luckily a few close together in a public park about 20 minutes away by walking, but the 80 degree weather wasn't making the walk any quicker. Walked around the park a couple times, then walked into the Walmart close by to cool off. The highlight of the exploration was that I found a Lickitung in the food isle! What where you doing there, Mr. Lickitung? I wish I took a picture at the time, that would have been funny to show off.
Overall, it was pretty fun exploring my town a little bit, but I don't think I'll do it much with this hot weather...

Also an old coworker's brother was playing GO with a cop last night, that was pretty funny to see.

Theo-92

It's getting ridiculous where I live. It's a fairly average sized town (Hull been in the news around the world last weekend due to an art stunt called Sea of Hull) and you can't look in a direction without seeing at least one person looking back and forth at their phone, standing still every 10 seconds, walking around sporadically and it's not even had an official release over here yet!

Ended up walking round with someone I haven't met before charging my phone through his laptop for a while until we bumped into some else who had multiple travel chargers, I have my own but turns out it was a cheap and poorly made one which didn't last long but yet it was a gift so I don't mind.Taking into account a week ago this would never happen what so ever it's just bizzare.

Mileron

This morning's haul was minimal - a Pikachu at my train station, and a Tentacruel between my stop and my office.
I got a Squirtle out of one of my eggs.
I had to toss 50 Pokeballs due to hitting too many Pokestops on my commute, coupled with getting a bunch from hitting level 9.

I ran into two people on Saturday and had a brief chat with them, and while I've heard coworkers and other people talking about it (in another walk yesterday) no one approached me.

Maybe I should print a little Team Mystic graphic and hang it on my desk. Hah.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Gotten woken up at 7:30 by my mom (she's playing GO too) and suggested we go to a local park to hit some pokestops. We walked around, she caught a Mankey, and mainly saw common Pokemon. We sat down in the shade to watch the birds and realized we were between two pokestops. We just kept spinning them and watched the birds for an hour XD It was wonderful. We each caught a Bulbasaur between spins as well as a Poliwag (both of which I needed) and then I hunted down and captured a Tentacruel (which is pretty surprising to me since I haven't even seen any Tentacool yet). Also pretty close to hatching an egg, so we'll see what will come of that.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I just went for a short walk around the block, looking for Pokemon that I had not caught that were nearby. First one was a Meowth, did not find it. Second was an Eevee, did not find it. I caught two weedle's and a Spearow but no sign of the two I really wanted. I evolved my Spearow into Fearow and I'm so close to evolving my Kukuna into Beedrill.

I really wish that they would tell you which direction to go when you're searching for a specific Pokemon.

Update: just caught a Jigglypuff in my backyard when I was letting my dog in the house so I could put her to bed when I found it. Finally, I caught something that I don't already have.

Last edited:

Kruzenic

Over the past few days, I've had 3 separate critical captures (where the pokeball only shakes once before capture is complete).
The first two were common critters like Caterpie that I had caught before. This lead me to believe that this capture mechanic applies to high recapture rates.
That is until today when I was proven wrong. I caught a Nidorino near a pokestop I had put a lure on. I had never caught a Nidorino before but sure enough, after 1 wobble, caught!