• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Now that summer is in full swing, I'm no longer on campus every day to spin stops and do raids. Today, someone posted in our group that they were going to do a 5 star and it gave me just enough time to get to campus and try it with the group. Ho-Oh is the only legendary I don't have, so I'm excited that it's Ho-Oh. We do the raid, I'm ready for payback, and BAM, Shiny Ho-Oh. Used my last pinap on it and I'm super stoked! I'm about to go on vacation, so I definitely wouldn't be able to do any raids before the rainbow bird leaves. Now I don't have to worry! After that, I got an Aerodactyl from research, which is only my second. You'd think I would've hatched one by now, I've been playing since day 2, but hey, that's how it goes sometimes. Did an Absol raid, and got that one as well.

Finally walked Surskit and got enough candies. The 4x faster walk cycle helped tremendously! Now I'm on Barboach, but should finish that today too. Then I'll be on to Snorunt!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Had some luck today, got some items another pair of 2km eggs and took over a pair of gyms. Hoping to work on some more walking so my Magikarp can earn some more candies. Going to try to reach 100.

Woot! Finally broke my 10km egg drought! Got one from a Poke Stop today along with some more items from some stops. Also ran into and caught a Larvitar (for practice).

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

Just hit Level 37! Not too far from 40, however, in terms of points needed, I still need 10,500,000 XP to go. It's going to be a long grind. And I think I need to buy more storage because I'm way above the capacity when I got the items for hitting Level 37. Especially to continue spinning stops and gyms.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I evolved my Anorith and Lileep yesterday, and got enough Mudkips to get a Swampert. No other nests I know of that I need to hit right now. No Rock shinies yet, but I'm not really looking for them either. Only 18 more Bagon candies to go!

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I finally got my second pass to an EX raid I could attend so yesterday I had to travel almost 60 miles round trip just to get a second Mewtwo before I had to work. It ended up not even being a wonder so that was rather disappointing considering how hard they are to even get a pass and be able to attend the raid.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
After 46 "evolve Kabuto/Omanyte"-research tasks, I finally got a shiny Aerodactyl! Now I can just sit at Lure Parties and get shiny Kabuto/Omanyte and Aron in the upcoming week without having to seek out the entire city for above mentioned research tasks. This means I can also continue my daily routine of turning gyms red.

Coincidentally, I managed to forget to spin a gym after I used a free pass from the day before. I feel so.. pathetic. That's basically a free 10.000xp or 1000xp towards a golden gym badge down the drain.

I also found a third shiny Makuhita late last night. Seriously, at the time I had shiny checked 257 Aron, 253 Omanyte and oddly enough exactly 253 Kabuto as well (along with 40 Aerodactyl) and no shiny at the time. Then one Makuhita pops up on my screen.. In my mind I try to order the thoughts.. should I check it? I probably shouldn't, bad mojo if it's shiny. But curiousity won out. I check it.. 10cp Shiny Makuhita with garbage IV's.

DAMN YOU FOR NOT BEING A SHINY KABUTO OR OMANYTE OR ARON! I nicknamed it Fatbag Olard.. It has about an 95% chance of getting transferred to the professor. But hey.. if trading ever comes out, I might as well donate it to somebody for a shiny Mareep (which I don't have).

Last edited:

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Only 10 more Bagon candies to go. Also, I finally got an EX-Raid pass! Now I just need to see if my boss will let me leave work a bit early so that I can make it. Also, I'm worried that not enough people will come. How many decently leveled people do you need to comfortably take down a Mewtwo? Also, is the catch rate still pretty high, or am I just setting myself up for a lot of disappointment?

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Finally managed to get a shiny.

It's an Aron, not my first choice but it'll do.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Only 10 more Bagon candies to go. Also, I finally got an EX-Raid pass! Now I just need to see if my boss will let me leave work a bit early so that I can make it. Also, I'm worried that not enough people will come. How many decently leveled people do you need to comfortably take down a Mewtwo? Also, is the catch rate still pretty high, or am I just setting myself up for a lot of disappointment?

If you have three players with well-developed, super-effective teams, you should be fine. The catch-rate is also higher than other Legendary Pokémon.

