• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
It has been since February since I last posted here and thought I would give update on my progress.

So since February I have caught enough ice types to earn the gold badge and just need 7 more steel types to get the gold badge

I have caught a couple of shiny Pokémon including a bulbasaur and Aron

Erron Black

The Outlaw
WOW I caught some sort of luck streak.

Got another shiny Meditite today! 73% IVs. So now I have a shiny Makuhita, Hariyama, Meditite, and Medicham!

I also got a 96% Latias from a raid today, so that was really nice.

Nothing else really notable, but I'd call today a big success!

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Finally leveled up to level 32! Whoo! Also, can we make this "guaranteed Rare Candy" thing permanent? Just saying.

Tales of Pokemon Go Plus: So I activated it and synced it with my account and turned it on with it and my phone on "low battery mode," left my phone in my car and went into work. Six hours later, I went back to my phone and it said that the minute I walked out of my car, the phone and the app all shut down, so nothing was recorded. I wasted 6 hours. I was furious. So today I tried again, this time with my phone not turned to battery saver mode, and actually in my pocket, and only for 3 hours. After what I believe was an hour or two, I felt a buzz and checked my phone, and it said that the Go session had ended, even though there was plenty of battery left. I hit continue and went back to work. After I got out, I checked my phone and it said it recorded 1.5 km of walking. So now I don't know what to think. Was the first time an accident? Does the app just not record reliably? I sunk $40 into this thing; it had better be doing its job!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Did another Latias raid today without catching it. Not a big deal. Wasn't a very high IV/CP so I wasn't missing out on too much.

Nothing very special today. Can't wait for this event to end!! I'd like to see more than just Meditite, Makuhita, Mankey, and Machop everywhere.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I've updated my iphone to 11 or whatever latest update is, but I still dont see a way to use ar+. I really want to try it out as I've been taking pictures since the start.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ran into my first 3rd gen starter today, a Treecko. But the little twerp ran. :( That aside, I was able to stock up on Pokeballs and items and got a 2km egg and a 5km one. Then my guy got stuck at the Poke Stop and I got to hit it one last time :p. Gotta love GPS lag.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
So the Plus app seems to be working better, though I've determined that, if left alone for 1 hour, the app and game will shut itself off, and you'll have to manually restart the app. That only takes about 20 seconds, but at my job, touching your phone at all is grounds for punishment, so you gotta be sneaky about it. I also caved in and finally spent most of my candies on Snorunt and Vigoroth. I can now say that my most powerful Pokemon is a CP 3626 Slaking (Glalie: CP 1083...)! Ooh, speaking of sad, I also have a shiny Dragonair...with CP 194. I believe the only Dragonite I ever got had a CP somewhere in the triple digits as well. Lets see here...a Flygon with CP 1384, CP 1407 Charizard, shiny Venusaur at CP 1147, Xatu at CP 76. Not too interested in Saturday's community day event. Stardust doesn't interest me, and I already have a Charizard. I'll still go to the local meetup just in case a Latias raid pops up, since I'll know that people are there for once. Oh, and now my buddy Pokemon is Wingull. Only 25 more candies to go!

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Continuing to walk my little water strider (Surskit). I think I have anywhere between 13 and 17 km to go, considering it's a one km candy distance, which is fine with me. Caught my first Vigoroth yesterday, so that was cool. I still have a ways to go on Slakoth candies, however. I'll be hatching a 10k tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Personally, I'm hoping for a good Trapinch or Beldum, but Bagon would be nice too. If it turns out to be Slakoth, like I said, I need the candies, so I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

As for Saturday, I'm excited! Charmander is my favorite Kanto starter and I'm pretty hyped for the triple stardust too! Speaking of which, I just broke 1,000,000 stardust not too long ago. It's mostly because I nearly never spend it, but it's still nice.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'm beyond ready for Community Day. A new shiny, triple stardust, and Blast Burn on Charizard is going to be amazing!

Lord knows I need the stardust. I usually power up my Pokemon until they require 5,000 then I move on to something else. Once I get my desired Pokemon up to that point, I'll probably just stock up until Gen 4 or until I hit level 40. Which ever decides to happen first.

