• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
I just updated my game and just for kicks and giggles I thought I would catch a snubble and after I caught I on the exp screen it said collectors bonus. Is this bonus just once a day or not

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
If you're someone who doesn't log in frequently, you might want to check your account. Today, probably to celebrate Mewtwo's birthday, EX Raid Passes were handed out with incredibly easy criteria to fill. For example, I got one for a gym I haven't raided at in six months. For those of you who were struggling to get an EX raid Pass, such as myself, this could be your day. I, for one, am thrilled.

I just updated my game and just for kicks and giggles I thought I would catch a snubble and after I caught I on the exp screen it said collectors bonus. Is this bonus just once a day or not

How long has it been since you last played? They implemented a First Catch of the Day bonus way back in October 2016. But that says "First Catch of the Day," not "Collector's Bonus." If it wasn't that, perhaps it was just the "Bonus," which you receive once for every 100 of a species you catch. So 100, 200, 300, etc. Pidgey catches will give you 100 bonus experience. But that's just labeled as "Bonus." I can't think of anything that says "Collector's Bonus."

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
If you're someone who doesn't log in frequently, you might want to check your account. Today, probably to celebrate Mewtwo's birthday, EX Raid Passes were handed out with incredibly easy criteria to fill. For example, I got one for a gym I haven't raided at in six months. For those of you who were struggling to get an EX raid Pass, such as myself, this could be your day. I, for one, am thrilled.

How long has it been since you last played? They implemented a First Catch of the Day bonus way back in October 2016. But that says "First Catch of the Day," not "Collector's Bonus." If it wasn't that, perhaps it was just the "Bonus," which you receive once for every 100 of a species you catch. So 100, 200, 300, etc. Pidgey catches will give you 100 bonus experience. But that's just labeled as "Bonus." I can't think of anything that says "Collector's Bonus."
I play every day but I think it’s something to do with the new update. And congrats on the ex raid pass

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I play every day but I think it’s something to do with the new update.

Oh, alright. The kicks and giggles part of your post gave me the impression that you were playing for the first time in a while. Sorry for telling you something you already know. I've read over the list of new things from the update, both official and data-mined, and haven't found a Collector Bonus anywhere, but I suppose it could have slipped through the cracks, or I just missed it.

And congrats on the ex raid pass

Thanks.

Maserati777

Of the new Pokemon released in the latest update, Baltoy, Nosepass, Trapinch, Numel, Cacnea, Solrock, Lunatone, Whismur, Aron, Lileep, Anorith and Torkoal.

I hatched 1 Baltoy, caught 1 Solrock, caught a few Cacnea, Whismur and 2 Lileep. Finished the Aron and Anorith lines. I know Lunatone and Torkoal are regional, I haven't seen any of the other Pokemon yet. Here it's mostly just Aron and Anorith. Actually didn't see my first Lileep until after I evolved Anorith. I've caught a couple wild Lairon and 1 wild Armaldo. Not sure why Trapinch, Numel and Nosepass are pretty much extinct.

Last edited:

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
@Bguy7 it is fine, I should have put better wording in the post. And maybe I just read it wrong who knows

After what seems like forever I have finally leveled up to level 28! I caught and registered my very first Porygon at a raid the other day on campus. I also caught a random Anorith and hatched a Lileep. I got into bed last night and opened the app because sometimes something good will spawn inside, and I saw my very first Seviper - and it was almost 1400 CP. Finally, I evolved Loudred and Marshtomp and registered Exploud and Swampert, respectively.

My new Pokedex total is 271.
132 Kanto, 77 Johto, and 62 Hoenn.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Of the new Pokemon released in the latest update, Baltoy, Nosepass, Trapinch, Numel, Cacnea, Solrock, Lunatone, Whismur, Aron, Lileep, Anorith and Torkoal.

I hatched 1 Baltoy, caught 1 Solrock, caught a few Cacnea, Whismur and 2 Lileep. Finished the Aron and Anorith lines. I know Lunatone and Torkoal are regional, I haven't seen any of the other Pokemon yet. Here it's mostly just Aron and Anorith. Actually didn't see my first Lileep until after I evolved Anorith. I've caught a couple wild Lairon and 1 wild Armaldo. Not sure why Trapinch, Numel and Nosepass are pretty much extinct.

I wish the fossils were more common on my end. I maybe see 2 Numel a week, but I still see them. About 4 wild Aron since gen 3 launched. I DID finally get enough Whismur and Spheal for their final evolutions, but I'm waiting for either a double XP event or a really good IV basic form.

