• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally was able to get another raid. Beat a Magikarp with a Sudowoodo who got a weather boost. Also got some items and a gift. Got another gift from another stop earlier and got some gift at another stop. Caught some random Pokemon to use some items. Caught the Magikarp and am keeping it. Thinking of naming it FlipOrFlop. Was finally able to move on to the next set of tasks towards Mew.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I caught a Duskull earlier today so I have gotten my ninth ghost for the Mythical Discovery. I put a Gyarados in a Gym I have defended before for almost a day. I also got an Excellent throw on a Numel, where I got 5 Great Balls from the Field Research.

thekorean

Finally hatched Alolan Vulpix. No more Alolan eggs hatching for me.

Caught Lickitung too.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I participated in day 1 of Eevee community day and I caught a lot of Eevees. I evolved a Eevee into Flareon and I registered it into the Pokédex. I have evolved another Eevee into Jolteon and an Eevee into Vaporeon. I then caught my first Spinda after getting three Curveballs in a row. And I found another Dratini after a long time and I evolved another Dratini into Dragonair. Unfortunately I haven't found a shiny Eevee yet.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Mission success. Third encounter, Shiny Eevee. Male, 532 CP, 60%: 11/1/15. Haven't evolved any Eevee to an Eeveeloution, so I can safely use the name-cheat. Any suggestions?

Drummerdude

Ended up getting a second Spinda and a Chansey through the research tasks during the week. Nothing else really interesting happened between the last time I posted and today.

So Community Day. It's actually cool to see all the players out and about. Anyways I ended up catching 7 Shiny Eevee's today. Plus I have not used the nickname trick for the 3 Kanto evolutions so I won't have to deal with RNG Madness. I assume if I walk 10km with Eevee it will always evolve into Espeon and Umbreon depending on the time of day? Eevee was not the only shiny I encountered today because immediately after shiny Eevee #4 I found a Shiny Roselia!

Lastly I also got my fifth 10k egg today. It's getting more difficult as it seems like 5k's are twice as common as 2k's so it takes more time to hatch before I can hunt for more eggs. I hope everyone else had Community Day success!

Bus

I dont know what it is with today's Community day, but I got 4 Shiny Eevee inside of 30 minutes. Its a new record for me. And with the word that you can transfer guys to the Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee (and presumably, later, the Gen 8 game), I could have my choice of 4 Shiny Eeveelutions.

Ended up getting a second Spinda and a Chansey through the research tasks during the week. Nothing else really interesting happened between the last time I posted and today.

So Community Day. It's actually cool to see all the players out and about. Anyways I ended up catching 7 Shiny Eevee's today. Plus I have not used the nickname trick for the 3 Kanto evolutions so I won't have to deal with RNG Madness. I assume if I walk 10km with Eevee it will always evolve into Espeon and Umbreon depending on the time of day? Eevee was not the only shiny I encountered today because immediately after shiny Eevee #4 I found a Shiny Roselia!

Lastly I also got my fifth 10k egg today. It's getting more difficult as it seems like 5k's are twice as common as 2k's so it takes more time to hatch before I can hunt for more eggs. I hope everyone else had Community Day success!

Careful, man. I'm pretty sure the naming trick only works if you haven't already gotten a Vaporeon, Flareon, or Jolteon in the past. If you have, then naming them will NOT guarantee the Pokemon of the corresponding name.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
So Eevee day is still going, but I have to call it quits for today. It's so hot and I think I may have gotten a bit dehydrated in the midst of it all. So I looked for two of the three hours without a single shiny Eevee to my name. I've never had this poor of luck during a CD before. I went home, opened the app, and you guessed it, there was a shiny Eevee waiting for me when I got home. The tiny bit of relief on a scorching day : ) Hopefully tomorrow will be better since I've got a different spot set up where people found tons of shinies today. Hope everyone else's day went better than mine lol but at least I got something to show for it.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Slept through the first hour of the Community Day, but on the bright side I caught 5 shiny Eevee. 3 of them luckily evolved into all three of the kanto evolutions without doubles, so I plan to make the other 2 into Umbreon and Espeon. Hopefully tomorrow I can find another 4 and round out all the shiny evolutions for the later gens.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Even though I was considering skipping this event, I ended up going to the unpopulated park for the last hour. The first thing I see? Shiny Eevee. I caught a few more during the next hour. There was also a Registeel raid I participated in, but I didn't catch it.

