• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
DZ2C-jnXUAEVn84.jpg

Got my Mew!

It's official. You're my hero.

I went for a long walk to clear my head and hatched some Eggs in the process. I hatched and registered Magby, and I finally was able to evolve one of my Larvitar to register Pupitar. I'm so busy this week which makes me sad because I want to make more progress in the Mew Research, but alas.

My new Pokedex total is 306.
134 Kanto, 82 Johto, and 90 Hoenn.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
That's why I'm saying it might be a little too easy.
It's easy for players who play the game a lot, it's not like increasing the amount of things required would change that for them.

I think the challenges are a good mix of playtime and difficulty. You need to be at least level 25 to complete the quest as well as having the gold medal for the Kanto Pokedex(which to be honest, a majority of players had anyway) while you also have to make skillshots, evolve Magikarp, and get lucky with Ghost or Ditto spawns.

I mean, I'm on step 5 right now, currently stuck trying to get Ditto and Ghost types.(I don't have many Ghost spawns if any, rarely foggy here, and Ditto is rare as is) I'd honestly be lucky to finish this step in 10 days, and I'm sure a lot of other people think the same as well. Really, my only hope at getting Ghost types is through eggs and raids, and Ditto is just... Ditto.

Anyway, failed my second Latios. So I'm currently 0-2. Really hoping they tweak Raids in the future. 7-12 Premier Balls for a legendary is ridiculous with how hard they are to catch and how sporadically they move. On a better note, I did find a shiny Murkrow! I was shocked when it happened considering even during the full 3 hours of this last Community Day I only totaled 6 shiny Bulbasaur and with Dratini I only got 2 shinies. Meanwhile my brother got 5 or 6 shiny Dratini, 8 shiny Bulbasaur caught with one shiny Bulbasaur failed along with a shiny Wynaut + Mawile. Plus he caught ALL four Lugia we battled.

Also I wish they would just shift Legendary Pokemon into Research in general. Turn 5 star raids into ones for Pokemon like Tyranitar, Dragonite, Salamence, Metagross, Gyarados, etc... Instead of time-locking Legendary Pokemon, the chance to encounter one per week would be better imo. Plus, with this you could easily prepare yourself to capture one and it wouldn't heavily rely on luck when it comes to capturing them.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's easy for players who play the game a lot, it's not like increasing the amount of things required would change that for them.

Shouldn't this be designed with those people in mind though? I suppose the problem I have stems from the fact that there's not really anything in Go that can be considered "difficult," just annoying, so it's just a matter of how many random annoying things they throw at you.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Shouldn't this be designed with those people in mind though? I suppose the problem I have stems from the fact that there's not really anything in Go that can be considered "difficult," just annoying, so it's just a matter of how many random annoying things they throw at you.
Basically.

It's hard to really make anything difficult, especially for higher leveled players which these quests are directed at, simply because everything is either a simple task or an annoyance.

It's honestly fine as is, adding more onto it to make it 'difficult' would just be making it more frustrating and annoying than anything else.

I especially feel bad for people who can't throw curveballs to save their life, have fun getting an excellent curveball throw.

Vipsoccermaster

Well, I was able to make some progress for Ghost-Types. Found and caught 4 in one day. One was from a Field Research reward. And I hit Level 36, too. Also attempted another Latios raid, but was so close to taking the boss down. There were about 5 of us, we were only able to take it down to just a sliver of health when time ran out. Too bad I'm not on step 6, as it would have counted twice, since that's how many times we attempted. Oh well, at least it was a free raid pass. And yes, I still need a Ditto. Hopefully I get to step 6 before I have my EX Raid on Saturday, April 7, 2018.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I have my EX Raid on Saturday, April 7, 2018.
Funny, I have an EX Raid on the same day! I doubt I'll be able to beat it though, considering my two brothers and I got the pass from a Pokestop where just the three of us did a Mawile raid.

Hopefully I'm wrong and more people got the pass. It'd be nice to take a shot at capturing Mewtwo.

Vroomer

Basically.

It's hard to really make anything difficult, especially for higher leveled players which these quests are directed at, simply because everything is either a simple task or an annoyance.

I especially feel bad for people who can't throw curveballs to save their life, have fun getting an excellent curveball throw.

The quest is fine as is. If you hardcore play, or put in a few hours a day, you will get it. If you’ve been playing since launch & are not Kanto gold or 25+, you are playing what? Once a month or less?

I can’t throw Excellent to save my life though.

I’m on 5/8. Saw 3 ghosts the day prior. I’m at 4 ghosts now. I got 3 yesterday before work and one today. They will come. Not worried. Two were on my radar as being at stops nearby. But - they were not on my way to work. Got Ditto yesterday. Thought this would have taken longer. Ditto is out there. I spent about 1 hour actively going for Ditto, too.

I’m at 21 Magikarp candy with walking my buddy & catching one with a Pinap berry active.

That excellent curve ball will cause me to burn through my poke balls. So, time to expand my item storage & hit those stops. Stock up & practice on those 10 raids. “Free” premiere ball practice with those level 1&2 raid bosses. I’ll take it.