Other than that, I got my first EX raid pass last week before all the madness the other day and the actual raid is tomorrow! So, hopefully I'll be able to finally catch Mewtwo!

I was hoping I would see more Hoenn Pokemon during this event, but so far I've only managed to register Carvahna, Crawdaunt, Swablu, Illlumise, Taillow, and Minun. I understand Wailmer needing 400 candies, but Swablu too? The moment I saw that I was immediately annoyed.

My new Pokedex total is 277.
132 Kanto, 77 Johto, and 68 Hoenn.

Vipsoccermaster

I was hoping I would see more Hoenn Pokemon during this event, but so far I've only managed to register Carvahna, Crawdaunt, Swablu, Illlumise, Taillow, and Minun. I understand Wailmer needing 400 candies, but Swablu too? The moment I saw that I was immediately annoyed.

My new Pokedex total is 277.
132 Kanto, 77 Johto, and 68 Hoenn.
Swablu requiring 400 candy to evolve into Altaria is probably due to Altaria being part Dragon. Niantic is trying to make the Dragon Tamer medal difficult to get gold on.

That being said, I was lucky two hours ago being that I caught two Bagon, which are Dragon types as well.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I understand Wailmer needing 400 candies, but Swablu too? The moment I saw that I was immediately annoyed.

Yeah, I very much agree. It is quite absurd. There is absolutely nothing rare, unique, or even powerful about Alteria. It's just bad design.

Swablu requiring 400 candy to evolve into Altaria is probably due to Altaria being part Dragon. Niantic is trying to make the Dragon Tamer medal difficult to get gold on.

That's just an awful excuse. Not only should that not matter in the first place, but it's not like you'll ever get a gold Dragon Tamer badge by evolving Swablu fifty candies at a time. If that really is Niantic's reason, I can't even begin to understand the logic of it.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
While just catching hoards and hoards of Swablu, I happened to come across a shiny one. Now I have a shiny Altaria, but really? 400 candy? That's just freaking insane.

Yeah, I very much agree. It is quite absurd. There is absolutely nothing rare, unique, or even powerful about Alteria. It's just bad design.

Precisely. I was actually excited when I caught a bunch of Swablu and had 50 candies because I hadn't seen the 400 requirement. And then the annoyance set in.

Well, the Hoenn-only event is over, and I managed to register Castform (regular and Sunny), Cacturne, Shroomish, Surskit, Wingull, and Swellow. Shroomish are really rare where I live, which I find odd. I've also only seen one Wingull and Surskit. I wish they were more common. A Beldum appeared in my sightings, but I unfortunately didn't get to it in time.

My new Pokedex total is 283.
132 Kanto, 77 Johto, and 74 Hoenn.

Edit: Snubbull are really rare where I live, but thanks to the current event I was able to catch enough to evolve one and finally register Grabull. Unfortunately, I never found any shiny Luvdisc and haven't seen any shiny Poochyena either.

My new Pokedex total is 284.
132 Kanto, 78 Johto, and 74 Hoenn.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I caught a shiny festive Pikachu, and I caught a few shiny Dratini during the Dratini event. Now I have a shiny Dragonite.

I caught a ton of Dratini on Community Day and was FINALLY able to register Dragonite. I also registered Wynaut and Whiscash from eggs hatching while walking around catching Dratini (I hatched a Barboach that finally pushed me up to 50 candies). I also finally found my first Lotad, which was extremely exciting.

My new Pokedex total is 288.
133 Kanto, 78 Johto, and 77 Hoenn.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Just caught a beldum yes

I spent the week at a writer's conference in Tampa, Florida. While I didn't catch any Corsola or Heracross like I would have loved to, I did register a bunch of Pokemon. I caught my first Bagon and Trapinch, and hatched an Azurill. I registered the following through evolution: Lairon, Sharpedo, Typhlosion, Camerupt, Pelipper, and Cradily.

My new Pokedex total is 297.
133 Kanto, 79 Johto, and 85 Hoenn.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
So in the past week, I've found a shiny Swablu and a shiny Aron in my house. That's nice considering I haven't been able to leave home for that period of time.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
When I went outside today I decided to start up this game for the first time in a long while. Because it is snowing here, it gave me a warning message about the weather, and I had to say "I am safe" before I was able to play. Nice touch with the weather system in the games now.