• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Sprinter1988

Had a good weekend. Took advantage of the double experience points and a lucky egg to evolve 51 pokemon all at once (a personal record for most pokemon evolved in one go), finally got the medal for hatching 500 eggs and added Farfetch'd to my pokedex.
Just waiting for other region exclusives like Kangaskhan, Tauros and Heracross to turn up in the UK.

Long time, no see, Go Board! I'm loving the new update with Hoenn Pokemon and weather effects. It's been snowing a lot in my university town, and the snow animation in the game has been beautiful. I've caught various new Hoenn Pokemon, including Roselia, Skitty, Zangoose, Plusle, and a few others, along with the 5 that were available beginning at Halloween time. I also got my first Larvitar from a 10k egg!

My new Pokedex total is 216.
128 Kanto, 74 Johto, and 14 Hoenn.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today I went 1/2 on Groudon raids, solo'd a Machamp raid at a Sprint gym, and then did a Tyranitar raid. I also caught a shiny Snowrunt, although its IVs were poor. I wasted multiple Golden Razz + Ultra Ball on a wild Lapras level 30 only to find out its IVs were terrible. I have enough candy for Blaziken, but haven't got a wonder Torchic yet. I am about 40% of the way to getting a Sceptile and already have a Swampert.

I've registered a bunch of new Pokemon recently thanks to the introduction of Hoenn Pokemon. Plus, I finally got some fully evolved Kanto Pokemon I did not have before such as Blastoise and Alakazam. I've been catching a bunch of Roselia and Gulpin, and I evolved one to register Swalot. I can't wait for Roserade to be introduced to GO with the Gen IV Pokemon. The Snorunt line is one of my favorites, so I've been excited catching those. Finally getting Delibird was nice as well. I've also caught some random Hoenn 'mons such as Ralts and Meditite.

My new Pokedex total is 230.
130 Kanto, 75 Johto, and 25 Hoenn.

I've registered a couple new Pokemon in the last couple days. I took down a Wailmer Raid by myself (it's super easy to do so since it was only at 3300 CP or so) and caught and registered that. I also registered Hariyama, Delcatty, and Treecko. I've always had the worst luck finding Starter Pokemon, but Mudkip and Torchic have been spawning a lot for me. Also, I'm still stoked that I got my first shiny Pokemon in Go - shiny Snorunt! This morning I caught a 792 CP Eevee and that shocked me because it was so high (the ones I usually see are 600 max). I'm going to save it until Leafeon and Glaceon are introduced next gen. because they are two of my favorites.

My new Pokedex total is 234.
130 Kanto, 75 Johto, and 29 Hoenn.

I've been home with my parents over Christmas, which is in a less major city than where I live for work. So Groudon has been the first legendary I've missed out on because none of the raids had anyone turn up to them.

I'm surprised how common the gen 3 starters are. I don't have the third stage of the gen 1 ones yet, but I already have enough candy for a Swampert.

I also grew to level 31 the other day!

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
I just got back from driving around playing Pokemon go, and I caught a lot of ice type Pokemon today as well as a couple Santa Hat Pikachus! I havent seen nor caught a single shiny Pokemon in this game yet but it doesnt stop me from tapping every Magikarp, Pikachu, Shuppet, Duskull, Sableye and Snorunt I see!

I took over 4 gyms, one of which was white with no pokemon in it :3 and I also did 3 raids, one was Magneton and the other was Machamp. The Groudon raid failed because there was not enough people, but I already have 4 of them so I think I am ok with what I have :)

Anyway as I pulled up at my house, there was a Snorlax outside! I berried it with a Pinap Berry because I needed the candies, and threw an Ultra Ball at it. After 2 shakes, it broke free and ran away :( oh well, I usually use my rare candies to level up my Snorlax, as it is my stongest Pokemon in Pokemon Go by far!

Slakoth had been in my nearby forever but I finally caught 2 of them and registered it. Thanks to catching a bunch of the same Pokemon the last week or two I've registered 7 evolutions in my Pokedex: Manectric, Linoone, Sealeo, Walrein, Glalie, Dustox, and Medicham.