Now I need to do my Research for the day. :)

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I'm right at that point where I'm close to leveling up, but not close enough to use a Lucky Egg yet. I need 69,000 more EXP, and I've got 5 Hoenn Pokemon ready to evolve into new, unregistered Pokemon, but that still leaves a lot of EXP to gain, and I don't have nearly enough Pidgeys to exploit a Lucky Egg. There's no ghost Pokemon around, and like so many people, I caught a Ditto the day before I really needed to, so I'm gonna be stuck on this level of special research for awhile. For those of you who live in the south, it's STILL snowing up here, so even though I found two Latios raids within walking distance from one another, not one person wanted to come out and raid. I still have 3 Eggstravaganza eggs to hatch. Hopefully they'll hatch into something good, and not more Eevees. Oh, and I'm also at around 50 Magikarp candies, they're rare here as well, even though it's not a desert biome, they never appear as raid bosses, and there's currently no Magikarp nests nearby. So basically what I'm saying is I'll never get Mew.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Just one more Research Stamp away from Moltres. Very excited! Does anybody know if it can flee from the Research Encounter? I've heard that Research Encounter Pokemon don't flee, and I haven't had it happen yet, so I'd assume the same thing goes for the Research Breakthrough Encounter?

Eh, at least I can use as many Poke Balls as I want/need to and I'm not restrained to a specific amount based on luck.

Today was somewhat eventful? Did my 3rd Latios Raid and actually got this one, and it was Weather Boosted as well. Hoping to get a charged TM soon since I got a little bit of bad luck considering mine knows Solar Beam instead of Psychic/Outrage. I also hatched an Aron that gave me ~7 candies which gave me enough to fully evolve my highest Aron into an Aggron! I also caught 2 ghost types for the ghost type step being a Gastly from a Field Research and a random Shuppet in front of my house. Also found two Bagons at the local Post Office which was really great. They seem to be spawning there a little frequently lately, so I'm hoping I'm getting a Bagon nest!

Hopefully everyone has good luck with their Special Research and Research Breakthroughs tomorrow!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just one more Research Stamp away from Moltres. Very excited! Does anybody know if it can flee from the Research Encounter? I've heard that Research Encounter Pokemon don't flee, and I haven't had it happen yet, so I'd assume the same thing goes for the Research Breakthrough Encounter?

I've seen a lot of people ask that, and no one has been able to provide evidence of one running, so presumably it doesn't, but it technically isn't confirmed.

EDIT: I just read about someone who threw 34 normal Pokéballs with no berries at the Moltres, and it didn't run. This would imply that it won't.

Vipsoccermaster

I'm not getting Moltres tomorrow because I skipped a day of not doing any field research tasks (but still maintained the daily streak). I don't discard field research tasks; I want to complete as many as I can without discarding them. That being said, getting a bit of trouble with finding three Treecko or Mudkip, only found one so far. And I have a research task to spin three stops I haven't been to before. Problem is, I literally did that before getting that task. Still have room for one more field task. As for my Mew quest, still no Ditto, but I did catch two more Ghost-Type Pokémon today (a Shuppet popped a nearby stop during my night walk, and a Duskull from a raid with two others that were in the lobby with me). 6/10 Ghost-Types now.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I've seen a lot of people ask that, and no one has been able to provide evidence of one running, so presumably it doesn't, but it technically isn't confirmed.

EDIT: I just read about someone who threw 34 normal Pokéballs with no berries at the Moltres, and it didn't run. This would imply that it won't.
That's great if that is the case then. It'd be a complete annoyance to have waited 7 full days just to have it run away from you.

I'm wondering if Zapdos/Articuno will be next? I doubt every 7 day breakthrough will be Moltres. In fact, I'm hoping we actually get Regional Exclusives this way. Especially considering Tropius is my favorite Gen 3 Pokemon and is exclusive to Africa

Pyreon

I hope Articuno and Zapdos are next. I missed Articuno the first time (seen 7, caught 0) and would be good to have one.

Also tried my first Latias yesterday but no luck :(

Vroomer

Got my Moltres last night.

Woke up early and left my house about 5:50am. Started hitting the big grocery store parking lots. Got my last 5 ghosts well before sunrise. They are out there in the early morning. If I had waited until today, I could have got all 10 of them. The ghosts are out there. Waited for a level 1 raid to spawn... and it was Snorunt. Beat it and got Raid 1 of 10 down. Needed it to be something else...

.. Magikarp.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Captured Moltres today. It was around 1400 CP, forgot to Pinap it so I only got to power it up once. It's 91% IVs and has the best possible moves, so I'm very satisfied regardless.

Went to attempt Latios #4, but not enough people showed up so instead I battled a Duskull raid for the 10 ghost types step for Mew. Caught it, a Shuppet, and a Gastly from field research today so I'm up to 5/10.

Still no Ditto.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Got Moltres right after midnight (I was up anyway, so why not) 1376 CP. Don't know where that lands in the scheme of things, but I got it with a pinap, so I can use it for my other Moltres.

Finished my 5th Latios raid and caught my second one. Also, I'm officially out of revives. I didn't get any from the Latios raids I've been doing and since everybody insists on getting into groups by team (and almost every time mine's been the least in number so far) I've run out of revives. I exploited the power up thing so I could get 1 HP and potion them, but it's a lot of stardust and candy to do so. So now I can't use my Articunos unless I get revives and the pokestops aren't giving any either. Latios has just been a pain in the butt for me in general.

But enough of me complaining. I hatched another Trapinch from an Eggstravaganza egg this morning and got another 10k to incubate. Hopefully I'll have enough to get a Flygon soon! I have enough for a Metagross, I'm just waiting for the right Beldum.

Still on step 5 of the Mew quest since I can't find any ghost types. Holding out hope though!

Pyreon

So I made a Latias raid yesterday and... I just got an EX Pass for that gym!!!! It's my first one!!

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I saved a task from yesterday so I would already have one ready to get a stamp today. Since it was my day 7 stamp I caught a Moltres and it was a 96% as well. I am very tempted to use a bunch of rare candies on it since I am sitting on around 430 of them.