Hoping I can get a decent shiny Charmander this time. My best shiny Mareep from last month's was a 60%, slightly better though, my best Mareep was an 82%.(Could've been much better though)

Glad I lucked out with the Dratini community day, I only snagged two and the one I happened to evolve up to Dragonite was an 89%. Meanwhile I evolved a 56% Dratini to Dragonite which was... uhh... not as good as the 82% Dragonair I had. lol

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Is there some GO help thread I'm missing? Because I need help with something.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today I finally hit level 38. I only caught one of five Latias I did today. I tried to solo Granbull, but was unsuccessful. It didn't help the weather decided to stop being sunny.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Finally caught Vulpix! Got some items (gonna have to stock up again though since I'm down to 40 Pokeballs... not today though as they're mowing the lawn at the closest Poke Stop...) Also got 3 Pidgeys and I ran into a really nice Ekans and caught it. Then I ran into Zapdos! :p Caught it and it's pretty good.

I'm so mad right now >_<!!! I evolved a charmeleon into Charizard during my timezone time slot and it didn't learn blast burn T_T...now I don't have enough candies to evlove another one....

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I'm so mad right now >_<!!! I evolved a charmeleon into Charizard during my timezone time slot and it didn't learn blast burn T_T...now I don't have enough candies to evlove another one....
Dang. Any way to report the glitch to Niantic?

Found 4 Charmanders so far. No shinies. But I got a very nice Charmander that I evolved into a Charmeleon. I found a Swablu, a Murkrow, a pair of Weedles, a Kakuna and a Roselia in my yard but no more Charmanders. Hatched three eggs and finally got an Onix and a Scyther and the other egg was a Swinub.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Best Community Day for me yet! I ended up catching 4 shiny Charmanders, got nearly 80,000 stardust (which is a lot for me at least), and evolved three of my shinies, so now I have one of each, plus another Charmeleon. Used a Star Piece for the first time and it was definitely worth it. During the event, I hatched a Baltoy and a (really good) Beldum, so now I can finally get a good Metagross. I'm glad I waited on that one.

Hope everyone had a good Community Day, as well!

That's a bummer. I'd definitely message Niantic about it because, odds are, it's not just you. That's been a problem that has happened before in the Bulbasaur or Dratini Days so, for real, don't hesitate to send them a head's up.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, I can't call this Community Day a failure for me, but I can't quite call it a success either. Of all the Community Days so far, this was the one that meant the most to me, and therefore it's the one I dedicated the most time and effort to. Despite that, I only captured 2 Shiny Charmander, which is the same amount as Shiny Mareep I caught, but Mareep was the Community Day I put the least time and effort into. All the other Community Days have resulted in 3-5 Shinies. So I'm a little bummed to not be able to get a complete Shiny set of the evolution family. Meanwhile, my brother went and captured six. Oh well, at least I got my incredibly epic Shiny Charizard.

Speaking of my epic Shiny Charizard, after dropping 125 candies into it to evolve it, I also dropped another 200 candies, nearly 300,000 stardust, and two Fast TMs in order to max it out. I have no regrets. From now on, this thing is going to be my go to Gym Pokémon.

That does suck, but unfortunately Niantic won't do anything about it. What likely happened was you got the "GPS Not Found" error as you were evolving it. Since the game had no clue where in the world you were, it didn't know you were in a place with Community Day currently running, and therefore did no give you the special move. It's a known issue that has been going on since the Dratini Community Day, and from what I've read, Niantic doesn't care. You're welcome to try to report it to them, but there's not really anything they can do. Sorry.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
That does suck, but unfortunately Niantic won't do anything about it. What likely happened was you got the "GPS Not Found" error as you were evolving it. Since the game had no clue where in the world you were, it didn't know you were in a place with Community Day currently running, and therefore did no give you the special move. It's a known issue that has been going on since the Dratini Community Day, and from what I've read, Niantic doesn't care. You're welcome to try to report it to them, but there's not really anything they can do. Sorry.

You know that's not true. They've extended Community Day hours before to allow for people to evolve Pokemon and get the special move.

Like I said, it doesn't hurt to give them a heads up. At least you can say you tried rather than just giving up.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I’m actually really mad right now. I was in two Ho-oh raids today, and failed to catch it both times! Some people said they made it easier to catch it, but I find that hard to believe when half the time the ball doesn’t shake even once, and that’s WITH a golden razz berry and a curve throw. I was so angry...I transferred a shiny Charmander in spite! It is next to impossible to find a raid with people at it around here, so there goes my OTHER chance at getting Ho-oh. I sincerely doubt Niantic will make it a research breakthrough Pokémon.