• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I've been doin pretty good. Yesterday I caught another sunkern. I also caught a natu and several more sentret. Not to much longer before I can get furret =) I forgot to mention that I also hatched a poliwag. Getting closer to poliwhirl ^^

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
So last night I went to my local docks, today I just went for an hour walk down by the riverside, thinking a Totodile must show up eventually, but still nope. No Totodile, fortunately I found a couple of Spinerak, so now I've evolved it. But I was walking for like 30 mins with 0 pokemon showing up.

I want my Cyndaquil and Totodile! When will they arrive!

Vipsoccermaster

Caught three new Pokémon and hatched one new Pokémon today. Caught a Wooper, Dunsparce, and a Chikorita! Just need Cyndaquil for all the base starters of the Johto Pokédex. And hatched a Pichu, finally.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
I read that Togetic has a 1% catch rate regardless of what you do, meaning Ultra Balls, Razz Berries, curveballs, and Excellent throws won't increase the odds at all. If you ever find one, just use your Pokeballs and don't waste anything else, as you'll have just as much as a chance to catch it.

This seems wildly unlikely. My group (3 of us) has a togetic spawn on a lure earlier, and all 3 of us caught it in a single throw. I personally tossed an ultra and a raspberry, but it was nearly a thousand cp. It seems kind of unlikely all 3 of us hit a 1% chance, but I guess stranger things have happened.

jacensolo66

-Caught a female Wobuffett and hatched a Larvitar tonite.
-Saw an Ursaring on the nearby list but could not find the darn thing.
-Hatched a 2nd Elekid.
-Despite not being near water, the Pokestop down the street from my work usually has 1 or 2 Totodiles.
-Saw my 2nd Bayleaf but after a Razz Berry and Ultra Ball it ran.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This seems wildly unlikely. My group (3 of us) has a togetic spawn on a lure earlier, and all 3 of us caught it in a single throw. I personally tossed an ultra and a raspberry, but it was nearly a thousand cp. It seems kind of unlikely all 3 of us hit a 1% chance, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I just looked it up, and apparently Niantic changed the catch rate. It is now a base of 5%, and is modified by balls, berries, and throws. This just happened in the past 24 hours, so you likely got yours soon after the change was made.

I finally got my first Johto starter, Chikorita, yesterday afternoon. I went out again last night and registered Cyndaquil, Sneasel, Chinchou, Piloswine, Skarmory, Gligar, Sunkern, Hoppip, and Teddiursa.

This brings my total Pokedex to 128. 36 Johto and 92 Kanto.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It's still winter time here in Michigan, but this week it's been in the 50's! The weather in this state is nuts. One minute it's snowing, but the next minute it's 50 degrees and sunny outside.

With that being said, I've been playing Pokemon Go since it's been nice outside. I've caught a good amount of Gen 2 Pokemon already. My latest catch was a Wooper lol. I'm hoping a Gen 2 starter pops up eventually.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yeah, so.. I was packing and stuff for a familytrip on Friday morning (after having realized that GenII had been released before I went to bed around 00:50AM that day. During that timeframe, I had a lot to do, no time to go out, baby to take care of, etc. What did I see on my Nearby? Mantine, Chinchou, Pineco.. Dunno what else anymore, but I kinda knew that Mantine would be rare (or at least a 10km egg).. So I didn't get it, I was kinda bummed out by that.

So on the Family Weekend in middle of nowhere without any pokéstops.. Very limited amount of spawns.. I missed on catching a Yanma and Chikorita though, but I did catch a Ledian, Ariados, Remoraid, Swinub and a host of Spinarak, Ledyba, Hoothoot and Murkrow.. And a Misdreavus, which was nice I guess! :D

Then I went to the KröllerMüller-museum.. which has a statue-garden.. Note: garden.. Outside.. I think I counted up to 55 Pokéstops.. CRAZYTOWN! But nobody lured.. T.T I caught a Dunsparce, a few Exeggcute which are always nice, a Quagsire, Sneasel, three Houndour and a Skarmory!

