• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Used Incense on my way to work. Confirmed to me that I live in a bit of a dead zone, all I found until I got to town was commons. In town I found a few decent things, Horsea, Eevee (199 CP, will probably evolve it), Meowth, but nothing special. I'm taking a longer route to and from work so I can hit the Stops in town. Also I evolved my high CP Pidgey to Pidgeot. It gained Steel Wing as a Pidgeotto, then lost it to Wing Attack and Air Cutter, I think, as Pidgeot. It's currently at a gym in town as there was a space. I need to go back out again once my phone is charged, I'll probably take the long route by the river like I did yesterday, see if I can get a few Magikarps and Poliwags as I know they are down there. Also the tracker isn't working, I assumed it was my GPS signal, but according to reddit it's a bug. Tracking is currently impossible as everything stays on three footprints no matter how close it is to you and a connected bug appears to be there is no location data for where you caught something showing up.

I should have had a battery pack delivered yesterday. Turns out I accidentally sent it to my parents house, so now I need to wait until they've sent it down here.

Edit: I've just checked the app and found one of my eggs is stuck at 2.0/2.0 km.

Last edited:

Owltie

The biggest problem I've seemed to encounter with the game thus far is that, living in a rural town of 1400 people, few Pokémon are encountered. I can understand the one gym and three Pokéstops. I suppose I can understand not many people playing in my town causing fewer "rare" Pokémon to appear. But what is frustrating is finding just FIVE Pokémon in a thirty minute period of using an incense. That item is rarely acquired through leveling or the shop, and yet yielding just one Pokémon every five to six minutes is just too underwhelming for an item that's supposed to attract Pokémon. I realize that the majority of players probably have access to urban areas where far more Pokémon are available, but the incense item really should yield a Pokémon at least every two minutes to give rural players a chance at 30 Pokémon per hour. And, honestly, it could do well to introduce like one or two rare Pokémon each use (30 minutes) rather than mere Rattatas over and over.

I'm sure once I move back to a college town for graduate school in a month I'll be swarmed by Pokémon, but for the month leading up to that, it's not much "fun" to encounter 100 CP Pidgeys galore when I'm Trainer Level 17. I've a friend up in South Bend, Indiana, who is level 17 and she encounters all kinds of rarer Pokémon up near the 800-900 range. I'm really a bit jealous at the possibilities.

Little Missy

Free cake for all~
Had both a good and bad day today, here's how it went:

- I live in a village which is an absolute dead-zone, 0 PokeStops, 0 Gyms and 0 'wild' Pokemon in the 'Nearby' box. So I decided to walk to the nearest village around 2.4 miles away.

- Got there, found that there were tons of densely packed Pokestops, Gyms and pokemon around so I was really pleased. Decided to get lunch in a cafe before heading out exploring.

- Whilst eating my delicious smoked salmon sandwich and leek & potato soup I used an incense and managed to catch a load of Pokemons including A 400 CP HAUNTER!!

- Went out exploring and saw that the local castle ruins was actually a PokeGym. So I walked to the castle and it turns out you need £5 to go in which I didn't have so I turned back.

- This was when the awful incident struck and the Pokemon servers went down whilst I was walking back down the hill from the castle.

- Met a young father with two cute kids pushing a pushchair up the hill and he asked me if I was playing Pokemon Go, I said yes.

- We bonded over the fact that we had both walked up a giant hill to get to a PokeGym only to find that the servers were down.

- We walked back down and talked a lot, his 5 year old daughter was super cute and kept trying to hold my hand, eventually we parted ways but agreed we'd both come back to the castle and take over the Gym because we were both team Valour.

- Then I walked back home.

Hopefully the servers come back up soon. I want to travel back tomorrow to claim all the other Gyms~

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
image_zpsydfckc14.png

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
I guess this could count as "recent happenings", so I'm going to post it up.

All right just for all of you not in the know yet, a hacking group called PoodleCorp has shut down the servers so nobody can get on. Keep your eyes peeled for any updates.

