• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
81 CP.. not that great.. I found Raichu few days ago

The CP might not be the greatest, but it's still a Pikachu lol. I didn't find my first Pikachu until level 20.

Today I hatched a Magmar in my 10km egg. I'm at 39 Magmar candies. :p

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
81 CP.. not that great.. I found Raichu few days ago

I know that the cp isn't great silly :p I was just happy I caught it because the last one that did have decent cp for my level which was 404 that was in my backyard ran away which I chucked like 4 ultra balls and it broke out -_- which this is the only current pikachu I have which I am cherishing until I get a better one...

anyway back on the topic so today was a decent day with go since I mostly worked all day but I did mange to get a goldeen for my dex the cp once again wasn't that great but I am happy to catch it since it was my first goldeen catch ^_^ which I am currently ready to level up to 21 soon ;)

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
One of my eggs just disappeared earlier this week. It had 0.8km to go before it hatched so I left the app open while I walked home from work. Halfway there I stopped to check the egg and it was gone. It hadn't hatched as I didn't get the notification that it was going to, I didn't have any new Pokemon, it just vanished. Safe to say I was pretty angry that had happened as it was a 5km egg especially when my last 5km egg hatched into a Drowzee, which appears EVERYWHERE near me, it's almost as common as Pidgey and Rattata. I tried to get it back by restarting the app hoping it would reappear but it didn't. So annoying.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
One of my eggs just disappeared earlier this week. It had 0.8km to go before it hatched so I left the app open while I walked home from work. Halfway there I stopped to check the egg and it was gone. It hadn't hatched as I didn't get the notification that it was going to, I didn't have any new Pokemon, it just vanished. Safe to say I was pretty angry that had happened as it was a 5km egg especially when my last 5km egg hatched into a Drowzee, which appears EVERYWHERE near me, it's almost as common as Pidgey and Rattata. I tried to get it back by restarting the app hoping it would reappear but it didn't. So annoying.
Did you check your journal to make sure it didn't actually hatch? Some people have been experiencing this weird thing where their eggs would "vanish," but in actuality, it hatched without notification. In those cases, it'll mention that the egg hatched in your journal, as well as what it hatched into.

Meantimes, on topic for me, but nothing of note this week. A 10 km egg I was working on hatched into a second Scyther, much to my dismay (because hot dang, I'm trying to catch 'em all here!), and I collected enough Pokémon for another evolution spree, during which I scored a Slowbro and the Kanto medal. I did hit up a major city with the hopes of getting something new and different over there, but weirdly enough, the rarest thing I found on that excursion was a Dratini. Otherwise, it was basically Vulpix City ... which was okay in my book because I still need a Ninetales and can never find Vulpix anywhere near where I live. Ah well.

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I wasn't planning on playing today but thought I might as well since we were in sacramento. My god in like 5 blocks there were 20 pokestops XD I caught some new stuff. Got a machop, doduo, and ponyta. Also 3 of my eggs hatched but they were just a magikarp and 2 zubat. I was able to evolve 1 though which is good because golbat was new as well. Also neat thing was there was a pokestop at the restaurant we ate at ^^ I also got to lv 14, got 1 new egg, and 2 new medals =)
Forgot I also caught a rhydon... in 1 pokeball XD

Last edited:

jabber2033

Captured a 230 Blastoise today with Water Gun and Flash Cannon. CP not great, but it's a new thing. Still need Wartortle, though.

Other than that, just scores of Pidgeys and Rattatas and Weedles today.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
so had a great time yesterday didn't do that much but caught a few things but the main attraction yesterday was I hatched a 10km egg which was a pinsir over 1,000 cp :D I am going for a walk later again which I have one pokemon in a gym atm hopefully it stays in there for the night so I can get two coins tommorow after work but I doubt it. I barely get to put pokemon in gyms do no one wants to walk with me for a bit to play go.

echo13

Today was actually pretty good! I caught my first Pikachu and Drowzee, and evolved Golbat for the Pokedex. Also my gps was cooperating so I got to hit my lunch stop a few times before I had to go back to work. Also hatched a Magikarp, I have a long way to go for Gyarados!

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
It was an okay GO day.

Mostly just caught Pokemon I already have.

Hatched a Geodude today, which was my first. Also hatched some other Pokemon I already had.

Found my first Diglett and caught it. It only had 89 CP though =/

Evolved a bunch of Pokemon and ended up getting my first Fearow.

I gained about half a level and am now level 15.

jabber2033

After having less than 10 of each kind of Poke Ball, I have now restocked. 165 Poke Balls, 45 Great Balls, and 15 Ultra Balls. Wish Great and Ultra Balls dropped more often from Pokestops, but whatever.

Also evolved two new Pokemon: 1312cp Golduck with Water Gun and Ice Beam, and a cp1210 Starmie with Water Gun and Psychic

Also caught three more Magikarp, so I'm that much closer to a Gyarados.

And somewhat of a milestone: took my first Gym today from Team Instinct. The gym had a 304 Nidorino, and a couple of Vaporeons over 1600. Didn't take me too long to figure out how it works, and took me a couple of tries to grab the Gym.

