• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hatched another Larvitar which gave me enough candy for Tyranitar.

Wow, how many Larvitar have you hatched? I haven't managed to hatch a single one yet. I have captured two of them with Pinap Berries, and I just walked my 200th kilometer with one of them yesterday. Unfortunately that all adds up to a measly 55 candies. I'm not even half-way there. Hopefully I'll start hatching them soon.

jacensolo66

Wow, how many Larvitar have you hatched? I haven't managed to hatch a single one yet. I have captured two of them with Pinap Berries, and I just walked my 200th kilometer with one of them yesterday. Unfortunately that all adds up to a measly 55 candies. I'm not even half-way there. Hopefully I'll start hatching them soon.
Hatched 5. Have never caught one in the wild. Seen 2 on Nearby List but couldn't find one and the other was gone before I got to the Pokestop.

Thanks btw. Opened the game to see how many Larvitars I had hatched and there was a Pikachu next to house that I caught.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
On my walk a couple if days ago I walked enough to get a candy for marril so I was able to evolve it. I also hatched another pineco which for some reason meant I was able to evolve it. I've only gotten 2 =0. Today I caught a aipom which was new =)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Quick rundown of the last couple of weeks before I get to today.

First off, a migration ago, a park in the Netherlands turned into an amazing Chikorita-nest. It's only an half hour bicycleride away and entry is just €1'-. So I went there with my bag stocked with 120 Ultra Balls, and about 50 Pinap Berries. I came home with enough candy for TWO Meganium. Pretty effing sweet. There were literally clusterspawns of five Chikorita at a time.

The Grass-event sucked for me. I literally didn't have the time to catch the one single Tangela I saw on my Nearby and the sole Venusaur I ever saw fled after a Excellent, Razz Berried Curved Ultra Ball throw. I was salty. I've evolved a Bulbasaur, but I haven't caught one. I have caught both Blastoise and Charizard during the Starter-event back in '16, so I really wanted this one. I did manage to capture a Jumpluff, but I had already evolved a Skiploom, so it was mèh. Nothing really else during the Grass-event.

This migration, the park right next to my house is a Cyndaquil-nest. I've stocked up a bit more casually. During the double XP-event I've evolved one Cyndaquil into Quilava and I still have 166 candy left, with two 82%+ Cyndaquil left. At the same time, a park just a 10-minute bicycleride away, with no entry fee, has turned into an Totodile-nest.

So what happened today? Between 14:08 and 15:55 I managed to capture a whopping THIRTYFIVE Totodile. The majority with Pinap Berries (above 550 and I turned to Razz Berries). NONE of the ones I encountered fled. I started with 120 Ultra Balls, I only have 72 left. I started with 50 Pinap Berries, I only have 9 left.. So how many Totodile Candy does that equate to?

289 Totodile Candy. Considering I already have a Croconaw, and three 82%+ Totodile, I think I'm set for quite a while.

But that wasn't all that I caught today at that park, on the circular route I took throughout the park, there.. on the middle of the trail, suddenly leaped out a Snorlax. AWESOME. But it's CP was 236 and it had crap IV's, so I trashed it. I've got no space in my cramped pokébox for the weaklings.

That being said..

Next week will be the AdventureWeek, aka the Rock-type event. This is just a bit too late to be honest.. Yeah, sure.. I want to stock up for GenIV's Rhyperior (which will be something like 25 for Rhydon and 100 for Rhyperior) and I still need Tyranitar candy, and I've only got 23 Larvitar candy (I've breached the 100km mark with my Larvitar-buddy today).. and Buddy Pokémon getting candy four times faster will surely help out a lot. But here's the problem..

I still need an Aerodactyl. You'd think that this event would have me giddy with anticipation, but it's not the case. The marketingline for the event specifically mentioned: "Maybe you'll even catch an Aerodactyl!" Why does this bother me so much? Well, because the last time we had a similar event -the Water Festival-, it specifically mentioned: "Maybe you'll even catch a Lapras!" And I never caught one during the event! I caught EVERY WATER-TYPE! Or at least I had caught enough of each in order to evolve all of them (except Totodile)! I was falsely led into a belief that after months of playing, I'd finally be able to capture a Lapras! Oh, said event also didn't deliver on the Totodile for me. I caught three during the whole week, one of them was at a frequent spawn point that had nothing to do with the event. Conclusion, I'm still salty because of the Water Festival-event misleading Lapras-baiting, that even though I still need an Aerodactyl, I'm about 50% sure that I won't find one during this event.

