• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
So no legendary for me yet; did hatch several 10km eggs at the 1/3 distance today. Got me enough candies to get me my first Porgyon2 and Tyrannitar. STILL no Dragonite yet, however.

Yeah, no legendaries for me yet either. The increased spawn rates brought me two Skarmory (which I didn't have) so that was nice! The Teddiursa was also a very welcome sight from the egg. That being said, I may have already mentioned how garbage my luck is with 10k eggs. Before the egg change I hatched three Mantine...in a row. So after they switched it out, I was hyped that I might actually get something good, but tonight I walked the full 10k...for a Chinchou. I was ready to strangle someone at Niantic. My mom walked 3.3k for the first Larvitar between the two of us and got herself a BOATLOAD of candy! I'm glad if someone hatched something great tonight, it was her (she hatched a bunch of Mantine and Gligar, so this was good for her)

On the plus side, I used a lucky egg, got the 4x experience and evolved a hoard I'd been saving since December. I got over 130,000 experience for that, pushing me halfway through level 29, which is great! Also was able to evolve a Hitmontop!

Vipsoccermaster

Yeah, no legendaries for me yet either. The increased spawn rates brought me two Skarmory (which I didn't have) so that was nice! The Teddiursa was also a very welcome sight from the egg. That being said, I may have already mentioned how garbage my luck is with 10k eggs. Before the egg change I hatched three Mantine...in a row. So after they switched it out, I was hyped that I might actually get something good, but tonight I walked the full 10k...for a Chinchou. I was ready to strangle someone at Niantic. My mom walked 3.3k for the first Larvitar between the two of us and got herself a BOATLOAD of candy! I'm glad if someone hatched something great tonight, it was her (she hatched a bunch of Mantine and Gligar, so this was good for her)

On the plus side, I used a lucky egg, got the 4x experience and evolved a hoard I'd been saving since December. I got over 130,000 experience for that, pushing me halfway through level 29, which is great! Also was able to evolve a Hitmontop!
Same boat for me, too. No legendaries for me, either. Did see Articuno at a gym within view when I was doing my weekly Farmer's Market with my mother, but didn't even go there to try. I didn't have Skarmory either, but now I do. I got one of them before the event came, then another during the event. For eggs, I didn't hatch much nor made a lot of distance, but little, although I did hatch one today: Mantine, like you. Better than the one I had before a while, so transferred the old one while keeping the new one. At least you got some decent amount of Mantine candy. Also, during dinner with my mother and my youngest cousin, I caught two new Pokémon out in the wild: Ursaring and Hitmontop!

And just hatched and transferred a Diglett (2km egg) as I finished typing this.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Today was a VERY productive day for me. Firstly, two days ago, I randomly happened upon a Lugia. I parked and waited, expecting no one to show up, since the timer was still at around an hour and 50 minutes. Then, suddenly, all these people show up! REAL people! More and more kept streaming in. Eventually, we had a 20+ person group and we began the raid. At level 28, I was perhaps the weakest person there (bunch of nerds!). I was on my 11th Pokemon when we finally beat it (pretty close to the timer running out, too). A lot of people didn't catch it, but I did.

Today, I got out of work and ran smack dab into a freshly hatched Articuno. I waited for a few minutes and decided I wasn't going to wait for 2 hours when I knew a group was heading over to the other side of town for raids, so I left for that side of town and on the way found a Bayleef, Quilava, and Croconaw raid. Weird. I beat the Bayleef and Quilava (I already have a Feraligatr, and I also bought one of those fancy packs for multiple passes). Then I stalked a Facebook group and found out they were heading for that Articuno I left behind, so I drove back. We ended up with a 15-man group and beat it pretty quickly. I caught it whereas others weren't as fortunate. Then I made my way to the other side of town since I had 0 balls left and it was packed with stops and gyms. I stocked up on some supplies.

So, almost none of the raids had anything good (mostly Eeveelutions and Exeggcutor). A Machamp raid started up, but no one was around. I found another Articuno raid and waited until a group came by. I joined them and failed to catch the bird (we did beat it though), then asked them if they could help me with the Machamp. I had 9% battery life left. We hurried over and beat the thing and I caught that, so goodbye, Machoke! I will never love you.