Speaking from my experience, I've done only one EX Raid, and it was in my small home town. Not only that, but there were two EX Raids going on at the same time in the community, meaning our numbers were split between the two. There were still ten people at my raid and we beat it with ease. Only people who actively play are going to be invited in the first place, and and pretty much anyone who is invited will try their hardest to attend. I wouldn't worry too much about not having enough people.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So I have finally got Ho-Oh in my Pokedex along with Feraligatr, which is fantastic!

Not sure if I posted this but I did find a Shiny Wailmer a while ago, which is awesome! It was a 67% so it's not too bad! It's not a Wailord obviously, and I love it!

Speaking of Ho-Oh and shinies... I got a Shiny Ho-Oh today and it's a 91% as well!! If only it didn't have Solarbeam and Steel Wing, haha.

No Adventure Week shinies yet. Hoping to get an Aron though, not too interested in the three that were introduced, but I'll take them if I get them!

Also Alolan Exeggutor and it's shiny have been found in the game's traffic, so my guess is that Alolans will debut after Adventure Week and Exeggcute will be introduced shiny along with it. Super exciting to have another really good Dragon type coming in the game, even if it is doofy old long neck. Personally, I'm excited about Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash the most!

Speculating a bit, but since Ho-Oh and Latias/Latios are leaving raids soon, what do you think will take their place? I think they'll pull a legendary beasts on us and introduce all the Regis but in different regions exclusively and swap them after a certain period of time. After all, we're getting very close to moving on to Gen 4.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
If you have three players with well-developed, super-effective teams, you should be fine. The catch-rate is also higher than other Legendary Pokémon.

Speaking from my experience, I've done only one EX Raid, and it was in my small home town. Not only that, but there were two EX Raids going on at the same time in the community, meaning our numbers were split between the two. There were still ten people at my raid and we beat it with ease. Only people who actively play are going to be invited in the first place, and and pretty much anyone who is invited will try their hardest to attend. I wouldn't worry too much about not having enough people.
Three players?! Shoot, wow, I thought it would take a minimum of twelve people, and that's IF they're relatively high leveled. My plan was to just throw my strongest Pokemon at it until they all die. The raid is at 1pm during the weekday though, so people who hold 9-5 jobs may not be able to make it. Good to know that Mewtwo still has a relatively high catch rate, though I was with one of my friends during the first Mewtwo raid in the area and he failed to catch it, so I know success isn't a guarantee. Fingers crossed!

Speculating a bit, but since Ho-Oh and Latias/Latios are leaving raids soon, what do you think will take their place? I think they'll pull a legendary beasts on us and introduce all the Regis but in different regions exclusively and swap them after a certain period of time. After all, we're getting very close to moving on to Gen 4.
I'm thinking the beasts will be relocated to the research rotation after Articuno (or at least I'm hoping so; I'm missing two of them and I want a guarantee appearance and the ability to use my dozens upon dozens of Ultra Balls on them). Hopefully they'll bring back Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza, even if they make them region exclusive for awhile.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Three players?! Shoot, wow, I thought it would take a minimum of twelve people, and that's IF they're relatively high leveled. My plan was to just throw my strongest Pokemon at it until they all die.

It's important to stress that three people is the extreme lower limit. More average, but still good, players will probably take at least five. Mewtwo has most of its stats in Attack, not Defense or HP, and its those stats that make Raid Bosses powerful. That's why Lugia is the hardest Legendary Raid so far.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Three players?! Shoot, wow, I thought it would take a minimum of twelve people, and that's IF they're relatively high leveled. My plan was to just throw my strongest Pokemon at it until they all die. The raid is at 1pm during the weekday though, so people who hold 9-5 jobs may not be able to make it. Good to know that Mewtwo still has a relatively high catch rate, though I was with one of my friends during the first Mewtwo raid in the area and he failed to catch it, so I know success isn't a guarantee. Fingers crossed!
I would NOT recommend attempting any legendary raid with 3 players. Only level 40 players with amazing Pokemon can even attempt that.

Always try going for 6 players at least. I've failed even level 4 raids with 5 people using their best Pokemon, don't expect level 5 raids to be easier.

EDIT: Wow! I can't believe the leaks/rumors were true. I'm super excited for the Lets Go! Eevee/Pikachu titles, especially with their compatibility with Go!