Last edited:

DR.gonzo

current trainer level is 26 . dex read 135 seen 135 caught .

its now just grinding out for me to build up the candies for the few pokes I've got left to finally evolve which i need
Ivysaur into Venusaur
Charmeleon into Charizard
Machoke into Machamp
Kabuto into Kabutops
Grimer into Muk
Dragonair into Dragonite

then i need to luck out and find a wild Chansey (which I've only seen 1 on the nearby list since I've been playing GO )
and hit major luck and hatch Farfetch'd , Kangaskhan and Tauros .

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Another okay GO day.

I've been getting nothing but 5km eggs, so I've been mostly just attempting to hatch those.

Hatched one into my first Goldeen. The other one hatched into something I already had.

Didn't end up catching anything I didn't already have.

So I mostly used this day to evolve Pokemon. Got a few new ones I didn't have from this: my first Parasect and my first Clefable.

Also evolved an Eevee into Flareon. It is 865 CP, which is now my highest CP Pokemon.

Gained a level and am now level 16.

echo13

Today wasn't bad, I caught the first Tauros I've seen since starting the game (my first wild catch was one). Also caught my first Vulpix, ran into a Mankey but it ran away, and hatched my first Rhyhorn. My weird invisible pokemon glitch only happened once, which is a big improvement!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
So great playing at college earlier. There are about 5 pokestops just on the way to my class and one right next to it. There's also a gym right next to it as well and I had my first gym match which took awhile but I won it =) also caught a lot of stuff including a pidgeot which I ran from at first and a diglett which is new ^^

KillerDraco

I had an amazing haul this past week when I was off. Turns out going downtown yielded some excellent results. Got enough candy to evolve a Cloyster, Persian, Magneton, Seadra, Wigglytuff, and Gengar, and managed to catch my first Mankey, Drowzee, Graveler, Electrode, Koffing, Hypno, Charmander, Wartortle, Electabuzz... and shockingly, a Porygon! Of all the places to find it, did not expect it to end up at the end of a pier. Still a little bit short of evolving my Diglett, Vulpix, Ponyta, and Growlithe, but another trip downtown this weekend should hopefully remedy that.

Been taking about 2-5 gyms per day, depending on how much time I have and how much the other teams have beefed up those gyms. If they're level 5 or higher, I usually don't bother unless I've got other people with me or I've got a lot of time on my hands. I've been able to buy two bag upgrades thanks to Defender bonuses, and about 3/4 of the way to a third one. It's nice not having to deal with "Your Bag is Full" as much lately.

I'm half tempted to buy more incubators, since I've literally got nothing but 5km eggs and I need them to go away. Doesn't help that my egg luck is pretty crappy in general, although some eggs have been more usable than others for evolution fodder.

PsychoIncarnate

I evolved a third Nidoking today

I've been wanting one with Poison Jab and Earthquake

I finally got one with Earthquake, BUT it has Fury Cutter

I dunno, fury cutter builds up energy faster than Poison Jab. Maybe it can vaguely work in a way?

The appraisal of it said it's got really high HP and Attack. Maybe I can use Fury Cutter to build up energy quickly and launch Earthquake after Earthquake

Vipsoccermaster

August 23, 2016 went well for me. Other than catching a bunch of Pidgeys, caught a fairly amount of new Pokémon and caught some extras. On the way to college (my college has three campuses; the main campus has six PokéStops and one Gym), I caught my first Charmander! Caught repeats on the way back, didn't do much while at the Farmer's Market in my hometown (it only come on Tuesdays). I went out to dinner with my mother, and across the street is a PokéStop that has a Lure Module attached to it. Was lucky to be just within range. Caught a few new Pokémon there, including Koffing, Oddish, and Exeggutor. Caught another Charmander along the way, too. Hatched another 2km egg and turned out to be Zubat. Great progress made and pretty much filled up my experience points from 10 to 11 (need 10 more experience points to get to 11).

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
After a disappointing GO day yesterday, I decided to expand my horizons a bit and go to a new place. And I ended up having a great GO day today!

This area was set up so that if you keep walking down the sidewalks in a straight line, you'll hit a bunch of Pokestops. But they were spaced out enough that I was constantly running out of Poke balls before reaching the next Pokestop.

Anyway, I mostly found Pokemon that I already had. Hatched a few of my 5km eggs into more Pokemon I already had.

I ended up finding a 10km egg, which is only the second one I've found so far.

At the end of the straight line, there's was a cluster of 3 Pokestops and a gym. For the first time ever, I took over a gym! I was excited.

After I took over the gym, a bunch of fellow Instinct players showed up and put a bunch of strong Pokemon in the gym. They also put up lures at all the Pokestops. So we all just chilled there and caught the Pokemon that showed up. It was nice to finally find fellow Instinct members.

I ended up catching my first Shellder and my first Poliwag.

When I was about to head out, a Dratini showed up at one of the lure spots. By that point, I was very low on Poke balls and couldn't refresh them fast enough, so someone else ended up catching it. I was so sad :(

Also evolved a few Pokemon. Evolved my strongest Eevee into Vaporeon, and got my first Pokemon over 1000 CP!

Didn't quite gain a full level, but I'm close to the next level. Once I restock on Poke balls, I plan on going back there :)

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
So far my trip to bloomington has been great. I haven't been to the mall if America yet but at my hotel there is a pokestop right next to me so I can play in the hotel room. Yesterday I hatched several pokemon including a bulbasaur which is my second. I also caught another squirtle and a poliwag which is my first one ^^ also got some new eggs from my personal pokestop =D