I figured I would do a lot of walking today, so I bought some more incubators. I literally don't even know how many things I hatched today, because some of them were quite worthless. On the plus side, I did hatch a Togepi (finally!), Dratini, Phanpy, Mareep, and Larvitar (57 candies! I don't even!). I also found my first Hitmonlee! And I caught a Pineco, which I really needed. My buddy Scyther got a couple candies today. If I don't do a lot of walking tomorrow, I earned enough Rare Candies today to evolve her. I just checked my exp bar and wow, I probably filled up half my level 28 bar today.

So, yeah. Today was good.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
4 Lugia Raids, no Lugia caught. Wah.

I did get my first Articuno this morning at least. But only really caring about it for the dex - Lugia is what I want!

jabber2033

So hatched my first Chansey from a 10km(3.3km) egg; due to the candy bonus I was able to immediately evolve it into Blissey.

Hatched a Houndour and evolved it into my first Houndoom. Roughly 1650cp.

Also evolved a 745 Eevee into a 2300 cp Vaporeon with Water Gun and Water Pulse; was hoping for Hydro Pump but not terrible.

Currently spinning stops for what is probably my last round of eggs. Thing about my area is; there's only like 2-3 gyms within three miles of me; and have yet to see a legendary raid at any of them.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I don't have as much free time today as I did yesterday, so I'm about done with abusing the bonuses for the day. I evolved my Scyther, caught enough Phanpys and Pinecos to evolve one of each, and went through a Doduo nest to catch enough to evolve one. Ran out of incubators, so I couldn't hatch sweet new 10km eggs at 3.3km, but oh well. I currently have 136 Kanto and 77 Johto Pokemon.

EDIT: Make that 137 Kanto. Wild Venusaur get! Also, a Stantler came up on the radar for half a second, then disappeared into the ether forever, so I *almost* had 78 Johto Pokemon.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Went to three Articuno raids and caught one, which is great! My luck with Lugia...hasn't fared so well. Either we never have enough people to show up to really give a reason to use a raid pass or we beat it (with lots and lots of lag) and I don't catch it. There was a little boy who caught one though. He was so excited because this was his first Pokemon to be over 2000 cp so, if anything, that made it all worth it.

I'm trying to find time to take my mom out to find some Articuno raids. At the very least, I want her to have one. I know she probably doesn't care for the super exclusive stuff, but I want to do this for her, or at least to try. Lugia will be around for a while, so the ice bird will priority for me to raid with her.

Evolved my first Quilava into Typlosion and caught my first Wobbuffett yesterday, as well! This event has really helped me a lot in terms of higher and rarer spawns, more candy, and the like. I hope we won't have to wait as long for the next event as we did for this one, but even so, I can definitely call this one a success. Good luck to those still trying to catch legends!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, guess I'm not getting Articuno. Major bummer. It's especially sad because I've dedicated a lot of time, work, resources to catching Legendary Pokémon, and never caught Articuno or Lugia. Meanwhile, my brother has caught three Articuno and a Lugia, which just adding to my distress. How about everyone else? How'd you do?

In all honesty, I'm getting a bit sick of this group raid thing. I'll admit it was kind of fun at first, but that novelty wore off after the second Legendary Raid. I'm just tired of having to schedule with, wait for, and put up with so many other people who are essentially strangers. It is far from my ideal way to play. If it weren't the only way to get Legendary Pokémon, there's no way I would ever be doing this. I'm getting very apprehensive thinking about the fact that I have at least two more weeks of this ahead of me.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Well, guess I'm not getting Articuno. Major bummer. It's especially sad because I've dedicated a lot of time, work, resources to catching Legendary Pokémon, and never caught Articuno or Lugia. Meanwhile, my brother has caught three Articuno and a Lugia, which just adding to my distress. How about everyone else? How'd you do?

In all honesty, I'm getting a bit sick of this group raid thing. I'll admit it was kind of fun at first, but that novelty wore off after the second Legendary Raid. I'm just tired of having to schedule with, wait for, and put up with so many other people who are essentially strangers. It is far from my ideal way to play. If it weren't the only way to get Legendary Pokémon, there's no way I would ever be doing this. I'm getting very apprehensive thinking about the fact that I have at least two more weeks of this ahead of me.