Luckily, I've gathered eight 10K eggs and I've got enough coins to spend on incubators once I get that final ninth 10K, so if I don't manage to find one next week, maybe I'll have one hatch shortly.

That being said, since this event is a week long, I am going to try and complete a capture-event, meaning I want to catch all Rock-types, or at least enough of them in order to evolve to an evolution. So if I don't catch a Rhydon, I'll need to gain at least 50 candy from whence I started the event.

The timing is another thing though.. Today was the final day that I could go to the Totodile-nest.. and as I said, I blew through 41 Pinap Berries and nearly 50 Ultra Balls. Those would've been handy for the event, specifically for Rhyhorn (I want at least 150 candy by the end of it) and potentially wild Larvitar, because walking is just so tedious even if they're going to up the pace x4 during the event.

And lastly, I don't know if I should switch buddies during this event. If I'm getting candy four times as fast.. Maybe I should switch to Mareep? I've only got 3 Mareep candy, so even if I walk 20km during the event that's going to be 16 candy of a species I'll likely only really be able to get bulks amount of out of eggs.

I'll return to this thread next week with an update/rant.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
@Locormus- I was in a similar boat for the Water Festival, but I saw a Lapras on radar. In a park. At night. After hours. Briefly contemplated whether it'd be worth risking, but decided against it. Hatched a Lapras not long after that. Hopefully the Aerodactyl situation is better though.

Also, wasn't aware you could catch Eeveelutions in the wild. Found a Vaporeon (a really good one) next to a Croconaw yesterday. Currently I don't have any helpful nests near me at the moment, but I was able to hatch an Elekid (giving me enough candy for an Electabuzz) and my first Phanpy! This rock type event has me hoping I'll get a bunch of Geodude and the one more Onix I need to evolve it. I have four metal coats, but not enough Onix candy because the spawner spot for them changed to Natu before I could catch the last one.

"And this is where I'd put my Steelix, IF I HAD ONE."

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I gor really lucky on mt wat to class yesterday. I found and caught 3 omanyte. I haven't caught any before that so that was pretty cool =) I also got another egg.

Long time no see, Go forums! I'm home from school for the summer so my Pokedex has been filling more slowly. Since my last update I've only registered 6 more Pokemon. They include Girafarig, Jumpluff, and Lapras (FINALLY)! Thanks to this promotion I'm close to evolving my Slugma and Kabuto and registering Magcargo and Kabutops, respectively.

My new Pokedex total is 175. 118 Kanto and 57 Johto.

Vipsoccermaster

After the conclusion of the Adventure Week, when going through to reach my grandfather's house for dinner, I found and caught my first Rapidash, successfully with a Pinap Berry for sweet 10 Ponyta Candies! That's another evolution I do not need to focus on.

Current Pokédex total is 161. 104 Kanto and 57 Johto.

ZeroGravity

Neophyte
A sneasel nest appeared near my house! So I have a bunch of sneasels now. :B

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
And the main nest I go to is a Pinsir nest. Again. For the 3rd time.

On the bright side, I found a 10k egg yesterday!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

3rd time in a row, or third time total? I once had a Jynx nest that stayed that way for two nest rotations in a row. That was kind of annoying.

Believe it or not, I actually have eight 10k eggs right now. I'm getting them faster than my single 3-use incubator a week that I buy with gym coins can hatch them, so my inventory just gets more and more full of them. Don't get me wrong, it's a glorious problem to have, but it's been pretty crazy.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
3rd time in a row, or third time total? I once had a Jynx nest that stayed that way for two nest rotations in a row. That was kind of annoying.

Third time total. I wouldn't mind as much if it was something that could evolve, but Pinsir is just...Pinsir. It doesn't turn into anything, they're annoying to catch, and they're not really worth it :/ womp. Hate the Jynx thing happened to you though.

Believe it or not, I actually have eight 10k eggs right now. I'm getting them faster than my single 3-use incubator a week that I buy with gym coins can hatch them, so my inventory just gets more and more full of them. Don't get me wrong, it's a glorious problem to have, but it's been pretty crazy.

Oooh, you lucky son of a gun XD Let us know how those go!

Rapiido

The park by my house changed from Magmar....... to Geodude.
The Pokemon that just exploded in population for a week.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
The park by my house changed from Magmar....... to Geodude.
The Pokemon that just exploded in population for a week.

Hey, I'd take Geodude XD I NEVER see them around here.

Vipsoccermaster

Hey, I'd take Geodude XD I NEVER see them around here.
There were plenty during Adventure Week, but that's come and gone. Didn't get the opportunity, it seems.

I got a 10km egg yesterday, as well. I have six 10km eggs that have yet to be placed in incubators, but I don't purchase incubators, because I can't justify doing so. Two 10km eggs I have were from January, before Gen II came. Also, it makes no sense to place the 10km eggs into the infinity incubator at all, except if you completely filled up all 9 slots with 10km eggs. It's not a worthwhile investment in doing that.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
There were plenty during Adventure Week, but that's come and gone. Didn't get the opportunity, it seems.

I got a 10km egg yesterday, as well. I have six 10km eggs that have yet to be placed in incubators, but I don't purchase incubators, because I can't justify doing so. Two 10km eggs I have were from January, before Gen II came. Also, it makes no sense to place the 10km eggs into the infinity incubator at all, except if you completely filled up all 9 slots with 10km eggs. It's not a worthwhile investment in doing that.

No, I did. It's just I still need a little more candy is all ; )

Good for you in getting all those 10k eggs though!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Third time total. I wouldn't mind as much if it was something that could evolve, but Pinsir is just...Pinsir. It doesn't turn into anything, they're annoying to catch, and they're not really worth it :/ womp. Hate the Jynx thing happened to you though.

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but so many of the rarest Pokémon don't evolve into anything, so once you catch a small handful of them, they become completely worthless. It's a shame, but a natural result of a game so heavily based on collecting.

Oooh, you lucky son of a gun XD Let us know how those go!

It'll be a slow trickle, but if anything good comes from them, I'll share.

Actually, the amount of 10k eggs I have right now has put me in a strange predicament. Just as I was finishing up my walk for the day, I hatched the last non-10k egg in my storage. So I was forced to decide on whether I should put a 10K egg in my infinite incubator, or if I should I should wait until I get a new non-10k from a PokéStop, either way I'm not at maximum efficiency, and I always like to be as efficient as possible. Things will get even stranger if when I do get a new egg, if it's another 10k. I've never put a 10k into my infinite incubator, but I might just have to. Very strange situation.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay, the results from Adventure Week. I know I'm late, but I went on a vacation afterwards. Note that for all but one species, I did not use Pinap Berries (in retrospect, I don't know why I did that):

Here's the rundown:
- 85 Kabuto Candy. I caught one Kabutops.
- 119 Omanyte Candy. Zero Omastar were caught, though there was one or two good IV'd Omanyte.
- 70 Slugma Candy. I caught several Magcargo. I stopped actively capturing all of them after 50c, unless they were over 500cp.
- 28 Onix Candy. Not too much, but oh well. I had enough for Steelix, and Steelix technically isn't a Rock-type so hitting 50c wasn't a goal.
- 28 Shuckle Candy. Useless, I know.. BUT HECK.
- 11 Sudowoodo Candy. Again, pretty much useless.. BUT HECK!!
- 121 Rhyhorn Candy. I got quite a few Rhyhorn with decent IV's and high in level, so I'll probably evolve one. The goal was to get at least 100c, so that I could evolve a Rhydon into Rhyperior.
- 197 Geodude Candy. I just went for it.. I might've hit 200 because I think I got sloppy near the end of the week with my notes. We can't all be James Comey..
- 7 Larvitar Candy. Saw more on the Nearby, but didn't feel like going into the rain. The only one I used a Pinap on.

AND GUESS WHAT!

ON THE MORNING OF THE FIRST DAY OF ADVENTURE WEEK! AN AERODACTYL SPAWNED IN MY LIVING ROOM! YESYESYES! 1600CP+ YESYESYES!

TL;DR: Razz Berry, Ultra Ball, Curve, Great Throw.. Wiggle Wiggle. It fled.

IT FLED. IT EFFING FLED.

No Aerodactyl spawns since. Well, the boyfriend of my sister-in-law texted me that there was one in their house, but I couldn't leave mine at the time. I contemplated on using a tracker. I don't spoof, but I didn't see the harm in using a tracker for one specific goal if I managed to get to its location on my bicycle in time. BUT NOPE. Niantic apparently killed all the trackers that week. I doubt I'll ever catch an Aerodactyl in the wild.

In retrospect, I probably should've used Pinap's on Rhyhorn. Rhydon is useful in gyms and Rhyperior would need 124 candy to fully evolve to from a hatched Rhyhorn.. Getting six candy instead of three from each low CP'd Rhyhorn would've probably boosted me up to 200 Rhyhorn candy.

In terms of overall Larvitar Candy (2 captures, one of which was Pinap'd), I currently have 55 Larvitar Candy. 69 Larvitar Candy to go.. 147.3km walked. Luckily, the first one I caught has more then 82% IV's and thus worth evolving.

@Locormus- I was in a similar boat for the Water Festival, but I saw a Lapras on radar. In a park. At night. After hours. Briefly contemplated whether it'd be worth risking, but decided against it. Hatched a Lapras not long after that. Hopefully the Aerodactyl situation is better though.

Also, wasn't aware you could catch Eeveelutions in the wild. Found a Vaporeon (a really good one) next to a Croconaw yesterday. Currently I don't have any helpful nests near me at the moment, but I was able to hatch an Elekid (giving me enough candy for an Electabuzz) and my first Phanpy! This rock type event has me hoping I'll get a bunch of Geodude and the one more Onix I need to evolve it. I have four metal coats, but not enough Onix candy because the spawner spot for them changed to Natu before I could catch the last one.

"And this is where I'd put my Steelix, IF I HAD ONE."

Honestly, I've got 8 10k eggs at the moment, but I doubt there will be an Aerodactyl among them. At least that's knowing my luck.. Last time I hatched 9 10k's, I had several Onix, several Scyther, several Kabuto, a Magmar and an Electabuzz from Pre-Baby eggs, even though the Johto Babies were added to the Egg Pool - and the only thing worthwhile was a Chansey. And then the Valentines Day-event happened.. T.T

I've got zero Metal Coat if that cheers you up. All in all, I've had 7 King's Rock, 6 Sun Stone, 3 Updates and 2 Dragon Scales.

A sneasel nest appeared near my house! So I have a bunch of sneasels now. :B

That's actually great for when GenIV drops (eventually).. I mean you probably are going to need 50c to get a Weavile. It's one of the reasons why I'm salty I didn't catch any Tangela during the Grass-type Weekend.. 50c for a Tangrowth is pretty steep considering how rare they are.

Believe it or not, but I had 9 10k eggs.. I just didn't have any coins to spend on the incubators needed.. So I hatched one.. which turned out to be a Mantine.. Now I've been stuck with 8 10k's, though I have since gained enough coins through gyms to buy all the incubators I need.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Saw an Electabuzz for the first time in the wild yesterday, but decided against catching it. I've just gotten enough Elekid candy so I'm going to wait until I have a whole bunch of Pokemon before I use a Lucky Egg and evolve them all. Other than that, I haven't been able to go near pokestops lately so I'm almost out of pokeballs. The solstice event sounds really cool though! Maybe I'll finally get a Cyndaquil since fire types never spawn around here. Also, I'm really close to hatching a 10k egg. Hoping for an Aerodactyl, Chansey, Dratini, or a Larvitar!