• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Ilikepiex7

I'm level 10 and have my pokedex at 41 caught/seen (43 if I evolve my eevee and nidoran f) and I still haven't seen the ultra pokemon known as magikarp. Guess water types just don't like my area since I have only encountered 1 water type (10 cp poliwag) while walking and had to hatch the only other water type I have.

edit went out reached level 11 attained my first meowth 42/42 caught/seen now and now have enough candies to evolve my caterpie which makes it 3 pokemon I could evolve to get pokemon I currently don't have

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Welp. On the positive side, I've gotten to level 20, and I caught a Bulbasaur.

On the negative side, I missed out on a Scyther because the map thing I'd brought up earlier? For some reason, it was hella broken for my area today (like, stating that Pokémon were in places that they weren't or not revealing Pokémon that were popping up on my nearby tab). So I wound up spending ten minutes running around a few blocks in a desperate attempt to figure out where the aforementioned Scyther was. I was so close, and then it just started wandering away from me before poof! Gone.

Seriously, Niantic, please fix the three-step glitch. D: I really could've used a Scyther.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I did a ton of things today thanks to going to Tahoe. For starters I got to lv 5 ^^. I also caught a ton of new pokemon including zubat, oddish, magikarp, clefairy, and weedle. I also evolved my pidgey =). Finally I got 2 new medals for catching 10 flying pokemon and 30 pokemon in general. Today was a great day =D

Last edited:

porygonfan

Ran into some new Pokemon at level 12 now. Scyther, slowpoke, horsea, haunter, jigglypuff,oddish,lickitung, and abra. How rare are abra?

The Flash

I like shorts!
The game has gotten me to restart Heart Gold again. While I'm out looking I might as well be using the Pokewalker ya know?

Playing pokemon while I play pokemon.

Burumun

I've finally gotten to a level where I can apparently get some pretty decent pokémon. There's a Dragonair near work at the moment... Too bad I should probably wait for my boss to finish his meeting in case he needs something from me. ;~;

Can't wait to finish my internship on Friday so I can be free to catch pokémon when I want. Anyone else interning?

The game has gotten me to restart Heart Gold again. While I'm out looking I might as well be using the Pokewalker ya know?

Playing pokemon while I play pokemon.

Ooh, nice! I thought about doing the same thing, but I have no idea where my pokéwalker is, and I think it was already dead the last time I saw it... HG was my favorite for a long time, though!

porygonfan

Spawning works by pinging all of the devices in an area at once. The more devices are in the game at any given time, the more Pokémon spawn. Soooooo periods when people are less likely to play (like during a morning commute) will have fewer Pokémon, but it's not necessarily tied to a specific time.

Hope that makes sense!
This also affects Pokemon species and finding special Pokemon. On crowded park days I've found squirtle and Pikachu, when it's not crowded nobody even sees those species. More people seem to lure more psychic Pokemon like abra,gastly, and jynx I don't know why?

echo13

Today was a slow day. Ran out of pokeballs before lunch, restocked during lunch, and ran out again before I went home. At least I got some new pokemon: hatched a Krabby, and caught a Jigglypuff, Beedrill, Gastly and a Pidgeot.

Ilikepiex7

bad day I went out visited 1 pokestop only caught 1 rattata and then the game crashed after I threw a ball at a pidgey. I was 0.2 away from hatching an egg too so annoying maybe tomorrow will have better luck

Today I went into one of the closest cities to me. Within five minutes I had found two female Nidoran (I think I found a nest, but didn't have chance to go back) and another Rhyhorn. Wandered around for a while, used the Vaporeon I evolved the other day in a gym. Beat the gym, went to heal Vaporeon and when I came back somebody from Valor had taken the gym. Luckily I later found another gym (the church next to the university I got my degree at) that I could easily take, so I still got my coins and Stardust. Found lots of Drowzee, so I'm even closer to the Hypno I want. Also found (new to me) a 606CP Golduck, Seel, Kadabra and Wartortle (still haven't managed to find a Squirtle). On the tracker I saw a Kabuto, Machoke, Nidoking (I really want a Nidoking), Fearow and Hypno, but never managed to find any of them. Going out again tomorrow, hopefully I'll have at least as much luck. I'm looking at using Alakazam, Machamp, Nidoking, Gengar as regular fighters, probably a few others I'm forgetting.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
went walking in nearby neighborhood. found a bulbasuar, but it ran away from me. when passing back again, there was another one, and i got that one at least. hoping it's a regular spawn point for them. unfortunately, there's no pokestop that can safely be walked to from my house, so I can't go there regularly or I'll have no pokeballs. I'm already in single digits again... time to head to one of those places with a gazillion of them. well, tomorrow...

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Since some people at the animal shelter I volunteer at were talking to eachother about catching rare pokemon there I decided to look today. I did find a vulpix which I don't have but it ran away after one pokeball DX I did catch a Rattata though... woo-hoo DX

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Went into the city today for some shopping. Finally got enough Eevee candy to evolve it into Flareon. Saw a Pokestop with a lure set up, but it was out of our way, so I didn't get a chance to take a look. Hatched a 2km egg, which turned out to be a Zubat. Saw quite a few shadows in my nearby box I hadn't seen yet, including Clefairy, Geodude, and Horsea. Unfortunately, none of them showed up.

My cast is supposed to be coming off next week, so hopefully I'll be able to walk around a lot more then.

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Went on a stroll in my usual spot. There was a fair going on there today so I figured I would use the opportunity to get Pokeballs whilst enjoying the fair.

I didn't end up finding any new Pokemon. I saw a Diglett and a Nidorino on my radar but didn't end up finding them.

Caught a few Pokemon I already had. Evolved a few Pidgeys and Weedles to get some exp. I ended up gaining about half a level.

Also, while walking around the fair, there was a tattoo booth doing temporary tattoos of each of the team logos. I thought that was neat :)

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
What I did today (pokemon-wise):
1. Went to campus for a few hours to catch pokemon and restock on pokeballs (was almost out).
2. Discovered move power changes and freaked out a bit.
3. Did an evolution bomb and reached level 20! Also evolved my first butterfree as part of it.

Yesterday went into a different city. Found lots of fun stuff, and more Drowzee than I can count. Also found two Hypno, one 29cp (seriously!) and one 962cp. Keeping that one until I find a Drowzee with a high enough CP to go over 1000 (or maybe 2000, but that might take a few months until I level up) and decent IVs. I have also hatched a 836cp Pinsir and a 659cp Jynx (and then caught a 712cp one). Other new things I found were a 785cp Magmar, 558cp (and a 30cp) Dewgong, 364cp Machop and a 463cp Seadra. Today I hatched a 377cp Exeggcute and 511cp Oddish, both of which if I fully evolve them will be over 1000cp. Starting to build up a team now, Vaporeon is the only 1000cp+ I have but I have a couple of Eevee that will be over 1000 if I evovle them into Jolteon and Flareon. Annoyingly I saw a Magneton and Voltorb on the radar on my way home from work but didn't managed to find them. My hometown appears to have started to spawn a few more rares, and Reddit seems to think spawning rates have been changed along with nests.

Apparently there's an update out that, amongst other things, removes the footsteps on the tracker.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
On my way to picking up my dad at the airport I caught an exeggcute and a growlith which is great because I needed both. After I turned the app back on again I also got to lv 6. Finally while at the hair parlor dropping off my mom I caught a weedle but the kakuna I tried to catch ran away DX

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Took the app at Dodger Stadium for a baseball game. Caught several Pokemon including Caterpie for the first time. And reached level 9.