My new Pokedex total is 242.
130 Kanto, 75 Johto, and 37 Hoenn.

Manchee

extra toasty
Finally caught a Seviper after its migration!

I still need to make sure to do that! I'm so happy I managed to get a Zangoose, I was afraid I'd miss it! :eek:

I'm currently trying to slowly gather Hoenn Pokémon so I can evolve a bunch sometime soon (hopefully there will be another event soon with boosted exp). I don't think I have too many Hoenn Pokémon that are ready to evolve, but I know I'm only a catch or two away from being able to at least get Swalot lol

Vroomer

Ralts is my buddy. We're at 43 candies.

I have another Ralts that I evolved into Kirlia. She's judged as Amazing. Just trying to get her up to evolve into Gardevoir. One of my favorite pokemon.

Dex: Seen 292, Caught 263

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today I spent 6 hours at Mall of America. I caught 4 Lotad since it was raining from 3-4 and 5-6. I successfully captured 2 Groudon, one of which using a Pinap Berry since it had terrible IVs. I also hatched a bunch of eggs; unfortunately my 10km one was a stupid Sudowoodo even though I got the egg after gen 3 started. I gained about 90,000 stardust and around 100,000 experience. 4 Starpieces and Incences were used, no Lucky Eggs since I don't have a stockpile to evolve.

A couple days I evolved two Wurmple, first getting Cascoon and then a Silcoon, which I actually needed. Today, two Luvdisc spawned on campus and I caught both, registering the species to my Pokedex. After I got out of class and walked to the student union, the union gym was hosting a Mawile raid. I defeated and caught it, finally getting my first Mawile. I also hatched an Egg today, which turned out to be a Spoink. This finally gave me enough candies to evolve and register Grumpig. My Grumpig ended up being close to 1900 CP, so I was happy with it. With a couple more Wurmple I will be able to evolve Silcoon and register Beautiful, finally attaining the full split evolution line.

My new Pokedex total is 246.
130 Kanto, 75 Johto, and 41 Hoenn.

Last edited:
I caught a couple Wurmple today and was able to register Beautifly. I now have all of Wurmple's evolutions. I hatched 10k egg today, and was extremely disappointed when it was only a Sudowoodo, which spawn all the time in my college town. I really wanted a Poryogn (I've still never gotten one) or Dratini or Larvitar for the candies.

My new Pokedex total is 247.
130 Kanto, 75 Johto, and 42 Hoenn.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
2 days ago I played at the mall for several hours and most of that time it was partly cloudy. I now have an Aggron level 31 that is a certainly caught attention and that is without doing any raids for him since i haven't come across one of those yet. This morning I saw a Baltoy nearby and got that since I didn't have it yet and it was around level 30 as well. I then saw a Kadabra on the nearby and it ended up being level 33 and a certainly caught attention so I evolved that and got the best moves for it. I also solo'd a Porygon this morning since I had to use up yesterday's pass and I ended up +1 on Revives. The only reason it knocked out three of my Pokemon is because it had Hyper Beam and it was being difficult to dodge.

I hatched quite a few eggs this week, helping me to register a bunch of new Pokemon. I hatched Barboach and Corphish, registering those. I evolved my Mudkip and Torchic to register Marshtomp and Combusken, respectively. I was also able to register Meganium, Mightyena, and Hitmonlee. Yesterday I caught a bunch of Cacnea, which was great because it used to be one of my favorite Pokemon. I've also caught Numel, Whismur, and Loudred this week.

My new Pokedex total is 258.
131 Kanto, 76 Johto, and 51 Hoenn.

Edit: I caught a few new Pokemon. I was able to evolve Phanpy and Seedot to register Donphan and both Nuzleaf and Shiftry, respectively. I also hatched my first Feebas from a 10k Egg. I also found wild Baltoy, Aron, and Nosepass!

My new Pokedex total is 265.
131 Kanto, 77 Johto, and 57 Hoenn.

Last edited: