• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Vape-oreon

we get it u vape
So today, I took a good walk to the downtown area of where I live. There's a good number of Pokéstops over there and a gym sitting over a 9/11 memorial. Before I got there, I stopped at my town's community center where I encountered a CP 599 Pidgeot. Unfortunately it was difficult to catch and I ran out of Pokéballs and Great Balls. Once I reached downtown, I started collecting from the Pokéstops to restock on Pokéballs. After awhile of doing that, I settled down on a bench, put a Lure on a stop, activated an Incense and Lucky Egg, and waited. I found a few Pokémon. My catch of the day so far is definitely my lovely little CP 412 Eevee. I got to level 16, made another round on the stops, then headed home. I hope to catch a few more Eevee to evolve my new Eevee.

I'm so jealous, I really want a strong Eevee to get a strong Vaporeon. I only have 3 weak ones :'00
The Eevees around from where I live are weak or rare. (Most by construction sites lmao)

Pokemon GO brought me and some others really close at my job! The day after it came out (next work day) I saw literally everyone on their phones and my friend told me, "Hey, you have Pokemon go right" ,, I got super excited and showed him my phone. Some were ALREADY level 6, when I was level 4 and we all started discussing about the game mechanics. There's a gym right outside where we are, and a pokestop behind, so a lot of us take the gym or use a lure module. Team Instinct is EVERYWHERE over here. Everyone at my job is Team Instinct I'm Team Mystic and my brother is Team Valor.
Overall, I'm super happy that a childhood dream like catching pokemon is becoming more true AND bringing lots of people together. I saw a guy smiling a ton when he paced around and gave occasional swipes at his phone :> I also saw a group of little girls having fun and literally looking in grass/bushes for an oddish

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Well, Came home and saw that the nearby church was no longer Mystics, but Instinct now :c lol

Between shifts, while driving around and stopping to catch Pokemon, I got an Ekans, a Growlithe, an Abra, and an Exeggute.

Coming home I actually found another Ekans and a Vulpix in my room and out in my drive way :p Wish I wasn't so lazy about hitting the near by mall to get the many pokestops it has >.<

Edit: Update on the Gym Church. Got taken over by Mystic once again lol

Last edited:

Vape-oreon

we get it u vape
Well, Came home and saw that the nearby church was no longer Mystics, but Instinct now :c lol

Between shifts, while driving around and stopping to catch Pokemon, I got an Ekans, a Growlithe, an Abra, and an Exeggute.

Coming home I actually found another Ekans and a Vulpix in my room and out in my drive way :p Wish I wasn't so lazy about hitting the near by mall to get the many pokestops it has >.<

Edit: Update on the Gym Church. Got taken over by Mystic once again lol

Team Mystic FTW!!!
I have yet to see any Vulpix in my area.. lucky. This game is making me go crazy. I never like being outside and now I never want to be home lmao,,
I need to buy a portable charger soon...
Also, I took 2 gyms for Team Mystic, so whooop! I also saw two others join my gym so yay

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
I caught a Weedle at my house today. That's about it. The constant lack of a good signal prevents me from doing much else.

lvirden

Had an odd situation yesterday. Been playing PGo! With my daughter. Often we encounter the same pokemon and both catch similar ones (sometimes w different cp values)
Yesterday we found something new... I forget what. It was in nearby box w 1 footprint. We went across the parking lot in different directions calling out progress and warning about traffic. This truck drove by... and the pokémon vanished. I looked and the truck had 3 players.

I think they caught the pokémon before we got a chance.
We are trying to start the encounters simultaneously. If one of us starts too much before the other the other loses the pokémon from the nearby box

Echo Nacyl

I had a great day today. Explored the city for condensed areas of PokeStops and found 4 great places to walk around. The nearest to home has 6 Stops and 2 Gyms (when I left both were Team Instinct, but they probably aren't now). The next nearest is conveniently a familiar campus to me, which has a great spot that's within range of 3 PokeStops and mere steps from 2 more (and there are others nearby, as well as two gyms). While exploring, I walked to the neighboring store and caught my first Ponyta (another having escaped yesterday). Further down the road I discovered that the largest campus in the city has about 25 PokeStops and 2-3 gyms. Across the city, near the water, I discovered another sizable handful of stops, but did not have the time to park and explore.
Fast forward a couple hours, and I found an Omanyte at the first of the above locations, as well as the Growlithe I needed to get my Arcanine.
I was comfortably sitting at home for a bit when a Magnemite appeared a couple houses down, which I caught (and thus added to my dex).
I just returned from my last walk for the night, on which I captured two NidoranM, a CP 517 Ponyta, and a Bulbasaur.
Got home, settled down, and then a Scyther spawned right on top of me!
Overall today has wielded some new dex entries (Ponyta, Arcanine, Magnemite, Omanyte, and Scyther) and has brought me to level 13.5 or so.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I walked around in my small town tonight. The only Pokestop we have is at the Post Office, and then the Church right down the road is a Gym. I kept milking the Pokestop tonight, and then I hatched a Poliwag. Right after that I found a Abra. I threw a perfect ball at it, but it teleported. :p When I got home I evolved my Eevee into Vaporeon. Now I just need Flareon!

That was my adventure tonight.

