• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Got a second egg hatched tonight, this time, it was a Shellder. Managed to catch both a male and a female Nidoran, and also found a Gastly lurking around my house. Powered up my Tauros and Pidgeot to 312 and 318 respectively. Noticed Tauros was back from the gym, so it looks like I'll have to go back out to re-claim it tomorrow.

DSDark

Breeder
updated to the newest version and shortly after I couldn't sign in through the trainer club

Laurelai

I'm a fire/medic and my partner and I both play. Yesterday we were on duty, and in the evening did a little "area familiarization" training- i.e. checked on the local poke stops. Anyway, there was a park that had 4 or 5 stops and someone had plopped in 2 lure modules. So there we are, two "mature" medics, happily catching pokemon in our ambulance (mind you, we were in service and there would be no delay responding as we were in the truck). Not too far away was one of the local police. We pulled up and waved and said good evening. He waved back and asked how our evening was going. Having no shame, I brandished my phone and announced "We're catching pokemon, and this is a hot spot!!" The officer then brandished *his* phone and said "I know! They're my lures!!" :D

RitsuoSanzaki

Flint Shooter
Today I intended to get to level 5 in order to challenge my local gym, and get to w working pokestop. However, neither of which happened. xu x" I and my cousin walked around soccer fields and down neighborhoods, but never once did a pokemon encounter occur- even if I stood in a tuft of moving grass. There was a point where a pokemon happened to be at my house- but still would not show up.
However, I was able to explore a massive soccer field with hundreds of people participating in some sort of event- more people than I'd seen before. And on the way home, we met a man who was practicing mixed martial arts and came from a local dojo.
I spoke with two other players who were int he park at the time, and they also confirmed that the pokestop we were trying to get to didn't work. So although I didn't catch pokemon, I did meet a lot of interesting people.

fhqwhgads

I managed to check it at 2AM and see a Dratini 2 steps from my house, so I ran out in the rain to finally catch it, having missed a previous Dratini and Dragonair discovery. Slow climb through level 18 since I'm taking the day off from going around.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Oh I hatched my second egg today! It was a Grimer. :D I want a Muk, sadly it may always be a Grimer.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
So, I had a fantastic morning. I walked around almost 6-7KM and caught about 5-6 new Pokemon. A lot of Voltorbs. I caught a Meowth and a Paras. The best catch of the morning were my Electrode and y Kingler. I also hatched a Koffing and an Ekans and a 93CP Caterpie. I caught a few repeats that will be useful for evolution. I also managed to catch a Magnemite but, it has it's own story.

So, the story goes as follows. I reached an area abundant in Magnemite and Voltorbs. I clicked on one of the three magnemite and started tracking it. I walked about 600-700m before taking a left. Following that, I walked about 700m and the magnemite appeared. I quickly made way towards it and clicked it....(Is this a story? Everybody does this!). The Game froze. Oh, and this showed up after a total of 3KM walking. Anyway, continuing. I turned off the app and opened it again. The Mag was gone. I had three more on the nearby Pokemon list, so, I selected another and started walking. After walking about 300M, I realized, I;m walking in the wrong direction. I turned around, walked 200M back and took a left. I'm already way off track to where I was suppose to go(HOME). Waking straight in, at about 100M, I found an electrode. I quickly tossed a couple of RAZZ berries and then Pokeball to catch it. I carried on to find the mag. On the way, I saw a Kingler on the nearby list, 3 steps. I took a detour and started tracking the Kingler. About 800-1000M, I found it. Caught it in my first attempt with an excellent, which was good. I then carried ahead, now on the detour. Walking straight, I was definetly in a place I had never been before, but the map saved me. I managed to get back on the street that I was suppose to be on. It was about 2KM far fro where I was. Walking disappointed at not being able to catch a magnemite, I made my way home. I found a Shellder and Omanyte on the map, but, I could never find them. They were probably caught by someone else. Coming right near my home, I found a magnemite....Walked almost 6-7KM and found a magnemite right next to my house. :|

Anyway, chasing the mag, I found two fantastic Pokemon.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Best day ever lol

Well didn't catch anything new besides a Zubat to register to my Pokedex. Caught multiple Pidgey around the mall as we as Paras, and few Eevee. Mostly Pidgeys. Capturing them managed to help me evolve Pidgeotto into Pidgeot. So it was a good day.

Besides that, I managed to suck in my sister into this lol She's not that into Pokemon, but had a soft spot for Squirtle and has decided to hunt for Growlithe and Eevee. So happy she joined my team to drive around and capture many Pokemon X3

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
so yesterday I ran into a pidgeot and I didn't have anymore pokeballs to catch it with >.< I took a picture in the dark which I need to upload it to show you guys the crazy how I had to let that one go and run which need to go to local pokestops to stock up pokeballs like crazy >.<

Vape-oreon

we get it u vape
Me and my brother are rivals, haha.
Earlier today, as me and my brother were walking to our job, we saw this dude with a girl trying to fight the gym across the street, so me and my brother stayed a little since a Drowzee appeared. By the time we caught the Pokemon, the gym became neutral, so I quickly shoved one of my Pokemon in there, Electabuzz, I believe and we started running away so they wouldn't see us. We saw on our phones that the guy was battling it once again. After work, I saw my fainted Pokemon but also 3 other Team Mystics managed to recover the gym from the guy for me anyway, so hurray! :D They had a really strong Lapras, around 900+ CP.