But most importantly...I traded for a Mr. Mime!!! I overheard a couple talking about catching stuff outside the country, so I asked them later if they had a mime and they said yes. I offered them my one and only Spinda, which they accepted. Due to us having never met, the cost was still 15,000 stardust, but that's okay. I now only need Kangaskhan and I'm all set for Kanto!

Maybe tomorrow I can ask for a Kangaskhan...

Vipsoccermaster

I had an excellent run for Day 1 of Eevee Community Day. Caught 10 Shiny Eevee out of about over 100 caught. Most Eevee I caught were terrible in terms of IVs, but I'll trade those as fodder for extra candy. Hoping I'll have the same amount of luck tomorrow, but I don't expect to. I'm just glad to have more than enough to have a complete shiny Eeveelution set. One shiny Eevee is reserved for someone else as a request, though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I have done day 2 of Eevee community day. I caught a lot of Eevee as usual and I caught 6 shiny Eevee today. I evolved three of them and they evolved into different Kanto Eeveelutions fortunately. I deposited a Vaporeon into one Gym but unfortunately it got knocked out too quickly and was taken over. Then I later went down to another Gym to do an Alolan Exeggutor raid, which I didn't defeat unfortunately. Once it was gone, I quickly defeated that Gym and I deposited Vaporeon into that Gym. I then defeated a Gym nearby and unfortunately once I deposited Flareon there, it got knocked out quickly and the Gym was taken over.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
No Kangaskhan, unfortunately. I swear I caught over 50 Eevee today, and not one shiny. I’m going to walk this CP 825 shiny Eevee into an Espeon. Thinking about walking an even more powerful non-shiny Eevee into an Umbreon. It would be nice to have at least ONE Pokémon able to defend a gym competently.

Oh, and a Poke Stop randomly spat out a King’s Rock today. That’s cool.

Bus

I'll have my chance at a Khangaskhan later this year. Taking a Cruise in Sydney, Australia in November!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I finally evolved Bayleef into Meganium! Earlier on, I got to deposit my shiny Flareon into a Gym. I caught a Misdreavus and Eevee from Field Research even though Eevee appeared after Eevee Community Day was over.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
So...about today. This has been the best CD I've ever had, which is a far cry from yesterday. I found 10 shinies to make 11 total. It would've been 12, but I caught a shiny at the last minute only for it to revert to a non shiny the next minute when the event ended. Not gonna lie...that really sucked, but it could've been much worse and I'm thankful for what I got. I had a friend who's shiny Eevee turned into a Chikorita. Yeah, not sure how to explain that one.

Other than that, I managed to get my first Registeel, which is great since it's been so hot for so long, that this was the only real opportunity to get one. I was walking with a group of friends when some freshmen asked if we could help them since they were mostly level 20s. We beat it with plenty of time and just seeing how happy they were gives me hope that they enjoy the raiding on campus when school starts up. Since I've graduated, I can't go there as often, but I'm hoping to still stay in touch with them. Anywho, I'm gonna try and get all the shiny eeveelutions without duplicates. Wish me luck!

Blackkyurem

Worked my butt off during Day 2, I missed day one. Caught just a ton of Eevee. Only got one Shiny though, nothing spectacular. I decided to let the universe decide it's evolution and it turned out to evolve into a Jolteon. At least it wasn't a Flareon.

Hi, this account is old but I'm new to the forums, been years since I've been on this account. I think I stopped coming on at Gen 6. Real shame. I've recently gotten back into Pokemon in general, I always played GO however. I'm not high level (pretty small town, few Pokestops), I haven't even caught Mew yet. It's very nice to see you all! Good luck with your GO adventures, guys!

oshawott7

cat burgler
My aunt and I became Ultra Friends so she was finally able to trade me a shiny Bulbasaur for my shiny Magikarp.

The first day of the Eevee event was pretty bad, there were hardly any Eevees and I only found 2 shinies, the second day however we went somewhere else and there was a decent amount of Eevees. Even though we arrived an hour late I still managed to catch 6 shinies, making 8 total. I evolved 3 and got two Jolteons and one Vaporeon.

All in all it was a good event, I got exactly as many Eevees as I needed and hopefully I'll find someone who will trade me a Flareon :)

Vipsoccermaster

Day 2 went well. Caught five shiny Eevee to make it a total of 15 shiny Eevee caught overall. Caught a bunch of normal Eevee, too. Also did a Registeel raid nearby, but didn't manage to catch it. Oh well, I still have one from before (the second was weaker than my first). Also caught two wild Flareon (one from Friday night, one during Community Day) and one wild Jolteon after Community Day. They all had Last Resort as the exclusive move. Nice.