I'm hoping this means Regionals will be a thing of the past. Can't wait to transfer myself a Kangaskhan and Mr. Mime ASAP.

Also got myself 4 Alolan Exeggutors already! Wow he's such a silly sight to see. None of them were great IV-wise, but there's plenty of time to get a really good one. Also, for some reason Exeggcute cannot evolve into it, at least right now, however Alolan Exeggutor still takes Exeggcute candies. My guess is they threw it in there as a last minute celebration for the announcement of the new titles.

Last edited:

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I'm hoping this means Regionals will be a thing of the past. Can't wait to transfer myself a Kangaskhan and Mr. Mime ASAP.
Oh wow, I didn't even think of that! But wait, wasn't Mr. Mime not in Yellow originally? Wait...are they gonna purposefully separate the region exclusives into the 2 versions, Kangaskhan and Farfetch'd in LG Pikachu and Mr. Mime and Tauros in LG Eevee?

Vipsoccermaster

Already caught 10 Alolan Exeggutor. A few bad ones, and a bunch of decent ones. Luckily, they were all weather-boosted for me, so that was nice. They also really help with the Dragon Tamer medal, too. Because of this, five of them have a CP value of over 2100. Best Alolan Exeggutor caught in the wild in terms of CP has a CP value of 2546.

For the number of people needed for some legendary raids, yeah, average would be about 6-8. Once I was able to take down an Entei with only four players (me included), with just one second remaining.

@Erron Black Not quite yet for regionals. The Gen I regionals, yes, but not from Gen II onwards, at this time. They said that Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee will only feature the original 151 Pokémon, plus one secret and unknown Pokémon. Therefore, only Tauros, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, and Farfetch'd for now. Also, with this, as the release of the games near, Niantic might as well drop the Gen I regionals available to everyone worldwide. Especially since you have Mime Jr. coming up for Gen IV, which is likely to be hatched from an egg like the Gen II babies. Mime Jr. can be evolved into Mr. Mime, who is exclusive to Europe. Europe will likely get a new regional when the time comes.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
@Erron Black Not quite yet for regionals. The Gen I regionals, yes, but not from Gen II onwards, at this time. They said that Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee will only feature the original 151 Pokémon, plus one secret and unknown Pokémon. Therefore, only Tauros, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, and Farfetch'd for now. Also, with this, as the release of the games near, Niantic might as well drop the Gen I regionals available to everyone worldwide. Especially since you have Mime Jr. coming up for Gen IV, which is likely to be hatched from an egg like the Gen II babies. Mime Jr. can be evolved into Mr. Mime, who is exclusive to Europe. Europe will likely get a new regional when the time comes.
Oh yeah, I know that it won't be all regionals. Just the Gen 1 Pokemon.

Totally spaced on Mime Jr., which totally makes sense that they would end up removing it as a regional since they appear to only be single stage Pokemon.

I'm just excited that I'll finally be able to fill in those two regional spots in Gen 1 I am missing! lol

Plus, we don't know if they'll update LG: Pikachu/Eevee! with more Pokemon or not similar to Go!, I mean it'd be odd to have it be compatible, but not fully compatible with the mobile game. I see LG: Pikachu/Eevee being the console gamer's PoGo tbh.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Finally got my Salamance! I wasn't even close to getting enough Alolan Exeggcutors to fill out my Silver Dragon Medal, but I don't care too much about that. Still need 100 more Arons to get the Gold Steel Medal, so I'm giving up on that as well. Debated between making Wailmer my buddy or Feebas. Went with Feebas, since hopefully, eventually, there will be a good Wailmer nest. Maybe.

The only fossil Pokemon I still needed to register was Armaldo, and I easily got that with Adventure Week. I'm excited to see the Research Breakthrough is changing for June, since Articuno is the only Legendary Bird I still need.

I also caught a bunch of Alolan Exeggutor, which I love. I'm really excited to see the integration of the remaining Alolan Formes. Alolan Sandshrew and Vulpix are going to be so cute!

My new Pokedex total is 326.
145 Kanto, 85 Johto, and 96 Hoenn.

TeaWest

I recently got enough candy for a Milotic and found a shiny Wailmer while I was out for a run! It was the first time my plus really came in handy :)