• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Had another really great expedition today. I caught nidorino and nidorina which I didn't have before. Man the nidorino was so hard to catch. I had to use about 10 pokeballs and 3 razz berries XD I also got to lv 9 and got my first lucky egg which I won't be using for awhile because I'm still not battling gyms. Also I got 3 new medals and evolved my new caterpie I caught. I thought I already had a metapod but I don't =)

Last edited:

echo13

It's been slow going (no pun intended!) for me. I haven't caught anything new, and the only interesting hatch was a Magmar. The pokestops are being stingy with me and I keep running out of pokeballs and then the ones I don't have show up! Just updated the app so maybe tomorrow will be better...

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I just caught a pidgey earlier so I was able to evolve my pidgeot ^^ I hate how it not only costs stardust to level up but poke candy now )= at least I don't need to catch any more pidgey. Plenty of other pokemon I need around here to help lv up =)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

After a day of spending time around lures, I was disappointed I caught no Squirtles

But then I saw one on my radar! It was in this spot I call "The Lucky Spot" because it seems to have good pokemon at a higher rate than any random place. I left for home satisfied.

...But then I saw a shadow on my radar. A pokemon I hadn't got yet but recognized it's silhouette. Dragonaire!

I wandered around randomly and came AGAIN to "The lucky spot" It was there!

Got both a Squirtle and a Dragonaire before going home, both were at the same place

Mileron

I got level 20 sitting at my desk yesterday.
Due to being in the office, deep inside the fourth floor of a 14 floor building, the GPS always has a hard time locking on me, so it tends to swing me around a 3-5 block radius.
It shot me over towards the nearby Community College, and bamf, Tauros appeared.
It's only 654cp, but hey, it's Tauros!

echo13

Today went really well for me! I got to level 11, caught two totally new pokemon, Venomoth and Magikarp, and I hatched a Cubone! My gps is still not very helpful, it wanders off during my lunch break when I'm sitting practically on top of the pokestop... never takes me near anything decent either. And now with the new no driving warning it thinks I'm in a car when it jumps too far away!

jabber2033

So a couple of things happened.

Evolved a 1547 Exeggutor from a 519 Exeggcute. Now my strongest 'mon yet.

Also captured a 1031 Scyther, my highest capture so far. I now have 3 things over 1000cp: Exeggutor, Vaporeon, and Scyther.

Encountered a Vulpix just as I was pulling into my driveway. Unfortunately, thanks to that Scyther, I had only 1 ball left. It shook twice...then broke out. Really disappointed on that one.

porygonfan

I took over a gym twice as I watched the people fighting my Pokemon, then they saw me beat their Pokemon so they came back but couldn't beat mine as I leveled it up right before as my "surprise" and so for tonight at least my Pidgeot is king of the gym!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Had another great expedition. I caught a ton of stuff, including 2 new encounters, a machoke which is odd because I haven't caught a machop yet XD and I hatched a voltorb. I also got to lv 10 and got a new incubator in the process which is great so now all 8 of my eggs are incubating ^^ I also caught enough paras and eevee to evolve 1 into parsect and vaporeon. I saw a jolteon in my tracker thing but never actually found 1, same with doduo )=

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I had fun today playing go for a short time caught a few pokemon to get my exp higher to half way to level 20 to get the option to use ultra balls ^_^ as well as I hatched a mankey today which funny thing when I got back from picking a pizza up from jets with my dad a mankey was behind our car XD that was rare to see around my parts so I caught him ^_^

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So tonight I evolved my Vulpix into a Ninetails! I also evolved my Meowth into a Persian! I missed out on a Gyarados tonight.....There was a Gyarados by Jimmy John's...When I got home from work yesterday morning I caught a Pinser.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
so I am seriously having a awesome day catch some more pokemon which I ended up having a few more egg hatches today which I got another geodude which evolved it into graveler which I need for the dex and I also got a bulbasaur ^_^ so great which I am super close to going to level 20 now which I can access ultra balls soon :3

jabber2033

Managed to Evolve a 400cp Eevee into a 989 Flareon. Powered it up and got it to +1000.

Other than that, just a few Pidgeys and Caterpies today. Nothing too spectacular.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
well to finish up the last of yesterday which its friday now ^_^ I caught a few more things which I ended catching a over 600 cp nidorino evolved a zubat,evolved another eevee into jolteon which now I have a higher one which its at 1,091 cp. I got two pokemon in the gym atm and I got to level 20 which now I can access ultra balls now which helps a big deal now with higher cp pokemon.

I got three eggs now in incubators two 2kms and one 5km which is ready to hatch...I will be going to bed soon which will continue the fun tommorow ^_^

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I had an interesting day today. I caught both a Dragonair and a Lapras. There was also an Electabuzz nearby, but I couldn't find it before it disappeared. It was funny all the traffic the area with the Lapras was getting and how much the younger kids freaked out upon seeing it. And the Dragonair great because I really want a Dragonite, as it is my second favorite Kanto Pokemon, and this will significantly cut down on the candies I have to collect to get one.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I 've succumbed and installed it on my phone (wasn't going to get it) I've caught the usual rattatas and pidgey and a couple of drowzee and weedles and got squirtle starter but managed to catch a magmar and jynx psyduck,a starmie shellder machop, and a pidgetto and kakuna. I'm currently at level 6.

quick q as I'm stuck I have quite a few pidgeys (ranging from cp 10 to cp80) and my pidgetto is cp15 do I evolve my higher cp pidgeys or put all their candies into my cp15 pidgetto? I have a similar thing with my raticate and many rattata; weedles and kakuna.

Blazing Charmander

I've been having a lot of fun with Pokemon GO! so far. It has been remarkable to see the resurgence in popularity of Pokemon because of its release, and it has meant that I have been able to have nice conversations with colleagues at work as well as family, friends and acquaintances about the franchise.

I started on the UK launch date of 14th July (can't believe that almost a month has already passed!) by choosing Charmander, which I decided to nickname Zippo in reference to Richie's from the anime. My workplace has a couple of Pokestops which, during quiet lulls, I have managed to take advantage of and farm items from. It's just as well that I started with Charmander too, since in the Birmingham area there seems to be quite an abundance of Squirtle. I nicknamed my first one Shellshocker as a callback to the Blastoise that featured in Pokemon The First Movie. I also hatched a Bulbasaur from a 2 km egg, which I went on to nickname Bruteroot for the same reason. Unlike Squirtle, i've only seen one extra Charmander which hatched from an egg, and the hatched Bulbasaur is also the only one I have come across. No luck at all with sighting a Pikachu thus far, either.

My lunch breaks have helped me to accumulate various Pokemon so far, as just a stone's throw away is an inner-city park that hosts a number of Pokestops. That area is a hive of activity all day long, and you can always guarantee that at least one or two lures have been set down in there. Strangely, Clefairy seems to be very common around there and i've even captured a Clefable.

My Pokedex currently stands at 75 Pokemon seen, and 75 caught. Halfway there.

Last edited:

Mileron

Caught (New): Vulpix, Abra (funny that I caught Kadabra first), Poliwhirl (also funny that I caught Poliwrath first), and Tentacool (hey wait, I caught Tentacruel first!)

That's about it. I'm going to have to spend some significant time restocking 'Balls.

Muddy120

Muddy Warrior
I got robbed recently and don't have a phone as of now, so I'm stuck without the game...I really wanna play but for now I can just rave off the interesting stories and what other people have to say about the game and share their personal experiences with it.