On the way home, I caught a Bayleef. Awesome.

I still have a lot of Johto-critters to catch, but I've obtained the Silver Johto medal and the Mantine I caught just a few hours after I returned home today, was my 31st!

Vipsoccermaster

Finally got a gold medal on Poké Stops (2,000 Stops). Also caught a Granbull on the way back home from lunch, so that's good. Blew out all of my Ultra Balls and a couple of Great Balls to catch it.

I registered Doduo, Yanma, Cleffa, and Machop today. I hatched Cleffa and Machop and caught Yanma and Doduo. I've been seeing Girafarig in my nearby section the last two days so I'm going to try and go hunting more for it later this week when my college work simmers down.

My new Pokedex total is 133. 94 Kanto and 39 Johto.

Today I registered Clefable, Wigglytuff, Elekid, Quilfish, Kadabra, Lickitung, Snubbull, Remoraid, Blissey, and Seadra.

My new Pokedex total is 143. 99 Kanto and 44 Johto.

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Haven't played in about four months, but it was a nice day today, so decided to fire it up and go for a walk on my usual route.

I had no Poke Balls of any kind when I started, but I hit a Pokestop early on and got a few.

I was excited to see silhouettes of Johto Pokemon. Haven't played since they were introduced.

It was mostly uneventful. Early on, I encountered a Natu. I didn't have it, but ran out of Poke Balls by that time, so I had to abandon it.

Decided to evolve a few Pidgeys to bump me up to level 17. Got some Great Balls from leveling up.

Caught some stuff I already had. Towards the end of my route, I ended up catching my first Wooper. Right after, a police officer pulled over and told me that wasn't a good place to stop walking. Oops.

I didn't charge my phone battery before my walk, so by this time, I had to stop because my phone was about to die.

So not a bad day. It was fun playing this again after so long.

As I was checking my Journal to write this, I found my first Spinarak at my house.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Got my 7 day streak for poke stops today...but unfortunately, it didn't give me a special evolution item : / better luck next time, I suppose

In other news, I hatched my 10k egg and got a Miltank! Also caught a Yanma hovering around my walking route. And since I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet...can we just take a minute to look at the new pop up in GO? The one that mislabels the pinap berry as a nanab and vice versa, stating that the nanab is the pinap and is slows a pokemon's movements XD LOL

I've gotten a Sun Stone and King's Rock so far for items, but I can't wait to get a Metal Coat so I can register Steelix.

Today was a slower day in terms of registering Pokemon than the rest of the week has been. Today I registered Ivysaur, Cloyster, Quagsire, and Crobat. A wild Houndour, the first one I've seen, ran from me sadly.

My new Pokedex total is 147. 101 Kanto and 46 Johto.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I had a really good day yesterday. I walked around town and caught a bunch of stuff. I also hatched a poliwag egg which gave me enough candy to finally get poliwhirl and I hatched my first elekid and I had enough candy to get my first electabuzz. I also got some new stuff at the pokestops, some pinap berries and nanab berries. One final note I got enough candy from walking with my squirtle that I finally got wartortle. It's probably going to be a very long time before I can get blastoise though since I never see starters in the wild, although I did catch a super week chikarita when I was almost home =0

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Quieter week since the weekend madness. Have caught a Gligar and Houndoom of gen 2 pokes though, and also encountered and caught my first Snorlax! 2300+ CP as well, I lucked out. Meanwhile I have enough Totodile Candy for a Feraligatr (and a good IV Totodile for that - thanks, nest by my flat! That changed two days back though to Omanyte which I already evolved...), and near enough for a Meganium too (thanks, occasional Bayleef and Pinap Berries!) Cyndaquil count is up to... 2. -_- Nearly have enough candy for a Dragonite too so I can change out my Buddy soon. (Pity I have no good Dratini for that).

Wish I'd stop hatching the same Pokemon though, and only gen 2 poke I hatched so far is Remoraid. Ah well.