• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Since they've done an Articuno and Zapdos day, it seems almost certain that we'll get a Moltres day soon. It's also possible that they'll eventually repeat Research Breakthrough rewards. The fact that this month is Snorlax seems to imply that they're afraid of running out of Legnedaries. So might also stall by doing repeats.
or they did the trio of Gen 1, focused on their respective typings with the research(including water w/ articuno) and then did a very rare Pokemon from Gen 1 with an exclusive move focusing on Kanto Pokemon.

then next month we get the trio from gen 2 along w/ Celebi special research.

just a thought

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
or they did the trio of Gen 1, focused on their respective typings with the research(including water w/ articuno) and then did a very rare Pokemon from Gen 1 with an exclusive move focusing on Kanto Pokemon.

then next month we get the trio from gen 2 along w/ Celebi special research.

just a thought

Either way, it's not sustainable to do a new Legendary every month, so we will inevitably get to the point where they do repeats.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Either way, it's not sustainable to do a new Legendary every month, so we will inevitably get to the point where they do repeats.
well, yeah

they're pumping out the next generation in line yearly, and with Pokemon releasing a new generation every ~3 years, they will HAVE to do repeats at some point in time.(which will probably be mid gen 9 for the main series games)

they're trying to keep things time gated as much as possible, which is why we didn't see all shinies release instantly and why we saw a timed release with gen 3, which we'll likely see with gen 4, and why we've yet to see nincada, clamperl, smeargle, spinda, kecleon, etc...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I tried to catch a Wooper but unfortunately it fled. However I did land a Nice Curveball, which lead me to getting another Gastly so now I need 4 more Ghost-types just to get 2500 EXP to complete another task for a Mythical Discovery. I'd say my best catch in a while was a Swellow but weirdly it had 999 CP, which wasn't so impressive that it was a Swellow itself and with that CP, I wouldn't have found it suitable for Gyms but the number was also impressive due to it being the highest three digit number. And I also found another Eevee candy, in which I have 25 now but I'll evolve another Eevee another time. I also did find another Eevee in my radar but unfortunately I couldn't get to its location.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Did my very first Raid battle today and caught a 82% Charmander. Can't attempt the higher levels given no-one plays from my neighborhood.

Drummerdude

I saw and captured my first Ralts in 6+ months today as well as got to take on a Kirlia raid which wasn't too bad. Unfortunately this did go down the day AFTER the double candy ends. Though I really shouldn't complain because 8 Ralts candies are better than 0.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I got around evolving a Kanto Rattata into a Raticate and I completed a Research Task for evolving a Pokémon. I then caught an Eevee that way and I evolved that Eevee into an Umbreon. I finally evolved a Magikarp into a Gyarados so I can take on Gyms way more easily. I got another Eevee after I got 3 Nice Throws in a row as a Research Task.

MattySadler

Got my Mew today. Just Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan and Mewtwo away from completing Kanto.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today I was able to trade for Mr. Mime so now I am only missing Kangaskhan and Farfetch'd from Kanto. I also exchanged phone numbers with one player who I raid with twice a week because he lives only a couple minutes from the mall. He is going to do my Mewtwo raid next week for me since I have to work.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So in Pokémon GO I got to deposit my Gyarados into a Gym for the first time. I was going to battle the Gym but fortunately I didn't have to battle the Gym because another player helped defeat the Gym. I caught some Pokémon too, but they weren't too interesting.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I did my first Level 2 Raid, a Kirlia, and managed to beat with 40 seconds remaining. 71% IV, eh, but registered to the Dex at least.

Thanks to the previous event, I hatched and caught many Pokémon to rack up candies and was patient enough to collect them in at least 84% to max 96% IVs. Here are the ones evolved into today:
  • Wartortle, Venusaur, Birthday Hat Racihu (x3), Alolan Sandslash, Ninetales, Alolan Persian, Slowbro, Haunter, Exeggutor, Shiny Omastar, Sceptile, Swampert, Masquerain (x2), Aggron, Sharpedo, Vibrava, Cradily, Armaldo, Sealeo, Walrein and Metang.
I got at around 70,000 XP thanks to Lucky Egg.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Decided to conduct an experiment with a Vaporeon I got just a few days after the game launched. My mom also had a Vaporeon of the same age, but both of ours didn't have the best stats. Traded them both and they became Lucky Pokemon! After checking their IVs, they raised exponentially! One went from "decent" (3rd tier for Valor) to "accomplish anything" (1st tier) and the other went from 2nd tier to 1st tier as well. For the record, we're great friends but become ultra friends once we interact today. So my first Lucky Pokemon was my favorite Pokemon from my childhood!

