• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Well that’s good. Otherwise Dratinis are really rare and hard to find. At least they have increased spawn rates for now. I remember I found one outside my house and I caught another in a raid.
Yep. I don't usually find them where I'm at, outside of events and that one Community day.

Just named my Ditto, IsItMeURLkn4 (as in Lionel Richie's song 'Hello' and the lyrics, 'Hello, is it me you're looking for' -- got that feeling when I caught this Ditto for some reason lol).

And a Magikarp just spawned in my backyard! :) So now I have 391 Magikarp candies (used the new guy as Karp fodder).

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. I don't usually find them where I'm at, outside of events and that one Community day.
Yeah. I’ve also been noticing they’ve been much rarer since the introduction of new Pokémon. Unfortunately I’ve never even got to attend that Community Day.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah. I’ve also been noticing they’ve been much rarer since the introduction of new Pokémon. Unfortunately I’ve never even got to attend that Community Day.
Yea and where I'm at they usually spawn far away and the same goes with Magikarp. I try to take advantage when it's easier to find either one. Ah. I wasn't able to find a shiny one that day. Got a few though and they helped with one I had so I was able to evolve it into a Dragonair.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea and where I'm at they usually spawn far away and the same goes with Magikarp. I try to take advantage when it's easier to find either one. Ah. I wasn't able to find a shiny one that day. Got a few though and they helped with one I had so I was able to evolve it into a Dragonair.
Magikarp is quite rare these days too but at least in my experience I find that there are more Magikarp nests than Dratini nests. It should be pretty obvious why that’s the case.

IkhanaGraveyard

Goddess of Darkness
Did they recently change the exp you get when you spin a new pokestop? I remember reading about people leveling up fast with doing only that (travel to new cities and just walk around spinning new stops).
But now it says you only get 250 exp for a new one? ..or was it always like that?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Did they recently change the exp you get when you spin a new pokestop? I remember reading about people leveling up fast with doing only that (travel to new cities and just walk around spinning new stops).
But now it says you only get 250 exp for a new one? ..or was it always like that?

It's almost always been like that. The story you read is from an event where the experience from a new PokéStop was multiplied several times, making going to a new city with a Lucky Egg the most efficient way to get experience in the entire game.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I hatched a Kangaskhan today! I've officially completed the Kanto Pokedex! But on the negative side, someone put an Unown in a gym today just to taunt me. I kept seeing an Unown on the map and thought one had spawned, only to realize it's just coming from the gym. But Kangaskhan!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I evolved an Omanyte into Omastar and I hatched another Spheal from an Egg. Unfortunately I couldn’t get an Egg as another Gift so I ended up getting a 2km Egg from a Poké Stop.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Walked a little bit today (when the game's GPS was co-operating lol) and caught a couple of Pokemon. Also opened some Gifts.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Caught my Celebi today! Besides that, over the course of the event going on I've hatched about 25 7km eggs, 2 of them being Kangaskhan, 1 being Farfetch'd, and 1 being Tauros. I live in the US, so I'm still missing out on Mr. Mime. Once I hatch that (or trade my spare Kanga for one) then I just need to catch a Mewtwo in a raid and my Kanto dex will be finished. Probably never gonna get Deoxys cause there's no close EX viable gyms. Hopefully they'll give it the Mewtwo treatment so I can have a shot at it someday.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Had a pretty long Pokémon GO today. I did three raids, which were a Dratini raid, an Articuno raid and a Lickitung raid. I caught the Dratini and Lickitung but unfortunately I didn't catch the Articuno. Some of the Pokémon I got today from evolution were Charizard, Muk and Arcanine. I currently have 140 Pokémon registered as caught in the Kanto Dex.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Having a good day today. Was able to hatch another Alolan egg. Got an Alolan Grimer from it. Found an Abra, a Geodude and a Tangela. Also was able to get another Alolan regional egg.

Tried to get some items and gifts today... and ran into constant 'Unable to Authenticate' errors for the past hour or so. Niantic really needs to get more and better servers. :(

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hatched another Treecko from an Egg and I then opened my gifts I received to get another 7 km Egg to fill in a Egg slot, which I did. I finally got the 400 candies I needed to evolve a Magikarp! But I haven’t evolved one yet for now.

Drummerdude

I've hatched 21 7k eggs and so far no Mr. Mime. 3 Kangaskhan though so maybe I'll be able to trade for one if I don't get lucky. I have also completed the 7th Celebi quest set but haven't collected the challenges so to speak. Might wait until tomorrow during the Community Day.

I did finally get an Alolan Grimer though. Well actually two. I have also hatched 2 more Alolan Vulpix so maybe I'll finally get around to evolving one.

thekorean

I got Mr.Mime and Kanghaskhan from hatching 4 7KM eggs immedately after they announced it. I guess I was lucky.

What is not so lucky is the fact that I won 3 Mewtwo raid and could not catch a single Mewtwo.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Finally was able to get on tonight... I just had to force stop Pokemon Go, return Google Maps to factory setting and then redownload the update again. Going to test things out in the morning to see if I can get on again. If I can't, I'll redo what I did tonight before heading out for Community day. Don't want to run into any errors. I'd be screwed over GTS wise if I tried to force stop.

Was able to catch some Pokemon tonight, including a Diglett.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I hatched an Anorith from a 5 km Egg I had but unfortunately I got another 5 km Egg before I could open a gift to get another 7 km Egg. I had a pretty decent Chikorita Community Day even though I don't think it was as good as Eevee Community Day. I found three shiny Chikorita and I fully evolved one into Meganium. I then caught around ten of those mysterious Pokémon and they all became Ditto.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Finally managed to take part in an event, and i got 2 shinies :)

One in the first 10 minutes of the event and then a 2nd half an hour later.

I also managed to evolve one to Meganium so i go Frenzy Plant and i caught a wild Lapras.

Over all a good hours hunting.

quake

Finally did an event properly, never had a chikorita before so I got enough to level to meganium. No shinnies though!

Also hatched 3x7km eggs and got a far'fetched and 2 Mr. Mimes which is annoying as I'm from Ireland and already have loads. Thru should have locked out your regional from the eggs. Just Tarous left from the Regionals.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I've had a very productive day pokemon go wise.I got 2 magikarp (I need to evolve one for the mew quest) and 3 shiny chikorita. As soon as the chikorita event ended all the pokemon were replaced by the weird new one it was a surprise to be sure but a welcome one. It lasted for half an hour, and they all turned into ditto when caught.