I was hoping to get another Articuno so when trading eventually becomes a thing, I could give one to my mom. As for the hassle of raid parties, yeah I agree. Multiple times I have scheduled or gone to scheduled raids, only for nobody to come. It's getting to be more hassle than it's worth.

Vipsoccermaster

Yeah, I still haven't gotten Articuno, and I don't think I'll get one on its last day. Same for Moltres since this week, I'm currently on family vacation and won't return home until the end of the week. I guess I have to wait for the lengendaries to be outside of raids (which is probably never) or trading. There's still time for Lugia, but I don't think I'll get that either.

I opened Go at my house and noticed a wild Togetic was at a Poke Stop a few streets over. I went over and caught it, but it was sadly only 18 CP. However, that was my first one so I've now registered Togetic! I've also recently registered Kingdra and Bellossom from finally getting enough Horsea and Oddish candies, respectively. I caught my first wild Mareep, and my Slugma evolved from having it as my buddy Pokemon and getting the last couple candies I needed.

My new Pokedex total is 198. 127 Kanto and 71 Johto.

In my town we also had a person without Articuno until last day... At midday one appeared and he failed (10-0) but at the end of the day another showed up, we convince him to come with us and he caught him. The very last one... I would say he was lucky but who the f*ck is lucky failing 10 in a row? Meanwhile i was 11-7.
The raid thing is amazing because everyone is in group and make us be connected with people around. I didn't know almost anyone and in a small town we are now 24 people playing together. The runs that we make for the legendaries are amazing haha.
If you don't want to play alone you should really talk and connect with people, create facebook or whatsapp to connect everyone in a chat group. I know not all zones are possible to do this but this is such a small town, where from what we can see from the gyms only 30 players continue to play in the center zone (there are gyms around where people can stay 17 days without no one taking him out, so everyone in a space of 20km focus on center of town for raids) so if you see someone around don't be afraid to get him in your group. The funny part of our group is that i'm with 26 years old i'm very far from being the oldest and we don't have less than 22 years. Not because we don't want but because kids get tired of this really fast, they just want the console version. I understand, i love the ds games but i play both. If you wanna be on top you really need to spend some money, if you are not in a center town you will spend a lot traveling, so because the money demand i can understand why kids can lose interest in the game at some point.

Everyone that spoofs, that can't appreciate the concept of the game should meet the only player of level 40 in our town. A man with 66 years old, 6000 km done, only missing Unknown from the possibles in Europe (but he have Corsola from exclusives outside Europe because he went two weeks ago to Africa). His story with the game is really amazing and we are talking about a person that didn't know Pokemon before this game. His wife is level 39, two awesome players that everyone that loves this game should meet :)

Started 3 months ago (because didn't had mobile to play), level 31, 215 caught and today got the first two Moltres and third Lugia but still failed an amazing Blastoise, so still no Blastoise neither Charizard from the pokemon possible to get from raids -.-

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I finally caught my first Legendary today, a Moltres. It only took me eight tries, but at least I can finally say I own a Legendary Pokémon. It's very much a relief to know I won't miss it like I did Articuno. Still have to go after Lugia though, so sadly I still have to put up with these Legendary Raids.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just got back from my first Zapdos raid. We beat it with 13 people, but only two people caught it. I think Zapdos might be the hardest of the four Legendaries we've seen so far, because instead of just flying up and down like the others, it does the zig-zag thing that Pokémon like Zubat, Magnemite, and Yanma do, and it seems to do that more often than it just sits still, making it very hard to hit with curveballs.

Vipsoccermaster

Caught two new Pokémon in the last week while on vacation. Caught Piloswine and Forretress. Also caught Donphan as well (two of them so far), though one of them was before I started vacation. Now I'm at 69/70 for the gold medal for Johto Pokémon. 31 left to go to complete the Johto region. Also saw a bunch of new Pokémon, but couldn't catch them. Failed to get Victreebel because of network errors, Togetic because I didn't want to risk it as I had very low Poké Balls at the time. Few new others were in my radar, but couldn't get to them. Saw a bunch of Moltres raids, but didn't attempt because I didn't have the time and of course no one would be around for them. Too bad Moltres is now gone so yeah, I do not have Articuno, Moltres, or even Lugia. Highly doubt I'll even get Zapdos. What I was able to get during my vacation was a shiny Magikarp, so I was lucky for that.