EDIT: Also, I've got my second EX raid later today. Wish me luck! This place has never spawned an EX raid before and I'm hesitant that we won't have enough people.

Last edited:

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Finally managed to get Gold for my Hoenn Pokedex medal and Silver for Pikachu :)

I'm still struggling with the Steel and Dragon ones, but on a high note a friend of mine has managed to get me every region exclusive to get me closer to filling up my Pokedex.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'm back with a Mewtwo! Had about 11 or 12 people so we took it down with ease. Mewtwo ended up being 88.9 % which is better than my previous one! I reached ultra friends with my mom today, so that's 50,000 exp in the bag and some great bonuses too! Also met some really nice people at the EX raid and got their friend code except for one guy, I didn't think about it until after I had gone home. Just about everyone was going to Florida sometime within the next few months except for one woman, so I offered her a Heracross and got a chance to experiment again. I got this guy about a month and a half ago so it was pretty recent. I asked for a really old Pokemon and she came up with an old Ivysaur. Did the trade and BOOM, Lucky Heracross for her and a Lucky Ivysaur (and a successful experiment!) for me.

To top the cherry on the sundae, I got home and caught a shiny Swablu. I don't usually have this kind of luck as it comes and goes in bursts it seems, but today was a good day for it!

Drummerdude

I took part in my first EX Raid today. I was scared there wouldn't be a lot of people but there ended up being about 12 of us and we took Mewtwo down with plenty of time to spare. Man did I struggle hard with catching Mewtwo though. The first 6 balls I threw either missed or it would knock right back. The 7th ball was the first where Mewtwo actually went into the ball and it managed to stay in!! So now I have a Mewtwo and I am only missing Mr. Mime and Kangaskhan from the Kanto Dex. All in all I had a good time even though I had to basically skedaddle right after catching it to make the 30 minute drive back to work.

Also Raikou is the August Research Pokemon!! Great news for me seeing as I do not have the Legendary Beasts.

thekorean

Hathed many Gift eggs, still no Alolan Vulpix. I have everything else I can get from Gift eggs.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Tried my luck at an Alolan Exeggutor raid. First try... I was literally an inch from beating him when the clock ran out! Second try, didn't get as far... around a bit more than 3/4ths down. Still fun though. They recommend 9 people against him, so for me to almost take him down in a solo raid (**) isn't too bad since I'm only level 25. Also got some items and a couple of gifts, along with catching and releasing Pokemon.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
called it.

Raikou is next month's Research Breakthrough, meaning we're probably getting Celebi Special Research worldwide the 1st or shortly after.

this means we can expect Entei for September w/ a Fire-type theme and Suicune for October w/ a Water/Ice type theme. Then November will likely be a rare Johto Pokemon with a Johto theme. No clue what they'd do for that, maybe they could introduce Smeargle that way? IDK it'd be a lackluster Research Breakthrough considering it's maximum CP is 389. If Heracross weren't regional, I'd go with that one, considering it's powerful and single stage like Snorlax. If they do an evolved form, it could be anything really. Steelix, Scizor, Togetic, Blissey, Kingdra, Crobat, etc... They're all pretty strong contenders.

Anyway, still no Alolan Marowak for me. I've only seen a single raid in our local Discord, and it was one I couldn't make. Every other one has been Tyranitar or Houndoom, haven't seen anything else.

I have gotten two Registeel and an Alolan Raichu, the Registeel were both good, but my Raichu was lackluster, so I'm hoping to find another 3-star raid that hatches into an Alolan Raichu so I can nab a better one.

Since Lucky Pokemon have released I've gotten... 6 I believe. A Bulbasaur, Vaporeon, Illumise, Butterfree, Farfetch'd, and a Shiny Bulbasaur. This was a good way to give players the incentive to trade, but I wish it wasn't age-reliant when it came to what is Lucky and what isn't. I'd much rather it be Friend level-reliant, rewarding players for hitting the Best Friend level with others furthermore after they hit that goal.

Hoping they tweak it more and more as time goes on.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I hatched my first Larvitar egg and also I registered Larvitar in the Pokédex. I took on a Gym somewhere and even though I did defeat the Gym several times in quick succession, as soon as I put Sceptile in it, it got knocked out quickly. I was surprised after seeing the shadows of a Golem and a Shuckle but unfortunately I had to miss them. I also evolved another Alolan Rattata I caught into an Alolan Raticate.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Hatched an Alolan Sandshrew (96%) and a Feebas (91%). Unfortunately, Feebas is male so I'll keep Magikarp as my buddy.