Long story short, it was fun running away laughing for making a mean move, but I guess that's what makes this game so fun. That, and meeting lots of cool nerds.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Ive been playing since released, tho Im still only lv12. If I didnt have a job, Id probably be lv30 by now haha xD

I really like this game, give up my lunch times to play outside off work since thers a nearby park and gyms there from my workplace.

Shraeder

It's Lit
The past few days have been very interesting for me. Saturday night I had a Dragonite run away from me when I was 100 EXP away from getting 10 Razz Berries. The next day I went on a hunt with my friend and basically was just restocking all the Pokeballs I lost against Dragonite, and I found my first 500CP Pokemon (Pinsir). Then the next day I went on another night run with some friends and ended up hatching a Lapras, catching a wild Nidoking (had 666CP, illuminati confirmed) and Amstar, and evolving my Charmander to Charmeleon (FINALLY) as well as my Ponyta to Rapidash and my Eevee to Jolteon (my fav eeveelution). Overall its been a great week of catching so far, hopefully the next few days are just as good! I plan on going on a Pokemon Go-run at the beach so maybe I'll find some cool water types.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
Managed to hatch a 500 CP ponyta yesterday, and raised my Vaporeon to 1085. I keep beating the gym next door to my house, but the last pokemon keeps locking at 1hp and I either have to reboot my phone or it kicks me to timed out after about 2 minutes with no rewards.

Also, is there anywhere specific I should try to visit that may have a better chance of evolved/rarer pokemon? I'm almost level 17 and haven't even seen anything rare yet in my area despite walking between 5-10 km (based on eggs) away.

Grey Wind

Finally ventured into town today and I was surprised by the amount of gyms and what not. Hit up a bunch of Pokestops and got four eggs (two 5k, a 10k and a 2k) and I'm close to hatching the first two. Abra and Magikarp were the only new captures I made but I did see a Jynx silhouette nearby and I caught enough Pidgey and Weedle to get Pidgeot and Beedrill. I think imma head to the lake tomorrow, there were a bunch of Pokestops there and I wanna see if I can find a Poliwag.

Bariokie

rock dog
So, I cosplay as a Team Rocket Grunt, right? I like walking around my city and seeing the reactions because of Pokemon Go. Some notable reactions:
- Many people yelling "TEAM ROCKET!"
- Old people being really confused why there was this one weirdo out with a big red R on their chest
- "What does the R stand for?" "Rocket!" "HELL YEAH!"
- Someone yelling "Gotta catch 'em all!" out of their car
- Someone yelling "PROTECT THE WORLD FROM DEVASTATION!" out of their car
- A police officer told me to stay out of trouble.
And, my personal favorite,
- "Oh sh*t, Team Rocket's here..."

Long story short, I can't wait for Pokemon Go to be battle compatible so I can lose, and grump off muttering about how could a kid beat me?

You are literally my hero.
I'll cosplay Gold if battle update comes.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
So, I cosplay as a Team Rocket Grunt, right? I like walking around my city and seeing the reactions because of Pokemon Go. Some notable reactions:
- Many people yelling "TEAM ROCKET!"
- Old people being really confused why there was this one weirdo out with a big red R on their chest
- "What does the R stand for?" "Rocket!" "HELL YEAH!"
- Someone yelling "Gotta catch 'em all!" out of their car
- Someone yelling "PROTECT THE WORLD FROM DEVASTATION!" out of their car
- A police officer told me to stay out of trouble.
And, my personal favorite,
- "Oh sh*t, Team Rocket's here..."

Long story short, I can't wait for Pokemon Go to be battle compatible so I can lose, and grump off muttering about how could a kid beat me?

This... is priceless. I'm going to cosplay now. XD I've always wanted to anyways. ;)

Anyways, on my way back from an appointment I ran into my first Gastly. I actually got really excited. I went to catch it and the game froze and the server went down. -.- So a big .... ...

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
That is pretty cool, Sketchie. :)

Today was a monumental day for me. I helped level and reinforce a gym for yellow (finally, somebody else on Team Instinct!) and I caught an ivysaur at lunch. Hoorah

Vroomer

Caught a Jigglypuff in the bathroom on my sink this morning. Picked up a 2nd Metapod on the way out of the dentist office.

Will be hatching some eggs tonight as we go on a family walk around a lake. :D

Mileron

I hit level 10 this morning from catching my first Dodrio.
Also caught a Raticate, a Machop, and a Horsea.
I saw a Starmie yesterday, but it ran/escaped after only two throws.
Also saw a Tauros this morning, but for some bizarre reason I couldn't activate battle with it. (Boo.)

I hit so many 'Stops on my commute that I keep having to toss about 50 'balls and ~20 potions a day, and I can't hatch eggs fast enough to continue to get them from the 'Stops :(

I see there's a 50-item bag upgrade in the Shop. Anyone know if there's a max?

Bariokie

rock dog
The gym I captured got taken over by some stupid red team guy >_>
I swear, it should be almost impossible to be level 24 if you arn't a beta tester or pay money right?