• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

echo13

Well my gps was behaving itself today and the invisible pokemon glitch only happened once, but nothing exciting showed itself. I saw shadows of Squirtle, Drowzee, Pikachu, and Dratini but they never appeared. In order to save pokeballs I've not caught anything common so I actually have some left at the end of the day since nothing showed up! My latest eggs were nothing new either, Weedle, Pidgey, Paras, and Poliwag.

On a side note, does incense and lures pull only the pokemon on the Sightings screen, or can it be anything? Someone lured my lunch stop the other day and only common pokemon showed up. Bad luck or just our area?

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
quick q as I'm stuck I have quite a few pidgeys (ranging from cp 10 to cp80) and my pidgetto is cp15 do I evolve my higher cp pidgeys or put all their candies into my cp15 pidgetto? I have a similar thing with my raticate and many rattata; weedles and kakuna.

First off, WELCOME TO THE CULT. THERE IS NO ESCAPE. 8)

On a serious note, welcome to the GO community! ;D To answer your question, it's actually highly, highly recommended that you just go ahead and evolve as many Pokémon as possible. The reason why is because evolutions give you nice EXP boosts, which will in turn boost your trainer level. The higher your trainer level, the stronger the Pokémon you find in the wild might be, so eventually, you'll actually find Pokémon far, far stronger than that CP 15 Pidgeotto to catch. Because of how many candies it takes to power up a single Pokémon, it's just a lot easier to wait until you can catch stronger Pokémon and then power up your catches after you get to higher levels.

On a side note, does incense and lures pull only the pokemon on the Sightings screen, or can it be anything? Someone lured my lunch stop the other day and only common pokemon showed up. Bad luck or just our area?

It can be anything. Lures and incense don't actually pull Pokémon from your nearby screen (even though, yeeep, the item descriptions imply that). Sooooo sounds like bad luck at that particular moment. Sorry. D:

Speaking of bad luck, sorry to hear about your robbery, Muddy! D: It's good to hear that you're all right from that, but here's hoping they nab the guy (and that you eventually get your stuff back).

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
So sad. I went on a trip a couple of days ago and got back today. I couldn't play go hardly at all because of the bad Internet connection. I was looking forward to maybe hatching some eggs at the fair but nope. I at least got some stuff from 4 pokestops in the area but that's it. I know where we are going in 2 days has better Internet so at least it will work better.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
OMGGGGGG! this sucks so bad I turn on my game and right there was a buzz and PIKACHU was in my backyard while I am in the house right now I threw 4 Ultra balls and it keep braking out -________________- then the worse thing is it RAN AWAY *cries* that is very rare to see around my parts ever *cries*

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

Had a decent expedition the other day, adding Gloom, Ponyta, Geodude, Nidorina and Jynx to my pokedex.
Since then there has been a pattern of Drowzee, Drowzee, Rattata, Pidgey, Weedle, Weedle, Weedle, Drowzee, Pidgey Pidgey, Drowzee, Weedle, Rattata, Rattata, Drowzee, Pidgey...

Also, are Clefairy exceptionally hard to catch? Because on that expedition that netted me those first five I ran into several Clefairy and for some reason my ball throws were way off compared to normal. In fact, there was one throw where I barely even flicked the ball yet it shot off so high and far... I didn't even know the balls could be thrown like that!

Mileron

Also, are Clefairy exceptionally hard to catch? Because on that expedition that netted me those first five I ran into several Clefairy and for some reason my ball throws were way off compared to normal. In fact, there was one throw where I barely even flicked the ball yet it shot off so high and far... I didn't even know the balls could be thrown like that!
The high toss throw is a bug that has been mentioned a few times on Reddit.
I get it from time to time, especially if I don't let the Poke I'm battling situate itself on screen before my first throw.
It's almost like it's an intended change to stop people from rapidly attempting to spam a ball throw to get the early toss before the Poke zooms out.

I've had no overly troubled time with the half dozen Clefairy I've seen, outside of needing to switch to Great balls around 400cp.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
The high toss throw is a bug that has been mentioned a few times on Reddit.
I get it from time to time, especially if I don't let the Poke I'm battling situate itself on screen before my first throw.
It's almost like it's an intended change to stop people from rapidly attempting to spam a ball throw to get the early toss before the Poke zooms out.

I've had no overly troubled time with the half dozen Clefairy I've seen, outside of needing to switch to Great balls around 400cp.

