• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks. Cool!

Been seeing some randoms. But nothing big yet. Hoping it turns around though.

My guy was able to walk ok today, so I did 20 laps.
Like the previous Johto Festival event, I was just as surprised to see some rare spawns appear more often as usual. I guess that similarly, Kanto spawns are around 100 times more likely to spawn this time around.

thekorean

Got Mr.Mime. I am surprised how quickly I got the two regional Pokemons from 7km egg. Since its only two weeks, I guess they wanted to be generous with the odds.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Finally caught a Hitmonlee! I got enough candy to evolve a Rhyhorn into a Rhydon but I'll save them for later. I'm getting pretty close to evolving a Magnemite into a Magneton. But I'm running out of Pinap Berries to farm candies. I powered up Clefable a bit more. I took on two Raids today, a Dratini Raid and a Magmar Raid.

Pluski

I've hatched about 35 seven km eggs since the new Kanto event started, and despite every egg being obtained after it began, only three of them have hatched into regionals. One Tauros and two Mr. Mime. I really hope I get Kangaskhan and Farfetch'd soon.

Also, I found a shiny Sableye about a week ago. That was a nice little surprise.

Drummerdude

Since the start of the Kanto event I have obtained enough candy to evolve Magneton and Rhydon once Gen 4 rolls around assuming they do not up the candy requirement. I'm also on the 7th set of Celebi challenges which I consider to be exciting. On Friday before work I managed to find a Shiny Omanyte which I have already evolved.
I've hatched about 35 seven km eggs since the new Kanto event started.
Good lord. Must be nice to have so many friends sending you gifts. I have 13 on my friends list and I get 1-2 a day. Fortunately I was smart enough to horde some before the event started. I have hatched 8 so far with 2 regionals. First egg was a Farfetch'd which I was indifferent about seeing as I caught one last year. The 8th egg however was a Kangaskhan! Now I just need a Mr. Mime and I will be done with the original 151.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Still trying to hatch the two eggs I have. My guy stopped walking again. Got up to around 4.9km. Very frustrated at this point. Tired of this issue with the GPS. Makes it that much harder to even try to hatch eggs.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
And I found and caught my second Chansey near my house. I later transferred her for Chansey candy. Unfortunately I haven’t hatched any regional exclusives from 7 km Eggs so far.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Just traded my first Steelix for a Shiny Eevee and it was a lucky trade :)

I also managed to catch 2 Hitmonchan which is unheard of where i am and a shiny Geodude.

Why is it that i find shinies i don't like?

First Aron and then Geodude.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And I found and caught my second Chansey near my house. I later transferred her for Chansey candy. Unfortunately I haven’t hatched any regional exclusives from 7 km Eggs so far.
Nice. I've been seeing junk nearby. -_- Minus a Lapras. That spawned at the local cell phone place.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice. I've been seeing junk nearby. -_- Minus a Lapras. That spawned at the local cell phone place.
Did you catch one? I caught another one just then. IDK how I even got that lucky. But I spun a Poké Stop by accident after hatching an Egg and I got another Egg. My Egg space is full so I can’t get any more 7 km Eggs for now.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
It's been a bit of a hassle these past couple of days since I haven't really been able to leave my house to walk eggs. I just need Kangaskhan so I really don't want to miss my chance! Other that it finally happened. Twice in one day. Lapras. YES, my white whale that I could only hatch and research until now shows up in my house. You can bet I was excited. Then I finally got to drive out and as soon as I get out of my car there's another in the parking lot! They're not spectacular, but I could always trade them to friends who need them/get better IV rerolls!

Also got to step 7 of the Celebi quest so now I just have to catch 30 more grass or psychic types and Celebi will be within sight! Pardon my energy, I've just had cabin fever for a hot minute. What sucks is that since I've been essentially stuck at home, I haven't been able to take advantage of the birds being back for the week. I'm going to go raid as soon as I'm able, but I'm just hoping for shiny Articuno b/c that's the only one I don't have. Anyway, that's where I'll leave it for now. Hope you guys find everything you're looking for this event!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yesterday, the last 7km Egg I hatched hatched into an Alolan Geodude, which I later transferred. But now I hatched the 2km Egg I incubated later on and it hatched into a Spheal, which I transferred later. I received another 7 km Egg as a gift because I finally got free space for my Eggs. I took on a Magneton raid with another player and I eventually caught one without having to evolve a Magnemite.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I eventually brought myself into evolving a Rhyhorn into a Rhydon. I levelled up once again and I bought bag space to accommodate for the items in my bag. I almost hatched a 2 km Egg so that I could get another 7 km Egg.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Did you catch one? I caught another one just then. IDK how I even got that lucky. But I spun a Poké Stop by accident after hatching an Egg and I got another Egg. My Egg space is full so I can’t get any more 7 km Eggs for now.
No luck on Chansey. Not giving up though. Also, heads up... make sure that Google Services is restricted to Wifi only. Son of a gun used over 15mbs of my cellular data today, right as I was playing Pokemon Go. Not too happy right now about that, since I'm on limited data. I still have enough thankfully for Mewtwo, community day and Entei though.

Finally got a Diglett today! Also finished up the Ditto research task! :p And guess what guys? Came across a Lapras in the wild and caught it. It's not the best, but it's really cool regardless. Also caught some other Pokemon and got some items and gifts.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
No luck on Chansey. Not giving up though. Also, heads up... make sure that Google Services is restricted to Wifi only. Son of a gun used over 15mbs of my cellular data today, right as I was playing Pokemon Go. Not too happy right now about that, since I'm on limited data. I still have enough thankfully for Mewtwo, community day and Entei though.
You could find one just out of your house or just down the road. Pretty sure at least one will spawn on your radar. They’re still quite rare but then I found two so far so I expect you’ll find at least one.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
You could find one just out of your house or just down the road. Pretty sure at least one will spawn on your radar. They’re still quite rare but then I found two so far so I expect you’ll find at least one.
I wish! Apart from that one, I haven't seen another Chansey. But I did find a Dratini. So that was a nice surprise to find in my yard. I hope you're right about it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I wish! Apart from that one, I haven't seen another Chansey. But I did find a Dratini. So that was a nice surprise to find in my yard. I hope you're right about it.
I’m glad at least you did. I caught like two or three so far during the current event.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I’m glad at least you did. I caught like two or three so far during the current event.
Cool. It's my second one. Found the other one at a Walmart lol.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Cool. It's my second one. Found the other one at a Walmart lol.
Well that’s good. Otherwise Dratinis are really rare and hard to find. At least they have increased spawn rates for now. I remember I found one outside my house and I caught another in a raid.