Laurelai

I guess this could count as "recent happenings", so I'm going to post it up.

All right just for all of you not in the know yet, a hacking group called PoodleCorp has shut down the servers so nobody can get on. Keep your eyes peeled for any updates.

Meh, they took credit, but no clue of it was really hacked. More likely is the overwhelming server load.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Caught a Dragonite by a river trail! Unfortunately, it's CP bar was at minimum (40CP and I'm level 12), and I haven't caught any others from the family so no candies to power up... Luckily, it and dratini apparently spawn at that point regularly, talking to someone else who happened to be there who had a friend catch it there the other day.

Still, one down on my list of favorite pokemon! ^_^

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
I was all excited because I had time to play today but the servers were down :(
Oh well. Maybe tomorrow will be a better GO day :)

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Today is my lucky day! XD
I caught a lot of nre Pokémon and they are powerful!
- Pinsir 292
- Koffing (I already have some) 214
- Ponyta 341
And I evolved some other Pokémon (now I have a new Raticate and Pidgeot XD)

xEryChan

Demon Child
So today, I went into New York City which has so many PokeStops and gyms. Not to mention, Pokemon. I ended up catching so many Pokemon, like Gastly, Ekans, Ponyta, Growlithe. I also got two levels while walking around the city. I also went to see Aladdin on Broadway which was absolutely amazing. If you haven't seen it, go check it out. Seriously, it's great and the guy plays Genie totally refrenced Go. It was so funny, everyone was laughing so hard.

Also, one of my eggs hatched into Charmander and I was so close to cathcing Squirtle but it kept breaking out of all the PokeBalls I threw at it before it ran away. I was really sad over that.

But today was a good day for me, go wise.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Earlier around 2PM I checked what the weather was like, I have about 2 hours of sunshine.

All week its been raining and sunny, so this was my only chance.

I raided two free Instinct gyms in the way and left my Pinsir and Pidgeot, and took the free 20 coins from them.

It was very VERY windy when I was walking in the sidewalk XD Luckily I was wearing a snow jacket, even though the sun was out, it was cold wind blowing at me D:

When I got home, I switched to my home wifi and checked my gyms. FOund out my Pidgeot was defeatedm but Pinsir is still standing XD

Im not worried. I already took the free 20 coins any way xD

Oh, I also hatched a Jigglypuff, Ekans and Rattata today. Free candies and stardusts though XD

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Finally managed to catch a Bellsprout yesterday before the servers went down. Went to the beach, but the servers were down the entire time we were there, so I missed out the chance of getting some water types. Noticed the gyms had both been taken over by someone new. Makes me wonder if these are passerbys or locals.

Whenever I get a chance, I'll go set up a lure at one of the easily accessible pokestops, maybe I'll meet a few people.

I can't wait to be able to properly walk again so I can thoroughly enjoy every aspect of the game.

Well, yesterday the servers went down two hours into my walk around town so that got cut short. More annoyingly, I saw a Blastoise on the tracker, but since it isn't working I had no idea where to find it. I hope they get this fixed soon, it's almost impossible for me to catch anything new because I can't find the rare things when they appear. I did manage to catch my first Paras yesterday though.

This morning I walked down to work at around 4:30am, caught quite a few Drowzee and Eevee. Was hoping the servers would be fine when I finished work an hour ago, nope. I guess we can't play at weekends in the afternoon for now.

I think I'm going to head into the nearest city on Friday, my next day off. See if I can catch anything new, and they have free city centre wifi so I should have a decent connection. I also have a late shift at work Wednesday, so I think Tuesday night I'll go out at about 11 and go into town. Might finally get a Gastly (or a few, hopefully, I'd like a Gengar). I hope the tracker gets fixed before I do any of this, it would make everything so much easier.

Ithanul

Had breakfeast in town. A few pidgeys and usual where about. Since I had to get the alternator for my truck tested went over to the auto parts store. Right at the intersection manage to nab a Pikachu.