...Just saw a Zapdos raid going on from view, but I'll bet no one is there for it.

Still got a bunch of new Poké Stops and Gyms during vacation, so that was nice, as well. I have two gyms still defending from where I stayed for vacation to this day, and they have been defending for five days and counting so far.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
What I was able to get during my vacation was a shiny Magikarp, so I was lucky for that.

That's AWESOME!! Perfect thing to get on vacation!

I was finally able to attempt my first Zapdos raid today. I've had a fair bit of trouble when it comes to catching legendaries, but I was able to catch it pretty quickly. I then grabbed my mother's phone (she came as well) and was able to catch hers. So now I've got the legendary bird trio and my mother has her first legendary! I daresay I'm happier about that than me getting one. Quite a few people didn't catch it in our group though, so we followed them to the next raid to help them out. I caught Zapdos for my mother and I again on that raid. I never have that kind of luck and I don't expect it again, but I'm glad we were able to do that together.

Then on the way back, we both got two 10k eggs (fingers crossed for a Lapras for mom lol). Now all I need is to get Lugia, and I'll have gotten all the legendaries (which would be awesome since Lugia's my favorite).

Vipsoccermaster

That's AWESOME!! Perfect thing to get on vacation!

I was finally able to attempt my first Zapdos raid today. I've had a fair bit of trouble when it comes to catching legendaries, but I was able to catch it pretty quickly. I then grabbed my mother's phone (she came as well) and was able to catch hers. So now I've got the legendary bird trio and my mother has her first legendary! I daresay I'm happier about that than me getting one. Quite a few people didn't catch it in our group though, so we followed them to the next raid to help them out. I caught Zapdos for my mother and I again on that raid. I never have that kind of luck and I don't expect it again, but I'm glad we were able to do that together.

Then on the way back, we both got two 10k eggs (fingers crossed for a Lapras for mom lol). Now all I need is to get Lugia, and I'll have gotten all the legendaries (which would be awesome since Lugia's my favorite).
For sure. Finally lost two gyms from vacation. One of which my Flareon defended for 8 days and 8 hours came back to me minutes before August 11 came, and another which my Exeggutor defended for 9 days and 22 hours came back earlier today (got its 50 coins for the day).

Nice that you got all the Kanto birds. Unfortunately for me, I got none, and I still doubt I'll have a shot at Zapdos. As for Lugia, I think you'll be fine, as there's no word on when Lugia will go away. Only Zapdos for Monday.

Took on two level 1 raids today, got both (Quilava and Croconaw), but also transferred both as neither were good shape. Was able to catch a wild Golem today, however, it's not a very good one (expected as such). And I finally got a gold badge on the gym closest to where I live.

Also got a gold Gym Leader badge for defending 1,000 hours. The two gyms I held from vacation for more than a week seriously boosted my progress on this, although the latter wasn't necessary as I already had a gold badge then. Now at 1,410 hours defended. Depending on where you live, it's very easy to get a gold for this, although it's very hard to get in some areas with very high turnover rates (and thus, very low coin payouts) like San Francisco and Japan.

I'm now holding 1,861 coins right now, and never paid actual money. I do need to expand my item and Pokémon storage, but I'm holding out for a sale on them before I bite.

In the middle of my vacation, when August started, I was very low on Poké Balls (all types) and now I'm holding like 130 Poké Balls, 50 Great Balls, and 10 Ultra Balls. Back then I was high on Revives and Max Potions, but now I'm low on them. Quite the turnaround.

Today's haul has netted me more than 11,000 XP, as today was my 7th day streak for both Poké Stop and Pokémon. And now I'm less than 8,500 XP away from Level 31, which I should be able to hit tomorrow.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Since the legendary raids began, I am up to 9 Lugia, 9 Articuno, 5 Moltres, and 7 Zapdos. I'm also sitting on over 300 Rare Candy and 20 of each tm with nothing to really use them on.