• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
On vacation I was able to catch some rare Pokémon! >w<
At the hotel the connection was really slow... I hated it... but I was able to catch both Omayte and Kabuto
It was terrible when, some days after that, I logged on the game and....
screenshot_2016-08-01-13-26-27-png.928

both Dome and Ilex!! >w<
I wanted to catch the Omanyte but... the connection was awful T__T
But... after some days we found a free wi-fi in a supermarket and... it was really a great catch! Found some more Omanyte (called one of them Lord Helix), Kabuto, Rhyhorn, Hitmonlee (Fuerte because I caught it in Fuerteventura) and Growlithe >w<

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Last night I was at the Community College and there were TONS of lures up by the river. I seriously ended up getting 100 Magikarp candies. I also caught a bunch of Staryu. Yesterday I also hatched a Onix and Growlithe.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Hatched my first 10k egg--Hitmonlee, and he didn't skip leg day (790 something with 30 candy!)

Other than that, I've been hurting for Poke balls since I haven't been able to go out walking for most of this week.

jabber2033

So today...

Hatched a 44 Magikarp and a 302 Spearow from two 2km eggs.

Also evolved my Paras into a Parascect, and Geodude into Graveler.

Other than that, just caught a flock of Pidgeys, a Bellsprout, and a couple of Venonats.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught 2 meowth in the parking lot of the restaurant we ate at. After that I had to go to the store and caught a geodude which was new. There was also 3 rattata and pidgey in the parking lot XD

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Wasn't too bad of a day today. It was really hot though so I tried to limit my play time.

Most of the Pokemon I caught were ones I already have.

Managed to find my first Hypno. It was only 97 CP though :(

I also hatched my first 10km egg and got a 469 CP Electabuzz. Not bad.

I also caught a 462 CP Nidorina. Deciding to evolve it or if I should wait.

Got to level 13. Getting a little discouraged that I can't challenge gyms yet, but I'm getting there.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So earlier this evening I had my lure up at a Pokestop. A kid and his parents walked over and thanked me for putting it up because they caught a Eevee from it. It's nice to see kind people like that. I've met some really great people playing this game.

Mileron

Hatched: Caterpie, Weedle.
Caught (new): Golbat, Slowbro (at 1125cp, he's my strongest poke yet)
Caught (hard to find): Growlithe (3, ranging from 49 to 485 cp.), Dratini, 12cp. Ugh.

Have only been getting 2k eggs from 'Stops.

RitsuoSanzaki

Flint Shooter
As of late the most common Pokemon appearing for me are Ponyta, Abra, and Eevee- wherever I go. While at the store, I also encountered Rapidash, Slowpoke, and Execute- but ended up only getting two out of three of those Pokemon due to running out of pokeballs.

jabber2033

Top 5 Catches today: 492 Pidgeotto, 455 Goldeen, 418 Ponyta, 418 Nidorina, and 307 Snorlax (first Snorlax).

Also caught a 283 Bulbasaur, my first Growlithe (cp18) and encountered a 848 Dragonair. Unfortunately, the Dragonair kept breaking out and eventually ran away.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
At the peach festival I found a ton of pokestops which I got stuff at least 5 or 6 times each ^^. I also caught some new pokemon as well. I caught a koffing and a drowsee. Of course I also got more pidgeys, a rattata, a spearow, and a geodude.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Finally got my cast off this week, but still a bit too much pain to walk freely, so I haven't had a chance to play a whole lot. I did find an abundance of Pokestops in the city while waiting for my appointment at the hospital, plus most of those had lures attached.

Today was a pretty good day. Found my first Exeggcute at my local Tim Hortons, and also a few Drowzee, Eevee, and Nidoran (both male and female)

Had a hard time catching low CP Pokemon all day, but managed to catch 2 over 300CP Eevee with 1 pokeball each.

Also made it to Level 15 this morning :D

Mileron

Saturday:

Hatched: Pidgey, Rattata (sigh)
Caught (notable): Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Dratini (430cp), Pinsir (926cp)
Caught new: Kadabra (76cp)
Missed: Tauros due to the terrible radar. It was on my radar in the third position, on the big screen in first, and yet I couldn't home in on it before it disappeared.

Between those catches Saturday - especially the Pinsir, Dratini, Kadabra, and Pikachu, coupled with my nearly two mile walk Friday, I chewed through 40 razzberries and almost a hundred Great balls. (I'm only level 17, so haven't gotten any Ultra balls yet.)

Watching a cp36 Magikarp "attack" every second, practically preventing any ball contact, then running away really sucks.

So tonight, while the wife is at work, I'll need to hit up my usual walking track and stock back up.

jabber2033

So not really much of anything today, but I did reach Level 19 due to popping a Lucky Egg and mass-evolving Pidgeys and Weedles.

I also evolved a 475 Eevee into my strongest Pokemon yet, a 1301 Vaporeon with Water Gun and Aqua Tail. Still need a Flareon to complete my Eevee collection.

Hatched another Magikarp (cp119) from a 2km egg.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Caught a Tentacool today, my first for my collection. I nabbed another Magikarp from an egg to work for Gyarados. Another Eevee joined me, as well as a Spearow and Pidgey. I swear, those things are everywhere.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Hokay, guys. I just want you all to know that if you ever go to New York City on a weekend, pop open GO and friggin' go to Central Park. Going with your parents? Tell your parents that you need to go to Central Park.

Went today thinking, "Oh, hey, you know what I need that I can't find in the 'burbs? Charmander."

What I walked home with:
- Charmander
- Snorlax
- Multiple Bulbasaur and Squirtle
- Ivysaur
- Craptons of other Pokémon I didn't have, including Diglett, Mankey, Magnemite, enough Voltorb to get an Electrode, Ponyta, Machoke, Abra and Kadabra, and more
- The experience of having been in a rush for a rare Pokémon (Probably 100 people, all rushing from Columbus Circle into the park for a Porygon. It was great. I didn't catch it.)
- Enough Pokémon for more evolutions
- Enough XP to go from level 21 to 22
- Entertainment (via watching a gym in nearby-ish Bryant Park switch between all three teams literally in seconds)
- The friendships made along the way (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (No, but really, met lots of chill people along the hike.)

In short, totally worth it. 10/10 would recommend.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Tonight I captured a 643 Eevee which is the strongest Eevee I've ever caught. I also took over both gyms and claimed my 20 coins and stardust. Originally I was only planning on getting one gym since the other was inhabbited by Vaporeon, 2 Lapras, and a Dragonite all of which were over 2000 CP. Someone had destroyed that gym though so I was able to take it over.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught a bellsprout today just while I was sitting at home XD I needed it to. Much better than at the store where I caught a cubone, mankey, and pidgey which I already have. Didn't catch anyone at the animal shelter )=

Mileron

I evolved 40 Pidgey last night, and 9 others which garnered me new 7 Pokemon, which catapulted me from mid-level 17 to a hair before level 20.
New: Weepinbell, Hypno, Kingler, Vaporeon, Pidgeot, Exeggcutor, Gloom