RitsuoSanzaki

Flint Shooter
A Kadabra was in my area. ;v ;" Unfortunately it was incredibly late, so I wasn't able to go out and seek it. On the other hand, I seem to be quite lucky with fire type Pokemon. My starter is Charmander, and the fire types I have caught thus far are Ponyta, Vulpix, and Growlithe. Otherwise, I was able to capture an Eevee and Meowth as well.

Today I found an Arcanine, but my game froze while I was trying to catch it... But I did catch quite a few Pokemon, and got to evolve a Zubat to Golbat.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today in Pokémon GO, there was nothing much because half of the day was riddled with server issues. Other than that, I caught a high CP Exeggcute, which at least compensated for a high CP Exeggcute that ran away yesterday. I also caught a high CP Doduo, which I later evolved into a Dodrio with Steel Wing and Air Cutter.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Okay so two funny/cool things happened today..

Went to the shopping area in my town where a Gym is and saw that someone was trying to take the Gym from Valor. They succeeded and the Gym became neutral.. now, being the cheeky underdog Instinct that I am, while the Gym was neutral I slipped one of my Pokemon in there and a nearby Instinct instantly joined me. However, the Mystics nearby who I assume were the ones taking the gym originally proceeded to kick us out and fill the gym with three Pokemon. It was a cool series of events, unfortunate we didn't come out on top though :D

The second thing was I took a gym in my local park, and as I walked away from the gym spot I saw a man get out a car with mobile in hand.. while walking away I kept an eye on him and as I expected he stopped on top of the gym. Not really being too bothered, as I wanted to evolve the Drowzee I left anyway, I kept an eye on the Gym as I walked further away and he actually failed to take it the first time, but had weakened it enough so that he took it the second. (for Valor if anyone was wondering)

So yeah, two interesting events on today's walk :D

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Finally hatched my first egg today, a male Nidoran, and 1 km left to go on a second one (both of these were 5km eggs). Went in to town today, and noticed team Valor got kicked out of both gyms, and they were taken over by team Instinct. I managed to take ownership of one of the gyms and switch it to Mystic.

As I was driving by one of the Pokestops before this, I noticed some people standing around another person, who was lying on the sidewalk. Ambulance and police showed up not too long after. Not sure exactly what happened, but I am hoping it wasn't an accident caused by someone playing the game.

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
I went out on my morning walk and took over two water tower gyms for team instinct(only to get painted blue or red afterwards xD). I hatched a couple eggs consisting of Tangela and I forget what else. I hung out with some people also playing pokemon go for an hour or so by a pokestop gazebo we put a lure module onto a couple times. I got a note worthy 630-something CP Jynx at the lure module too! :D My best pokemon Poptart the Vaporeon is now CP 955 which I'm really pleased about, and I got to level 15. There are some level 19-20 trainers in the area with 1,000 to 1,200+ CP I want to catch up to as well. Probably going out on another walk later on, but that's all for now~

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I somehow got sucked into this.

Anyway this morning after my final driving session with an instructor (going to do my drivers test this Friday apparently), I somehow found this.

Afterwards I got a haircut and found a Vulpix, an Eevee, a Pidgeotto, and a Bellsprout (I have more but I just noted the ones that weren't common like Pidgey and Weedle). ...And when I went to Subway I also saw others playing it too! Amazing how big this game got! This same subway also gave me my strongest Pokemon which was another Eevee that has a CP of 107 (I forgot to screenshot this).

Now to exercise later and get my first Egg hatched. I walk three miles every other day during exercising which should help my 5.0 KM eggs hatch faster.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Yesterday I went to my local Wal-Mart(Mum needed me to pick something up) and I can't believe the amount of Pokemon that were there.

There was even a Pidgeot and a Venomoth, but I ran out of Poke Balls, so I couldn't catch them... :/

I did add Flareon, Raticate, Caterpie, and Nidoran male to my Pokedex though. :)

Mileron

The pokestop literally 12 feet in front of my office building has been in Lure status almost all day. And I'm about 300 feet too far away to benefit. DOH.

This is my second day of having no pokeballs, I tried to get some from a few pokestops today but server issues prevented that, guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.
Everything was fine yesterday when I was stuck at home, miles from the nearest pokestop, but as soon as I went out to town today the server crashed and I couldn't get anything :/
At least I made a bit of progress on hatching my 2 current eggs.

Sketchie

literally some guy
So, I cosplay as a Team Rocket Grunt, right? I like walking around my city and seeing the reactions because of Pokemon Go. Some notable reactions:
- Many people yelling "TEAM ROCKET!"
- Old people being really confused why there was this one weirdo out with a big red R on their chest
- "What does the R stand for?" "Rocket!" "HELL YEAH!"
- Someone yelling "Gotta catch 'em all!" out of their car
- Someone yelling "PROTECT THE WORLD FROM DEVASTATION!" out of their car
- A police officer told me to stay out of trouble.
And, my personal favorite,
- "Oh sh*t, Team Rocket's here..."

Long story short, I can't wait for Pokemon Go to be battle compatible so I can lose, and grump off muttering about how could a kid beat me?

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
I made a lot of progress today! I went on my usual hour long walking route to see what I could find.
I ended up catching 8 Pokemon. It was mostly Pidgeys and Weedles, but I also managed to find an Eevee, a Drowzee, and a Zubat.
I only passed one Pokestop along the way because I live in an isolated area with few Pokestops.

About an hour after my walk, I caught another Pidgey at my house. Managed to make it to level 4.

I'm finally making progress!