Got back to the house and I did about 6.7 mile cycling ride over to the near by small town. (I live out in rural farm area so nothing near by the house) Found it had two Gyms, took the lv5 one down by myself that Team Instinct had control over. Went near the post office and found a squirtel. So finally have that one now.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Did quite a number of things since my last post.

The past two days I went up to the PokeSpot at Dunkin Donuts to collect some PokeBalls, Potions, etc. I also hatched some Eggs that contained Drowzee, Rattata, Tentacool, Diglett, and Geodude. Currently trying to hatch a 10 KM and another 5 KM Egg. I'm halfway through the former and one KM in on the latter. Also evolved a few Pokemon such as Caterpie, Weedle, and Eevee into Metapod, Kakuna, and Flareon. Currently level 9 and I obtained a number of new Pokemon between the mall and back today. From the time of my last post, I've caught:

Metapod
Kakuna
Raticate
Fearow
Ekans
Nidoran♀
Nidoran♂
Golbat
Oddish
Diglett
Bellsprout
Tentacool
Geodude
Slowpoke
Krabby
Koffing
Goldeen
Staryu
Flareon

Seen: 38
Caught: 36

Shraeder

It's Lit
Somehow found and caught a 1065 CP Venusaur inside of my friend's house XD. Also managed to take 4 gyms and hold them for about 8 hours, and evolved my 535 CP Growlithe into a 1269 Aracnine, which is now my strongest Pokemon . Ended the day at level 17, hopefully I can get to 20 by the end of the week.

Vape-oreon

we get it u vape
Okay, so I went to the big Pokemon Go meetup at The Bean and it was so cool. The servers were down for almost everyone, but some people were crowded in the middle of the area to take the gym, which was formerly Team Valor, but us Mystics took over at the end! >:} There was a few team Instincts, but we all had fun. I think the only time we were uncomfortable was when protesters from Black Lives Matter showed up. I don't know what they were doing but I do know that security came and some people were yelling "ALL lives matter" and then Team Mystic covered them up by being loud and shouting "Mys- TICS!" over and over. and "RED is DEAD" I saw a guy that had a Magikarp paper mache hat (??) and a rug as his costume lol. Everyone was very friendly, complimenting other strangers and all. I even got to see some of the seniors that just graduated there! We had a quick Pokemon fight on our 3DS' and I lost :') Still, it was very fun. Some artists were there painting live and selling their Pokemon art too!!

Just turned level 14! Also got a few Squirtles, a Hitmonchan, Venomoth and got my fav Pokemon, Vaporeon! It's my strongest, at 1690 c:

Last edited:

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Now that the servers are working, I began my adventure in Pokemon go. After I had a pretty big supper I decided to go for a walk around my neighourhood, which ended up in me doing quite a few laps around in the heat and staying out for almost an hour.

I fund out that Ponytas are actually really common in my area which was pretty cool. I also caught a Cubone, Eevee, mankey, a few rattatas, a couple pidgeys, a spearow, and a venonat.

So pretty good first day. I'll probably head out again when the sun goes down, I was seeing some nearby Gastlys on the radar thingy but didn't bump into any so I'm hoping that will change.

I also wanna hit level 5 so I can join a team.

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Had an interesting GO day today.

Wasn't feeling very well, so I rested for most of the day but made the decision to still go to work.

I got to work and one of my co-workers started talking about GO. He kept asking my manager if he could go outside and catch a Nidorino that was nearby. He also found an Oddish right inside the building. He also had one of my other co-workers running around the parking lot catching Pokemon at one point. Lol.

Also, word got out that there was a Bulbasaur somewhere nearby so tons of people were going out looking for it. We even had some customers say they would come back later so they could look for it :)

When I was on my break, my co-worker and I went walking around the parking lot looking for whatever we could find. Unfortunately the servers crashed and we didn't have time to look. Oh well.

I didn't end up catching anything but it was fun nonetheless!