I never had that happen before >.> I noticed if I flick harder then normal it goes far which man all you guys seeing clefairys and I haven't encounter one yet :c I see jigglypuffs though...

well was at work most of the day only did a few catches on my break which wasn't anything new :/ I will not be able to do some catches until later which will be tuesday to go out to try to find some new stuff because catching weedles,pidgeys,and rattatas are getting pretty annoying -_-

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Today was an awesome day in pokemon go. We went on another trip and there was a ton of traffic so I was able to catch some stuff including a kadabra which is new. We are staying at a different hotel than originally planed and it has a pokestops in it ^^ also tons of new pokemon caught including golduck, goldeen, staryu, and dratini =) I also got several new medals and got to lv 12. Finally discovered that my brother and his wife play go as well and they aren't really even fans XD
Edit I forgot that I discovered that eggs can hatch just by playing in a car. I think 6 of my eggs hatched. 3 were spearow, 1 was an eevee, 1 was a tentacool which at the time was new, and the last was magnamite which is also new =)

Last edited:

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Not a bad day today! I've been itching to play since I've been trying to take it easy after injuring my arm.

One of the first Pokemon I ended up finding was a Butterfree, which was my first. I caught my first Cubone shortly after.

I ended up seeing a bunch of Pokemon on my radar that I didn't have.

I hatched a 5km egg and got my first Rhyhorn.

After that, the Pokemon weren't biting very much :(

I managed to evolve an Eevee into my first Flareon. It has 797 CP and is now my highest CP Pokemon.

When I was finished and on my way back to my car, I ended up finding and catching my first Exeggcute.

Ended up evolving some more Pokemon. Got my first Gloom and my first Venomoth.

I was running into space problems for the first time. I kept hitting the maximum number of Pokemon you can have at once. So I kept having to transfer a bunch of Pokemon, including a bunch of unevolved low CP ones =/

I gained almost two levels and am now level 14.

It felt nice to get out and play again!

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Pretty good day for me as well. :D

Finally caught a Dratini after weeks of trying. Also, caught the maximum number of Pokémon I can get without buying storage system upgrades, so I bought myself a Lucky Egg and went on an evolution spree. Out of that, I managed to get my first Poliwrath, Victreebel, and Magneton, as well as a veritable army of Kakuna, Pidgeotto, and Raticate. Also leveled up to 23 and made a pretty decent dent in the XP bar after that.

Looking forward to later on this week, when I'll be hitting up another large city (which means, hopefully, even more Pokémon I can't get in the 'burbs). 8D

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I did pretty good today. Even though I hate going to the dentist something good did come out of it. I caught my first dodrio and pincer XD I haven't even caught a doduo yet =p I also got to lv 13 but didn't get any items for it )=

Last edited:

echo13

Today was interesting, to say the least. First I accidentally hit one of my lucky eggs when I was trying to scroll through my inventory, so I really fast did a bunch of evolutions to get the experience boost! I ended up evolving some pokemon I needed for the pokedex, including Poliwhirl, Jolteon, and Flareon. Then I used an incense to try and get more catches, but nothing showed up that I didn't already have... either way that got me to level 13. I also hatched a Krabby. The downside was my gps again was not registering at lunch, so no more pokeballs, and the invisible pokemon glitch hit while I was at the local grocery store, which is also a pokestop, and had a Pinsir shadow on the sightings... the pokestop worked at least.

jabber2033

Hit level 20 today! Halfway there.

Also caught my first Pikachu, of cp11. Captured a 1031 Scyther the other day and got a Flareon via evolving so now I have all the Eeveelutions.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm so glad I had to bring my phone with me on my errands today. At petsmart 2 of my eggs hatched. 1 into gastly and the other into tangela, both are new ^^ I also found that there are 2 gyms and 2 or 3 pokestops at my college. Can't wait to try them next week when classes start =)

Mileron

Sitting at my desk in work, I watched a Porygon spawn... and then vanish.

And I was tethered to my desk so couldn't run out and get it.

echo13

The only thing of note has been I caught my first female Nidoran, which bumped me to level 14. Otherwise nothing new!

jabber2033

So...Hit level 21 yesterday after spending a couple hours collecting items from PokeStops in an old-town area near me. I currently have ~130 Poke Balls ~30 Great Balls and ~25 Ultra Balls. Not to mention 6/9 of my eggs are 5km.

Caught a couple of new things; Kofffing and Nidorino. Also evolved Krabby to Kingler, and a Pidgeotto into a 1107cp Pidgeot. I also captured 3 Eevees with more than 560cp and a couple more Magikarp.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
so did do that much today but my pikachu encounter came across again and I won 1-1 I caught it ^_^

WgztCgh.png

I was super excited i caught it today which I caught some same stuff pidgeys,weedles,rattatas,eevees, and evolved one of the eevees to flareon with 1480 cp. I also evovled another pigeotto. I am super close to level up to level 21 which dang jabbers right behind you XD

TheUnreal

so did do that much today but my pikachu encounter came across again and I won 1-1 I caught it ^_^

WgztCgh.png

I was super excited i caught it today which I caught some same stuff pidgeys,weedles,rattatas,eevees, and evolved one of the eevees to flareon with 1480 cp. I also evovled another pigeotto. I am super close to level up to level 21 which dang jabbers right behind you XD

81 CP.. not that great.. I found Raichu few days ago